PDA

View Full Version : Senior Quote

GSLeloo
09-11-2003, 03:10 PM
So ok people, I need a quote for my yearbook! I know you guys have to have some really great, inspiring quote to have underneath my picture so... share your favorite quotes!

Scott
09-11-2003, 03:12 PM
You better cut that pizza into 4 slices, I don't think I can eat 8.

GSLeloo
09-11-2003, 03:20 PM
lol! I don't eat pizza so that doesn't work.

Snapp
09-11-2003, 03:21 PM
No...... pizza...... ?!?! ahh!

Scott
09-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
lol! I don't eat pizza so that doesn't work.

I just figured that was all your learned from high school....

Edaarin
09-11-2003, 03:30 PM
My quote was, "I know you're all thinking that I'm going to say something chauvinistic. Well, you're wrong. This is why women shouldn't think. See you all at our Charlottesville campus next year."

...over 100 of my classmates wound up at the same college as me.

Anyway, here's a few good quotes from famous people.

"When I'm dead, and my activities on Earth have passed, I hope they bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass."
--Bobby Knight

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
--Andy Dufrene

"My cat's breath smells like cat food."
--Ralph Wiggum

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Edaarin]

GSLeloo
09-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Well these quotes are like.. from famous authors! and no, I don't like pizza... it always has that layer of oil and grease on top, makes me wanna barf.

Staerin
09-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Yay! Ralph Wiggum! At least you've got one person listed with an IQ equal to my own. And it's so insightful too.

Edaarin
09-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Andy Dufrene => played by Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption, one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

Bobby Knight => hardly an author.

Ralph Wiggum => ...it's Ralph.

Anyway, I'm not saying quote these as your own, cite them too. Lots of people will do it. And whatever you do for the love of god don't identify people by their initials, 10 years down the road you won't know who the hell half of them are. It's 2 years later and I couldn't identify half my class by their initials.

Scott
09-11-2003, 03:37 PM
It taste's like burning! -Ralph Wiggum

Staerin
09-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Is it just me or did everything just taste purple for a second? -Philip J. Fry

Ilvane
09-11-2003, 03:41 PM
This was mine, I just dug out my yearbook.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." --Eleanor Roosevelt

smarty pants
09-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." --Eleanor Roosevelt
hahahahahahaha

Vesi
09-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by smarty pants

hahahahahahaha

Isn't it in the TOS someplace not to laugh at Ilvane? Shame.

I can't remember what (if any) quote I put on mine. Do you want funny or serious?

(oh and don't look at that riddle thread... I barely made it though any math classes at all)

Vesi

Ilvane
09-11-2003, 03:54 PM
I don't really mind if he laughs, she asked for quotes, and I gave her one! Not everyone got drunk and messed around in college, or high school right?

I was a pretty serious student. I even graduated with a 3.84. Not that it matters now.;)

-A

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Ilvane]

GSLeloo
09-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Hmm.. serious quotes cause I don't really think I'm a funny person.

imported_Kranar
09-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Heh, my grad comment made a lot of people go "WTF?"

1) S = T <=> (Ax: x e S <=> x e T)
2) EU: Ax: x e U <=>(ES: x e S & S e T)
3) ET: Ax: x e T <=> (Ay: y e x => y e T)
4) EN: 0 e N & (x e N => x U {x} e N)
5) ~S = 0 => Ex: x e S & Ay: y e x => ~y e S
6) 2^Aleph_0 = Aleph_1 = The Continuum

Izalude
09-11-2003, 04:50 PM
To lead a symphony, one must turn their back on the crowd. - John Williams

A project is never completed, only abandoned. - George Lucas.

I think I used the first one for High School.... but my yearbook is back home, so I can't exactly check.

Drew2
09-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Kranar you just went from nerd to Steven Hawkins in 2.0 x 10^-13 seconds.

Snapp
09-11-2003, 04:53 PM
'I'm a brick!" - Ralph Wiggum

Drew2
09-11-2003, 04:58 PM
http://www.snpp.com/guides/ralph.file.html

Get it all out of your system.

GS4Gurl
09-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Heres a quote: "If the vans a rockin dont comea knockin'"

:)

GSLeloo
09-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Well we've already been told the quotes can't have anything to do with sex, drugs, alcohol, violence... um.. there was more..

smarty pants
09-11-2003, 05:30 PM
I don't really mind if he laughs, she asked for quotes, and I gave her one! Not everyone got drunk and messed around in college, or high school right?

I was a pretty serious student. I even graduated with a 3.84. Not that it matters now.;)

-A

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Ilvane]
im a transvestite.

theotherjohn
09-11-2003, 06:10 PM
If you are close to your mother or grandmother. Thank them in your quote. If you are close to one of them then you know how much it would mean.

Drew2
09-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
If you are close to your mother or grandmother. Thank them in your quote. If you are close to one of them then you know how much it would mean.
However sweet that is, I don't think the last impression you want to give your fellow classmates is "I love my mother." It doesn't summarize who you are at that moment in time very well.

It also makes you seem gay.

(Disclaimer: I did not say anyone WAS gay, nor did I say anything was wrong with being gay.)

Edit: And your mother didn't graduate high school for you.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Tayre]

Vesi
09-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Leaving from here for me to discover sights unseen, explore places unknown, travel roads untraveled. (that might be a little too Star Trekkie)

Never go a day without learning something new.

If I can make a difference to just one person in my life, then I have accomplished something.

The thanking of a parent/grandparent/etc is a good idea. I know I'd love to see my daughter write something about me. If she doesn't, that's her choice. In the long run your parents are the ones that keep all those 'special' things. (at least around our house)

Vesi

PS Yes, I know my sayings are corny.

Edited: To fix a couple of things.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Vesi]

Vesi
09-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Tayre

Originally posted by theotherjohn
However sweet that is, I don't think the last impression you want to give your fellow classmates is "I love my mother." It doesn't summarize who you are at that moment in time very well.

(Disclaimer: I did not say anyone WAS gay, nor did I say anything was wrong with being gay.)

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Tayre]

If you're ever a parent you will realize that one word of praise from your child is worth the world. Maybe you won't impress your classmates. Just from experience, the people I graduated with I could care less what they think/thought.

Vesi

Hips
09-11-2003, 06:45 PM
To thine own self be true. ~Shakespeare (in Hamlet)

Solkern
09-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Oh i got one
I plan to find that treasure that moment of pleasure, where yours....it could have been

Edaarin
09-11-2003, 07:26 PM

So what the hell was your point.

Scott
09-11-2003, 07:34 PM

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. In my farewell yearbook thing, I thanked my parents and brothers for all their help. My parents DID help me get through high school and I do owe them thanks for all their help. It's sad that you think that is "gay" because I'd say about 99% of my high school thanked their parents in the yearbook.

AnticorRifling
09-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Blessed are the cheese makers for they shall make cheese.