PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the game sale

Yulis
08-06-2017, 11:35 AM
All items that showed interest have been delivered to their new owners! Thank you everyone!

Item Number|Item Description|Item Properties|Current Bid
1.(Y)|an ancient glowbark runestaff|5x (+22), Earth Elemental Runestaff, one of 4 in the set from the 2006 EG auction|DELIVERED!
2.(Y)|a perfect steel-hilted gornar flamberge|6x (+30), +6% DF, +3 AvD, earth flares, lightened by 2 pounds, weighs 8lbs| pulled
3.(Y)|a dark vultite machete with a pearl-set pommel|5x (+25), plasma flares; 2016 EG T5 win| DELIVERED!
4.(Y)|a set of rolaren full plate with ebon wolf head pauldrons|4x (+20), max light @ 38lbs, +2 MOC ranks, +3 PF ranks, +4 STR bonus, +5 Health Recovery (no level restrictions), 2015 EG T5 win|DELIVERED!
5.(Y)|some ora-plated pyrothag hide brigandine|6x (+30), 25lbs|DELIVERED!
6.(Y)|a gorveneh potion x7| 5 pours per potion, pre-temper enchanting potion for earth/acid flares (7 full potions for 35 total pours)|DELIVERED!
7.(Y)|a rough brown wood ball|One of the original juggling balls from the Dhu Gillywack; TOSS, WAVE, SPIN, KICK, TWIST, PULL, COVER| DELIVERED!
8.(Y)|a perfect imflass warsword|4x (+17), +6% DF, +3 AvD|pulled
9.(Y)|a perfect imflass warsword|4x (+17), +6% DF, +3 AvD|pulled
10.(Y)|a pair of tattered cloth handwraps riddled with moth-eaten holes|Bazzelwyn casting gloves, unlocked, hand worn|DELIVERED!
11.(Y)|a pair of gold-runed silk casting gloves|Bazzelwyn casting gloves, unlocked, hand worn|pulled
12.(K)|a grey canvas mining pack| containing 196 various poison vials for a soon to be 5x vultite falcata (see below for full contents/info)|pulled
13.(Y)|a dreamstone studded bronze talisman| MR 913 (this spell is self cast ONLY and CANNOT be imbedded, RUB to activate, never used or recharged, neck worn|DELIVERED!
14.(Y)|a gleaming fishscale earcuff| +4 DEX (no level restriction), Persists, ear worn, lots of charges remaining, SHOW:Many small, nearly transparent fishscales are adhered to the surface of the earcuff. When turned this way and that in the light, the scintillating fishscales reflect bright, swirling, glimmering shades of emerald green, ultramarine blue, and royal purple.|DELIVERED!
15.(Y)|some Ebon Gate prize tickets|It is worth 50332 tickets (these will convert to General Tickets once you REDEEM them)|SOLD on BO Offer & DELIVERED!

Item 12, pack contents and falcata info:
>inventory hands full
You are currently carrying:
a grey canvas mining pack
a gold-swirled scarlet phial
a shiny platinum vial
a shiny platinum vial
a shiny platinum vial
a shiny platinum vial
a shiny platinum vial
a shiny platinum vial
a shiny platinum vial
a matte cloudy grey ampule
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a jet skull-painted vial
a bright pink heart-shaped flask
a deep violet crystalline flask
a pale lemon-hued vial
a slender brass vial

(197 items displayed.)
Link to poison info post: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?106760-Poisons-for-sale-in-the-Landing-Park

a sweeping jagged vultite falcata (On step 4 of 5 - cast in approx 5 days (8/13), item will be finished right around 8/20/17)
POUR your poison (vial/flask/etc) on the falcata
All doses from the vial/flask/etc collects into the stud and the poison container is automatically discarded
TOUCH FALCATA to coat the weapon in poison. Each dose (TOUCH) provides I think somewhere between 20-25 flares. So a 10 dose vial should give you a total of 200-250 flares.
LOOK at FALCATA to see if it is covered in poison
MEASURE FALCATA to see how many doses remain in it

BigPun
08-06-2017, 11:52 AM
mb 3 and 5

hello
08-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Save an item or two, I have a feeling you'll be back... you just never know when the nostalgia hits again.

