PDA

View Full Version : What's the BEST!?

Xcalibur
09-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Stats wise speaking, performance, what's the best profession in gs3??

to put some help to decide, what would be the best at the lordship?

great lordship?

pvp, pvc, what's the best???

Tsa`ah
09-11-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm torn between ranger and rogue.

longshot
09-11-2003, 10:00 AM
prep 616
cast warclaidhm

smile

retire

Kurili
09-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Though I'm not currently playing one, Cleric. Great killers, and they get better with age.

Acolyte Kurili, now involved in Sorcery for the first time

Weedmage Princess
09-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Rogue all the way.

I'm having a blast with my rogue now...I don't think I'll ever go back to my ranger again.

Neildo
09-11-2003, 04:08 PM
They're all good. It all depends on what you want. Best non-hunter? Best hunter? Best magical hunter? Best physical hunter? Most versatile? Coolest spells? Best group hunter? Easiest to hunt? Least chance of dying? Most advanced to hunt?

Each class and each race can be hunted up to the cap. Some are harder than others, some are easier than others. It all depends on your preference. Give us an example of weapon/hunting style and we can pick it for you because there can easily be someone better than you wouldn't have thought of. Who has the highest AS a bit past legend age? Nope, not bard but rather an empath with a crossbow, heh. But then that doesn't neccesarily make them the best as they're a bit harder to play. Again, it's all personal preference. That and things will be different during GS4.

- N

Vesi
09-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Have to say I'm fond of rogues. Just something about getting that box and getting to open it. I like the feeling. I also seem to make more friends playing my rogue with the picking and guildwork you need to make friends.

As far as PVP and PVC I wouldn't do. Only CVC and usually it's planned out. There are some people I know I could kill if it came to that and they wouldn't go crying to the GMs, but I certainly would make sure with ones I don't know. (unless of course they gave me a valid reason for killing them)

Vesi

GS4Gurl
09-11-2003, 07:18 PM
I like rogue, wizard, and sorcerer.

I have an empath now.. it really sucks. It is SOOOO very boring. I want to reroll to a different profession but I'm not sure which one until after GS4 comes out.

Artha
09-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Rogues kick ass.

Artha
09-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Rogues kick ass.

StrayRogue
09-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Rogues; cheapest skill points, most diverse profession with the greatest number of solid training paths, guild skills, abilities and generally just all round cool.

Xcalibur
09-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Rogues are uber... What's the total cost of all skills in ptps and mtps of each professions?

10 bucks rogue got the lowest...

AnticorRifling
09-11-2003, 11:22 PM
I still like wizards. Second is rogues, then warriors. I've never really had a desire to be any but those three in that order.

Back
09-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Bards. Can fight, can cast offensive, defensive, and make all eq, can pick, make magic items and loresing. Not to mention they are EXPECTED to drink and flirt.

Caels
09-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Empath all the way. Or maybe I just like to think I can heal the world.

[Insert]

In UL, empaths are like trolls, we regen and its really hard to get myself killed.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Caels]

HarmNone
09-11-2003, 11:37 PM
I most enjoyed playing empaths and rogues. I think I liked the variety those classes allowed. It will be interesting to see what the changes of GSIV will do to all professions.

HarmNone

Betheny
09-12-2003, 03:08 AM
Only a cleric could go from 0 to 72 in a year with minimal effort.

MWAHAHHAHA...

Blazing247
09-12-2003, 03:22 PM
At the cap, there is no single "best profession". In a CvC duel, a level 160 anything can outright kill a level 160 anything. It all goes to who gets the first hit.

Whereas a square can sweep/tackle a pure and kill them instantly, a pure can ward a square with no chance of failure and kill them instantly.

Each profession has it's own great undefendable spell/ability at level 160.

Bards lullabye- instant sleep, instant death, nearly impossible to avoid from like aged bard.

Rangers thorn- more than likely a stun/death crit/take down, all of which leave you to be ranger fodder.

Wizards have their bolts which 75 percent of the population can't dodge at 160, if all else fails they have a very high CS as well.

Sorcerers have focused implode which 75 percent of the population can't dodge, and if that fails, have the highest CS of all in most cases.

Clerics have an incredibly high CS, bind, and blind, as well as interference...they can kill in many different ways.

Empaths: read same as clerics for the most part.

Rogues- sweep, ambush, dead, repeat.

Warriors- tackle, hit with claid, dead, repeat.

All things considered equal, a sorcerer might have the slightest advantage overall as their CS is just ungodly enough to ward anything, pure or otherwise, while having a very good TD themselves.

Betheny
09-12-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure I understand how clerics and empaths are the same at all.

The only attack spell a cleric can use on living would be 302, and that's only very effective if you're a Bane-using cleric.

Empaths don't have access to any of that.

HarmNone
09-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I'm not sure I understand how clerics and empaths are the same at all.

The only attack spell a cleric can use on living would be 302, and that's only very effective if you're a Bane-using cleric.

Empaths don't have access to any of that.

I would agree, Maimara. I understand that there have been some changes to Empaths, but they still are anything but "killing machines". Most have to work pretty darned hard just to hunt at level.

HarmNone

Betheny
09-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Empaths in GS need to be like empaths in DR.

You kill something, you lose your healing powers for a long time.

Xcalibur
09-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Empaths in GS need to be like empaths in DR.

You kill something, you lose your healing powers for a long time.

please keep gs gs, enough dr influence coming up :mad: