PDA

View Full Version : Official: Non-Corporeal Vrs Ranged Weapons Update

Fallen
01-05-2005, 05:49 AM
Taken from Official Boards

Non-corporeal Creatures Respond to Ranged Weaponry · on 1/5/2005

IOI: 5

Non-corporeal creatures will now respond to arrows, bolts, and hurled weapons with special messaging, instead of having the projectiles stick in their vaporous body parts.

- Ildran

This message was originally posted in Weapons, Armor and Items, Weapon and Armor Discussion. To discuss the above follow the link below.

Fallen
01-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Anyone care to post some of the new messaging?

Nieninque
01-05-2005, 07:06 AM
You nock an eonake arrow in your sniper's bow.
You fire an eonake arrow at a sacristan spirit!
AS: +340 vs DS: +107 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +65 = +330
The sacristan spirit is immune to punctures.
The eonake arrow passes straight through a sacristan spirit's chest and trails ethereal wisps behind it as it makes its way to the ground.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>f
>
You remove a single eonake arrow from a bundle of eonake arrows.
>
You are now in an offensive stance.
>
You nock an eonake arrow in your sniper's bow.
You fire an eonake arrow at a sacristan spirit!
AS: +340 vs DS: +107 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +54 = +319
The sacristan spirit is immune to punctures.
The eonake arrow streaks into a sacristan spirit's chest and out the other side.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Parkbandit
01-05-2005, 08:05 AM
LMFAO.. so they made ranged weapons ineffective against the undead even if the arrows are blessed?

But they get sliced up by a blessed blade.

Makes perfect GS sense.

Nieninque
01-05-2005, 08:13 AM
No they didnt change that.
Some undead are immune to punctures, Spirits being one of them. All they changed was adding a little message to the attack so it doesnt just Sacristan spirit is immune to punctures, the arrow flies harmlessly through...blah blah blah.

It was a pretty pointless change, because other than trying it to see what the messaging is, any ranged user is not going to be fighting non-corporeal undead because they cant hit them.

There are far more useful things they could be spending their time on, I'm sure.

Parkbandit
01-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Ah.

Sorry.. never hunted undead of any sort with my ranger.

AnticorRifling
01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
What are you doing in vaalor?

Miss X
01-05-2005, 10:22 AM
She's visiting her old friend Hevinsbane most likely! ;)

Arshwikk
01-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
No they didnt change that.
Some undead are immune to punctures, Spirits being one of them. All they changed was adding a little message to the attack so it doesnt just Sacristan spirit is immune to punctures, the arrow flies harmlessly through...blah blah blah.

It was a pretty pointless change, because other than trying it to see what the messaging is, any ranged user is not going to be fighting non-corporeal undead because they cant hit them.

There are far more useful things they could be spending their time on, I'm sure.

Personally, I prefer undead, and I am a ranged user. Granted, I never use a bow on them, heh. You should have brawl too if you use a bow and are a ranger. After all, no one can have a better natural fu MB then a ranger now. (race based too, of course)

Nieninque
01-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
She's visiting her old friend Hevinsbane most likely! ;)

I went to get the messaging as requested by Fallen.
I couldnt think of any undead in Illistim that were immune to punctures.

Nieninque
01-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Arshwikk

Personally, I prefer undead, and I am a ranged user. Granted, I never use a bow on them, heh. You should have brawl too if you use a bow and are a ranger. After all, no one can have a better natural fu MB then a ranger now. (race based too, of course)

I hunt undead with Snowy when I can and do use a bow. The point was, once you have established that a critter is immune to punctures, you are going to try somehting else, or find something else to hunt.

In terms of making changes to the game that you would want to sing about, this one ranks probably right near the bottom.

Yeah...big deal...

Parkbandit
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Arshwikk

Personally.. I like that my ranger uses one weapon group and is in COL. The extra training points I save by not having to train in brawling allows me to hide better, ambush better and have a higher AS and DS than your ranger at the same level.

In summary.

My rangers better than yours.

:P

Latrinsorm
01-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Personally.. I like that my ranger uses one weapon group and is in COL. The extra training points I save by not having to train in brawling allows me to hide better, ambush better and have a higher AS and DS than your ranger at the same level.

In summary.

My rangers better than yours.OMG PB STILL PLAYZ!!!

Some Rogue
01-05-2005, 01:42 PM
The announcement doesn't say anything about the undead immune to puncture. Basically, with this change, you don't have to wait til the critter is dead to collect your arrows or bolts. They fly right through, not sticking in the critter.

fallenSaint
01-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Id have to agree with this being more appropriate at the bottom of a list of things they could be devoting time to changeing... Can't say I ever worried much about my arrow sticking to a ghost.

01-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Making some monsters immune to punctures is sofa king dumb. WTF.. Sure, slash a ghost but can't stab it? WTF?!? Hey, wanna go hunt spiders? WELL YOU CANT FUCKING STAB THEM HAHAHAAHA PWNED

- Arkans