PDA

View Full Version : Wyrom Announcement:

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SashaFierce
08-07-2017, 10:12 PM
https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/40/forum-communication

Starting today, I will be moving my communication effort to these forums (forums.elanthia.online) as a continued goal to keep several channels open to our player base. The official forums will still be a launching point for all GemStone IV announcements, but as time goes on, we will utilize these forums more and more. Thank you to everyone who made it possible.

The forum introduction can be found here, with details about forum leadership.

https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/37/introduction

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Fuck those new forums.

peam
08-07-2017, 10:18 PM
https://imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

drauz
08-07-2017, 10:21 PM
You are literally creating a new forum instead of just kicking out PB.

This is pretty hilarious.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Hey, Whirlin, if you're actually interested in enforcing the rules of THIS forum you might want to check this shit out:

(f) upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation, except where specifically noted.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Here's the code of conduct for the new safe space forums. The rules are worse than the officials. I LOL'd:

Code of Conduct
This policy is a “living” document, and subject to refinement and expansion in the future.

The Landing is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.

This code of conduct applies to all The Landing-sponsored spaces, including our community Slack, open-source projects, and other spaces that The Landing hosts, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the The Landing admin team.

Some The Landing-sponsored spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
Definitions

Harassment Includes:

Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate
Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
Threats of violence
Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
Deliberate intimidation
Stalking or following
Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
Sustained disruption of discussion
Unwelcome sexual attention
Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect other The Landing community members or other vulnerable people from intentional abuse
Publication of non-harassing private communication without consent of all involved parties
General Rules

You are not permitted to use any personal data (including, but not limited to, name, email, or phone number) from a member of this community without their permission. Any wholesale data collection, such as collecting email addresses for a mailing list, is prohibited and will be reported.

Active community members are welcome (and encouraged) to share products and services they’re working on. However, The Landing is not an ad space, and should not be treated as such. Any posts perceived to be spam may be removed without notice at the discretion of the admin team. Users are encouraged to report spam-like behavior to the admin team.

Gemstone IV Staff are volunteers which work very hard to create an enjoyable gaming experience, and while we welcome healthy criticism, personal attacks against them have no place in a more healthy community, whether they are active posters or not. Please keep in mind that Gamemasters are not Simutronics the company, in a similar way to how a character is not the player.

Reporting

If you are being harassed by a member of the The Landing community, notice that someone else is being harassed, witness a member of the community breaking the rules, or have any other concerns, please contact one of the The Landing admins. If the person who is harassing you is an admin, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.

This code of conduct applies to The Landing-sponsored spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of the The Landing community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by The Landing community members seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the The Landing community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside The Landing spaces and behavior towards people who are not in the The Landing community.

In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. The The Landing admins are not here to explain power differentials or other basic social justice concepts to you. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.

We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of The Landing members or the general public.

Consequences

Participants asked to stop any harassing or unauthorized behavior are expected to comply immediately.

If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the The Landing admins may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all The Landing spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other The Landing community members or the general public.

peam
08-07-2017, 10:25 PM
People with hypertension be careful 'cause this thread is gonna be SALTY.

Tenlaar
08-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Eh, I doubt anybody is that surprised by Wyrom bitching out.

Menos
08-07-2017, 10:32 PM
I reserve judgment until I see Wyrom post the same on the officials or from an account definitively linked to him. My BS meter is running high at the moment.

Fortybox
People with hypertension be careful 'cause this thread is gonna be SALTY.

Sorry but your post violates this rule:

Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm

Please refrain or else you'll be outed to the general public.

Tgo01
Eh, I doubt anybody is that surprised by Wyrom bitching out.

OMG! You said "bitch!" You need to be banned!

These are the pussy forums people want over there.

Tenlaar
08-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Also, there seems to be a clear conflict of interest here with Whirlin.

Also also, those forums look absolutely terrible.

Also also also, lulz at simutronics finding yet another way to get players to do something for them for free so they don't have to act like a real company that people pay money to.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Also, there seems to be a clear conflict of interest here with Whirlin.

Also also, those forums look absolutely terrible.

Also also also, lulz at simutronics finding yet another way to get players to do something for them for free so they don't have to be act like a real company that people pay money to.

Yeah, Whirlin is a POS. Clear conflict of interest and he should be removed from mod powers here IMO.

Wow, also noticed that they actually copied the forum descriptions verbatim too.

Neveragain
08-07-2017, 10:36 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/TrDxCdtmdluP6/200.webp#8-grid1

hello
08-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Wyrom knows how fucking toxic this troll infested shithole actually is. Again, you dumb trollfucks need any more evidence? That's right bitches, I was right all along.

peam
08-07-2017, 10:37 PM
I reserve judgment until I see Wyrom post the same on the officials or from an account definitively linked to him. My BS meter is running high at the moment.

I put in a request via Discord for Wyrom to confirm. It's not BS.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 10:39 PM
I guess it's time to make me mod after all. I may hate you all and think you're rapists, but I wouldn't be actively encouraging to kill this forum for another shittier version of the officials.

I also like how time4fun was one of the biggest whiners about me becoming a mod "OH NO! HE'LL ABUSE HIS POWERS!" and she has already moved to the new safe space forums.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 10:43 PM
I guess it's time to make me mod after all. I may hate you all and think you're rapists, but I wouldn't be actively encouraging to kill this forum for another shittier version of the officials.

I also like how time4fun was one of the biggest whiners about me becoming a mod "OH NO! HE'LL ABUSE HIS POWERS!" and she has already moved to the new safe space forums.

Um, isn't having time4fun over there a good thing? One less annoying idiot to worry about.

The PC was about getting AWAY from the officials. I'd rather have Wyrom over there than here anyways.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 10:44 PM

Cool story bro. Why are you still posting here?

Tenlaar
08-07-2017, 10:46 PM
The PC was about getting AWAY from the officials. I'd rather have Wyrom over there than here anyways.

At least here people had the ability to tell him when they do stupid shit without getting moderated. Not that he ever listened or did anything but be defensive on a good day and dismissive on a...well, on most of the days.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 10:51 PM
At least here people had the ability to tell him when they do stupid shit without getting moderated. Not that he ever listened or did anything but be defensive on a good day and dismissive on a...well, on most of the days.

Well he can not listen or do anything over there. The cool part of the PC was that you could say what you really wanted to say without the officials shutting you up.

Neveragain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3SL9YTPfz8

Tgo01
Um, isn't having time4fun over there a good thing? One less annoying idiot to worry about.

I just mean the irony that she was oh so worried about what would happen to the PC then first chance she gets she moves over there anyways, even after she got her wish of me bowing out of being a mod.

I mean seriously. From what I've seen people have been mostly pleasant to Wyrom over here. Sure people have sometimes said something to him they couldn't say on the officials, but those have been in the vast minority of responses to his posts. Shit, I had like a 100 page thread dedicated to me because -I- was being harassed on LNet, then that harassment carried over to the PC, and you don't see me crying and demanding a safe space for my fee fees.

Fuck's sake.

Ososis
08-07-2017, 10:53 PM
Do you need a safe space from safe spaces?

Rheisia
08-07-2017, 10:56 PM
It's strange watching the worst people in PC sit around and talk about how terribe other people are.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 10:59 PM
It's strange watching the worst people in PC sit around and talk about how terribe other people are.

Why aren't you resting comfortably over at your new space?

Tenlaar
08-07-2017, 10:59 PM

Hey, the only person I've talked about is Wyrom! And I don't know if he's a terrible person, just that he's...you know...defensive, dismissive, and often terribly unprofessional.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 11:00 PM
I just mean the irony that she was oh so worried about what would happen to the PC then first chance she gets she moves over there anyways, even after she got her wish of me bowing out of being a mod.

I mean seriously. From what I've seen people have been mostly pleasant to Wyrom over here. Sure people have sometimes said something to him they couldn't say on the officials, but those have been in the vast minority of responses to his posts. Shit, I had like a 100 page thread dedicated to me because -I- was being harassed on LNet, then that harassment carried over to the PC, and you don't see me crying and demanding a safe space for my fee fees.

Fuck's sake.

Wyrom can't control this forum. That's the "problem."

Here's a post of his:

Someone pointed something out to me that I want to make sure is clear. The officials (forums.play.net) are still the main communication outlet for GemStone IV. I’m moving away from the Players’ Corner. We tried it out, but I need a little more structure. These forums offer that.

There are a few places I’d like to support where myself and other GameMasters can communication with our players. Here. The GemStone IV Slack channel. And some Discord servers. It will be slow, but updating how we communicate will only benefit the game. Improving our staff culture is important.

Structure = control

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 11:02 PM

Why are you creating such a hostile forum environment by saying "worst people"?

Taernath
08-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Those forums have a terrible layout. I think they might even be worse than the officials, and that's saying something.

peam
08-07-2017, 11:05 PM
http://www.ideadigezt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Salt-014-1024x614.jpg
https://www.fitzeefoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/salt_blog-1.jpg
https://www.mitsui.com/au/en/group/__icsFiles/artimage/2016/01/22/dae_5/1216815_9223_picture.jpg

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Wyrom can't control this forum. That's the "problem."

Here's a post of his:

Structure = control

This is pretty amazing to be honest.

"The unofficials are a bit TOO 'unofficial' for my tastes...can we perhaps start a new forum? One with even more rules and heavy handed moderation than the officials? That would be great."

Ososis
Seriously, WTF did you guys expect? It was a personal service for Wyrom to wade through the bullshit here. It's not his job or his obligation. We have a moderator that has been relegated to spam sweeper and everyone just does whatever the fuck they want.

