PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Services

GS4leveling
12-30-2004, 02:03 AM
If anyones interested in leveling services I am offering please check out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8157992352&ssPage Name=STRK:MESE:IT
If you have any questions I can answer them here or you could 'Ask the seller a question' if you would like to remain anonymous.

TheRoseLady
12-30-2004, 07:07 AM
:rock:

Sean of the Thread
12-30-2004, 10:17 PM
I see you spared no expense in your venture!! http://gs4level.50megs.com/index.html

WTF, OMFG

Hulkein
12-30-2004, 10:26 PM
hahaha.

Edaarin
12-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Holy shit, 8 hours a night?

Man, just work at a fast food joint, they pay way more than Gemstone players...

Drew
12-30-2004, 10:33 PM
How much are you charging anyhow, I don't want to DL an excel file.

12-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, here is my account name and password... Jerk.

- Arkans

MrFeature
12-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Low overhead == High Profits. Why buy a domain when you got one for free?

Lomoriond
12-30-2004, 10:49 PM
$130 to get a character from 0 to 20 with no societal work.... Why bother when you can BUY a character that age for $25-30?

I especially liked the fact you charge $35 JUST to master CoL. I'll do all your skinning for $30! Just lemme know what city!

The prices are goofy and I really don't like the idea of PAYING to let someone I don't know use MY account. Other then that... it it's an... interesting idea.

Just my 2 cents

L

12-30-2004, 10:51 PM
The prices are fucking stupid. Getting to level 20 is easier than ever before. Give me a fucking break.

- Arkans

Eiderfleur
12-30-2004, 10:57 PM
I don't understand why someone would pay subscription fees for a game to have someone else play it.

Interesting idea but definitly not my thing. Don't really trust anyone here enough to give them my account details.

GS4leveling
12-31-2004, 12:07 AM
I put it up on 50megs.com because it was the first free service I saw in Google. I could have had people send me the information and put it in there myself but I wanted to let people play around with it a little. But in case you weren't be sarcastic it only took about 2 hours of work to make all the formulas for the worksheet. Which I did for fun anyways. Yes I could make more working at a fast food place but there you can sit back and watch TV while you rest or actually enjoy playing. Levels 1-20 take about 15 days to do and I charge about $.55 an hour where you don't have to worry about a characters rep and you can build them all yourself. It is mostly a service for people that work a lot at the moment but would like a high level character, I am not expecting many 0-20 requests but 0-30 and 0-40 I have gotten quite a few so far.

Hulkein
12-31-2004, 12:10 AM
55 cents an hour eh?

You really could find more than that by walking around looking in sofas.

Vesi
12-31-2004, 12:14 AM
The sad thing is there will probably be someone crazy enough to let him do this.

Thread in a couple of months:

I GAVE MY ACCOUNT NAME AND PW TO A STRANGER AND NOW I'M LOCKED OUT!

Then we all get to laugh. Again.

Edaarin
12-31-2004, 12:54 AM
Holy crap Vesi's alive.

AkMan
12-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Geez people. Keep the off topic crap out of this thread. If you don't like the idea, start a new thread elsewhere.

12-31-2004, 01:59 AM
I think commenting on the services is very much on topic.

- Arkans

Joe
12-31-2004, 02:43 AM
Who wants to place bets on this being Warclaidhm trying to get back ingame? :)

Lomoriond
12-31-2004, 02:48 AM
No way in hell would he be able to create an excel spreadsheet AND host it on the internet.

Mr. Calculus couldn't figure out how to calculate redux after i showed him THIRTY FUCKING TIMES. Then when I wouldn't calc his hits for him anymore he started bugging everyone else (for which I apologize)

Ahem

L

Vesi
12-31-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Holy crap Vesi's alive.

Sometimes...

On topic: I will not use these services.

Caramia
12-31-2004, 04:18 AM
Clue 1. Sharing passwords and account names is a bad idea, and whoever buys your services is trouble looking to happen.

Clue 2. If you're off watching TV and leveling a character up, you're AFK scripting which is against policy... for which you and all your accounts can get locked out.

