PDA

View Full Version : Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE

Kithus
07-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE

Welcome to Gemstone IV Plaitnum HARDCORE. This contest started out as a personal challenge that garnered enough interest to bring others on board. The basic essence of the contest is simple. You make a new character, in Gemstone IV Platinum, and if the character dies, you are out. With that basic premise out of the way we will get into the various rules that need to be put into place to ensure a fair competition. Please keep in mind that this contest is run primarily on an honor system and we are trusting participants to follow the rules.

Contest Rules:

1. All participates, upon creation, must be posted in the Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE thread. This includes name, race and profession. They must be created after July 17th, 2017.

2. Upon death you should submit a post to the thread informing the community of the character’s death and immediately delete the character. Inventory may be transferred to a non-HARDCORE character prior to deletion.

3. HARDCORE characters must be self-spelled. This means no outside spells, aside from group spells, may be used. Spells the character can activate themselves from Magic Items or Scrolls are permitted.

4. Items and silver may not be obtained from other characters. This means nothing may be received from another character or player shop. All silver and inventory must be earned by the HARDCORE character. NPC shop purchases are permitted. Items the HARDCORE character obtained from a merchant, including raffles and merchant services, are permitted.

5. Items from a grand auction, Platinum monthly raffle, Duskruin, Delirium Manor or other “pay to play” or “1 win per account” sources are not permitted. Items from Reim are permitted but only from your daily free Reim run.

6. No outside services from OTHER CHARACTERS are allowed. This includes:

a. Mass spells
b. Healing
c. Locksmithing
d. Armor skills
e. Blessing
f. Enchanting/Ensorcelling/Elemental Resistance
g. Artisan Skills

7. Deaths resulting from PvP, direct GameMaster action, or GAME WIDE outage are exempt. Also any death that is a required part of a task that may or may not exist for a specific society is exempt.

8. Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE characters cannot use any item purchased with Simucoins. Similar items found normally are allowed.

9. Your level information in your PROFILE should be toggled on.

Rewards:

The biggest reward is the honor and prestige from your fellow Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE players. That said, to make it interesting, I will be offering the following prizes to participants:

1. Upon reaching level 20 a Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE character can show their Lord/Lady title to Brinret for a 1 million silver reward payable to a non-HARDCORE character or their choice.

2. Upon reaching level 40 a Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE character can show their Great Lord/Lady title to Brinret for a 5 million silver reward payable to a non-HARDCORE character or their choice.

3. Upon reaching level 70 a Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE character can show their High Lord/Lady title to Brinret for a 10 million silver reward payable to a non-HARDCORE character or their choice.

4. Upon reaching level 100 a Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE character can show their Grand Lord/Lady title to Brinret for their choice from an AUCTION QUALITY prize chest for a non-HARDCORE character. Additionally the HARDCORE character is now exempt from deletion on death.

Wrathbringer
07-19-2017, 11:59 AM
This will be fun if you can get all four players in plat to participate.

Dintarl
07-19-2017, 12:05 PM
Up from one?! We're making a dent!

Also:

Name: Nah
Race: Halfling
Profession: Cleric

Gizmo
07-19-2017, 12:06 PM
Hi, Player 2 of 4 here!

Name: Clopper
Race: Burgahls!
Profession: Paladin

Kithus
07-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Name: Starc
Profession: Paladin

Gelston
07-19-2017, 12:20 PM
I'd do it, but I'm sure the name Sean Bean is already taken.

Wyrom
07-19-2017, 12:21 PM
I'd do it, but I'm sure the name Sean Bean is already taken.

Seanbean IS an available name.

Ltlprprincess
07-19-2017, 12:23 PM
This looks interesting. Too bad it's happening in plat.

Gelston
07-19-2017, 12:24 PM
Seanbean IS an available name.

NOT ANYMORE IT ISN'T.. I'll step into plat for 2 seconds and get badnamed immediately, lol.

Taernath
07-19-2017, 12:41 PM
NOT ANYMORE IT ISN'T.. I'll step into plat for 2 seconds and get badnamed immediately, lol.

Seamuslegume

Astray
07-19-2017, 12:45 PM
lolplat.jpg

hello
07-19-2017, 12:48 PM
The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20. If you somehow make it to 20 without any outside spells and deathless... you are BOSS. 100... yeah right.