Lilynn
08-06-2017, 01:04 PM
2.2 mil on #5 please

Wrathbringer
08-06-2017, 01:21 PM
mb on 6 please.

Yulis
08-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Save an item or two, I have a feeling you'll be back... you just never know when the nostalgia hits again.

Not this time. I've always kept that runestaff for just that reason, I'd be coming back. I'm not. I don't wish to continue to support the game anymore with the direction it's headed. I would however like to allow people to have a chance at a few "key" items I have in my possession before my accounts close. I know a lot of items tend to go with their owners and a lot of the time it's without anyone actually realizing the person has left. I'd like to offer those that still enjoy the game for what it is a chance to have these items.

I had a good run with Gemstone III and IV since I started back in August of 1994, but it's time for me to finally say good-bye and remember the game as how I enjoyed it and I'd rather not stick around to see how it turns out.

Yulis
08-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Item #1 is sold on a very generous offer. Here's hoping it finds a good home after being in my possession for so many years.

hello
08-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Not this time. I've always kept that runestaff for just that reason, I'd be coming back. I'm not. I don't wish to continue to support the game anymore with the direction it's headed. I would however like to allow people to have a chance at a few "key" items I have in my possession before my accounts close. I know a lot of items tend to go with their owners and a lot of the time it's without anyone actually realizing the person has left. I'd like to offer those that still enjoy the game for what it is a chance to have these items.

I had a good run with Gemstone III and IV since I started back in August of 1994, but it's time for me to finally say good-bye and remember the game as how I enjoyed it and I'd rather not stick around to see how it turns out.

Whoa hold on there, back up, what is it exactly that you have problem with in regards to the direction of the game?

Yulis
08-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Whoa hold on there, back up, what is it exactly that you have problem with in regards to the direction of the game?

I voiced my thoughts on the main forums, you can read it there if you so desire, link is below:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Discussions%20with%20Simutronics/The%20Bad,%20and%20the%20Ugly%20(general%20complai nts)/view/15545

I choose to no longer support the game for what it has become. People leave the game for their own reasons. I had a lot of in-game friends that stopped playing on the shift from GSIII to GSIV and they never came back. I watched a few people I knew of in game, but didn't play much with that left with growing pains and nerfs over all the years. The last info about turning the last pay event into a nickle and dime cash grab was it for me. To each their own.

Crash187
08-06-2017, 02:38 PM

after seeing his reply... He's in for a shock, that's the only way most games survive these days.

Fortybox
08-06-2017, 02:43 PM
I voiced my thoughts on the main forums, you can read it there if you so desire, link is below:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Discussions%20with%20Simutronics/The%20Bad,%20and%20the%20Ugly%20(general%20complai nts)/view/15545

I choose to no longer support the game for what it has become. People leave the game for their own reasons. I had a lot of in-game friends that stopped playing on the shift from GSIII to GSIV and they never came back. I watched a few people I knew of in game, but didn't play much with that left with growing pains and nerfs over all the years. The last info about turning the last pay event into a nickle and dime cash grab was it for me. To each their own.

Drama queen.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/AL1yzYEYuPKPC/giphy.gif

Crash187
08-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Drama queen.

I can see his point. A lot of games have had to go the micro transaction model though so it's no surprise. I'll pay my sub fees until I get what I want out of this game and most likely I'll be gone again. There's one specific reason I rejoined and between the game and here it's helping tons.

BigPun
08-06-2017, 02:49 PM
2.5m on 5

Lilynn
08-06-2017, 03:09 PM
3 mil on 5 please

hello
08-06-2017, 04:28 PM
<puts serious hat on>

This is really a message to you Drumpel but I'm publicly writing it because after reading the official boards there seems to be more than a few who share our concerns.

Although I don't blame Wyrom on this business decision for the direction of the game, after all I had no allusions to the fact that he would be shedding any quaint romanticisim for his (former) hobby and be strictly focused on extracting as much money from the playerbase as possible (as he should being an employee of Simutronics), I really didn't see this level of aggressive profiteering.