"Yes! Doing whatever the fuck we want is WHY we are here! That right/freedom must be maintained!"

Cool, it is. But you can't get all bitchy when someone decides to exercise that power and go somewhere else.

peam
This is pretty amazing to be honest.

"The unofficials are a bit TOO 'unofficial' for my tastes...can we perhaps start a new forum? One with even more rules and heavy handed moderation than the officials? That would be great."

These chucklefucks hammering out their narrative in real time is hilarious.

Fallen
08-07-2017, 11:11 PM
These forums will for better or worse remain a near to completely unmoderated space. I think there is a place for that, but I definitely don't think the PC is for everyone, and having a middle ground between here and the officials serves a purpose.

Tenlaar
08-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Seriously, WTF did you guys expect? It was a personal service for Wyrom to wade through the bullshit here. It's not his job or his obligation. We have a moderator that has been relegated to spam sweeper and everyone just does whatever the fuck they want.

It's simu's job to not have forums that are so awful that so many people would rather not know what's happening than go to them. That is why so many people come here instead of the officials, and why Wyrom started posting here to begin with, and why he is on the new (and much worse looking in every way) forums.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:12 PM

Hey you attacking me? Take that shit to your new forums. OH WAIT!

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:14 PM

"Yes! Doing whatever the fuck we want is WHY we are here! That right/freedom must be maintained!"

Cool, it is. But you can't get all bitchy when someone decides to exercise that power and go somewhere else.

I don't give a flying fuck if people want to try and start a new forum, but it would be great if our only mod would have made his intentions clear beforehand instead of trying to move traffic to the new forums himself.

SashaFierce
08-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Just to respond to some of the false statements:

This is where you can read about the new forums leadership.

Simutronics/Wyrom is not in any position of command on the new forums, it's created and staffed by GS players for GS players. Wyrom has graciously offered to transition there as it offers better forum software for interaction. Such as Tagging.

They aren't the "unofficial official forums" but they will have GameMasters posting there.

The "TOS" is basically, act like a decent human being.

Tenlaar
08-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Simutronics/Wyrom is not in any position of command on the new forums, it's created and staffed by GS players for GS players. Wyrom has graciously offered to transition there as it offers better forum software for interaction. Such as Tagging.

Ohh, so that's the "structure" that was lacking on the PC? Tagging?

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:18 PM
The "TOS" is basically, act like a decent human being.

And that's the kind of vague bullshit I hate.

Is that sentence not "acting like a decent human being"?

Taernath
08-07-2017, 11:19 PM
I mean, we have a tagging feature here but I've never seen anyone who complained about wanting one use it.

Ososis
08-07-2017, 11:19 PM
It's simu's job to not have forums that are so awful that so many people would rather not know what's happening than go to them. That is why so many people come here instead of the officials, and why Wyrom started posting here to begin with, and why he is on the new (and much worse looking in every way) forums.

Simu is not Wyrom. And no, that is surely not "their job". If these forums are so awesome then I don't understand what the concern is for A: the other forum or B: Wyrom leaving. More likely people realize that the current state of the forum is encouraging the creation of alternate forums (just like the officials did) and the fact that Wyrom posted here gave an "officially unofficial" credibility.

The fact is that the creation of this new forum, the cross over of some big names, and the loss of Wyrom, are all bad news for THIS forum.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 11:20 PM

You couldn't post what you just said in that new forum. Think about that.

Ososis
08-07-2017, 11:20 PM
I don't give a flying fuck if people want to try and start a new forum, but it would be great if our only mod would have made his intentions clear beforehand instead of trying to move traffic to the new forums himself.

You were one of the voices demanding he be a glorified spam sweeper. Until I start seeing spam all over the forums he is fulfilling his obligations to these forums as they have been laid out to him.

Neveragain
08-07-2017, 11:21 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4908490/lotr-battle2-o.gif

Fortybox

Some people just want to watch forums burn.

Whirlin
How have I moved traffic? I didn't make this post. Furthermore, I'm only a moderator under merchanting. You're overstating my authority. I'm not an admin, I don't control these forums. I've attempted working with Kranar in some aspects of control, and they have not worked, so I've stuck to moding and watching the merchanting side of things.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Simu is not Wyrom. And no, that is surely not "their job". If these forums are so awesome then I don't understand what the concern is for A: the other forum or B: Wyrom leaving. More likely people realize that the current state of the forum is encouraging the creation of alternate forums (just like the officials did) and the fact that Wyrom posted here gave an "officially unofficial" credibility.

The fact is that the creation of this new forum, the cross over of some big names, and the loss of Wyrom, are all bad news for THIS forum.

I'm not "concerned" because if this forum dies then so be it, it will be a cold day in hell before I move to that new forum.

I'm just laughing at everyone who is rushing head long to a forum that has a more domineering moderation protocol than the officials.

You all remember what happened when SashaFierce was a mod on the PC? Because unless I'm misunderstanding the titles over there he's a mod on those forums now.

SashaFierce
08-07-2017, 11:22 PM

You're making a lot of claims when you have no influence over any of the decisions over there.

Ososis
08-07-2017, 11:23 PM

I didn't parse through the other forums rules. I prefer it here. That being said, could you point out what specifically I violated in the TOS? (not arguing that I didn't do it. I am sure I did. I am just curious)

Tgo01
You were one of the voices demanding he be a glorified spam sweeper. Until I start seeing spam all over the forums he is fulfilling his obligations to these forums as they have been laid out to him.

I said I didn't want him threatening to ban people for being meanie heads. Especially people being meanie heads in the politics folder.

SashaFierce
You all remember what happened when SashaFierce was a mod on the PC? Because unless I'm misunderstanding the titles over there he's a mod on those forums now.

You should probably read the announcement. It says who the admin and moderators are. I'm not one of them.

SonoftheNorth
08-07-2017, 11:27 PM
New forums rules are lame why not just post on the officials then.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:27 PM
You should probably read the announcement. It says who the admin and moderators are. I'm not one of them.

Well my bad then, I noticed you and Whirlin had the same title so I figured maybe you were made a mod after that announcement post was created.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:28 PM

Because that new forum is apparently now the official unofficial forums, if you can believe it.

Neveragain
08-07-2017, 11:29 PM

Because you can't sell for cash there.

Fallen
08-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Non-paying customers cannot post on the officials outside of 1 folder, and what Nevermind said.

Whirlin
08-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Well my bad then, I noticed you and Whirlin had the same title so I figured maybe you were made a mod after that announcement post was created.
MHO. I organize the group, so I've been testing the group options available and labeling over there. Alastir is not a moderator, he is not an administrator, he's an advocate.

Ososis
I said I didn't want him threatening to ban people for being meanie heads. Especially people being meanie heads in the politics folder.

I may have crossed wire, I was pretty sure you were in the "Mod only spam!" camp. If not, apologies. So what do you think the appropriate actions of a moderator on these forums are?

SashaFierce

Those are "Groups".

The HoA is an MHO.

Fortybox

I really doubt that this is bad news. The forum was never meant to be a place for a GM to come.

If merchanting goes, then yeah, maybe. I really doubt you'll get much traction over there with the rules though.

Fallen
08-07-2017, 11:31 PM
These forums would still very much benefit from a number of changes which would allow people to better filter what they see. If those changes were done earlier, I doubt this split would be taking place.

Ososis
08-07-2017, 11:33 PM
I really doubt that this is bad news.

I reallyer doubt it's good news though.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 11:34 PM
I didn't parse through the other forums rules. I prefer it here. That being said, could you point out what specifically I violated in the TOS? (not arguing that I didn't do it. I am sure I did. I am just curious)

Scroll up. I posted the rules of the forum.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 11:35 PM
How have I moved traffic? I didn't make this post. Furthermore, I'm only a moderator under merchanting. You're overstating my authority. I'm not an admin, I don't control these forums. I've attempted working with Kranar in some aspects of control, and they have not worked, so I've stuck to moding and watching the merchanting side of things.

You really should step down. Douche move on your part.

Tgo01
08-07-2017, 11:37 PM
I may have crossed wire, I was pretty sure you were in the "Mod only spam!" camp. If not, apologies. So what do you think the appropriate actions of a moderator on these forums are?

I made a post a couple of years ago that I still stand by. I have no problem with actual trolls that add nothing to the forums being banned. For example, hello.

I know a lot of people like to point to ParkBandit as being a troll and needs to be banned, but he posts in other parts of the forum outside of the politics folder and brings value to the community in his own way. He also tends to make arguments in the politics folder. I know everyone is now like "Oh that's because he's a conservative like you!"

No. I think time4fun is useless in the politics folder but I recognize the value she brings to the PC outside of the politics folder.

Some people are just here to cause problems no matter what section of the forum they are on. Those people should be dealt with.

As far as people being meanie heads in general? I mean come on, lets get over ourselves here a bit. I can tell someone I think they're an idiot for the shit they are saying and not let that cloud my judgement of them as a person or think they or me need to be kicked out of the community.

SashaFierce
08-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Scroll up. I posted the rules of the forum.

[10:58 PM] Whirlin: Rules are placeholders
[10:58 PM] Whirlin: Literally just copy/pasted from the first TOS we found
[10:58 PM] lodestonecowboy: Again, what do the rules prevent you from doing that you'd like to do?
[10:59 PM] Drauz: Was it a feminist website you found them on?

Methais
08-07-2017, 11:39 PM
You are literally creating a new forum instead of just getting your own official forums out of 1992.

This is pretty hilarious.

Fixed.

EDIT: Holy shit the safe space forums are ugly as fuck it reminds me of when I first started playing GS with the plain white background before I knew Wizard FE existed.

