PDA

View Full Version : Enhancives Wear or Remove?

nocturnix
05-13-2017, 04:41 AM
Before i left the lands some time ago it was recommended to always remove my enhancives after a hunt.

Well I have alot of enhancives, about 10 or so, and removing them is a bit spammy but I do it anyways, every time after my hunts while i absorb xp.

Now someone mentioned the other day that every time you remove or wear an enhancive there is a chance a charge will be depleated. It seems then to me if I am wearing and removing my enhnancives 5-10 times/hunts per day this is more likely to deplete charges than just leaving them on?

Anyone have the stats/math to say which approach is better?

Thanks,

Roblar
05-13-2017, 04:52 AM
Dunno but you can now INVENTORY ENHANCIVE OFF (and later ON).

No charge burnt, Simustore (used to also be a treasure system teaser reward). Free to turn ON.

And you can hide a few enhancives via item or verb traps.

Brad
05-13-2017, 05:10 AM
You can also get the pauses through the login rewards, with multiple pauses from the enhancive boosts.

hello
05-13-2017, 06:41 AM
More useful to know if the charge actually depletes or not if removed, as I'd still rather script spam to remove all my enhancives then spend simucoin.

khorpulent
05-13-2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah, pauses pretty cheap, but I still find myself not using enhancives sometimes cause I don't want to burn a pause. I do have a character with one of those armoires and it's pretty nice -- it makes me more likely to put my enhancives on/off.

I will say that once I turned my enhancives on after using a pause and one of my items immediately crumbled, so it seems like maybe there is chance to deplete a charge even with turning pauses on/off.

hello
05-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Yeah, pauses pretty cheap, but I still find myself not using enhancives sometimes cause I don't want to burn a pause. I do have a character with one of those armoires and it's pretty nice -- it makes me more likely to put my enhancives on/off.

I will say that once I turned my enhancives on after using a pause and one of my items immediately crumbled, so it seems like maybe there is chance to deplete a charge even with turning pauses on/off.

Soo the pauses are just a convenience thing? doesn't save charges?

Allereli
05-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Now someone mentioned the other day that every time you remove or wear an enhancive there is a chance a charge will be depleated. It seems then to me if I am wearing and removing my enhnancives 5-10 times/hunts per day this is more likely to deplete charges than just leaving them on?

the acts of wearing/removing do not deplete charges. This was confirmed by GM Coase in Jan. 2015 https://gswiki.play.net/Enhancive_item/saved_posts#Enhancive_Charge_Draining

hello
05-13-2017, 09:47 AM
the acts of wearing/removing do not deplete charges. This was confirmed by GM Coase in Jan. 2015 https://gswiki.play.net/Enhancive_item/saved_posts#Enhancive_Charge_Draining

So, there you have it. Always remove, never pause.

ArchSenex
05-13-2017, 09:54 AM
So, there you have it. Always remove, never pause.

They are functionally identical in terms of charge depletion, so go with whichever one you want.

khorpulent
05-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Yeah, it's possible that there was just a charge check that occurred right as I turned my enhancives on and drained the final charge of the item.

Not that y'all couldn't just click the link, but this is what Allereli was talking about:

>A quick question - equipping an enhancive has the potential for stripping a charge, in addition to the random drain effect.
>Do these mechanisms forego that potential? Or does the potential for stripping a charge upon activation still exist?
The way enhancive charge drain works is that each active enhancive item is checked every so often while it is activated. If enough time has passed since the last degradation roll, then a new degradation roll is made. Equipping an item or using INVENTORY ENHANCIVE ON both simply activate the item. Whether the degradation roll occurs or not depends solely on the time since the last degradation roll -- the method of activation has no bearing on this.

>Once I use the inv enhansive off. Do I still have to potential to loose charge by removing or wearing enhansives?
No. As noted above, none of your enhancive items will be active, so there will be no charge degradation rolls.

Alarke
05-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Is there a script in Lich to auto remove/add enhancives after/before a hunt?

Dazmar
05-14-2017, 04:04 PM
It sounds like there is just a set amount of time for a roll to happen but the enhancive needs to be on for the roll check. So if you put it on or turn it on x amount of time after the last roll check it's going to automatically roll upon activation of the enhancive item. So it seems there is a roll when wearing or activating it but it's just a roll that's due. That's the best sense I can make of it.

nocturnix
05-14-2017, 05:56 PM
So there is a timer that ticks while your enhancive is active (worn or "on") when the timer "ticks down" it will roll to see if a charge is depleated. That timer as I understand it does not run if the enhancive is off/inactive . So no rolls then. And the timer does not continue so the last place you left off when you deactivate your enhancive will pick up where it left off and another roll check will happen. So it can be that you were close to a roll check when you put the enhancive back on and it depleted making it seem like a roll check happens every time you remove/wear.

