PDA

View Full Version : auto-close sack - ;sloot workaround or trick to stick it open

Viekn
05-19-2017, 01:39 AM
Picked up one of the auto-closing sacks. You can't PROD them to stay open like the cloaks, but it seems like I remember there being a trick where if you did something it would then just stay open as long as you didn't close it again or remove it, or something. Anyone remember anything like that or am I just crazy?

Also, in the absence of that working, anyone figure out a way to use these with ;sloot? It still seems to hang up because although ;sloot will open the sack for you, it doesn't recognize the wording the sacks use as it being opened, so it just thinks the sack is still closed and it'll just hang after that.

drauz
05-19-2017, 01:43 AM
Picked up one of the auto-closing sacks. You can't PROD them to stay open like the cloaks, but it seems like I remember there being a trick where if you did something it would then just stay open as long as you didn't close it again or remove it, or something. Anyone remember anything like that or am I just crazy?

Also, in the absence of that working, anyone figure out a way to use these with ;sloot? It still seems to hang up because although ;sloot will open the sack for you, it doesn't recognize the wording the sacks use as it being opened, so it just thinks the sack is still closed and it'll just hang after that.

You tried opening and then logging out?

Viekn
05-19-2017, 06:58 AM
You tried opening and then logging out?

Yep, doesn't work. I also tried putting it in my locker, closing the locker, logging out then back in, and that still didn't work.

Viekn
05-19-2017, 08:10 AM
So I think I found a work around for this. I changed a line in sloot. I searched for "open" within the sloot code, and found the section "# Opens up a sack and keeps a record of it". 7 lines below that section title was a line that included the words "You open", which I figured sloot was using to judge whether you opened your sack or not. Because the auto-closing containers don't use that verbiage, I replaced "You open" with "Sliding the lever", which is the wording that the auto closing sacks do use. It seems to work fine. I think as long as none of my other characters uses a standard container and don't close it, I should be fine.