Whirlin
08-07-2017, 11:40 PM
You really should step down. Douche move on your part.
How? Where did my duties of deleting spam and double checking on new accounts posting high end items fail?

That's all I'm moderator of. You're confusing me with an administrator.

Taernath
08-07-2017, 11:40 PM
I reallyer doubt it's good news though.

You registered in 2016 so maybe you don't know, but there were boards before the PC, and boards that came after which are now gone. The reason the PC was created was to get away from GM and nanny-state moderation, and I don't see that niche being supplanted by the new ones.

peam
08-07-2017, 11:42 PM
I made a post a couple of years ago that I still stand by. I have no problem with actual trolls that add nothing to the forums being banned. For example, hello.

I know a lot of people like to point to ParkBandit as being a troll and needs to be banned, but he posts in other parts of the forum outside of the politics folder and brings value to the community in his own way. He also tends to make arguments in the politics folder. I know everyone is now like "Oh that's because he's a conservative like you!"

No. I think time4fun is useless in the politics folder but I recognize the value she brings to the PC outside of the politics folder.

Some people are just here to cause problems no matter what section of the forum they are on. Those people should be dealt with.

As far as people being meanie heads in general? I mean come on, lets get over ourselves here a bit. I can tell someone I think they're an idiot for the shit they are saying and not let that cloud my judgement of them as a person or think they or me need to be kicked out of the community.

Go suck a dick, faggot. Your rep is as small as your tiny, tiny penis that you wish was a vagina.It's Back! I thought I scared your cock-snorkling, masquarading like a little girl ass away! WELCOME BACK!! -PB
We get it. You're a homo.
How is the transgender surgery coming along?
Liberal cartoons are so boring because you faggots have no sense of humor.
holy flaming fuck you are queer
go suck a dick
speaking about fags and look what shows up
You and cwolff are both idiots and are probably the same queer person.
You are why people hate gays.
If Jesus was alive, I bet he would want to punch you right in the face. Repeatedly. Poor mistreated gays! Why don't you cry about it.
go choke on a dick.
go suck a cock
Remain calm, crazy fucknut. And you are wrong about people moving away from 2 dudes banging each other up the ass. It's fucking icky.
jesus isn't the only one who hates drama queers.
The fag doth protest too much.
go suck a dick faggot
I had hoped you were still in the hospital for rectal prolapse
go away fag
Your plate is IMAFAG
No one cares for your fag opinion.
Gay poster makes gay posts.
NHow fucking queer and dumb are you?
How did that Hope and Change work out for you? Even Obama thinks you are queer.
If I had to choose between being mentally retarded or a queer, I would pick mentally retarded. Being gay means the most you get is fucked up the ass and down the throat. At least with retard you get away with a ton of shit AND have retard strength
fag
It's a girl, faggot.
Be less queer in 2011
Dumb faggot
(Random picture calling me a faggot)
fag
The best way to prevent getting HIV is not to share needles with your gay pals and stop sticking your unprotected little dick up another man's asshole.
Selling all of your shemale gear?
Awww.. someone got all buttsore I outted all his other accounts. It's pretty easy at this point.. considering you are as transparent as a piece of glass. Don't cry too hard It.. you still have www.fagswhochokeoncocks.com to roleplay as a girl on.
LOL, You are just as bad as PB. Maybe you should go find another cock to stick in your ass though, I'm pretty sure he's not a faggot like you are. (I laughed at this one being PB. Hypocrisy, ho!)
I think you took that last cock a little too deep.. you now seem to be suffering from greasy anal discharge. STFU already.
It's Back! I thought I scared your cock-snorkling, masquarading like a little girl ass away! WELCOME BACK!! -PB

You're deluded.

Methais
08-07-2017, 11:45 PM

See? There really is a silver lining to everything.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 11:48 PM
See? There really is a silver lining to everything.

Except Peam won't go away.

Fortybox
08-07-2017, 11:52 PM
How? Where did my duties of deleting spam and double checking on new accounts posting high end items fail?

Because we need a moderator that will be focused on these boards. Please step down.

Whirlin
08-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Because we need a moderator that will be focused on these boards. Please step down.

That was never my voted responsibility. But your tears are delicious.

Taernath
08-07-2017, 11:56 PM

Aren't you a supermod?

Viekn
08-07-2017, 11:58 PM
Yeah, Whirlin is a POS.

Any credibility you had ended with that sentence. I don't always agree with him, but if there's anything he's not, it's a piece of shit.

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Any credibility you had ended with that sentence. I don't always agree with him, but if there's anything he's not, it's a piece of shit.

We don't need someone playing Game of Thrones on forum boards.

Methais
08-08-2017, 12:01 AM
I don't really see what the big deal is. The safe space forums will eventually become just like the officials and people will get tired of all the moderation and either quit forums altogether or end up back here. Wyrom posting here was cool but I honestly can't think of anything positive (or negative) that happened in game as a result of any communications on here with him.

I hope they plan to at least pretty it up some though if they plan to really do something with it. It looks like trash right now, even moreso than the officials. I'm not sure how something like that happens by accident but yeah.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Go suck a dick, faggot. Your rep is as small as your tiny, tiny penis that you wish was a vagina.It's Back! I thought I scared your cock-snorkling, masquarading like a little girl ass away! WELCOME BACK!! -PB
We get it. You're a homo.
How is the transgender surgery coming along?
Liberal cartoons are so boring because you faggots have no sense of humor.
holy flaming fuck you are queer
go suck a dick
speaking about fags and look what shows up
You and cwolff are both idiots and are probably the same queer person.
You are why people hate gays.
If Jesus was alive, I bet he would want to punch you right in the face. Repeatedly. Poor mistreated gays! Why don't you cry about it.
go choke on a dick.
go suck a cock
Remain calm, crazy fucknut. And you are wrong about people moving away from 2 dudes banging each other up the ass. It's fucking icky.
jesus isn't the only one who hates drama queers.
The fag doth protest too much.
go suck a dick faggot
I had hoped you were still in the hospital for rectal prolapse
go away fag
Your plate is IMAFAG
No one cares for your fag opinion.
Gay poster makes gay posts.
NHow fucking queer and dumb are you?
How did that Hope and Change work out for you? Even Obama thinks you are queer.
If I had to choose between being mentally retarded or a queer, I would pick mentally retarded. Being gay means the most you get is fucked up the ass and down the throat. At least with retard you get away with a ton of shit AND have retard strength
fag
It's a girl, faggot.
Be less queer in 2011
Dumb faggot
(Random picture calling me a faggot)
fag
The best way to prevent getting HIV is not to share needles with your gay pals and stop sticking your unprotected little dick up another man's asshole.
Selling all of your shemale gear?
Awww.. someone got all buttsore I outted all his other accounts. It's pretty easy at this point.. considering you are as transparent as a piece of glass. Don't cry too hard It.. you still have www.fagswhochokeoncocks.com to roleplay as a girl on.
LOL, You are just as bad as PB. Maybe you should go find another cock to stick in your ass though, I'm pretty sure he's not a faggot like you are. (I laughed at this one being PB. Hypocrisy, ho!)
I think you took that last cock a little too deep.. you now seem to be suffering from greasy anal discharge. STFU already.
It's Back! I thought I scared your cock-snorkling, masquarading like a little girl ass away! WELCOME BACK!! -PB

You're deluded.

Oh wahh!! Poor wittle peam!

TURRISTS lol scared ass bitch - Luntz
cause he's a faggot while you're a dumb faggot - Luntz
choke on a dick - Luntz
shut up faggot - Luntz
same tired dumbass shit - Luntz
who gives a shit about DF on cloth/leather, those are paper anyways, dumb analysis try again - Luntz
sincerely hope a cop shoots you in your dumb face - Luntz
dumbass bitch - Luntz
faggot - Luntz
shut up gaylord - Luntz
too bad they didn't mistake you for a shithead racist, might be more on point you ignorant fuck - Luntz
eat a dick - Luntz
eat a big black dick you melanin lacking small penis packin piece of shit - Luntz
shut up you ignorant cunt face - Luntz
shithead racist moron willing to believe anything to justify your idiocy - Luntz
comments like this show your biased mindset better then anything you can articulate - Luntz
yea why would a neo-nazi backed junta ever lie about anything durr im a fuckin brainwashed idiot durrrrr - Luntz
no one cares dumbass - Luntz

This shit been going on for 3 years. Notice he actually wished death upon me in there? But I find Luntz's shenanigans funny. I certainly don't go crying for a safe space.

Methais
08-08-2017, 12:05 AM
shut up gaylord - Luntz

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/Meet_the_Parents_grace.JPG

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 12:06 AM

choke on a dick - Luntz
shut up faggot - Luntz
who gives a shit about DF on cloth/leather, those are paper anyways, dumb analysis try again - Luntz
dumbass bitch - Luntz
faggot - Luntz
shut up gaylord - Luntz
too bad they didn't mistake you for a shithead racist, might be more on point you ignorant fuck - Luntz
eat a dick - Luntz
eat a big black dick you melanin lacking small penis packin piece of shit - Luntz
shithead racist moron willing to believe anything to justify your idiocy - Luntz
comments like this show your biased mindset better then anything you can articulate - Luntz
yea why would a neo-nazi backed junta ever lie about anything durr im a fuckin brainwashed idiot durrrrr - Luntz

This shit been going on for 3 years. Notice he actually wished death upon me in there? But I find Luntz's shenanigans funny. I certainly don't go crying for a safe space.

