PDA

View Full Version : Help with character descriptions

madzen23
05-20-2017, 11:53 PM
When I look at other characters in game I noticed that many people have words in their descriptions that are "unlinked" which create nice transitions in the reading them. For example some might have a "black weapons harness", and someone else might have that same "black weapons harness" followed by "slung over his shoulder"(which is unlinked). Is this an alteration? Is there any way to get more of these simple descriptions on my character? This seems quite complicated, and i'm having a lot of trouble finding anything about it on the wiki.

Thanks for any input you might have!

Sylvan Dreams
05-20-2017, 11:58 PM
That might be one of the things that show up if you have SET LAYERCLOTHING turned ON.

Viekn
05-21-2017, 12:18 AM
That might be one of the things that show up if you have SET LAYERCLOTHING turned ON.

That, plus make sure you "sort auto head", which makes sure your inventory is sorted from head to toe and I believe makes a difference.

madzen23
05-21-2017, 12:50 AM
SET LAYERCLOTHING did the trick for the over the shoulder items! Thank you!

It still leaves the questions why some item descriptions are unlinked aside from the actual meat of the item. For example below:

She is wearing a dark leather overcoat fastened with onyx clasps, a crushed silk sash, a fitted black cotton shirt with numerous scuff marks, a fragrant scarlet rose with a thornless stem, a crystal amulet, a braided silken ribbon choker, a faded leather jacket with numerous scuff marks, a skull pin with glowing red eye sockets...

Are these alterations?

ArchSenex
05-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Not necessarily alters, just items with long descriptions. Many longs are available off the shelf. Only the meat of the item is linked as you describe.

ArchSenex
05-21-2017, 01:21 AM
This is a very heavy copy of item information. It's a bit daunting but should help shed light

https://gswiki.play.net/ALTER_(verb)

Yesnomaybe
05-21-2017, 10:28 AM
If you look at the alter rules in game, it goes over the 15/15/15 character limit for alters​ with show descriptions. This set is always hyperlinked, and you can add onto it to make it a long(without the show) but the long part won't be hyperlinked. As people have said there are lots of items off the shelf with long descriptions. Check the boutique in the landing, for one. Hope this helps.

madzen23
05-21-2017, 08:13 PM
This all helps a lot. I feel like I can begin to tweak my character now to suit my vison a big more. I went Premium to get more out of the game, but i'll admit this whole thing is a bit daunting.

Thanks again to everyone that replied!

Hoodtralfeck
05-22-2017, 11:50 AM
i had items like that bebore with long descriptions all in bolld and the clickable text , handed said item to a GM to be lightened / deepened and when i got it back it ws changed to where some the words was in normal text and only part was still in the clickable text . im not sure how or why it changes

Hips
05-22-2017, 03:27 PM
i had items like that bebore with long descriptions all in bolld and the clickable text , handed said item to a GM to be lightened / deepened and when i got it back it ws changed to where some the words was in normal text and only part was still in the clickable text . im not sure how or why it changes

The GM fixed the tags on it to only link the base description.