Suggestion: Change it to more than 1 death per level and you're out. Also... if a GM can be semi-involved with this; he or she can act as referee and maintain the "out list" since a GM can see how many deaths you have at the current level.

Gelston
07-19-2017, 01:06 PM
The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20. If you somehow make it to 20 without any outside spells and deathless... you are BOSS. 100... yeah right.

Suggestion: Change it to more than 1 death per level and you're out. Also... if a GM can be semi-involved with this; he or she can act as referee and maintain the "out list" since a GM can see how many deaths you have at the current level.

Stop trying to create rules for a player created thing. If anyone has any call on anything it is Keith, since he is putting up the prizes.

LivderaDeralleur
07-19-2017, 01:22 PM
... darnit all. As if Plat weren't already dragging me away from Prime. Haha.

Seriously considering trying this. Will ponder on a race/profession and debate whether I should go for it after I'm done work. I kind of like having my single character focus I've had on Plat so far, though.

Might do a Sorcerer. I had the best luck with that profession in Prime as far as no-deaths go (L26-L27, no deaths so far - still has her free deed from the sprite quest.) But that was with a Wizard spellup available.

Candor
07-19-2017, 01:32 PM
The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20.

Well let's just change the death mechanics because you think it's stupid.

Or...we could just laugh at you...

Wrathbringer
07-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Well let's just change the death mechanics because you think it's stupid.

Or...we could just laugh at you...

we, huh? Got a mouse in your pocket?

Astray
07-19-2017, 01:42 PM
Perma-death is one of those mechanics that is fun to talk and joke about but it's bullshit in a subscription capacity. Trying to stay relevant in the most inane and unintuitive way(s). Par the course for Simu.

Kithus
07-19-2017, 01:48 PM
Alright first off, this is just a fun challenge I've been considering a while. Other people in Plat decided to get involved as well when I started talking about it. I am putting up some prizes just for fun. This is not officially sanctioned in any way. If you don't think it's interesting then please do not feel you have to participate. Otherwise everyone is welcome!

Astray
07-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Oooooh. That makes it... slightly... less awful.

Fallen
07-19-2017, 02:04 PM
Very cool. I need to roll up some newbies for testing purposes. May jump in this at some point. Is there a suspense date on this challenge?

Kithus
07-19-2017, 02:54 PM
At this point it is open ended.

Gizmo
07-19-2017, 03:39 PM
... darnit all. As if Plat weren't already dragging me away from Prime. Haha.

Seriously considering trying this. Will ponder on a race/profession and debate whether I should go for it after I'm done work. I kind of like having my single character focus I've had on Plat so far, though.

Might do a Sorcerer. I had the best luck with that profession in Prime as far as no-deaths go (L26-L27, no deaths so far - still has her free deed from the sprite quest.) But that was with a Wizard spellup available.

Right now the 4 of us are doing it.

2 Paladins, a Cleric and I think a Bard.

I imagine it may be a bit tougher for you but I also don't know how tough it is already with you and your hurdles playing.

Just the other day I was asking where you've been, and someone told me you won the Bard raffle, and I was like oh yay!

Back
07-19-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm interested! I'll look into whether I can swing a Plat account or not. Been wanting to try it for a while now. This may be the inspiration that will do it.

The death mechanics in GS are too easy now with death salves and priestess potions. The biggest penalty to me currently is just the amount of time from depart confirm to full spellup which is minimal.

WRoss
07-19-2017, 03:44 PM
I just started one in prime. Do I get a consolation prize?

Katii
Sylvan
Wizard

hello
07-19-2017, 05:01 PM

I imagine it may be a bit tougher for you but I also don't know how tough it is already with you and your hurdles playing.

Just the other day I was asking where you've been, and someone told me you won the Bard raffle, and I was like oh yay!

lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die... you guys do realize that without outside spells and limitations on gear that certain classes (namely the ones you listed) wil have an enormous advantage over say a warrior especially at the lower levels.

It's stupid this way, someone getting to even level 40 with no outside spells and off the shelf gear as a warrior vs. a cleric or paladin is night and day. Like one person trying to win a marathon with a ball & chain shackled to him... it just plain doesn't make sense.

Overall though it's a solid contest and something I'm keenly interested in, it just needs to be fleshed out better to have any kind of longevity.

