PDA

View Full Version : Official: Goals 2005

Fallen
01-04-2005, 05:36 AM
2005 Goals
Following is an overview of our release GOALS for 2005. Actual 2005 releases probably will vary as the result of unexpected difficulties, unexpected progress in other areas, or changing player priorities.

Our primary focuses for 2005 can be broken down into: Alternate Gameplay, New and Improved Spells, Creature Development and Societies.

ALTERNATE GAMEPLAY
Many players would like more gameplay alternatives to hunting. Various systems fall under this umbrella, some of which offer experience: Alternate experience systems (such as the Windmill), Artisan Skills, permanent quest areas, and task and bounty systems.

Quests: Bounty System (Hunt creatures for bounties.)
Quests: Two quest areas (Permanent locations much like "dungeon crawls".)
Quests: Elven Nation Task Systems (Perform various tasks for NPCs and earn rewards.)
Artisan Skills: Cobbling Improvements
Artisan Skills: Tailoring

In addition to these items, the Pegasus system (which may or may not be completed in 2005) includes a number of alternate experience activities. The Icemule Trace Windmill is also pending.

NEW & IMPROVED SPELLS
Our spell goal for 2005 is to complete all spells level 1-25, and one level 40+ spell for each profession.

New Spells Improved Spells
1040 704 - Phase
1115 715 - Curse
1120 716 - Disease
1613 - Divine Vengeance 920 - Call Familiar
1625 - Sanctify Ranger Lore Improvements
1630 1125 - Troll's Blood
240 115 - New Spell
316 118 - Web
320 630 - Companion
540 317
650 - Assume Aspect
730 - Animate Dead

OTHER HIGH PLAYER PRIORITIES
These areas all ranked in the top 10 of player priorities last year.

New level 80-100+ creatures.
New Society
Alchemy Guild Skills for Pure Spellcaster Professions

ODDS AND ENDS
Various miscellaneous releases.

Systems World Premium/Platinum
CM: Coup de Grace Giantman Village Expansion Four Winds – Lockers
CM: Weapon Bonding Additional Shrines Four Winds – Hunting
Deity Specific Foes Arkati History Expansion Premium Points
Combat Messaging Giantman History Expansion Platinum Area & Storyline
Lock Mastery Expansion Gnome History Expansion Premium Homes Improvements
Paladin Conversions Elven History Expansion
Gems Document
Layered Clothing
ESP Enhancements

UNKNOWNS
We would like to complete the following projects in 2005, but due to the size of these projects, they may not make it until 2006.

Pegasus Travel System
Monks
Unarmed Combat

Fallen
01-04-2005, 05:37 AM
I, for one, am pleased about what they have decided to concentrate upon.

Lets here it for 80-100+ hunting areas!

Miss X
01-04-2005, 05:57 AM
Jeez how long have they been developing the minor mental spell list? Feels like forever and Empaths are kind of in limbo till then. I love the fact that empath improvements from RSN that never happened have been forgotten too. How sucky.

YancyDC
01-04-2005, 10:00 AM
I've only been back 3 months or so, but it seems like many of those things have been promised for a while. I hope they get monks out, I'm interested to see what they have planned for them.

And what the hell is the Windmill anyway?

theotherjohn
01-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by YancyDC

I think it is the test example of the alternate exp system that will happen only in icemule

Shari
01-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Sooooooo.....

December 31st at 11:59 pm these new things will be released?

Wezas
01-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
NEW & IMPROVED SPELLS
Our spell goal for 2005 is to complete all spells level 1-25, and one level 40+ spell for each profession.

New Spells Improved Spells
1040 704 - Phase
1115 715 - Curse
1120 716 - Disease
1613 - Divine Vengeance 920 - Call Familiar
1625 - Sanctify Ranger Lore Improvements
1630 1125 - Troll's Blood
240 115 - New Spell
316 118 - Web
320 630 - Companion
540 317
650 - Assume Aspect
730 - Animate Dead

Makes me glad I closed my account:

1040 - Bards
740 - Sorc
940 - Wiz
540 - Wiz
650 - Ranger

240 - Cleric & Empath (for now, but Empaths will be losing major spirit circle)

Empaths once again get screwed on the high level spells.