I kek'd

Methais
08-08-2017, 12:08 AM

choke on a dick - Luntz
shut up faggot - Luntz
dumbass bitch - Luntz
faggot - Luntz
shut up gaylord - Luntz
eat a dick - Luntz

http://i.imgur.com/H37cVAb.png

drauz
08-08-2017, 12:10 AM
Here is my biggest problem. I know its been said a few times here, but these forums look terrible. You can't see what sub section has been posted in from the "main page". Just that something in that section has been posted in. The forums should have been cleaned up and brought to what you wanted it to be before you tried to push people over there.

In its current state I would rather post on the officials than that forum and I'm not using hyperbole.

Candor
08-08-2017, 12:12 AM
I certainly don't go crying for a safe space.

One of the reasons people are moving to the other board is to get away from the immature idiots around here. It's not that they need to go crying to a safe space - it's just that this sort of crap gets really old after awhile.

Fallen
08-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Here is my biggest problem. I know its been said a few times here, but these forums look terrible. You can't see what sub section has been posted in from the "main page". Just that something in that section has been posted in. The forums should have been cleaned up and brought to what you wanted it to be before you tried to push people over there.

In its current state I would rather post on the officials than that forum and I'm not using hyperbole.

I agree I don't like the way the main page is laid out. I've taken to using the "recent posts" button instead.

Tenlaar
08-08-2017, 12:16 AM

To be fair, you are an incredibly vitriolic person who routinely goes far beyond just telling someone you think they're an idiot. You are the personification of what people mean when they talk about how nasty people are in the politics folder. So yeah, of course YOU don't think it's that bad, because everybody else looks pretty good compared to you.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 12:18 AM
To be fair, you are an incredibly vitriolic person who routinely goes far beyond just telling someone you think they're an idiot. You are the personification of what people mean when they talk about how nasty people are in the politics folder. So yeah, of course YOU don't think it's that bad, because everybody else looks pretty good compared to you.

Stop being such a rapist.

Also don't act like your shit don't stink.

Despite assurances from Latrinsorm that state otherwise, time4fun routinely calls me a racist and sexist and I don't think she needs to be banned either. Or is calling someone a racist and sexist not that big of a deal to you?

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 12:23 AM
One of the reasons people are moving to the other board is to get away from the immature idiots around here. It's not that they need to go crying to a safe space - it's just that this sort of crap gets really old after awhile.

That's the definition of a safe space.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 12:23 AM

Shit, look at all of the rep I just posted from Luntz, including his wish of me dying, and I don't think HE needs to be banned either. And he acts the same way on these forums (in posts, not just in reps) and on LNet. And I still don't think he needs to be banned.

Oh but wait! Let me guess! I'm still worse than he is, right? Maybe your own feelings have been hurt too much and you're letting it cloud your judgement.

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Maybe hello will move over there.

The new forum needs cancer.

Luntz
08-08-2017, 12:25 AM

choke on a dick - Luntz
shut up faggot - Luntz
dumbass bitch - Luntz
faggot - Luntz
shut up gaylord - Luntz
eat a dick - Luntz

hell yea this shit owns

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 12:25 AM
hell yea this shit owns

Time to ban Luntz.

poison_Owns
08-08-2017, 12:30 AM
hell yea this shit owns

Impressive collection you've got there.

Gizmo
08-08-2017, 12:32 AM

No. Now the control freaks of the PC can be more controlling on their new forums.

A lot of people will agree with me on that end of things I'm sure.

subzero
08-08-2017, 12:40 AM
http://www.ideadigezt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Salt-014-1024x614.jpg
https://www.fitzeefoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/salt_blog-1.jpg
https://www.mitsui.com/au/en/group/__icsFiles/artimage/2016/01/22/dae_5/1216815_9223_picture.jpg

Daaaamn! Peam supports cocaine, crack, and red rock!

subzero
08-08-2017, 12:45 AM

It's super important.

The end is nigh!

you can't hear it, but I'm laughing right now.

Astray
08-08-2017, 12:55 AM
Whatever.

I see this scenario going two ways.

1) The new forums fails.

2) The new forum succeeds and it takes shit posters in and quickly cannibalizes anyone with different viewpoints till it quickly becomes an echo chamber.

Either way, the PC survives. This literally means nothing and has an effect on nothing.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 12:59 AM

I like to click the RECENT link to see what's been posted, and where.

subzero
08-08-2017, 01:01 AM
I don't really see what the big deal is. The safe space forums will eventually become just like the officials and people will get tired of all the moderation and either quit forums altogether or end up back here.

I don't get it either. Who cares? Let'em play bubble-boy over there if they want.

Androidpk
08-08-2017, 01:01 AM
I don't get it either. Who cares? Let'em play bubble-boy over there if they want.

Astray
08-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Agreed. They already have insane stalker ass Alastir. Shit will implode in a week.

So here's the thing. I have nothing against Alastir but his previous bout with Moderation proved to be extremely heavy handed. It didn't work partly because people were so diligent to keep tabs on him. For their own amusement. Now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish him all the luck in the world but again, his moderation needs work.

Do I believe the place will implode? No. It's proven to be a decent place for information. Do I believe that eventually that place will become a place that is near empty? Yes. It'll be a catalog of information, surely. But that's all it will amount to.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Whatever.

1) The new forums fails.

2) The new forum succeeds and it takes shit posters in and quickly cannibalizes anyone with different viewpoints till it quickly becomes an echo chamber.

Either way, the PC survives. This literally means nothing and has an effect on nothing.

Pretty much. I guess risking tearing this community apart is worth having more control over what people post.

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Whatever.

1) The new forums fails.

What I find interesting about this whole thing, this time (as opposed to the other failed forum attempts), is since Wyrom can't fix his own stupid forum he decides to get political and involved with it. Rather than actually dealing with player's feedback he is now advocating for a forum that will essentially shut that up.

And then on top of it, we have a supermod also playing politics now too. Despite the douchebag moves this IS entertaining. Gemstone IV needs more drama.

Astray
08-08-2017, 01:05 AM
Pretty much. I guess risking tearing this community apart is worth having more control over what people post.

That's an exaggeration. There's no real proof that Alastir was tearing the community apart. His moderation was heavy handed and a bit personal, that's all. Literally. That's all. And again, everyone dog-piled him into submission and nothing was destroyed.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 01:06 AM
So here's the thing. I have nothing against Alastir but his previous bout with Moderation proved to be extremely heavy handed. It didn't work partly because people were so diligent to keep tabs on him. For their own amusement. Now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish him all the luck in the world but again, his moderation needs work.

Do I believe the place will implode? No. It's proven to be a decent place for information. Do I believe that eventually that place will become a place that is near empty? Yes. It'll be a catalog of information, surely. But that's all it will amount to.

You should probably read this Introduction post where it talks about the forum leadership.

I'm not a moderator or part of the forum leadership.

Viekn
08-08-2017, 01:06 AM
That's the definition of a safe space.

That's incorrect. A safe space is someplace you go when you feel threatened by the opinions of others. Candor didn't say anything about feeling "threatened" by others. His reasons were "immature idiots" and that they're "crap gets old". I haven't yet joined or posted on the new forums. I'm not triggered or emotionally offended by anything posted on these forums. I just dislike the fact that for a forum that's meant to be an alternative to the GS officials, 90% of what's posted here on these forums is non-GS related.

subzero
08-08-2017, 01:07 AM

Listen... people love looking at train wrecks and car accidents. Howard Stern said that people that hate him listen longer on average than people that like him and his show. That shit over there will get really dull, really fast. They'll be back. It's in our nature.

Astray
08-08-2017, 01:07 AM
You should probably read this Introduction post where it talks about the forum leadership.

So why was the conclusion that you are involved drawn? Help me, explain.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:08 AM
That's an exaggeration. There's no real proof that Alastir was tearing the community apart. His moderation was heavy handed and a bit personal, that's all. Literally. That's all. And again, everyone dog-piled him into submission and nothing was destroyed.

I don't mean Alastir in particular, although apparently I was wrong and he's not a mod over there.

I just mean the idea of coming to this community in an effort to drive people over to the other forum, and then to make the other forums seem more attractive Wyrom has already stated he will be posting exclusively over there now and if everyone there plays nice he'll allow GMs to officially post over there too.

It honestly sounds like it's shaping up to replace the official forums without the need for Simu to create, maintain, or even moderate the forums.

SonoftheNorth
08-08-2017, 01:10 AM

Allegedly.

Astray
It honestly sounds like it's shaping up to replace the official forums without the need for Simu to create, maintain, or even moderate the forums.

Which is an oddity, considering that Simutronics is responsible for forums. Though I guess, to them, it makes sense to let someone else volunteer their time and services to their benefits.

Tgo01

That was my bad, it just seemed like he was a mod.

He had the same title as a mod over there but that's apparently not mod related.

He said Wyrom was going to move over there permanently before Wyrom even announced it, and Wyrom said he was in talks with Alastir about it.

Alastir made a comment about "we" discouraging linking to the PC on the new forums.

He has been the one advertising the new forums the most over here.

It all just sounded like Alastir was a mod over there.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:11 AM
Allegedly.

True. All we know is he's not "officially" a mod, but he's sort of acting like one.

subzero
08-08-2017, 01:15 AM
I just dislike the fact that for a forum that's meant to be an alternative to the GS officials, 90% of what's posted here on these forums is non-GS related.

I hate to repeat this since it's become somewhat trite at this point, but as we all know most of the people using this forum don't play the game anymore. These forums would be nothing but a merchant board if not for the non-GS stuff. I mean, it's not like Gemstone is getting monthly fucking patches or somethin and people need that info disseminated and theorycrafted and all that good stuff. Mechanics are in place. You want info on them, you can find it. There's not much need for a new discussion because it's all been hashed out already. People post the very rare game updates here and there tends to be some chatter about it, but at the end of the day there's only so much to be said.

