PDA

View Full Version : Just throwing this out there.

Jahira
12-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I have an account with a level 40 or so wizard and a 57 rogue on it that I can't afford to keep running. I hate just having these characters sitting around doing nothing.

If anyone would be willing to pay for the account, they could have access to the characters and even have the wizards enchanting slot. All I really want is to keep my rogue in Illistim so he can pick for Jahira.

I know it may not be that appealing, but I thought I would give it a shot. U2U me if interested.

Parkbandit
12-27-2004, 03:35 PM
You are asking for trouble unless it's a friend of yours. What is to stop them from paying for the account and gaining access to it.. then turning around and selling the characters to someone else? Or to sell some equipment you have on them or in their locker? Or take all the silvers from their accounts?

If you are at the point where you simply don't care.. then I suppose you have zero to lose. Otherwise... not a great idea IMO.

Nieninque
12-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Pay account...change password.

Nakiro
12-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque

That's what the security question is for, duh.

Methais
12-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Sell a million silvers every month. Account paid for.

Gan
12-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Once all billing and contact info are changed, the security question can be changed with just a simple phone call.

I'd seriously consider seeking the assistance of a friend who would benefit from the additional account/characters before I would open it up to just anyone.

Volstock
12-27-2004, 03:54 PM
if said person paid 3 month of your subscription with the same CC they can change thge security PW to whatever they wish..also if you do not care why not just sell of the wizard and use that money to pay for that account ?

[Edited on 12-13-2003 by Volstock]

Jahira
12-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Neither character has much on them in armor/weapons/silver. I don't think there really would be too many dishonest people in Gemstone who read the PC.

I also hate selling silvers. The hassle is just to much and I don't make much more than 1 million silvers a month. Again, I was just throwing the thought out there if anyone was really interested.

Volstock
12-27-2004, 03:58 PM
neither have much on them but a level 40 wizard and a level 57 can easily get about 300 dollar. Also you may not know if a person is dishonest or not until money is involves and when you do find out it may be too late.

Methais
12-27-2004, 04:08 PM
<<I don't think there really would be too many dishonest people in Gemstone who read the PC. >>

I know you can't be that naive. Even Warclaidhm (who happens to be one of the dishonest people that read these forums, and I'm sure there's plenty others) would know better.

[Edited on 12-27-2004 by Methais]

Nieninque
12-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro

Originally posted by Nieninque

That's what the security question is for, duh.

No security question involved...

Methais
12-27-2004, 04:19 PM
She means you can use the security question for finding out whatever the current password is.

Fallen
12-27-2004, 04:27 PM
I don't think there really would be too many dishonest people in Gemstone who read the PC. >>

It is nice to know such innocence still exists in the world ... Quick! Someone crush it!

Nieninque
12-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Methais
She means you can use the security question for finding out whatever the current password is.

If you are getting use of the account, you are getting the password given to you, so you dont need to find it out, you already know it.

Once you know it, you can change it.
Not that I would or anything. Just that you can.

Methais
12-27-2004, 05:03 PM
I realize that. What I'm saying is if the person changed the password on her, I'm pretty sure she could have that password given to her because she knows the account's security question.

TheRoseLady
12-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Jahira,

Either let someone sell off the wizard character and transfer your rogue to your main account or close it until you can afford it. There may be a time in the future that you could afford the account. There's only a few folks that I would trust with my account info, despite the fact that I like lots of folks here on PC.

HarmNone
12-27-2004, 06:04 PM
You're getting some good advice here, Jahira. I hope you listen to it. Don't just hand over the password to your account to someone you don't know. It's a really bad idea.

Nieninque
12-27-2004, 06:11 PM
I also heard a story a while ago...am entirely unable to verify this but, I was led to believe that the character Argaine was once owned by a really nice bloke. I was also told that that person let Dresbarfa's player have access to his account and one way or another, she fleeced him of that character and gave it to the sleasy wankpig that currently plays him.

GM's would do nothing, so I am told, because she had the password...or something.

All this account is 100% hearsay, but it is from someone I trust with my life...

Moral of the story, be careful with that password thing.

Gan
12-28-2004, 10:55 AM
You also will want to change/alter the address and phone info screen under the MY ACCOUNT settings..

See below:

Parkbandit
12-28-2004, 11:07 AM
GMs won't do anything if the account was accessed by a login ID and password.

Sorry.. by giving your account name and password to anyone, you give up any rights you had to that character bring protected by Simutronics.

12-29-2004, 03:46 AM
No dishonest people? Hey, Darnell, what ever happened to that bard again?

- Arkans