PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with ideas!

Jolena
01-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Okay so I've got tons of altered outfits that I designed mostly all by my lonesome with a few critiques by others. However for some odd damnable reason I'm stumped on this one.

What I'd like to do is comprise a somewhat subdued but still a bit sexy outfit based around these two pieces that I've purchased.

You remove a spiralling mistwood armband from in a clothing wardrobe.
>l my arm
Carved intricately from a single piece of mistwood, the armband has been meticulously sanded and then finished with a light dye to accentuate the grain of the wood. Lightly etched on the turning band are different caricatures of each race of Elanthia.

You remove a strapless mistwood-boned corset from in a clothing wardrobe.
>l my cors
This corset is sewn of soft darkened suede and is laced tightly up the back with silver wisps of silk through ornate crystal grommets. Strips of sanded mistwood create an elegant boning effect and a tiny deep red ruby jewel is placed in the top center of the garment, complimenting the bustline beautifully.

I'm looking for ideas on a skirt or pants and of course shoes. Probably a container of some sort as well.

Any help is appreciated!

Jolena
01-06-2005, 03:03 PM
a delicately flared linen dress: Homespun linen has been bleached to provide a snow-white color for the fabric of this light-weight garment. Featuring a scooped-neckline, the bodice forms closely to the torso with long tapered sleeves clasped with small deep red rubies. Flaring from the narrow waist, the ankle-length skirt falls in lightly creased pleats with a hand-tatted lace hem.

Was working with a friend on this idea for a dress that the corset would go over. However..not sure that the armband would be appropriate with the long sleeves. So perhaps changing that to shoulder-strapped.

[Edited on 1-6-2005 by Jolena]

Jolena
01-06-2005, 03:06 PM
a delicately flared linen dress: Homespun linen has been bleached to provide a snow-white color for the fabric of this light-weight garment. Featuring a scooped-neckline, the bodice forms closely to the torso with tapered lace shoulder straps adorned at the seam on the bodice with small deep red rubies. Flaring from the narrow waist, the ankle-length skirt falls in lightly creased pleats with a hand-tatted lace hem.

Shoulder-strap idea here.

Amaron
01-06-2005, 04:06 PM
lol I was in a small group that made those arm bands

I like the dress there.

J

Jolena
01-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Oh! I didn't know those armbands were made in a group alteration thing. I purchased it about a month ago to go with the corset. I like the design.

Also, which dress? The shoulder strapped or the long sleeve?

HarmNone
01-06-2005, 05:26 PM
I think you mean hand-tatted, rather than hand-tattered. :)

Nilandia
01-06-2005, 06:52 PM
I was gonna say... I thought lace was tatted.

Nilandia

Jolena
01-06-2005, 06:53 PM
yeah it is, I oopsed it. :blush:

Amaron
01-07-2005, 09:16 AM
I like the shoulder strap!

J