PDA

View Full Version : Poker NEWS for silvers too!

gemwiz
01-11-2005, 10:46 PM
This is for those of you who are playing at partypoker under the "eagle" bonus code, or those who want to.

We are almost at 100 members- will be within a week. At that point I will be hosting 4 free tournaments, winner will get 5m silver. Also, new members signing up using "eagle" bonus are getting 30% plus seven free rolls on first deposit.

A number of us gemstone players are on and playing regurarly in a game for silvers. Also, some of you old-timers if your still tied to the "eagle" bonus it will let you enter the locked room "EAGLE" once a week. Check it out- free play. 1m silvers awarded per week for winner. Normally 6-8 of us play

Wezas
01-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Can someone please delete the other 3 (or more, I haven't looked around) copies of this same exact post by this poster in the other folders?

Or, if you're feeling saucy, feel free to delete this one as well.

gemwiz
01-11-2005, 11:22 PM
I posted in 3 others. Why not get the word out? Its a nice friendly message for those interested. Everyone playing has a good time. If you not interested, the subject says it all- just bypass it :)

Fengus
01-12-2005, 02:17 AM
One problem, while I was able to recognize that you were in fact speaking english, thats about it.

gemwiz
01-12-2005, 07:37 AM
If referring to me, when you go to partypoker.com and open an account (for play or real) they ask a bonus code. It puts you in a group- many gemstone players have been using the bonus code "eagle" . We have a regular game going. You get some fairly nice bonuses with it too. Was basically just an invite for more players into our group:)

Parkbandit
01-12-2005, 08:14 AM
If I was still playing.. I'd take all your money as I have done OH so many times in the past.

Sente
01-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Please delete them all. Violation of TOS.

For those that don't understand the affliate system, EAGLE is an affliliate code. For each person that registers under the code, the affliliate get paid a certain amount of money. I don't know exactly how many $ per sign-up.

While it is cool that he is giving some of his profit back, the intent is still to make money. This falls under Unauthorized Advertising (spam).

Please ignore this post if special permission has been granted or part of the profits shared with the forum owners/administrators or the advertising have been paid for or anything else that would make this Authorized.

Parkbandit
01-12-2005, 12:43 PM
pwned

gemwiz
01-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Actually its both, but in this case its the PLAYERS who get the benefits which is why the code is so good. But its simple- if you want to play---play. If you dont, dont. We have a nice friendly game going with all gemstone people. Its been going for almost 6 months now. If you enjoy both, you might as well play with people who enjoy both and get a bonus while at it. Message is to bring in more of our gemstone community into a friendly game. The silvers is just a nice enticement we give away so everyone makes out and its related to both. I play both at same time quite frequently. We even had one 10m silver donated tournament about a month ago. Plan another one for end of month.

Fengus
01-12-2005, 03:03 PM
I figured it had to be a scam, since you can barely put words together and/or form coherent thoughts.

gemwiz
01-12-2005, 03:09 PM
If you are talking to me, I wrote and explained in English. Sorry if somehow this was unclear to you.

Wezas
01-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by gemwiz
If you are talking to me, I wrote and explained in English. Sorry if somehow this was unclear to you.

Originally posted by gemwiz
A number of us gemstone players are on and playing regurarly in a game for silvers. Also, some of you old-timers if your still tied to the "eagle" bonus it will let you enter the locked room "EAGLE" once a week (run-on much?). Check it out- free play. 1m silvers awarded per week for winner. Normally 6-8 of us play

Sente
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
It isn't a scam. It's a deal that works like this. Party Poker pays him when you sign up through his EAGLE code. When you do, you are eligible for a sign-up deposit bonus which entails depositing money and playing a certain amount of hands of poker and you receive a bonus. Now everyone's codes have a sign-up bonus, it isn't unique to EAGLE.

He is offering part of his profits back to the people who sign up through his code via freerolls game for silvers. Most affliliates don't even do that, they keep 100% of the money. It might a good deal for a Gemstone player who is a casual poker player. Serious poker players would look for better deals that suit their needs. I don't begrudge him the right to make a profit from this. He is offering poker games (entertainment and fun) for free silver and costs you nothing to play. The money comes out of the amount that Party Poker pays him for signing up new players. (I signed up for Party Poker before he came along, so I'm not part of his game. So I cannot say if he has or has not paid out silver on his games before. You'll need other people to attest to his credibility on that score.)

The issue here is spam and advertising. We all know that it is wrong to spam message boards with advertisements (with the intent to make a profit) without permission or paying for it.

If he obtains permission (or pays for the right) to advertize his code and his poker games, then there is no problem. It can't be that hard to send a U2U. :lol:

[Edited on 1-12-2005 by Sente]

01-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Sente looks like MOD material.

Sente
01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
It is a reflex action. I participate in poker message boards. This kinds of stuff happens ALL the time there. Tons and tons of afflialites are spamming their codes all over the Internet.

01-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Good info to know in case I ever decide to let myself go a little wild and use the internet to... GAMBLE!