Gizmo
07-19-2017, 05:03 PM
lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die... you guys do realize that without outside spells and limitations on gear that certain classes (namely the ones you listed) wil have an enormous advantage over say a warrior especially at the lower levels.

It's stupid this way, someone getting to even level 40 with no outside spells and off the shelf gear as a warrior vs. a cleric or paladin is night and day. Like one person trying to win a marathon with a ball & chain shackled to him... it just plain doesn't make sense.

Overall though it's a solid contest and something I'm keenly interested in, it just needs to be fleshed out better to have any kind of longevity.

Hi, I'm a contradicting retard with no life..

lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die

Maerit
07-19-2017, 05:05 PM
I recommend educating players on mechanics to avoid being "buffed" or healed by other players without permission. Sometimes you walk into a room injured, and some empath decides to heal you - out of your control. Clearly there are demeanor controls or some such to avoid this. I'm not sure how to prevent someone spamming disks on everyone in the room, or what have you, to prevent a rule violation without intent.

Gizmo
07-19-2017, 05:07 PM
I recommend educating players on mechanics to avoid being "buffed" or healed by other players without permission. Sometimes you walk into a room injured, and some empath decides to heal you - out of your control. Clearly there are demeanor controls or some such to avoid this. I'm not sure how to prevent someone spamming disks on everyone in the room, or what have you, to prevent a rule violation without intent.

The majority of us in Plat, are aware of those people doing the HC thing.

Granted it's obviously a plus since the population is smaller and we all chat amongst one another, those of us who are doing it are pretty well versed in setting demanors for professions etc so we don't accidentally get healed by someone or such...But in Plat stuff like that typically doesn't happen as it easily does in prime

hello
07-19-2017, 05:10 PM
Hi, I'm a contradicting retard with no life..

lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die

Hi, I'm a kid that has a (good) idea but whips up planning and execution in 5 minutes without any kind of debate or peer review. I think I know everything and this 5 minute initial plan for a multi-year multi-layered event with several people involved is going to be perfect ,the end, period, fuck you haterz kthx bye.

LivderaDeralleur
07-19-2017, 05:11 PM

Yup! Work's just been extra hectic the last week, so I haven't had as much time to be around as of late. But I made a point of being around for the sonic raffle. (Though I won't get to play around with the thing until next level, sadly. I'm still sticking it out with the TWC. I'm yet undecided if I want to cave and switch to OHB/shield. I like having 2 swings in 5 seconds.)

Re: having troubles with the challenge.

Don't think it'd be too bad, as long as I don't pick a class that's too squishy and don't go for an off the wall build like I did with my Bard.

The only thing I'm unsure on is having to delete the character if I die. Though I understand that sort of adds a bit of adrenaline/risk to the whole thing.

Gizmo
07-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Hi, I'm a kid that has a (good) idea but whips up planning and execution in 5 minutes without any kind of debate or peer review. I think I know everything and this 5 minute initial plan for a multi-year multi-layered event with several people involved is going to be perfect ,the end, period, fuck you haterz kthx bye.

You realize, those who signed on to it, are the ones who reviewed and debated the rules, right?

The above is what we all agreed on.

Sorry if it doesnt fit your idea...But you aren't involved anyways so why does it matter?

Gizmo
07-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Yup! Work's just been extra hectic the last week, so I haven't had as much time to be around as of late. But I made a point of being around for the sonic raffle. (Though I won't get to play around with the thing until next level, sadly. I'm still sticking it out with the TWC. I'm yet undecided if I want to cave and switch to OHB/shield. I like having 2 swings in 5 seconds.)

Re: having troubles with the challenge.

Don't think it'd be too bad, as long as I don't pick a class that's too squishy and don't go for an off the wall build like I did with my Bard.

The only thing I'm unsure on is having to delete the character if I die. Though I understand that sort of adds a bit of adrenaline/risk to the whole thing.

The only notion why we would rather have them deleted is because it would be odd seeing said character walk around the town still after they "died".

Gear wise, we allowed it to be passed onto a Non-HC character so the gear wouldn't just up and poof too. And most of us don't think we'll make it super far, but will be surprised if we do heh.