What sort of Gemstone-related talk would you prefer to see over here aside from merchanting?

Methais
08-08-2017, 01:15 AM

So in other words they're moving to a safe space.

Methais
08-08-2017, 01:16 AM
Whatever.

1) The new forums fails.

^

subzero
08-08-2017, 01:17 AM
I don't mean Alastir in particular, although apparently I was wrong and he's not a mod over there.

I just mean the idea of coming to this community in an effort to drive people over to the other forum, and then to make the other forums seem more attractive Wyrom has already stated he will be posting exclusively over there now and if everyone there plays nice he'll allow GMs to officially post over there too.

They've always used slave labo... volunteers for the majority of stuff in the past, haven't they? Nothing new to see here!

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 01:25 AM
What I find interesting about this whole thing, this time (as opposed to the other failed forum attempts), is since Wyrom can't fix his own stupid forum he decides to get political and involved with it. Rather than actually dealing with player's feedback he is now advocating for a forum that will essentially shut that up.

And then on top of it, we have a supermod also playing politics now too. Despite the douchebag moves this IS entertaining. Gemstone IV needs more drama.

There hasn't been a single moderated post on the new forums. Nor is anyone advocating for a forum that will "shut up" any complaints about GS.

SonoftheNorth
08-08-2017, 01:26 AM
There hasn't been a single moderated post on the new forums.

Aren't there about 5 posts?

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 01:26 AM

You can have "Groups" over there - Like for your MHO's or CHE's and Tgo apparently thought one of the group names meant Moderator status, it does not. But I've left the group just to avoid any confusion during this transition.

drauz
08-08-2017, 01:29 AM
There hasn't been a single moderated post on the new forums. Nor is anyone advocating for a forum that will "shut up" any complaints about GS.

How do you know if you're not a moderator?

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:30 AM
You can have "Groups" over there - Like for your MHO's or CHE's and Tgo apparently thought one of the group names meant Moderator status, it does not. But I've left the group just to avoid any confusion during this transition.

That was just one of the many reasons why I thought you were a moderator, you saying shit like "during this transition" and "There hasn't been a single moderated post on the new forums." are the other reasons.

Astray

Fair enough. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

SonoftheNorth

Didn't you also hide your mod status here when people started complaining?

drauz
08-08-2017, 01:31 AM

Maybe get the visuals to not be worse than the officials. It looks terrible.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 01:35 AM
That was my bad, it just seemed like he was a mod.

He had the same title as a mod over there but that's apparently not mod related.

He said Wyrom was going to move over there permanently before Wyrom even announced it, and Wyrom said he was in talks with Alastir about it.

Alastir made a comment about "we" discouraging linking to the PC on the new forums.

He has been the one advertising the new forums the most over here.

It all just sounded like Alastir was a mod over there.

I had a "Group" title, which I've removed to avoid any confusion.

If you are part of the Discord channels, a lot of discussions take place there. I frequently talk to a lot of people and share information when and where I can.

My biggest reason for pushing the new forum is the NodeBB software. It offers a lot of benefits that VBulletin does not. Security being one of those. Remember how everyone was hacked recently and locked out of their accounts because Kranar is an absent administrator?

Also, active administrators that will actually do things, and stuff.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 01:38 AM

There are updates in the works from what I understand. They have the code, it's just a matter of putting it in.

I posted a "How to" change themes to see if you like the dark theme better.

https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/49/how-to-get-a-dark-theme-instead-of-the-white-theme

Androidpk
08-08-2017, 01:39 AM

Terrible is being lenient.

Methais
08-08-2017, 01:41 AM

Wrathbringer got moderated in like 5 minutes if we're being technical.

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 01:42 AM

For what? Emoting a hug?

Astray
08-08-2017, 01:43 AM
Terrible is being lenient.

It's definitely... bright.

SashaFierce

I mean, I don't know 100% that someone hasn't been moderated. But I haven't heard that anyone has, so until proven otherwise that's what I'm going to claim.

drauz
Something I just thought of, but if everyone moves to the new unofficials then expect more politics on LNET.

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 01:44 AM
Something I just thought of, but if everyone moves to the new unofficials then expect more politics on LNET.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ET3joD3mN6UEg/giphy.gif

Astray
08-08-2017, 01:47 AM

Please no. Fuck politics on LNET.

Tenlaar
08-08-2017, 01:50 AM
Oh but wait! Let me guess! I'm still worse than he is, right? Maybe your own feelings have been hurt too much and you're letting it cloud your judgement.

Maybe you need to grow up a little. I can't believe that we apparently need to go over this again, but other people doing something wrong doesn't make it okay for you to do something wrong. Take some responsibility for your own actions instead of always trying to point somewhere else.

Talk about distraction.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Maybe you need to grow up a little. I can't believe that we apparently need to go over this again, but other people doing something wrong doesn't make it okay for you to do something wrong. Take some responsibility for your own actions instead of always trying to point somewhere else.

Talk about distraction.

Maybe you should learn to read your own posts before hitting that reply button.

Take some responsibility for your own actions.

Talk about a distraction. Here let me help you figure this one out:

You literally just said I was the worst person on the boards. Not only that but you went one step further and said everybody else looks "pretty good" compared to me.

And you wonder why I often tell you to pull your head out of your fucking ass.

But in true Tenlaar fashion I'm sure you won't address this point and will keep on distracting.

BigWorm
08-08-2017, 01:59 AM
Yeah, Tgo01 is only one of the worst people, not the worst. Don't tarnish his sterling reputation or he might accuse you of being a child molester and shutdown Dreavenings.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 02:01 AM
Yeah, Tgo01 is only one of the worst people, not the worst. Don't tarnish his sterling reputation or he might accuse you of being a child molester and shutdown Dreavenings.

Speaking of people in desperate need of a safe space, surprised to still see you here.

Maybe I've been going about this all wrong. Maybe it would be awesome if all of the cry babies moved to the new forums.

Yeah, I'm embracing this shit! Yeah. YEAH. YEAH!

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 02:04 AM
LOL - someone made a profile named "Alastir Inspire."

Allereli
08-08-2017, 02:12 AM

pretty much shows exactly why new forums with active administrators and updated software may be needed and why people are willing to try it out.

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 02:16 AM
pretty much shows exactly why new forums with active administrators and updated software may be needed and why people are willing to try it out.

This is probably the only point I would agree on. Kranar sux.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 02:28 AM

I love it, they get to actually test the banning capabilities now.

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 02:33 AM

Why should they be banned?

Also, are the allegations true? Are you Inspire?

SonoftheNorth

That breaks the code of conduct? I didn't see anything about imitating other users in it but you should probably add that in.

drauz
Maybe you should learn to read your own posts before hitting that reply button.

Take some responsibility for your own actions.

Talk about a distraction. Here let me help you figure this one out:

You literally just said I was the worst person on the boards. Not only that but you went one step further and said everybody else looks "pretty good" compared to me.

And you wonder why I often tell you to pull your head out of your fucking ass.

But in true Tenlaar fashion I'm sure you won't address this point and will keep on distracting.

You just need to learn to

https://media.giphy.com/media/igR5863TALcSk/giphy.gif

rolfard
08-08-2017, 02:52 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/1tqvbf.jpg

subzero
08-08-2017, 02:57 AM

They'll never be able to ban someone that wants to be a pain. Best they can do is try to determine if an account is being made by a troublemaker and deny access (meaning registration needs admin approval) manually. Good luck with that.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 03:12 AM

Pretty sure Whirlin used his moderator access and posted who Inspire is.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 03:13 AM
They'll never be able to ban someone that wants to be a pain. Best they can do is try to determine if an account is being made by a troublemaker and deny access (meaning registration needs admin approval) manually. Good luck with that.

From what I understand, this software has much better tools to deal with tools. I guess we'll find out!

drauz
08-08-2017, 03:27 AM
From what I understand, this software has much better tools to deal with tools. I guess we'll find out!

Now if only they could separate sections with a line. Futuristic stuff, I know!

Ardwen
08-08-2017, 04:03 AM
Claimed my name there, all I intend to do, seriously ya can't deal with the trolls ignore them or block them, I am not moving.

Mogonis
08-08-2017, 04:04 AM
Claimed my name there, all I intend to do, seriously ya can't deal with the trolls ignore them or block them, I am not moving.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TP6lpTROwUs/TxQZNOcLEtI/AAAAAAAAAlg/gxxKYOaM6GA/s1600/grantorino20083.jpg

hello
08-08-2017, 04:10 AM

https://media.tenor.com/images/c80e2da00f5fb82d75b86aa6025c7180/tenor.gif
I've won... now go!

drauz
08-08-2017, 04:19 AM
I've won... now go!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/MmFVEhDzF0UUw/giphy.gif

Mogonis
08-08-2017, 04:21 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to drauz again.

hello
08-08-2017, 04:32 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/MmFVEhDzF0UUw/giphy.gif

I've killed an ancient 15 year old forum. Pray I don't follow you to the other...

drauz
08-08-2017, 04:44 AM
I've killed an ancient 15 year old forum. Pray I don't follow you to the other...

http://i.imgur.com/rJqzZu6.gif

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 05:46 AM

It's impossible to block them here. Plugin suggestions have been sent to Kranar that would allow people to block categories and people, but he has ignored them.

time4fun
08-08-2017, 06:46 AM

The new forum is really nice.

