PDA

View Full Version : Patron's blessing (1611)

gilchristr
04-28-2017, 02:43 AM
For those who may be considering whether to buy the 1611 at duskruin, you might want to review this GM post (I found this covered on the gswiki page for 913). Emphasis added.

1) Phase (704) has been given a self-only buff (standard buff duration) that increases the sorcerer's defenses against BOTH the old SMR and the new SMR. This buff is sorcerer only. 2) Patron's Blessing (1611) has also been given some defense against the old SMR, and the bonus ranks in Combat Maneuvers granted by the spell now also applies to the old SMR. This buff is paladin only.

So if you are looking for 1x a day maneuver defense, might want to go for the 913 item, instead of the 1611 item.

Ghost
04-28-2017, 05:46 AM
For those who may be considering whether to buy the 1611 at duskruin, you might want to review this GM post (I found this covered on the gswiki page for 913). Emphasis added.

1) Phase (704) has been given a self-only buff (standard buff duration) that increases the sorcerer's defenses against BOTH the old SMR and the new SMR. This buff is sorcerer only. 2) Patron's Blessing (1611) has also been given some defense against the old SMR, and the bonus ranks in Combat Maneuvers granted by the spell now also applies to the old SMR. This buff is paladin only.

So if you are looking for 1x a day maneuver defense, might want to go for the 913 item, instead of the 1611 item.

Never liked or understood why other spell circles are so easily accessible by just about everyone. Think warriors are OP, since noone can touch what they do.

Ardwen
04-28-2017, 07:01 AM
a very large portion of what warriors can do was given to paladins when released and thru CMans after that. unless you think assessing is powerful I suppose.

Ghost
04-28-2017, 07:28 AM
a very large portion of what warriors can do was given to paladins when released and thru CMans after that. unless you think assessing is powerful I suppose.

Berserk, Armor fittings, Bashing boxes or gates, a lot of cmans better and no cost through the guild, sheath making -some of the best containers in the game, stances like krynch/mongoose/etc. and masteries to evasion blocking, tackling, cool cmans like coup de grace (basically pallies get the shield cmans), and yes assess weighting/padding which surprisingly seems to be in constant demand. Not to mention warriors have enormous post-cap potential while paladins more or less max out at cap in terms of combat.

Ardwen
04-28-2017, 07:39 AM
warriors are supposed to be masters of the arms sphere, thats their purpose, of course like 5 professions are stronger arms users then they are. You wanna nerf warriors you better start nerfing all the professions that have idiotic AS boosts thru spells too.

Ghost
04-28-2017, 08:00 AM
Warriors have been asking for triple training for a long while now. I personally harassed Kuromaku like every other day to give us some form of defense (before redux) because I argued we shouldn't have to spell up till we're visible in Icemule from Landing. And apparently, the GM team agreed at the time. Warriors are a better well-rounded profession above any other profession out there. They've got a tool for almost every situation, that's their edge.

Orthin
04-28-2017, 08:07 AM
Warriors have been asking for triple training for a long while now. I personally harassed Kuromaku like every other day to give us some form of defense (before redux) because I argued we shouldn't have to spell up till we're visible in Icemule from Landing. And apparently, the GM team agreed at the time. Warriors are a better well-rounded profession above any other profession out there. They've got a tool for almost every situation, that's their edge.

But wait what's a Golvern segment...