If you are having fun with how Bara is now, stick it out. Worst case scenario is you run into a roadblock and simply fixskills her

hello
07-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Why wouldn't I be involved? This is open for everybody isn't it; that's why you're posting here on the PC isn't it? What did I say? What were my words? I said it was a good idea but it could be better. Perhaps, not my ideas but currently for something that may last potentially for 6,7 years+ it just seems too "glued together". It could be improved.

Gizmo
07-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Why wouldn't I be involved? This is open for everybody isn't it; that's why you're posting here on the PC isn't it? What did I say? What were my words? I said it was a good idea but it could be better. Perhaps, not my ideas but currently for something that may last potentially for 6,7 years+ it just seems too "glued together". It could be improved.

Oh sorry, didn't know you played Plat.

LivderaDeralleur
07-19-2017, 06:29 PM
The only notion why we would rather have them deleted is because it would be odd seeing said character walk around the town still after they "died".

Gear wise, we allowed it to be passed onto a Non-HC character so the gear wouldn't just up and poof too. And most of us don't think we'll make it super far, but will be surprised if we do heh.

If you are having fun with how Bara is now, stick it out. Worst case scenario is you run into a roadblock and simply fixskills her

That's pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I'll keep going with it and if it becomes more frustrations than anything, I'll burn her FIXSKILLS.

Oh and re: the Hardcore challenge.

I'm in.

Name: Lucille
Profession :Sorcerer

Cause it's going to be amusing.

- Does buying from the pawnshop count as an NPC shop or does it all have to be ordered stuff from the weapon shop or off a cart?

Kithus
07-19-2017, 07:41 PM
Pawnshop is allowed. We're trusting people to not sell stuff to the pawn just to buy with their HC characters.

Hips
07-19-2017, 08:16 PM
I'm interested! I'll look into whether I can swing a Plat account or not. Been wanting to try it for a while now. This may be the inspiration that will do it.

Free month trial: https://www.play.net/gs4/platinum/trial.asp ;)

Dintarl
07-19-2017, 10:51 PM
I'll go ahead and do a second, because why not. Same account, just for when Nah is done with his Lumnis for the week.

Resel
Giantman
Ranger

Brad
07-20-2017, 03:53 AM
While Brinret's silvers are always tempting, I think the way to go is to hunt with a regular character alongside these to ensure none of the bad luck flows my way.

ZeP
07-20-2017, 04:51 AM
Too many BS deaths in GS though. Instead of hardcore its gonna turn into Gelcore, Wrathcore, or Tisket-core, where they evade any type of challenge to them.

drauz
07-20-2017, 05:06 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/TrDxCdtmdluP6/giphy.gif

Kithus
07-20-2017, 10:31 AM
In case anyone cares we made a wiki page:

https://gswiki.play.net/Platinum_HARDCORE#Characters

Latrinsorm
07-20-2017, 07:24 PM
I would never play permadeath in a remotely connected game, but hats off to those who want to take up the challenge. No help characters can be a really fun change of pace in hand me down games like ours.

Back
07-20-2017, 08:13 PM
I would never play permadeath in a remotely connected game, but hats off to those who want to take up the challenge. No help characters can be a really fun change of pace in hand me down games like ours.

There is a pass for disconnect deaths I believe.

It appeals to me because I do miss that sense of challenge. I've said before that with the death sting salves, priestess potions, and just how sting is set up in general with chrisms and all that, death isn't really an issue. I depart confirm every time because I don't want to even to wait for a raise when I can come back wound free, rub a salve, mana spellup, and be back hunting in a few mere minutes.

My approach to the HARDCORE challenge is to create a character with an RP goal in mind to achieve before it's eventual demise. Not that I don't care if it lives just mentally going into it knowing it will die and will cease to exist when it does.

All the rules about no outside help does not worry me at all. All my chars in prime have for the most part never sought outside spells or healing or lock picking. While I have used other chars on my prime account to twink gear and silvers not doing so in plat does not worry me because it's not all that hard to earn silver and you can easily get 4x geared up just from shops. That does not even include the pawn which I find great gear on in prime I can only imagine whats in plat.