The kids won't come any closer to your lawn there, I promise!

drauz
08-08-2017, 06:49 AM

It has some potential with the features, but right now its putting a diamond ring on a turd and calling it fancy.

Neveragain
08-08-2017, 06:59 AM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/D32c8uxY8sw8M/200.webp#0-grid1

Neveragain
08-08-2017, 07:07 AM

The kids won't come any closer to your lawn there, I promise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Tz4Tp-Uj8

Neveragain
08-08-2017, 07:25 AM
It's impossible to block them here. Plugin suggestions have been sent to Kranar that would allow people to block categories and people, but he has ignored them.

http://i.imgur.com/imISYhY.gif

Back
08-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Amen.

hello
08-08-2017, 08:29 AM
For the love of the game, MODERATE the FUCK out of the new forums. Insta-ban for a misplaced comma. Seriously, run a tight ship and things won't degrade like this.

*And no fucking politics/offtopic folder.*

subzero
08-08-2017, 08:33 AM

Companies with a lot of money and incentive to keep unwanted people off of their free forums aren't able to do so (at least at the automated level). Think about it. How do you identify who is who so that you can prevent them from registering and posting on a forum? The only way you really have of doing that is limited due to its nature (IP) and I'd hope that we all know by now that IP bans won't work. I don't know what magic you think NodeBB holds, but good luck.

hello
08-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Companies with a lot of money and incentive to keep unwanted people off of their free forums aren't able to do so (at least at the automated level). Think about it. How do you identify who is who so that you can prevent them from registering and posting on a forum? The only way you really have of doing that is limited due to its nature (IP) and I'd hope that we all know by now that IP bans won't work. I don't know what magic you think NodeBB holds, but good luck.

Vouching method is probably best. Have a moderator on this forum meet with your character and make sure he/she can hold at least ora. The time it takes to level an f2p to 10 will deter a shit ton of alts and people not making serious accounts.

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 08:52 AM
That breaks the code of conduct? I didn't see anything about imitating other users in it but you should probably add that in.
Agreed. The TOS was quite literally a lift-drop on the one of the first google responses. We're not looking to moderate posts, but more step in when things get out of hand.

Now if only they could separate sections with a line. Futuristic stuff, I know!
Agreed. This was one UI that we selected called Sleek. Based on your input... I think you posted about 10 times with similar UI statements, we're looking at additional alternative UIs and defaults that may better fit your needs. It's super easy for us to spin up in the back end. Thank you for your commentary.

He is not inspire

This is absolutely true, however, I think you're greatly overestimating powers that moderator grants on this forum. The extent of any power I have on these forums is isolated to banning, temporary and permanent and lifting of bans on an individual useraccount basis. I have not once been able to implement an IP, MAC address, or any other type of ban in my current capacity on these forums. Furthermore, most fundamentally, there's no mechanisms for e-mail authentication for new accounts prior to posting. While I do like the bot capturing question of the company who created Gemstone, it's not enough to deter a malicious person. The intent is to make it easier for admins to identify and take action than it is for someone to change all the necessary settings to create a new account if they have been removed as being a troublemaker.

Gelston
08-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Vouching method is probably best. Have a moderator on this forum meet with your character and make sure he/she can hold at least ora. The time it takes to level an f2p to 10 will deter a shit ton of alts and people not making serious accounts.

Ora is level 5 you fucking non-playing fuck.

drauz
08-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Agreed. This was one UI that we selected called Sleek. Based on your input... I think you posted about 10 times with similar UI statements, we're looking at additional alternative UIs and defaults that may better fit your needs. It's super easy for us to spin up in the back end. Thank you for your commentary.

Repetition is the best way to get your point across and make it stick.

subzero
08-08-2017, 09:37 AM
This is absolutely true, however, I think you're greatly overestimating powers that moderator grants on this forum. The extent of any power I have on these forums is isolated to banning, temporary and permanent and lifting of bans on an individual useraccount basis. I have not once been able to implement an IP, MAC address, or any other type of ban in my current capacity on these forums.

I'm not talking about these forums. I've run forums before, though, so I have a general idea of who can do what. I say general because permissions can, to some extent, be changed by the admin depending on the software.

Furthermore, most fundamentally, there's no mechanisms for e-mail authentication for new accounts prior to posting. While I do like the bot capturing question of the company who created Gemstone, it's not enough to deter a malicious person. The intent is to make it easier for admins to identify and take action than it is for someone to change all the necessary settings to create a new account if they have been removed as being a troublemaker.

E-mail isn't much of a deterrent either. I guess if the person is really stupid about it they'll be easier to spot (they aren't always bright, trust me). MAC spoofing may be more effort than most are willing to deal with if you try that route.

It seems that some people are under the impression that bans are a simple, easy solution to troublemakers and that simply isn't true. At the end of the day, a dedicated pain in the ass will always find a way through and will still need to be zapped once he outs himself.

time4fun
08-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Let's just call a spade a spade here..

The people who are currently moaning about safe spaces aren't the people who're leaving and trying out the new forum. PC is the safe space for people like Wrath, PB, Forty, Neveragain, etc. It's this place where they can say those things that are in their ugly minds that they're too afraid to say in real life. It's the one place where they don't feel like they're the socially unacceptable minority- which is why they police this place with the desperation and toolkit of a teenage cyber bully.

They need this place.

So all of this talk about safe space is really about them being terrified everyone will leave, and that they'll lose theirs.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 09:44 AM

The people who are currently moaning about safe spaces aren't the people who're leaving and trying out the new forum. PC is the safe space for people like Wrath, PB, Forty, Neveragain, etc. It's this place where they can say those things that are in their ugly minds that they're too afraid to say in real life. It's the one place where they don't feel like they're the socially unacceptable minority- which is why they police this place with the desperation and toolkit of a teenage cyber bully.

They need this place.

So all of this talk about safe space is really about them being terrified everyone will leave, and that they'll lose theirs.

So the people saying things you don't want to hear are the ones who need a safe space? Now I really have heard it all.

subzero
08-08-2017, 09:45 AM

They need this place.

Who has "left" here? I imagine most of you aren't going to stop coming over here any more than you'd stop looking at a car wreck because you don't like to see blood, injury, etc.

So the people saying things you don't want to hear are the ones who need a safe space? Now I really have heard it all.

Yeah, you're safe from teh mods!

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm not talking about these forums. I've run forums before, though, so I have a general idea of who can do what. I say general because permissions can, to some extent, be changed by the admin depending on the software.

Agreed. None of which are permissions that anyone outside of Kranar has at the moment!

E-mail isn't much of a deterrent either. I guess if the person is really stupid about it they'll be easier to spot (they aren't always bright, trust me). MAC spoofing may be more effort than most are willing to deal with if you try that route.

It seems that some people are under the impression that bans are a simple, easy solution to troublemakers and that simply isn't true. At the end of the day, a dedicated pain in the ass will always find a way through and will still need to be zapped once he outs himself.
Absolutely agree. At this point, it's a matter of tools in a toolbox to help do a job in a more complete. I would consider what I have to be a bandaid to fix a shotgun shot to a boat in the middle of an ocean with a bunch of people saying the water level isn't rising! While I agree that you will never be able to get the hull back to 100%, you may be able to safely make it to land with all of the various tools available to you.

Menos
08-08-2017, 10:15 AM

I'm pretty confused by the choice. I figured he came to the PC because of how much traffic it gets in GS circles. It still seems to fit for those goals.

At any rate, now I'll have three forums to check for GS stuff.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty confused by the choice. I figured he came to the PC because of how much traffic it gets in GS circles. It still seems to fit for those goals.

Wyrom's goal seems to either be have everyone here move to the new forum where everyone can be moderated like they are on the officials, or he just wants a safe space to communicate with the players and the people on that forum (like SashaFierce has been doing so far) will relay the information over here.

So either way the information gets fed back to here for people who don't visit either the officials or the new forums.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 10:21 AM

At any rate, now I'll have three forums to check for GS stuff.

You also have to take into consideration how much joy certain people get by being assholes to other people on these forums. That's not a very good thing for someone who wants to build a positive gaming community. If you have thick-skin, you can handle it. But if you're the type of person who nopes out of frustrating/aggressive/confrontational situations...

Wyrom's goal seems to either be have everyone here move to the new forum where everyone can be moderated like they are on the officials, or he just wants a safe space to communicate with the players and the people on that forum (like SashaFierce has been doing so far) will relay the information over here.

So either way the information gets fed back to here for people who don't visit either the officials or the new forums.

You can keep claiming this, but it doesn't make it true. Is it funny that you're crying so much and so concerned about being moderated.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:25 AM
You can keep claiming this, but it doesn't make it true. Is it funny that you're crying so much and so concerned about being moderated.

I just call'em like I see'em. It's funny having you as the official spokesperson for the new forums by the way, someone who has been saltier than shit to anyone saying anything bad about your new forums. All too happy to be abusive over here while telling everyone how safe the new forum is. This is comedy gold.

SashaFierce
08-08-2017, 10:28 AM
I just call'em like I see'em. It's funny having you as the official spokesperson for the new forums by the way, someone who has been saltier than shit to anyone saying anything bad about your new forums. All too happy to be abusive over here while telling everyone how safe the new forum is. This is comedy gold.

Isn't the goal of these forums the right to say whatever you want? Again, why do you speak about wanting to avoid moderation and at the same time try to censor and moderate my posts?

Your posts are less call'em like I see'em and are more like I'm going to make a bunch of shit up to cause concern and hopefully keep my audience.

You are by far the biggest whiner about the new forum.

