PDA

View Full Version : Eblading/Blessing Arrows

Tromp
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok so what is the process on Eblading/Blessing arrows. I was told the following:
1) Remove one arrow from the bundle
2) Eblade bless the arrow
3) Rebundle
4) the eblade/bless the bundle
5) remember to keep returning the used arrows to the bundle and the eblade/bless will continue to flow through the ones that you use

Is this correct?

Can there be more charges if you eblade/bless each individual arrow (say a bundle of 20) then bundle them all and eblade/bless the bundle?

Parkbandit
01-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Tromp
Ok so what is the process on Eblading/Blessing arrows. I was told the following:
1) Remove one arrow from the bundle
2) Eblade bless the arrow
3) Rebundle
4) the eblade/bless the bundle
5) remember to keep returning the used arrows to the bundle and the eblade/bless will continue to flow through the ones that you use

Is this correct?

Can there be more charges if you eblade/bless each individual arrow (say a bundle of 20) then bundle them all and eblade/bless the bundle?

No it's not correct. Unbundle the big bundle of arrows into groups.. like 5 arrows in each mini-bundle. Now you have 20 mini bundles from your 100 arrow bundle. Eblade all 20 mini-bundles and THEN combine them. Your main bundle will have a limit to the total number of eblade/bless uses it can carry. I think it's like 500.. but I could be wrong.

When you shoot the arrow.. don't pick it up and reshoot it before replacing it in the bundle. As a ranger, I would shoot out all the arrows necessary to kill a critter.. then bundle them up into my main bundle (so I would only use an arrow once before returning it to the bundle).

Amber
01-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Also, when you go to bundle up your e-bladed arrows, keep the bundle containing the flare you like most in your right hand and all of your arrows will become edged with that flare. You could also just keep your favored flare in your container and add arrows to arrows in your container for the same effect.

Adhara
01-11-2005, 08:53 AM
A bundle can hold 999 charges of eblade. So if you have 100 arrows, break them up into smaller bundles. How many depends on how many charges of eblade your caster's spell gives. So, let's assume you did this right, bundled them all up and now you have a bundle with 999 charges. Don't think of it as charges/arrow but charges for the bundle.

Here's what happens.

You take out 1 arrow from the bundle. The arrow has 2 charges, leaving the bundle with 997 charges. You fire the arrow once. It now has 1 charge. If you fire it again, it will no longer be ebladed and cannot be re-bundled with the rest. But if you bundle it while it has 1 charge on it, it works fine. So you rebundle it, you now have 998 charges in your bundle.

You draw an arrow from the bundle. The arrow has 2 charges, leaving the bundle with 996 charges. You fire it once and rebundle it, the bundle now has 997 charges.

Get the idea? If you keep thinking in terms of charges for the bundle you won't get confused. If you're down to a bundle of two arrows that has more than 4 charges, breaking them up will lower them to 2 charges each, like single arrows.

Hope that makes it more clear.

[Edited on 1-11-2005 by Adhara]

Nieninque
01-11-2005, 09:23 AM
I find that eblading in bundles of 20 will last longer than the bundle of arrows. That was by a 76 train mage though. Never was good at maths though so wouldnt know how to work it out for a lower level mage.

JARVISN
03-28-2009, 10:45 PM
So, does it work the same way with blesses?