Miss X
01-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Looks like it, but with the fabulous Imjee on the Empath team I am holding out some hope that things will get moving. We already have a level 40 spell though so we cant complain about that. I'd just like to see some of the useless spells we have sorted out, for example...oh, say... TROLLS BLOOD????

Parkbandit
01-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by YancyDC

You see the movie "Conan the Barbarian"? Remember when he was a kid and he was forced to turn this mill around.. and then it flashed forward 20 years and he was a big buff stud?

That's the new Icemule Windmill.

AnticorRifling
01-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
Looks like it, but with the fabulous Imjee on the Empath team I am holding out some hope that things will get moving. We already have a level 40 spell though so we cant complain about that. I'd just like to see some of the useless spells we have sorted out, for example...oh, say... TROLLS BLOOD????

How's bone shatter working for you all?

How quickly you forget.

Latrinsorm
01-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Lets here it for 80-100+ hunting areas! Hear! Hear!

I also <3 layered clothing, for some reason that I kind of don't want to discern. What happened to Friend or Foe, though? :(

Weapon bonding is going to be ridiculously awesome.

AnticorRifling
01-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I'd like to see creatures in invasions only attack people not alligned to their deity. So Luukosian blah blah's wouldn't attack the idiot snake worshippers, etc.

Fengus
01-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Doesn't seem very much for a years development.

Each one of the alternate gameplay sound stupid in the extreme. The bounty hunter while the most interesting makes me think of the bullshit you do with COL, which isn't fun and is not very alternative.

Alchemy, new society and 80-100 critters? These are the priorities? What it is is this, the GMs are basically volunteers and its far easier to get someone to work hard on something they want to do than something you want them to do, thus these lists are largely based on what the GMs want to create.
This should be obvious based on the hodge-podge development over the years. Telling me these are my priorities is just plain annoying.

Asha
01-04-2005, 04:05 PM
The best way to deal with the depression due to having no work completed on your profession is not keep paying them.

Oh and don't be an empath if you don't like being a sorcerer.

Latrinsorm
01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
Telling me these are my priorities is just plain annoying.Odd, I didn't see any mention of your name in that announcement.

Hear!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Maybe they are assuming an Under Promise - Over Deliver attitude? I think that's a good one to be very honest, though it has it's dangers as well.

Snapp
01-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I agree that it doesn't sound like much for one year's work... and you know half those spells won't be released. Monks in 2006 now? What are Savants then.. 2008? 2010?

Varsus
01-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I am glad to see that there are things they are working on.

If you look at it from my point of veiw (someone who plays once a week) alot of you losers would pay and play even if they did NOTHING for the game.

-Varsus (improvement = good)

ps the "you losers" statement is for those who think they are.

edited to add the fact that most of you are not losers.

[Edited on 1-4-2005 by Varsus]

Jahira
01-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I hate gemstone! Now let me do an alt+tab and play some more!

[Edited on 1-4-2005 by Jahira]

Fallen
01-04-2005, 06:04 PM
It should be remembered that the majority of the players voted for these changes.

The GMs seem to hate the idea of developing 80-100 level hunting grounds, yet it is what the players want. They are doing what the (majority) players want.

The GMs want breakage, but you don't see it anywhere on the list. Why? The majority of player's DON't want it.

Fengus
01-04-2005, 10:20 PM
It should be remembered that the majority of the players voted for these changes.

The GMs seem to hate the idea of developing 80-100 level hunting grounds, yet it is what the players want. They are doing what the (majority) players want.

I don't recall any such clear majority in any poll. I do recall a fairly stupid poll about 6 months ago that listed half a hundred things and wanted a single selection. This alongside selections such as "Breakage" basically invalidates the poll as meaningless.

Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Odd, I didn't see any mention of your name in that announcement.

In all seriousness are you retarded? You read this entire thread and when you reached my post, having read it, you though that the above contribution would be worthwhile and interesting to everyone else?