As to reasons, there is indeed a portion of the playerbase that are for the lack of a better word... addicts. But it's more complicated than that. Let me try to explain since this may help you either to transition out of the game or maybe stick around for a little while longer (big maybe):

A.) The RL to Silvers market, it's quite large in Gemstone but it's benign relative to between players. It is not benign on relation of player to Simutronics. The reason for this is for every dollar spent by a player to purchase an in-game item from another player is failure by Simutronics to capture that portion of a player's willingness to spend money on the game. That is to say, if a player spent $500 to purchase some silvers or an in-game weapon or whatever, that is 500 dollars that a player is willing to spend on his hobby but that is not going to Simutronics but rather another player. Which leads to B.)

B.) That 500$ (presumably) is still circulating in "hobby world". That is to say that person who just sold those silvers is not completely removed from the idea of "re-investing" that money back into the game by buying another in-game item or paying Simutronics for an event for a chance to get another in-game item. I'm sure that many of these sellers do end up removing the money from the game completely spending it on RL stuff or what have you but I would imagine it's not the majority. This all leads to C.)

C.) Simutronics isn't stupid and realizes that there is all this extra cash running around not only from in-game silvers/item sales by player2player but "potential spending" by their players that has yet to be realized(outside money that would be spent by their players given the right product offering). In order to best extract this deluge of money things like RNG "slot machine" games like DR, Doll House, and now EG unfortunately (or fortunately if you are Simu) is going to be the absolute best way short of Simu outright selling 10x gear and silvers in their SIMUSTORE.

Drumpel, personally, I have long ago come to accept this as a fact of life BUT I still continue to play because things like gear and power acquisition isn't too high up on my priorities list. Basically, it's what you make of the game and really all depends on how you want to play. Understandably, power acquisition is a BIG part of a lot of people's motives for playing but as an old established player you have alternatives (aka you join the silver sellers and fund your hobby that way). In the end though, that's not what I'm really worried about, at least, personally.

What I'm truly, truly, worried about, and this may sound very cynical (but hey it's called Capitalism), is that Simutronics has some 'event horizon' timetable for the game's conclusion in mind. Simply put, they have a general idea when they're going to say "this just isn't going to last beyond X time" and are actively trying to "milk" the game's playerbase before X time comes up. NOW, I know how that sounds, and I know DOOOOOM! has been called many times before, but, even like the boy who cried wolf at some point everything eventually comes to pass. I HOPE that is not the case and that this is just a benign "holy shit there is so much money these people are willing to spend" cash grab, but in a game where you can literally invest DECADES of time (like yourself) long-term thinking becomes mandatory.

Anyhow, Drumpel (is that your character in-game?), keep in touch, roll up a few f2p accounts and just hang around. If you still don't like the direction of the game you'll find yourself drifting apart naturally, else some changes may come around that may once again bring you back to Elanthia! Don't be a stranger.

Crash187
08-06-2017, 05:24 PM
What I'm truly, truly, worried about, and this may sound very cynical (but hey it's called Capitalism), is that Simutronics has some 'event horizon' timetable for the game's conclusion in mind. Simply put, they have a general idea when they're going to say "this just isn't going to last beyond X time" and are actively trying to "milk" the game's playerbase before X time comes up. NOW, I know how that sounds, and I know DOOOOOM! has been called many times before, but, even like the boy who cried wolf at some point everything eventually comes to pass. I HOPE that is not the case and that this is just a benign "holy shit there is so much money these people are willing to spend" cash grab, but in a game where you can literally invest DECADES of time (like yourself) long-term thinking becomes mandatory.

Most online games pretty much have a micro transaction model these days. WoW, Diablo, SWTOR,etc. It's the current successful model where idiots are willing to micro 1s, 5, 10s etc instead of a lump 100. This will be a continuing trend until pretty much society realizes it doesn't need the best right now. Silvers/characters/etc have been traded for well over 10 years without this model being implemented. I don't see a doom, and no offense whoever playes dreaven, but if you have a fella paying for 5-10 accounts(never did the math on what it would take for a dreavening) there's no real need to go to that model since they have income from other sources.

hello
08-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Most online games pretty much have a micro transaction model these days. WoW, Diablo, SWTOR,etc. It's the current successful model where idiots are willing to micro 1s, 5, 10s etc instead of a lump 100. This will be a continuing trend until pretty much society realizes it doesn't need the best right now. Silvers/characters/etc have been traded for well over 10 years without this model being implemented. I don't see a doom, and no offense whoever playes dreaven, but if you have a fella paying for 5-10 accounts(never did the math on what it would take for a dreavening) there's no real need to go to that model since they have income from other sources.

