PDA

View Full Version : Selling ALL my gear i been collecting fer las 13 years , town by town

Hoodtralfeck
07-17-2017, 10:10 PM
TBU

peam
07-17-2017, 10:17 PM
I've already told you this on LNet, but just to reiterate: this is stupid as fuck.

You can't afford to go to Simucon. Pay your fines.

Methais
07-17-2017, 10:20 PM
I tried to find a bard fo over a week and no luck , so selling entire locker in bulk . I need silvers fer the Simucon auction , and after that ill need real life money to

bond myself out of jail for the ticket I have . Was a choice between Simucon and jail opun returning home , of no Simucon and paying the ticket . I choose Simucon

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WeaHq58ehs8/hqdefault.jpg

Allereli
07-17-2017, 10:23 PM
already my favorite thread ever

Gelston
07-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Make sure to tell the judge you decided to attend an unofficial convention for a 30 year old text based RPG instead of paying your ticket.

Viekn
07-17-2017, 10:28 PM
I tried to find a bard fo over a week and no luck , so selling entire locker in bulk . I need silvers fer the Simucon auction , and after that ill need real life money to

bond myself out of jail for the ticket I have . Was a choice between Simucon and jail opun returning home , of no Simucon and paying the ticket . I choose Simucon , Anyways let the bidding begin

Locker contents of Hoodtralfeck Escalante, the Giantman, as recorded in Wehnimer's

On an armor stand:
some green and ivory prayerbeads (registered)
a heavy backpack
an old spiked vultite helm
a pelican white loose cotton doublet
a fitted arming doublet
a rose bag
an engraved villswood long bow
some dark brocade vestments fitted with slender vultite buckles
a gleaming silvery invar warhelm

On a weapon rack:
a mossbark runestaff
an exquisite carmiln runestaff
a heavy carmiln runestaff
a mossbark runestaff
a gnarled carmiln runestaff
a gold-hilted crimson falchion with scrollwork on the blade
an imflass ice pick (registered)
a beech-hafted vultite flail
a teak-hafted vultite beaked axe
a saw-toothed faenor handaxe
a mithril field-axe

In a magical item bin:
a scorched leather breastplate
a faewood runestaff
some golden double leather
an old orase shield
some vultite brigandine armor

In a clothing wardrobe:
a pair of black satin slippers with bone skeleton-shaped adornments
a bunch of crimson salt crystals (registered)
a rag-wrapped ebonwood torch
a sturdy leather pouch fringed with shark teeth

In a deep chest:
a mottled orc hide bullwhip
a heavy vultite slab
a leather-bound vial of crimson oil
a vultite slab
a invar slab
a nacre-inlaid polished teak box (marked)
a silver wedding band
a silver wedding band

whole locker for sell , not breaking it uo , dont ask what a item is , as i stated i spent very long time looking fer bard with no luck .

-----------------------------MB:10m

For posterity.

hello
07-17-2017, 10:47 PM
Hmm, pay the ticket should come before a 30 year old text based game convention. Don't quote me on that.

btw, where are you returning home from? are you serving?

drauz
07-17-2017, 10:49 PM
Damn dude, I'll just mail you the lanyard.. its not that big a deal

velderan
07-17-2017, 11:04 PM
without item details, I'm not entirely sure that locker is worth 5m.

Godsanvil
07-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Make sure to tell the judge you decided to attend an unofficial convention for a 30 year old text based RPG instead of paying your ticket.

That made me laugh loud enough to wake up my GF in the next room.

Fesok
07-18-2017, 12:12 AM
I don't know what kind of ticket it is, but I've been in traffic court many times and half the people don't show up even when they were at fault in the accident. It's not usually a big deal, and often you can just submit some sort of motion to get more time, or even show up and make a partial payment. All sorts of options.

poison_Owns
07-18-2017, 12:31 AM
This is an amazing strategy. I want to congratulate you on problem solving this out so well. Simucon is worth doing time in jail for sure, and if i had to make the same decision i'd definitely do what you're doing. https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder21/56504021.jpg

Crime
07-18-2017, 12:45 AM
Pay the fine or go to jail.

Taernath
07-18-2017, 12:46 AM
What kind of ticket sends you to jail?

Roiken
07-18-2017, 12:55 AM
i'm surprised nobody has asked this question but WTF is 5 million (35$) going to do that's life changing for you with the ticket or simucon.

Methais
07-18-2017, 01:12 AM
That made me laugh loud enough to wake up my GF in the next room.

Why is your bedroom next to the kitchen?

Fortybox
07-18-2017, 01:22 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/edho4s1lWEawo/giphy.gif https://media2.giphy.com/media/edho4s1lWEawo/giphy.gif https://media2.giphy.com/media/edho4s1lWEawo/giphy.gif

drauz
07-18-2017, 01:30 AM
Why is your bedroom next to the kitchen?

Why do you know where his computer is located?!

Gelston
07-18-2017, 07:20 AM
What kind of ticket sends you to jail?