Your mastery of the obvious and strong desire to make the obvious known is compelling enough evidence that brain damage of some degree is present. Also when viewed alongside your inability to make the small logical leap and determine the most obvious relation between a customer (players) and a service (GS).

Artha
01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't recall any such clear majority in any poll. I do recall a fairly stupid poll about 6 months ago that listed half a hundred things and wanted a single selection.

There were 3 polls, which collectively wanted the top 3 things you would like to see. The decisions were weighted and that's where the over all list came from.

TheRoseLady
01-04-2005, 10:40 PM

I don't recall any such clear majority in any poll. I do recall a fairly stupid poll about 6 months ago that listed half a hundred things and wanted a single selection. This alongside selections such as "Breakage" basically invalidates the poll as meaningless.

I don't consider any opportunity for customers to weigh in as a stupid.

People will bitch because they have no input then when an opportunity is given those SAME people will bitch that it wasn't designed to their liking.

The analysis? Some people just like to bitch.

Latrinsorm
01-05-2005, 01:33 AM
In all seriousness are you retarded?No, but my dad thought I was.
You read this entire thread and when you reached my post, having read it, you though that the above contribution would be worthwhile and interesting to everyone else?I got my initial reaction to the thread out of the way up above your post there, in my first post. I was being flippant in that second post there.
Also when viewed alongside your inability to make the small logical leap and determine the most obvious relation between a customer (players) and a service (GS). Hurray for complete sentences! (This is me being flippant again.)

Methais
01-12-2005, 02:43 PM
<<OTHER HIGH PLAYER PRIORITIES

New Society
Alchemy Guild Skills for Pure Spellcaster Professions>>

If they actually release this (which is a bif IF), I might have a reason to start playing again.

My Simu-confidence level is at around 0.7428% though.

hectomaner
01-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Methais
<<OTHER HIGH PLAYER PRIORITIES

New Society
Alchemy Guild Skills for Pure Spellcaster Professions>>

If they actually release this (which is a bif IF), I might have a reason to start playing again.

My Simu-confidence level is at around 0.7428% though.

yeah, those 3 are big right there, should be nice, by the time that area is open, i'll be old enough to hunt there

and if they make a new society, lotta work right there, i'd be extremely surprised, and happy

01-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Anyone who's been using the boards know what the so-called "improvements" to 920 might entail?

Flurbins
01-12-2005, 11:02 PM
This list is great for some comedy. If I had to make a bet on what is actually going to come out, the only things I'd put money on are these:

CM: Coup de Grace, Four Winds – Lockers
CM: Weapon Bonding, Four Winds – Hunting, Premium Points, Platinum Area & Storyline. Premium Homes Improvements, Paladin Conversions, and maybe like 5-10 of the spells.

Methais
01-13-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't think anybody is stupid enough to actually believe that anything more than a few of those things will come out this year.

theotherjohn
01-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Expanded information on what you can expect to see in 2005 is now available at: http://www.play.net/gs4/news/2005/Goals.asp

theotherjohn
01-21-2005, 02:04 AM
GEMSTONE IV 2005 PREVIEW

Expanded information on what you can expect to see in 2005 is now available at: http://www.play.net/gs4/news/2005/Goals.asp

Methais
01-21-2005, 03:36 AM
You posted that link 5 days ago. Hit PageUp once or twice and see.

Trinitis
01-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
GEMSTONE IV 2005 PREVIEW

Drew
01-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
Makes me glad I closed my account:

1040 - Bards
740 - Sorc
940 - Wiz
540 - Wiz
650 - Ranger

240 - Cleric & Empath (for now, but Empaths will be losing major spirit circle)

Empaths once again get screwed on the high level spells.

If you look at the expanded list they have three empath spells up for work. Not to mention there were at least two new ones last year.

Methais
01-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin

Originally posted by theotherjohn
GEMSTONE IV 2005 PREVIEW

Yes I saw that. I still don't see anything new on the site though that would make it "expanded" information. Looks the same as the other day.

[Edited to say nevermind I see the empath spells now that won't come out anyway.]

[Edited on 1-21-2005 by Methais]