PDA

View Full Version : Rank the most lethal weapon styles

Marcus
03-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Hi there, new player and D&D min-maxer. Looking for the most effective weapon style for my new toon. Needs to be ranked based on reliability, lethality (lowest endrolls), and overall usefulness. Ignore defensive variables if any. Equipment is standard endgame gear. (7x, basic flares, up to heavy weighting/padding). Assume best class for each skill i.e. rogues to OHE hide ambush with dagger or monks to brawling.

Rank in order of best to worst (#1-#8)
-THW
-OHE
-OHB
-Polearm
-Ranged
-Thrown
-Brawling
-Two weapon combat (pick the weapon)

Neovik1
03-30-2017, 07:56 AM
What class were you thinking of going with?

I'm a one handed edge (handaxe) and shield as an ambushing rogue. I've never really had any issues with my setup. Most things die in one shot but not all the time. If I didn't invest a lot into one handed edged weapons I would probably give brawling a shot since that seems to be the most popular thing these days.

It all really depends on how you want to hunt. At cap some weapons are better than others in certain areas. I always heard that rogues can destroy war camps with a bow, but never actually tried it myself. I've been fine in the scatter with axe and board ambushing my targets and staying in the shadows.

BriarFox
03-30-2017, 07:57 AM
:troll:

Gelston
03-30-2017, 07:59 AM
hi Macgyver

Neovik1
03-30-2017, 07:59 AM
Bah I got suckered... fail

Neovik1
03-30-2017, 08:00 AM
I thought macgyver did polls?

Gelston
03-30-2017, 08:00 AM
I thought macgyver did polls?

He does this ranking shit too.

Neovik1
03-30-2017, 08:01 AM
Frak....

Enuch
03-30-2017, 08:51 AM
He isn't even good at it. A new player with an intimate knowledge of the games nuance

Marcus
03-30-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm looking at brawling myself but I've heard it sometimes takes too long to kill things. Sword and shield perhaps? Who is mcguyver?

Rolton-Sammich
03-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Two-weapon polearms all day. Every class.

Erous
03-30-2017, 10:52 AM
All depends on your playstyle and training. To go based on calculation truths, the AvD details on the wiki would be where you would find the answers you're looking for: https://gswiki.play.net/AvD. Each weapon base, as you probably know, has their own AvD, so you'll have to go through each base and compare.

Like for OHBs for example, Morning Stars have the highest, average AvD against armors. THWs, Mauls have the highest average AvD. Im sure my research is flawed, but I hope this gets you moving in the right direction.