In short it's better to take them off. And did I just learn of a flag I can set to turn off my enhancives without the removal spam? Inventory enhancive on/off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArchSenex
05-14-2017, 06:14 PM
In short it's better to take them off. And did I just learn of a flag I can set to turn off my enhancives without the removal spam? Inventory enhancive on/off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. It requires an enhancive pause to use though, which you get from logging in or buying in the store (either charged or time-based)

Pauses are equivalent to removal in terms of mechanical outcome. The worst option is "leave them equipped"

gilchristr
05-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Good thread thanks for the info!

Also, I believe someone did testing with a weapon and shield putting away and taking out over and over and over. That did not drain them if I remember. So it turns out that held items are not some sort of exception to the rule, all enhancives burn charges solely based on time in use.

nindon
05-15-2017, 08:06 AM
Green pulsating cores found inside plinites in the Confluence grant 30 minutes of time during which you get the benefit of your enhancives without the chance of expending any charges. They are very rare.

I think you can buy a wardrobe (not sure of the exact item name) on Four Winds Isle that automatically lets you swap outfits. I think some people use those to quickly remove or wear enhancives. Hopefully someone who knows more about them will explain.

chalion
05-15-2017, 08:08 AM
The Armoires are an adventurer's guild item, bought with bounty points.

hello
05-15-2017, 08:19 AM
There a guide on the adventurer badges, most efficient way to upgrade them, charging etc?

nocturnix
05-15-2017, 08:26 AM
The armoires sound interesting, no clue how they work. Would this allow me to remove all my enhancives without massive room spam?

Orthin
05-15-2017, 08:30 AM
There a guide on the adventurer badges, most efficient way to upgrade them, charging etc?

With the amount time you troll these forums you know there is

hello
05-15-2017, 08:40 AM
With the amount time you troll these forums you know there is

Actually, yeah I swore I've seen them. Just can't find em, gonna try a google search forbthe PC. PC search sucks.

chalion
05-15-2017, 08:44 AM
The armoires sound interesting, no clue how they work. Would this allow me to remove all my enhancives without massive room spam?

Yes. https://gswiki.play.net/Magical_armoire
Basically, anything you point the armoire out will fly on or off of your character when the armoire is opened. It reduces all the remove/add down to a single line. * Eh, I might be wrong about the single line. Not sure what other players see, if its each item flying out or not.

hello
05-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Messaging
Opening the armoire to don items:
>open armoire
A water witch's hair talisman flies out of the armoire and onto your person.
A water witch's hair talisman flies out of the armoire and onto your person.
A glittering imflass pin flies out of the armoire and onto your person.
An invar-bound snakeskin badge flies out of the armoire and onto your person.
A blood-eagle feather talisman flies out of the armoire and onto your person.
An etched vaalorn helm flies out of the armoire and onto your person.
Opening the armoire to undress in public:
>open armoire
An etched vaalorn helm flies off of your person and into the armoire.
A glittering imflass pin flies off of your person and into the armoire.
An invar-bound snakeskin badge flies off of your person and into the armoire.
A water witch's hair talisman flies off of your person and into the armoire.
A water witch's hair talisman flies off of your person and into the armoire.
A blood-eagle feather talisman flies off of your person and into the armoire.

nocturnix
05-15-2017, 09:17 AM
Coooooooool. And these are only sold in the adv guild for BPs? Or can i find some on PC/playershops second-hand?

chalion
05-15-2017, 09:29 AM
Might find them second hand, but pretty easy to obtain from the adventurer's guild.

They are transferable and cost 25,000 bounty points for a non-lightened version, and 75,000 bounty points for a fully lightened version

Most people are perfectly fine with the unlightened version (can still be lightened by merchants).

m444w
05-15-2017, 09:33 AM
get the lightened version and save yourself a lot of headache.

50k BPS is really only a couple evenings of moderately doing bounties at cap, versus having to hunt down L/D merchants.

hello
05-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Might find them second hand, but pretty easy to obtain from the adventurer's guild.

They are transferable and cost 25,000 bounty points for a non-lightened version, and 75,000 bounty points for a fully lightened version

Most people are perfectly fine with the unlightened version (can still be lightened by merchants).

Wait a minute, you're telling me you can carry these things around?

nocturnix
05-15-2017, 09:58 AM
Wait a minute, you're telling me you can carry these things around?

Wouldnt it be kind of useless if not?

hello
05-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Wouldnt it be kind of useless if not?

But it's a fucking armoire...

http://www.homeworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pulaski-armoire-at-bedroomfurniture.jpg

nocturnix
05-15-2017, 10:16 AM
But it's a fucking armoire...

http://www.homeworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pulaski-armoire-at-bedroomfurniture.jpg

Correction: it's a MAGICAL armoire. ;-)

gilchristr
05-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Holy shit thats what an armoire is?