PDA

View Full Version : Fu'ing Ranger?

Turem
12-26-2004, 09:27 PM
I've been playing around with the idea of creating a character that uses Fu almost primarily to hunt with. So after some thought and alittle research that a Fu'ing ranger would be a good idea with spells like thorn's ect at thier disposal. Im very unfamiliar with the training abilities of ranger's or what a good stat placement idea for one that wants to Fu would be. Any help would be very appreciated.

Stunseed
12-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Elrodin and Arshwikk are known Fu'ers. I think D1's ranger did as well, don't quote me, though.

Turem
12-26-2004, 09:40 PM
So as a ranger is Fu a viable option or would you recommend a different route? Honestly Ive always wanted to try both a ranger and a Fu'er, so i figured id see if they would be done together and how effective it would be. i definately want to get all the fun spells they get and Brawling would be a must, but as far as the rest of the training or how much in each i have absolutely no idea.

Stunseed
12-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Ehh, to each their own. Stunseed would never be in Voln, and I much perfer the path of a Redux Ranger. :yes:

Artha
12-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Fuing rangers are quite viable.

Turem
12-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Any help with the stat placemet?

Obviously 1x Ranger circle,1x mana control,1x haress power, 1x physical, atleast 1.5x armor, atleast 2x brawl, 1 perception, im sure i forgot afew, but any help/comments would be great

Chadj
12-26-2004, 10:34 PM
I was a fu'ing/OHE bard from 3rd train up till 25th. If a bard can manage, I'm sure a ranger can.

Anebriated
12-27-2004, 01:37 AM
I went the ranged/brawl route with voln. Ill see if I cant dig up some logs to get stats and skills but I can positively say that it is a viable way to go. Self dex and brig makes it a nice and strong attack, I was hunting wind wraiths in teras starting around 40(they were mid 50's I think, I know they switched them around a bit). I like the ranged/brawl route because arrows never really did the trick against uncorp undead so i could just kick em, eventually i got tired of blessing arrows so i used fu on all undead and had my arrows ebladed for the living.

edit to add: http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=7374&page=2

[Edited on 12-27-2004 by Elrodin]

Edaarin
12-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Fu'ing is fun, but as you level you'll find it's not as fast or efficient as just ambushing from hiding.

That and it's a pain in the ass to hunt undead from like level 60-75, and then from 80-90.

Anebriated
12-27-2004, 01:45 AM
With the archery/brawling combo there is no gap. I know Arshwikk tore the rift to shreads using that path, I never made it that far but it wasnt terribly hard at any level that I made it to.

Edaarin
12-27-2004, 01:54 AM
It's all relative.

Plane 1 has naisircs, lunatics, and csetairi. Fu is somewhat effective on lunatics (not terribly efficient, but I suppose you can throw it and then snipe an eye), useless against csetairi (MB of 450+), and it takes about 25-30 seconds to kill a naisirc. Honestly, it'd be easier to be a COL archer and just go after csetairi and lunatics.

Plane 2 has caedera, seraceris, and Vvrael witches. Fu isn't much good against caedera or witches, but it does work on seraceris okay. 1/3 creatures; then again, most people skip this plane anyway.

Plane 3 has aivren, Vvrael warlocks, and n'ecare. Fu is useless against aivren and warlocks, but does kick n'ecare butt. However, again it'd be easier just to be a COL archer and snipe.

Plane 4 introduces you to lost souls. I actually didn't make it that far before I rejoined COL, so I'm just going to assume that fu works alright against them.

Based on my experiences, however, killing undead with Fu took anywhere from 20-40 seconds, depending on number of creatures in the room, luck, and current level. Killing something using ambush or sniping never took more than 20.