Yes but it's either or. They go full microtrans and make the game truly free to access or they go sub. Simu is doing both and on top of all that a sub provides you with one character and further on top of all that a premium tier of a whopping 40 bucks a month that still puts large swathes of the game behind a microtrans paywall. (aka all the events).

Again, the only reason why people put up with this is there's been this mountain of in-game for dollars "washed" money that's been piled up since that one guy spent 5,000 dollars on a in-game weapon back in 1995. I don't blame Simu for finally raiding said mountain of in-game washed RL dollars but I also don't blame people like Drumpel who are just honest to goodness monthly CC accessing the game. People like him are indirectly supporting silver sellers and Simu; it's completely understandable why he would be pissed.

Yulis
08-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Added 50k EG Prize tickets to the auction. I'm not entirely sure how much function these tickets will see in the future (they'll be General Tickets once someone REDEEMs them), but hey, maybe someone wants them or they can hold them and maybe they'll be worth a lot more than I'm selling them for???

Anyhow, Drumpel (is that your character in-game?), keep in touch, roll up a few f2p accounts and just hang around. If you still don't like the direction of the game you'll find yourself drifting apart naturally, else some changes may come around that may once again bring you back to Elanthia! Don't be a stranger.

No, Drumpel isn't my character name in game (I don't even remember where I got the idea to use it as an account name it's been so long....maybe I had a character named Drumpel years back??? I forget now.). I understand the business side of it. Even as just a bystander at all these events where you pay for digging or orbs (what have you) and then get crummy RNG chances at an item are big money draws to the company. You'd see people post complaints about dropping hundreds or at times thousands and get nothing good in return, I have no intention of supporting this trend with a paid subscription or through micro-transactions. Unfortunately it appears that every unique event now falls into that category of being tied to SimuCoins.

Years past I fought to have breakage brought back, it would be a good way to help drain in game silvers and provide some better balance for the in game economy - so many people fought against me and the handful of others that want it. I had unique items I wouldn't want to break, but if everything was handled properly, a broken unique item could be replaced by another unique item for a similar cost. Eventually Wyrom posted breakage was off the table and not happening. I accepted this and moved on.

Once breakage was off the table, it became painfully clear Simu has zero intentions to fix in game economy and solely focus on real money fast grab transactions. I personally thought this wouldn't come 100% until 2018 or by some stroke of luck, 2019. EG was the remaining event that still allowed silvers to be used as a normal function in game (outside of buying a ticket for access) where you could play games, dig and visit shops. You could spend your whole in game bank account and not drain your actual real life money in your wallet. Once EG made the shift, that's where I drew the line - it just happened a bit faster than I thought it would.

I don't like the idea of the F2P. Too many restrictions and I won't nickel and dime myself for small add-ons here and there. I'm quitting cold turkey. It's the best way I handle things. I appreciate your posting and understanding (even if some don't agree with me), but everyone has a turning point where something in their life is no longer enjoyable so they move on. This just happens to be my turning point with GSIV.

Jymamon
08-06-2017, 07:53 PM
6 - 2 million

Ltlprprincess
08-06-2017, 08:04 PM
3 mil 6
MB 13

Jymamon
08-07-2017, 04:46 PM
6 - 3.5M

Yulis
08-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Drop MB on items that haven't seen any love yet. Don't let these items leave the lands with me when I go! Hell of a deal on some of these, especially the 6x perfect gornar flamberge!

Allereli
08-08-2017, 06:11 PM
6m #15

leifastagsweed
08-08-2017, 07:10 PM
MB on #7 please

Ranger8999
08-08-2017, 08:28 PM
MB on 14