Not showing up for court generally gets you a bench warrant. It isn't so much the ticket itself that sends you to jail, but the whole not going to court part.

drauz
07-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Not showing up for court generally gets you a bench warrant. It isn't so much the ticket itself that sends you to jail, but the whole not going to court part.

For traffic court they just find you guilty. At least here. Its the real crimes where a bench warrant gets issued.

Hell i mixed up the days for a driving on suspended and didn't show. Got a fine and lowered to a lesser charge, and I wasn't even there!

Gelston
07-18-2017, 07:56 AM
For traffic court they just find you guilty. At least here. Its the real crimes where a bench warrant gets issued.

Hell i mixed up the days for a driving on suspended and didn't show. Got a fine and lowered to a lesser charge, and I wasn't even there!

Depends on where and the type of traffic ticket. You either have to pay it before the court date or show up to court here. From what Hood typed, he apparently lives in the sort of place where you have to appear.

Jhynnifer
07-18-2017, 09:14 AM
Hood =(

time4fun
07-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Hood =(

Yeah, Hood...make better choices sweetie.

Gweneivia
07-18-2017, 10:50 AM
I don't really see the problem. Just tell the judge you'll do time in the stocks.

Gelston
07-18-2017, 10:55 AM
I don't really see the problem. Just tell the judge you'll do time in the stocks.

They don't have stocks here, just prison, community service, or fine.

hello
07-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Gotta think of it this way... if you're forced to make this kind of decision your financial situation is shakey. A few weeks getting fed, bed, cable tv(probably) in a minimal security prison might not be too terrible. Or just join the fucking marines or something and you'll get all that for free... if you're already in the military and this is a civ ticket then beg your commander for petty cash to pay. If it's an MP that caught you..well lulz.

Gelston
07-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Gotta think of it this way... if you're forced to make this kind of decision your financial situation is shakey. A few weeks getting fed, bed, cable tv(probably) in a minimal security prison might not be too terrible. Or just join the fucking marines or something and you'll get all that for free... if you're already in the military and this is a civ ticket then beg your commander for petty cash to pay. If it's an MP that caught you..well lulz.

rofl he isn't going to get prison for a traffic ticket, and I'm pretty sure Hood is too old to join the Marines.

If it is anything like here, he'd go to jail for a couples hours then be let out and told he has until this date to pay his fines. They probably won't even dress him over and put him in the main holding area.

Gelston
07-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Hood, if you have a court date, go to it. If you don't have the money then, explain to the prosecutor and he'll probably ask the judge to let you pay later instead of that day. If the court date is during SimuCon and you just stupidly want to go, call the number on your ticket and ask if you can come earlier or later, and explain that you have an important engagement on the original date. If you already have your fine due date, ask for an extension on that. Communication is key. They want your money, not you.

poison_Owns
07-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Go set up a $20 per month payment arrangement with the court.

SoulSeer
07-18-2017, 05:45 PM
You get tickets for all kinds of misdemeanor's. It could be a DUI, Possession Under an Ounce, or whatever... the fine if he goes to court would be thousands and if he doesn't show up he would be found guilty, sentenced, and a warrant issued.

I think you're doing the right thing Hood!!! Fuck the police! Don't let the man hold you down!

Hoodtralfeck
07-18-2017, 09:50 PM
Im glad i have gotten so much attention with this post , problem has resolved itself today . i told the judge " F*$k the police " so they let me off with a warning . hehe

Taernath
07-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Better not be a SWAT raid at Simucon.

Allereli
07-18-2017, 10:07 PM
Better not be a SWAT raid at Simucon.

I hope it's on costume night

Godsanvil
07-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Oh man the TV in my head lol. The images of people dressed up like they will be and what goes through the cops minds when they bust in with the flash bangs.

Godsanvil
07-19-2017, 10:19 AM
You ready for this swat?

Methais
07-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Why do you know where his computer is located?!

Because he said he woke up his gf in the next room.

Methais
07-19-2017, 01:09 PM

https://youtu.be/74NQDVfuwrw

Wrathbringer
07-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Because he said he woke up his gf in the next room.

Yes, but how did you know he was playing in the kitchen?

Gelston
07-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Yes, but how did you know he was playing in the kitchen?

He didn't say he was. He said he was playing in a room next to the kitchen.

Tisket
07-19-2017, 01:44 PM
They don't have stocks here, just prison, community service, or fine.

You made her joke even funnier by taking it seriously.

Gelston
07-19-2017, 01:49 PM
You made her joke even funnier by taking it seriously.

I wasn't taking it seriously. Those are three IG punishments in GS, like Stocks.

Tisket
07-19-2017, 01:53 PM
I wasn't taking it seriously. Those are three IG punishments in GS, like Stocks.

And it's even funnier that you think the joke needed explaining. lolol

Gelston
07-19-2017, 01:54 PM
And it's even funnier that you think the joke needed explaining. lolol

aids

Steve
07-19-2017, 01:58 PM
aids

http://i.imgur.com/7LczrAS.gif