PDA

View Full Version : Artisan skills and experience gain.

TheBastardOfStark
04-16-2017, 10:38 AM
I searched the forums, couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm looking to use artisan skills to bump my rogue through the rough patches and wanted to know how the exp gain works. I get you can have 1200 max ranks, with more for forging. What I'm curious about is the unlearning process. If I were to master fletching for the max exp, I could then learn crafting, but I would get less exp per rank since I was a fletching master. Could I instead, unlearn all my fletching ranks and start crafting and gain the full exp, rather than the half exp? I know it's a time sink for little exp rewards but I'd rather this than die a ton.

Orthin
04-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Think you get 100% of the exp per rank only on the first. So if you got fletching to 400 and stopped you get half exp on crafting until 401. Also based on the ease of mechanics abuse for exp gain I would think that wouldn't work or at least shouldn't.

Orthin
04-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Also what rough patches are you having? Perhaps an evaluation of your hunting spots or tactics could help. If I am able to provide advice/help in that regard I'd be happy to

TheBastardOfStark
04-16-2017, 01:39 PM
It's more annoying patches. I don't want to fixskill to change how I fight for certain areas, plus I enjoy picking a town and staying there. Icemule has some gaps that can be frustrating.

Donquix
04-16-2017, 02:04 PM
It's more annoying patches. I don't want to fixskill to change how I fight for certain areas, plus I enjoy picking a town and staying there. Icemule has some gaps that can be frustrating.

I mean, with the new gold ring and chronomage services you can ring to a sol or WL hunting ground, or pay 5k per 24 hours and chrono unlimited between those 3 towns to deal with the hunting gaps.

and also i'm 99% certain that once you get your 1200 ranks worth of exp or whatever the cap is, you can do the "unlearning" thing to get crafting ranks but you won't ever get more exp from it.

Tyronebiggums
04-16-2017, 02:46 PM
GoS would let you hunt grimswarm that are your level in icemule if you're dedicated to staying there.

Orthin
04-16-2017, 03:01 PM
GoS would let you hunt grimswarm that are your level in icemule if you're dedicated to staying there.

Agreed with this. Also if not GoS ask a friend to open a portal for you. What gap happens to be troubling you at the moment in IMT?