Ososis
07-20-2017, 08:23 PM

My laptop will die unexpectedly, putting me at a few minutes sitting in a room unresponsive, which can get me killed in short order. My solution is to get on my phone and log into the play.net website (not fully into the game) and in the top right is a FULL LOGOUT button which will kick your toon from the game. You will get some enraged critters when you return if you had any targeting you when you logged, but that's usually not a problem unless I was on deaths door already. I am pretty sure this is an accepted technique as it really can only make a given situation worse (aside from standing around for 5 minutes)

Kiel
07-21-2017, 01:42 AM
The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20. If you somehow make it to 20 without any outside spells and deathless... you are BOSS. 100... yeah right..[/b]

It's not like anyone can force you to actually delete your character. Unless you do get that semi involved GM -
I think this is more of a way to try and get more people to come try out our happy plat-land. Once you get hooked, it's rather hard to leave.

Kiel

Kiel
07-21-2017, 01:47 AM
You should ban empaths from the contest Keith. Otherwise I can just sit in town and heal my way to level 100 without ever worrying about dying. I don't think Rusty has ever died and he's around 45th level or so.

Kiel

Kithus
07-21-2017, 07:48 AM
I've allowed empaths because there aren't a lot of people to legitimately heal in Plat. It would be against the spirit of the contest to repeatedly heal your own character(s) or have a friend get injured repeatedly. If someone feels the need to cheat like that then 1) I hope they don't get caught and 2) They have to live with the fact that they're a scum bag. This "contest" was originally just a personal challenge I'd made that people in chat got interested in when I discussed it. I'm not going to try to plug every little potential loophole. The #1 rule is we're working on an honor system. If you feel like what you're doing isn't in the spirit of the contest you probably shouldn't do it.

Kiel
07-21-2017, 05:15 PM
My only suggestion for a change would be to allow support from other HC players. This would open it up to be a little more social. As far as only 1 death goes. If thats the rule, then if I give it a try, I'll stick to it. I'd rather it be 1 death in 10 levels though. So if you die twice during any 10 levels, then it's game over.

I'm not sure I'll do it though. I like the concept, but I'd rather be able to interact with a few people. Though there are times when gemstone becomes my personal solo game.

Kiel

Kithus
07-22-2017, 12:07 AM
Two down today. Nah died to a frost giant trying to make a mad run from Icemule to the Landing. Indoli got careless and a flare from a dark vysan sealed his fate.

hello
07-22-2017, 08:14 AM
My only suggestion for a change would be to allow support from other HC players. This would open it up to be a little more social. As far as only 1 death goes. If thats the rule, then if I give it a try, I'll stick to it. I'd rather it be 1 death in 10 levels though. So if you die twice during any 10 levels, then it's game over.

I'm not sure I'll do it though. I like the concept, but I'd rather be able to interact with a few people. Though there are times when gemstone becomes my personal solo game.

Kiel

Die once only per title is also a good idea. So, creation to Lord, Lord to Great Lord etc. you can die once and still play but as soon as you die the second time you're going to be deleted by a GM during his next check cycle. This adds gravitas to the whole thing and some teeth, honor system is great and all but if Senior US Senators lie and cheat; not to mention POTUS a bunch of gamers trying to be "honest" is inane. Someone is not going to delete a 70th level character because of his "honor" especially when it's incredibly easy to get away with it.

But hey, up to you all on how you do this. Just re-iterating if you want something serious and not something that won't last even a couple months much less years; some adjusting is warranted imho.

Methais
07-22-2017, 10:07 AM
I predict people will be all about this until they actually die. Then they'll WHO and see if anyone's on that would notice they died and consider their options.

"I put too much into this to stop over one bullshit death that I had no control over! I think I was lagging too and lag deaths don't count!!!!!!!!!!!555"

Methais
07-22-2017, 10:10 AM

You should eat your own penis. Without chewing.

hello
07-22-2017, 11:10 AM
You should eat your own penis. Without chewing.

I know that's what you think about all day Methhead.

BriarFox
07-22-2017, 12:49 PM
When I saw this thread title, I was pretty sure I was going to be seeing an illicit cyber session. Much to my surprise, it's about not dying!

WRoss
07-22-2017, 08:23 PM
I bit the bullet and joined plat, just for this challenge

Quarav
Dwarf
Wizard

WRoss
07-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Can we have bards sing to items?

Kyra231
07-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Vise
Half-elf
Sorcerer

ZeP
07-23-2017, 04:11 AM
Gelcore. Soft. It will just be avoiding confrontations.

I nearly capped a support character in Real GS just hunting the super easy stuff that can't actually kill you. There's something at every level range. It was a profession with an alternate experience method though so I stopped hunting around mid 80's.

