PDA

View Full Version : Existing t5 value

Lord Orbstar
03-14-2017, 12:13 PM
What is a fair value for t5 ensorcell? I.e. 10x item plain vs a 10x item with T5

Maerit
03-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Not a ton. It usually adds less value than it cost to get done. You may be able to get around half of the cost to ensorcell back. Extremely difficult / impossible to ensorcell items will see better values from the ensorcelling. I.E. getting a claidhmore ensorcelled will greatly increase the value of the claidhmore (provided the claidhmore is actually worth ensorcelling) as that requires a special merchant service to accomplish that is rarely offered, and often restricted. 10x items are actually pretty "easy" to ensorcell (and by easy I mean a capped sorcerer player with enhancives can likely do all the tiers with relatively low rate of failure), so I would not expect it to majorly impact the value. Now a 10x item with significant weighting / padding that requires a sorcerer extraordinaire to fixskills into a special set of skills with max enhancives may actually bring value to the item.

Your average 10x (blessable / flaring) item would probably cost around 2mil per necroweek. It takes 10 weeks of necro energy to ensorcell something from T0 to T5. On a 10x weapon, that will cost roughly 20mil. From market experience, you may be able to recover 10mil possibly 15mil of that cost due to the market value of 10x items - but usually not all of the cost.

Viekn
03-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Not a ton. It usually adds less value than it cost to get done. You may be able to get around half of the cost to ensorcell back. Extremely difficult / impossible to ensorcell items will see better values from the ensorcelling. I.E. getting a claidhmore ensorcelled will greatly increase the value of the claidhmore (provided the claidhmore is actually worth ensorcelling) as that requires a special merchant service to accomplish that is rarely offered, and often restricted. 10x items are actually pretty "easy" to ensorcell (and by easy I mean a capped sorcerer player with enhancives can likely do all the tiers with relatively low rate of failure), so I would not expect it to majorly impact the value. Now a 10x item with significant weighting / padding that requires a sorcerer extraordinaire to fixskills into a special set of skills with max enhancives may actually bring value to the item.

Your average 10x (blessable / flaring) item would probably cost around 2mil per necroweek. It takes 10 weeks of necro energy to ensorcell something from T0 to T5. On a 10x weapon, that will cost roughly 20mil. From market experience, you may be able to recover 10mil possibly 15mil of that cost due to the market value of 10x items - but usually not all of the cost.

That being said, don't ensorcell something to T5 you plan on turning around and selling. I believe it's easier to get the value back out of ensorcelling an item to T1 or T2, because if my plan is to buy it and take it to a T5, you took care of the first one or two tiers for me. Anything more than that and the cost for ensorcelling it significantly adds to what you spent to get it there and you are increasingly unlikely to recoup those costs once you go to sell it.

khorpulent
03-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Not a ton. It usually adds less value than it cost to get done. You may be able to get around half of the cost to ensorcell back. Extremely difficult / impossible to ensorcell items will see better values from the ensorcelling.

This sounds pretty accurate to me, though I'd say that half the cost is probably on the optimistic side.

Lord Orbstar
03-14-2017, 01:46 PM
Thank you for your thoughtful responses

Justice
03-14-2017, 01:51 PM
It's like buying a new car, as soon as you drive off the lot you lose half the value on it. Same with ensorcell, as soon as you get it done and take possession of it, cut in half for resale value.