I hope no one takes him up on his offer.

Tsa`ah
12-31-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
I think commenting on the services is very much on topic.

- Arkans

The mod of this folder ... AkMan, thinks otherwise.

Let's not push him to edit.

AkMan
12-31-2004, 04:56 AM
This folder is strictly for buying/selling items and services..not debating the morality or 'value' of it. If you want to start a debate on whether it's right or wrong, take it to complaints folder.

GS4leveling
12-31-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Caramia
Clue 1. Sharing passwords and account names is a bad idea, and whoever buys your services is trouble looking to happen.

Clue 2. If you're off watching TV and leveling a character up, you're AFK scripting which is against policy... for which you and all your accounts can get locked out.

I hope no one takes him up on his offer.

From my previous post:

but there you can sit back and watch TV while you rest

I don't afk script or script at all its all done by hand.

Parkbandit
12-31-2004, 09:39 AM
You can however, understand people's apprehension of giving you their account login IDs as well as Passwords.. can't you? What is to stop you from taking my level 63 rogue and selling off all his items.. killing people you've always wanted to.. and getting him locked out for PvP? We should trust you because you have a free website and say that you won't?

I believe you will find some people for your service.. retards still fall for the "Mystery Notes" in the landing.. so anything is possible. Just don't expect widespread acceptance of your service.

Soulpieced
12-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Plus you're a mystery person. If say... *I* had such a service. People might consider it. Some nobody? Doubtful.

Turem
12-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Well this has to be kind of expected, I mean this has been going on for awhile in other RPGs like EQ,DAOC,SWG,WoW, ect ect. So Im not suprised to finally see something like this here. Though I dont agree with it

Trinitis
12-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Leveling "merchants" for GS have been around for a while. I've seen them on ebay for years :)

HarmNone
12-31-2004, 12:14 PM
Heh. Yeah. It's not something new to the GS scene.

DeV
12-31-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin
Leveling "merchants" for GS have been around for a while. I've seen them on ebay for years :) True... I remember seeing someone offering similiar services on ebay around 3 years ago. Certainly nothing new.

AestheticDeath
12-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit What is to stop you from taking my level 63 rogue and selling off all his items.. killing people you've always wanted to.. and getting him locked out for PvP?

Apparantly you just don't know how to cover your own ass. IF anyone wanted this service, I doubt it'd be someone who is already well established in the game. But assuming someone wanted to start a new profession, without too much hassle. All you have to do is open a new account, put a lvl 0 guy on there with the name you want. And let him play with that. Once he has finished the service, assuming its a real one. You can transfer the character to your own account. Then just deactivate the dummy account.

Assuming that a new account could get the free month trial, you'd only be out the transfer fee, and the lvlers fee. As far as how much the guy is charging... If you don't like the price, don't take him up on his services, or try and find someone who would do it cheaper.

I don't see the need to knock the guy until/unless he actually steals someones account. And if that happens its the person who gets taken who should be reporting the problem. I am sure anyone with a small amount of common sense could predict that there is a possibility of something going wrong. Thats why you cover your assets.

Nieninque
12-31-2004, 01:10 PM
free month trial only goes up to level 5.

five hours work delivering ale.

crazymage
12-31-2004, 01:29 PM
eh i dont see a problem with it, GSAuctions.com was going to offer it but we decided it wasnt worth the effort and low money income.

theotherjohn
12-31-2004, 02:34 PM
I will log onto anyones account and play their character for free to help them get to the level they wish.

I promise not to give gift of adventures from your account to other accounts.

really I do...honest:saint:

GS4leveling
12-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Plus you're a mystery person. If say... *I* had such a service. People might consider it. Some nobody? Doubtful.

That is why I put up the Ebay auction to show people that I have 100% feedback rating on there. Also I knew that many people would dislike the idea but I am only able to do 1-2 at a time so I don't want a really big response. Maybe if I continue to do this after I have paid my bills off and have gotten positive response from the people doing it now people can be more trusting of me, but there is always going to be doubt, I even have trouble handing out my info to any that I don't know out of the game.

