PDA

View Full Version : Lumnis

grapedog
05-16-2017, 08:22 PM
So, i've read the wiki, but I'm still unsure in some regards how it works. It will process up to a certain amount of exp at 3x and then drop to 2x and so forth?

So it doesn't really matter how quickly or slowly you can gain the exp, it will still process up to a certain amount at a higher rate regardless of if you are saturated or clear, before dropping down and doing another certain amount of exp?

Mogonis
05-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Yes. It's based on points instead of a timer now. It doesn't matter what your pulses are other than how long it'll take you to absorb your full gift.

In other words, you don't have to worry about being in a supernode and optimizing pulse amounts if you don't care about burning through your gift as quickly as possible.

grapedog
05-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Is there any pro or con to trying to stack it all quickly, remaining saturated as much as you can?

ArchSenex
05-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Is there any pro or con to trying to stack it all quickly, remaining saturated as much as you can?

Yes, you still absorb faster, and if you use a BOOST EXPERIENCE it is still time based. But in terms of the bonus from lumnis, it doesn't really matter.

Ososis
05-16-2017, 08:32 PM

I think the only 2 situations in which this would be beneficial is during the Lumnis Challenge, or if you plan on doing a double lumnis (can be done once every 6 months). There could also be a small argument for long term experiance. LTE is absorbed based on XP absorption OUTSIDE of lumnis, so if your lumnis lasts all week, you don't burn down the extra LTE, but then you still aren't really losing anything.

Side note, the extra XP gained from BOOST EXP does not count for lumnis bonus, so may in fact slow down completing your lumnis.

grapedog
05-16-2017, 08:39 PM
thanks for all the info!