PDA

View Full Version : Targeting only mob in the room...

nocturnix
04-28-2017, 03:01 AM
Hi,

I am working on my stormfront macros, these are not scripts to be clear.

I just want to target the monster in the room (arena).

Normally in my hunting areas i have a list of the possible mobs that can spawn and cast at all of them (not most elegant solution, but it works).

In the case of arena there are quite a few possible mob nouns. Is there a way to just cast at a generic term like "enemy?" or something?

Thanks,

Tgo01
04-28-2017, 03:06 AM
I think you can just incant the spell. Or something.

drauz
04-28-2017, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I am working on my stormfront macros, these are not scripts to be clear.

I just want to target the monster in the room (arena).

Normally in my hunting areas i have a list of the possible mobs that can spawn and cast at all of them (not most elegant solution, but it works).

In the case of arena there are quite a few possible mob nouns. Is there a way to just cast at a generic term like "enemy?" or something?

Thanks,

What Tgo said. "incant 719" will cast dark catalyst at an enemy in the room, if no enemy is found the spell won't go off and won't cost any mana. If there are multiple enemies, like a troll and rolton, in a room you can target a specific one with "incant 719 troll".

incant works with almost every spell, attack or defensive. "incant 406" will cast 406 on yourself, it will never target an enemy unless you enter it as a target with a command like "incant 406 troll".

Most of my macros are just incant <spell>. So I don't have to update them for different hunting grounds including the arena.

Hope that was coherent enough to understand. Good luck in the arena.

Jymamon
04-28-2017, 06:15 AM
On the off chance there is something that does require a target (for example, I'm not sure if incant 1030 is targetted or open by default), "target next" will make you target the only valid target in the room.

nocturnix
04-28-2017, 08:06 AM
I forgot about how flexible incant is. It definately works, works with 1002 and 1030, it seems to be single target by default but will double check later.