Rutilcaper
12-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque

five hours work delivering ale.

Since when? I've got two characters above level 5 and my trial still has ~15 days on it or so. SIMU hasn't billed me yet.

Nieninque
12-31-2004, 03:10 PM
I started on a trial...was pretty sure I could only get to level 5. Could be wrong :shrug:

Toxicvixen
12-31-2004, 03:13 PM
That is why I put up the Ebay auction to show people that I have 100% feedback rating on there.

Yeah but you only have 39 feedback, I mean my dog has more feedback then you do. Plus have of them are from sellers, the other half are from people saying thanks for the same day or excellent software. No one has said YEAH! he lvled just like he said he would without stealing my crap! Where is your customer testimonials to this? Where is your proof your not ripping people off?

Fengus
12-31-2004, 09:30 PM

Say what? A year ago or so I signed up and got to at least 10, more likely 15th level. A free month trial is just that, a free month trial.

I don't even know how they would affect a change based on level, but I saw nothing of the sort nor read any thing that stated this, where are you getting this info?

Also to the general offtopic bitching. Your calling him a theif when he has stolen nothing. You are saying he needs to have feedback about the quality of his service but he hasn't done it yet. Everyone has to start somewhere, attack the merits of the concept, but don't make shit up and then pin it on em.

The one and only issue is the account, and I would think there were controls someone to prevent abuse because chances are there are kids somewhere that use mommys card and whats to stop them from abuse? Perhaps there are ways to lock an accounts settings so they cannot be changed online. But, the guys sounds very open to bargining, if you were worried maybe he would work a deal out where you pay him the start up costs and he sets up the account himself, and then transfers it to you once complete. This obviously wouldn't work on an already present character unless you go thru two transfers, but it seems worth it to pay $30, when you are gonna sink $400.

It all comes down to this, obviously there are risks involved, there is nothing in life without risks so if its too much for you, or you don't need the service that doesn't mean the service is useless or no good, only that its not for you.

Caramia
01-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Tell us what makes you qualified to be a good leveler and trainer in GS. Do you currently have characters? How many, what kind, what levels? Do you have any warnings, lock outs? Do you have a history of account sharing?

Hulkein
01-02-2005, 12:42 AM
STOP POSTING HERE OR THE INFALLABLE MOD MAY BE PUSHED TO EDIT.

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THIS TOPIC THAN MAKE A TOPIC IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER.

THX.

crazymage
01-02-2005, 05:53 PM
you can post questions you cant insult or accuse though. hahah eagles lost to cinci

Nieninque
01-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Fengus

Say what? A year ago or so I signed up and got to at least 10, more likely 15th level. A free month trial is just that, a free month trial.

I don't even know how they would affect a change based on level, but I saw nothing of the sort nor read any thing that stated this, where are you getting this info?

As I said, from my own experiences. I also said could be wrong though. I genuinely cant remember for sure, but thats what I recall happening. I remember not being able to get on the vaalor ferry and not being able to progress past five trains. Fuzzy memory though...

Also to the general offtopic bitching. Your calling him a theif when he has stolen nothing.

Please point me to the part in any of my posts where I have called him a thief?

Until then, :stfu:

Artha
01-02-2005, 07:38 PM
STOP POSTING HERE OR THE INFALLABLE MOD MAY BE PUSHED TO EDIT.

-THE +AN.

Hulkein
01-02-2005, 07:42 PM
<< hahah eagles lost to cinci >>

Oh noez, the Koy Detmer led Eagles lost!1

Parkbandit
01-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by crazymage
you can post questions you cant insult or accuse though. hahah eagles lost to cinci

The Eagles are doomed once again. I doubt they will even GET to the Championship game.

GOOD football games yesterday.

Also, leveling services guy.. how long have you been playing GS4?

Hulkein
01-03-2005, 02:43 PM
<<The Eagles are doomed once again. I doubt they will even GET to the Championship game.>>

Would you care to make a wager?