Kithus
07-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Yes getting a bard to loresing is fine, as is getting a warrior to assess. There's no real NPC way to accomplish those things and the only benefit you're receiving is information.

peam
07-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Whoever got killed by a death dirge should be ashamed of themselves.

Methais
07-23-2017, 03:58 PM
http://divorcedarling.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/redditasciiporn.jpg

Gizmo
07-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Whoever got killed by a death dirge should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, not sure how they did but they did!

That person in question is Doug. Poor old man Doug

Gizmo
07-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Can we have bards sing to items?

Yes, not sure if Keith answered already but that is one exception we are allowing to the whole Self-Spelled etc thing.

Bards singing to found items is acceptable

hello
07-23-2017, 04:14 PM
Whats to stop someone just healing to cap?

Gizmo
07-23-2017, 04:27 PM

Nothing. Other than the fact of abuse which would D/Q ya.

You could only heal yourself too at that and well, have fun doing that and all

WRoss
07-23-2017, 10:16 PM

Healing to cap in plat would take some time.

Kiel
07-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Getting to CAP in plat takes time, regardless of profession.

As for healing your way to cap. I think the rules stated you couldnt receive healing FROM anyone else. it didnt say you couldnt heal other people. And since it's the primary means of gaining XP as an empath, I think it's probably allowed.

You could probably get quite a few levels from the artisan skills as well. I know most of my characters have mastered fletching at one point or another. It used to be because I hate the first 20 levels. But now there is a lich script to get through those in Icemule, so even thats fairly well mitigated.

My only sadness is not being able to put to use all the stupid high end gear I've lockered over the years.

Is it acceptable to get NON-Functioning clothing (not containers) from Alts? I dont mind the hardcore idea, but I'd like to do it in style :)

Kiel

Methais
07-24-2017, 05:47 PM
I hope someone gets to 99 and then overheals and dies.

Kithus
07-24-2017, 05:58 PM
I'm going to say no to getting any gear for your HC from another character. I know what you're saying about wanting to do it in style but then it becomes a matter of defining exactly what is allowed. I'd rather just say nothing and leave it at that.

hello
07-24-2017, 06:22 PM
All I'm going to say about this all is...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SilkyCrazyLamprey-size_restricted.gif

WRoss
07-29-2017, 11:01 AM
You gesture at a pale crab.
You hurl a small surge of electricity at a pale crab!
AS: +75 vs DS: +29 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +24 = +105
... and hit for 1 point of damage!
Tiny sparks around neck. Pretty.
The electricity carries itself through a pale crab and surges through the water!

As the crackling energy strikes, you feel an agonizing sensation! The powerful current carries through the water surrounding you, blasting you with an intense shock!
... 15 points of damage!
Hard jolt contracts every muscle in your upper body.
You are stunned for 4 rounds!

That was a close death caused by myself.

Kithus
08-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Just a heads up. I'm moving the official thread for Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE over to the Elanthian Forums here:

https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/116/gemstone-iv-platinum-hardcore

Xuse
07-30-2018, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is still being considered. Regardless, I'm throwing my hat in as it provides an interesting, far-reaching, crazy difficult goal.

Rorik
Erithian Warrior

Fallen
08-02-2018, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure if this is still being considered. Regardless, I'm throwing my hat in as it provides an interesting, far-reaching, crazy difficult goal.

Rorik
Erithian Warrior

Best of luck to you. I'll add Rorik to the roster.

FYI, the Official GS Discord has a HARDCORE channel where most of the conversation takes places these days: https://discordapp.com/channels/226045346399256576/388430597200019463

Whoops! I noticed this was for the PLAT version of the HARDCORE challenge. If you get the chance, please let me know which game instance you intended to join.

Xuse
08-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Best of luck to you. I'll add Rorik to the roster.

FYI, the Official GS Discord has a HARDCORE channel where most of the conversation takes places these days: https://discordapp.com/channels/226045346399256576/388430597200019463

Whoops! I noticed this was for the PLAT version of the HARDCORE challenge. If you get the chance, please let me know which game instance you intended to join.

This was intended this for the plat version.

Xuse
08-04-2018, 06:59 PM
Rorik is dead. Lvl 6, killed by a mountain cat. RIP! Deleting him...