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 10:32 AM
He's not a spokesman. He's just an enthusiastic member. Which makes sense since he was so burned by these forums.

audioserf
08-08-2017, 10:36 AM
The irony of finally recognizing that the Officials are an outdated borderline un-useable mess and then proceeding to create a possibly worse format/UI "new" forum is just amazing.

hello
08-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Ora is level 5 you fucking non-playing fuck.

Whatever, kinda sad a grown man knows all this shit, sure I played like 15 years ago when I was a kid. See the difference? #SAD

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Isn't the goal of these forums the right to say whatever you want?

Yes, which is why I thought you were running away from these evil forums? Guess they aren't as bad as you are hyping them up to be.

Again, why do you speak about wanting to avoid moderation and at the same time try to censor and moderate my posts?

I don't want heavy handed moderation HERE, I don't give a shit about the new forum, which is why I'm not there.

You are by far the biggest whiner about the new forum.

You're right because I actually care about this community and it's shitty that Wyrom is complicit in trying to destroy it and our only mod is helping to destroy it too. If it weren't for those two facts I wouldn't give two shits about the new forum. But again it does say a lot about the new forums that the spokesperson (ie you) once tried to actively destroy this community too for your own gains. So there is that.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:45 AM
He's not a spokesman. He's just an enthusiastic member. Which makes sense since he was so burned by these forums.

If by "burned" you mean weaseled his way to a mod position then proceeded to abuse those powers beyond all measure then, yeah, he sure was "burned."

poison_Owns
08-08-2017, 10:47 AM
I think it's kind of interesting they stole their code of conduct from a feminist blog site:

https://geekfeminism.org/about/code-of-conduct/

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:52 AM
I think it's kind of interesting they stole their code of conduct from a feminist blog site:

https://geekfeminism.org/about/code-of-conduct/

Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion

I was wondering why this was in their code of conduct, I seriously pictured some sort of far left/feminist site using this as their rules.

It also explains this bit:

If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the Geek Feminism Anti-Abuse Team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Geek Feminism spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other GF members or the general public.

If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the The Landing admins may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all The Landing spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other The Landing community members or the general public.

That's typical naming and shamming behavior of far leftist websites. Bravo for that one, guys! You are officially taking your queues from hate groups that engage in doxing and publicly shaming behavior! Oh but the PC is so horrible and bad!

peam
08-08-2017, 10:54 AM
I was wondering why this was in their code of conduct, I seriously pictured some sort of far left/feminist site using this as their rules.

It also explains this bit:

That's typical naming and shamming behavior of far leftist websites. Bravo for that one, guys! You are officially taking your queues from hate groups that engage in doxing and publicly shaming behavior! Oh but the PC is so horrible and bad!

lol

QQ

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:55 AM
lol

QQ

Careful you don't say this on the new forums! You'll be doxed and publicly shamed!

peam
08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Careful you don't say this on the new forums! You'll be doxed and publicly shamed!

QQ

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
QQ

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!

poison_Owns
08-08-2017, 10:57 AM
I won't be transitioning to the new Orwellian forum.

peam
08-08-2017, 10:57 AM
HELP! HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!

Cry more, Dreaven.

God, you're such a pussy.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Cry more, Dreaven.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR! IMMA START MY OWN FORUM! WITH BLACKJACK! AND LOTS OF RULES! YOU KNOW WHAT? FORGET THE BLACKJACK!

peam
08-08-2017, 11:00 AM
THIS IS SO UNFAIR! IMMA START MY OWN FORUM! WITH BLACKJACK! AND LOTS OF RULES! YOU KNOW WHAT? FORGET THE BLACKJACK!

:'(

Wrathbringer
08-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Cry more, Dreaven.

Hey, he's transgender, give him a break.

0zymandius
08-08-2017, 11:04 AM
You're right because I actually care about this community and it's shitty that Wyrom is complicit in trying to destroy it and our only mod is helping to destroy it too.

I'm genuinely hoping I can comment here without igniting another branch of the neverending flame wars(tm).

The PC is, as you yourself have stated (and I'm paraphrasing), a mostly lawless environment. We have an inattentive admin, and a single mod with very limited powers/authority. The forum is, to varying degrees based on your personal viewpoint, a cesspool. Personal attacks are rampant, many people appear to find it hilarious to fling personal or offensive attacks around, and there's a glut of admitted trolls clogging things up. You, yourself, appear to actively (and occasionally gleefully) despise some of the other regular posters here, and enjoy engaging in long-running feuds with them where insults are hurled back and forth ad nauseum. The interface is flawed, as the option to ignore the area where most of that sort of behavior goes on is not offered, despite a fairly large call for it (including from said mod).

Given all those things, I can certainly see Wyrom not wanting to post here, as his presence would draw eyes to this forum by association if nothing else. And to a new (or young) player, this forum would present almost exactly the wrong image for GS as a whole. Therefore, it only makes sense that he'd be willing to pursue his stated goals of being more accessible in an arena that doesn't shine a negative light on the product he's in charge of maintaining/growing. I feel it's disingenuous to portray him as being 'complicit in trying to destroy it'.

The PC has its place, and its fans. Clearly you are one of them. It will continue on, as it has for many years, but it will do so without Wyrom's presence. Luckily, it survived and thrived for a great many years without any official presence (thus: "The unofficials").

hello
08-08-2017, 11:09 AM
I'm genuinely hoping I can comment here without igniting another branch of the neverending flame wars(tm).

The PC is, as you yourself have stated (and I'm paraphrasing), a mostly lawless environment. We have an inattentive admin, and a single mod with very limited powers/authority. The forum is, to varying degrees based on your personal viewpoint, a cesspool. Personal attacks are rampant, many people appear to find it hilarious to fling personal or offensive attacks around, and there's a glut of admitted trolls clogging things up. You, yourself, appear to actively (and occasionally gleefully) despise some of the other regular posters here, and enjoy engaging in long-running feuds with them where insults are hurled back and forth ad nauseum. The interface is flawed, as the option to ignore the area where most of that sort of behavior goes on is not offered, despite a fairly large call for it (including from said mod).

Given all those things, I can certainly see Wyrom not wanting to post here, as his presence would draw eyes to this forum by association if nothing else. And to a new (or young) player, this forum would present almost exactly the wrong image for GS as a whole. Therefore, it only makes sense that he'd be willing to pursue his stated goals of being more accessible in an arena that doesn't shine a negative light on the product he's in charge of maintaining/growing. I feel it's disingenuous to portray him as being 'complicit in trying to destroy it'.

The PC has its place, and its fans. Clearly you are one of them. It will continue on, as it has for many years, but it will do so without Wyrom's presence. Luckily, it survived and thrived for a great many years without any official presence (thus: "The unofficials").

I can smell the pussy through my screen but...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Billy-D_Approves.gif

Gizmo
08-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Cry more, Dreaven.

Don't say that, you may make him quit again for the 5th time and make a huge post about it

Taernath
08-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Don't say that, you may make him quit again for the 5th time and make a huge post about it

Someone give Tgo a consensual *back rub*, quick!

Fortybox
08-08-2017, 11:26 AM
I find it ironic that those who are complaining about the PC are still posting here. PC isn't going away and this whole new forum stuff is only going to facilitate GM communication.

It's an acknowledgement by Wyrom/Simu that their forum and forms of communication completely sucks. Worse yet, it's an acknowledgement that they aren't looking to fix their dysfunction.

poison_Owns
08-08-2017, 11:32 AM

It's unfortunate you see the PC as a cesspool, but if you're someone looking for a forum where your kids can post and be involved, there's always the official forums, and now this new location.

Part of the reason this forum here was created was because people didn't want their posts deleted, and now some people are choosing to embrace a forum where posts are going to be more closely moderated and possibly deleted (more will be revealed).

As a side note: As long as PC continues on, whether he posts or not, Wyrom will maintain a presence here. Personally I don't feel like he's really added anything to this forum by being here, but regardless of how engaging he wants to be with players here he needs to check the pulse of the community. Official announcements are done on the homepage play.net anyway. If "community engagement" looks anything like the round table at SimuCon, I'll pass. It was a whole lot of "yeah maybes" and defensiveness.

I'm not really interested in Official Boards 2.0. If I wanted more of the officials, I'd go there.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 11:36 AM
You, yourself, appear to actively (and occasionally gleefully) despise some of the other regular posters here, and enjoy engaging in long-running feuds with them where insults are hurled back and forth ad nauseum.

I don't "despise" anyone here, okay I "despise" one person.

And yeah, I have "long-running feuds" with people, almost exclusively in the politics folder. So what?

Some people are passionate about their politics. The wrong way to go about that is open people up to extreme trolling then the person who responds with an unkind word is the one who gets banned. That's what I hate about places with heavy handed moderation, all in the name of being "civil."

Telling someone to be "civil" is just a vague term designed to control someone's speech. It opens the place up to one sided censorship.

Parkbandit
08-08-2017, 11:38 AM

No one here is "terrified" you are leaving.

No one will even notice.

Parkbandit
08-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Cry more, Dreaven.

That's hilarious, coming from you.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Thread: Wyrom Announcement:

*back rub* (non-consensual) - Taernath

I am literally being raped in my reps! Taernath needs to be banned!

Parkbandit
08-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Perhaps Whirlin should resign from Moderator on this forum. Clearly it's a conflict of interest.

peam
08-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Perhaps Whirlin should resign from Moderator on this forum. Clearly it's a conflict of interest.

W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-hirlin has a c-c-c-c-c-onflict of interest!!! OH NOES! ORDER AND QUORUM IS NOW NEEDED.

Fuck off, you deluded, withered cunt.

poison_Owns
08-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Is Whirlin a part of the other forum's Abuse Team?

Parkbandit
08-08-2017, 11:47 AM
W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-hirlin has a c-c-c-c-c-onflict of interest!!! OH NOES! ORDER AND QUORUM IS NOW NEEDED.

Get it all out of your system here. This type of harassment will NOT be tolerated on our new forums.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 11:47 AM

Is this the kind of person the new forums are attracting? Why would I go there when I can get plenty of that here?

Not looking like it's setting a very good example over there.

peam
08-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Is this the kind of person the new forums are attracting? Why would I go there when I can get plenty of that here?

P-p-p-p-peam's picking on my dad!!!

Parkbandit
08-08-2017, 11:49 AM

I couldn't agree more. We don't need people like that in our new forums.

Orthin
08-08-2017, 12:06 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about this forum as someone who has used it in one sense or the other over the last couple years when I have come on and off from the game. I can understand it to be a little cumbersome for a new person but honestly the forum has clearly established sub groups. This forum is a wealth of knowledge for folks who wish to learn about game mechanics for all those folders to peruse through it also offers the opportunity to look up upcoming events that are run by folks. The merchant folder has it's own subset of folks that literally only use the merchant folder. Then there is the personal aspect of the forum that has anything anyone may want to talk about (politics included). While I get most people view the recent activities thing, there is no mandate for anyone to view pages they do not wish to and it is very easy to avoid the flames. I tend to peek in on the politics but for the most part I am referencing whirlin guides or scouring the merchants folder. I get that folks don't want to have to even see a side scroll of "drama" but really most of the people in here are adults and should understand how to avoid things they do not wish to expose themselves to. If someone flames on you that is tough, but chances are if you do not engage them they will probably find a new person to flame on fairly quickly. People also get hung up on blurring the lines between the forum nonsense and peoples in game characters, that always bugged me too. I may hate a guy at work for his work ethic but I can separate that he may be a good person socially.

TLDR version
Don't expose yourself to subfolders if you don't want to deal with drama, you control your clicks.

Mogonis
08-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Dude! Paragraphs! Use them!

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Hey, Whirlin, just step down as moderator here already and ask Kranar to make me your replacement. Now that all of the whiners who didn't want me to be mod have their new safe space forum to flee to there shouldn't be any push back.

SonoftheNorth
08-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Make me a mod and I'll ban hello.

SonoftheNorth
08-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Then give the power back to you, the people.

Gelston
08-08-2017, 12:37 PM
0 mods. Thx.

Androidpk
08-08-2017, 12:38 PM

They need this place.

Considering yourself lumped in with the politics trolls, especially with the way you constantly harass and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you, you're just as bad.

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Hey, Whirlin, just step down as moderator here already and ask Kranar to make me your replacement. Now that all of the whiners who didn't want me to be mod have their new safe space forum to flee to there shouldn't be any push back.
I'm still looking for any justification. Merchant folders have been clean, and I haven't deleted any unnecessary posts since the first time when we had a discussion about it under forum concerns. Your calls for stepping down as moderator are as baseless as the left screaming to impeach Trump.

Gelston
08-08-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm still looking for any justification. Merchant folders have been clean, and I haven't deleted any unnecessary posts since the first time when we had a discussion about it under forum concerns. Your calls for stepping down as moderator are as baseless as the left screaming to impeach Trump.

Always gotta pull politics into it, huh?

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Always gotta pull politics into it, huh?
I figured it would be super relatable for him

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 12:59 PM

Because I think the PC deserves a mod who actually gives a shit about this community. It's clear you're ready to push everyone over to the new forums.

You're mod over there, I'll be mod over here. Why do you seem to have a problem with this?

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Because I think the PC deserves a mod who actually gives a shit about this community. It's clear you're ready to push everyone over to the new forums.

You're mod over there, I'll be mod over here. Why do you seem to have a problem with this?
When have I pushed people over there? Alastir has been doing all the pushing.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:00 PM
When have I pushed people over there? Alastir has been doing all the pushing.

Let's be honest for 2 seconds, Whirlin. If you had the power to move everyone to the new forum, would you?

We all know the answer.

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Let's be honest for 2 seconds, Whirlin. If you had the power to move everyone to the new forum, would you?

We all know the answer.
Absolutely not. Only GS related content. There's enough other discussions on here to have this other forum persist as is. They each have a need.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Absolutely not. Only GS related content. There's enough other discussions on here to have this other forum persist as is. They each have a need.

Oh so you would only move all GS related content over there and leave this just an off topic "cesspool" then? And of course a place for your "mature" posters to come and harass people when they get bored of the kid friendly bullshit on those forums?

Yeah, that's my point. Time for you to step down and allow someone who actually gives a shit about this community be a mod.

Whirlin
08-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Oh so you would only move all GS related content over there and leave this just an off topic "cesspool" then?

Yeah, that's my point. Time for you to step down and allow someone who actually gives a shit about this community be a mod.
Why? You're overstating moderator privileges. I cannot reform forums, I cannot change folder structure, all I can do is ban/unban. You're again confusing me with Kranar.

And, last I checked, it wasn't against TOS to have privileges in two forums.

Tisket
08-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Considering yourself lumped in with the politics trolls, especially with the way you constantly harass and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you, you're just as bad.

She's way more abusive than all the people she listed. Combined.

Stumplicker
08-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Oh so you would only move all GS related content over there and leave this just an off topic "cesspool" then?

You're right. Maybe that time a few weeks ago you flipped the fuck out on a guy in the politics folder here, then went in game, cancelled all Dreavenings, set up automated messages to call the guy a rapist and tell everyone to hate that guy because he got Dreavenings cancelled qualifies you to be a moderator here like you seem to constantly be requesting now.

You don't have any history at all of irrationally flying off the handle and using whatever tiny bits of power you can muster to try to force your drama into other people's faces.

I'd sooner make PB a mod here. At least he's consistently an asshole. You're a loose cannon and have recent historical precedent to show that you might just shut down the PC next time you had a disagreement about the civil war.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Why? You're overstating moderator privileges. I cannot reform forums, I cannot change folder structure, all I can do is ban/unban. You're again confusing me with Kranar.

And, last I checked, it wasn't against TOS to have privileges in two forums.

You just got done admitting you want to turn his place into an off topic forum only, a place where your other forum regulars can come to harass other people when they get bored.

You clearly don't give a shit about these forums.

I actually bowed out of the running for mod and recommended you because I care about these forums and some people were expressing angst at me becoming a mod. But now those people have your safe space forum where you are already a mod to turn to. So why not pretend you give a shit about this community and step down now and let someone who gives a shit about this community step in?

Androidpk
08-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Time for you to step down and allow someone who actually gives a shit about this community be a mod.

Yeah, Whirlin totally doesn't care about the community. :jerkit:

SonoftheNorth
Dreaven is cool and gives me DS.

Tgo01
You're right. Maybe that time a few weeks ago you flipped the fuck out on a guy in the politics folder here, then went in game, cancelled all Dreavenings, set up automated messages to call the guy a rapist and tell everyone to hate that guy because he got Dreavenings cancelled qualifies you to be a moderator here like you seem to constantly be requesting now.

Way to totally misrepresent what happened you fucking coward. Go crawl back to your safe space forums.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Yeah, Whirlin totally doesn't care about the community. :jerkit:

If he did he would be trying to save this forum instead of trying to move everyone to the new forum. He just got done admitting he wants this to be an off topic forum only.

Tisket
08-08-2017, 01:13 PM

I haven't read this whole thread but has it been confirmed?

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:13 PM
I haven't read this whole thread but has it been confirmed?

Yes.

Androidpk
08-08-2017, 01:14 PM
If he did he would be trying to save this forum instead of trying to move everyone to the new forum. He just got done admitting he wants this to be an off topic forum only.

So what do you propose, him step down and you step up? That would be the final nail in the coffin for the PC.

Parkbandit
08-08-2017, 01:14 PM
You don't really see a conflict of interest?

There is.

Do the right thing... and yes, it will give you less power and I know that is very hard for you to let go of.

SonoftheNorth
08-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Yes.

I don't blame Wyrom because here he has hello/macgyver giving misinformation and straight up lying about in game shit and it's very time consuming to follow him around and officially contradict everything he says.

Gelston
08-08-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't blame Wyrom because here he has hello/macgyver giving misinformation and straight up lying about in game shit and it's very time consuming to follow him around and officially contradict everything he says.

Who says he won't just go over there now too though? Macgyver was getting banned constantly here too, at one point.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:17 PM
So what do you propose, him step down and you step up? That would be the final nail in the coffin for the PC.

Please. A lot of people wanted me to be mod, the ones who didn't are the ones who have already fled to the new safe space forums and are the ones now actively saying I should not be mod again. Which speaks volumes by itself.

Androidpk
08-08-2017, 01:18 PM
There were far more people that were against you ever being a mod here. Deal with it.

Gelston
08-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Please. A lot of people wanted me to be mod, the ones who didn't are the ones who have already fled to the new safe space forums and are the ones now actively saying I should not be mod again. Which speaks volumes by itself.

I didn't want you to be a mod.

Tgo01
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
I didn't want you to be a mod.

Liar.

SonoftheNorth
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Who says he won't just go over there now too though? Macgyver was getting banned constantly here too, at one point.

Nothing but they can police him better than here. That is basically the only case I can see where those forums would be better. I won't be leaving here personally though because everyone over there will still be posting here(most of them in the politics folder) then slowly come back like every other time someone starts their own forum. Changing captains doesn't stop the titanic from sinking.