PDA

View Full Version : New Moderators

Pages : [1] 2

Kranar
03-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Hey guys, as you know most of the mods/admins who helped build this site over the past two decades have left or are inactive (including myself to be honest) and while for the most part things have been fine, there was a recent wave of spam and trolling in the Merchant's Market folder that needed to be dealt with quickly and which I did not have time to take care of. SashaFierce offered to help out to take care of it and I accepted their offer. Unfortunately however, I failed to provide any guidance or advice to SashaFierce regarding the role/responsibilities as I would have done so in the past for other mods and as a result things quickly ballooned out of control. SashaFierce has been respectful in stepping down as a moderator as a result of this but it has made clear the need for a new wave of moderators and potentially a new admin to help keep the site clean, especially during periods where a new member joins and decides to create issues for everyone.

As I am not very active I would like to leave it you guys to pick 2 new moderators for the site. You may nominate such members in this thread and afterwards I will post up a poll to select them. The poll will strictly be for guidance but it is my hope that after the nomination process we come away with 2 members who have the clear and overwhelming majority support of the community. Depending on how this process goes we will then use it to nominate additional moderators for the forums.

velderan
03-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Ardwen and Whirlin

BriarFox
03-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Thanks for popping in and clearing things up, Kranar. There were quite a few conspiracy theories flying around.

ylandra
03-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Ardwen, Whirlin, Durakar

SashaFierce
03-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Ardwen and Whirlin

Donquix
03-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Ardwen and Whirlin

Well now we can't trust Ardwen and Whirlin either. Great, it's all tainted now.

Stolis
03-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Would recommend someone familiar with VBulletin as well. There are Spam-O-Matic features that I'm not sure are paid for or can just be added to the site, that would cut down on a lot of your spam a well as IP ban the users.

I'd just recommend someone who's level headed, and not a d-bag. Or if they are a d-bag, at least let them be someone who acts slowly and not just drops the hammer on people for little/no reason.

Luntz
03-06-2017, 03:02 PM
I'd say Ardwen/Durakar just because I see them as more active in the merchant folder than Whirlin, but all solid suggestions. Also Alastir shouldn't get a vote and should stfu 5ever

Ltlprprincess
03-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Me!

But if not me, Ardwen and Durakar.

That Whirlin is a shady character, and so is his bow. Never trust a person shorter than you whose feet are bigger and hairier than yours.

velderan
03-06-2017, 03:05 PM
stfu 5ever

which is one more than 4ever so is more serious!

SashaFierce
03-06-2017, 03:07 PM
I'd say Ardwen/Durakar just because I see them as more active in the merchant folder than Whirlin, but all solid suggestions. Also Alastir shouldn't get a vote and should stfu 5ever

Maybe once new moderators are put in place there can be a discussion about what type of content should be moderated, such as harassment. It's pretty well known that some people refuse to use the PC because of the vitriol spewed by some of it's unsavory posters.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Whirlin is a good choice as long as he doesn't wave his epeen around in the politics folder (more than usual anyway.)

I don't have much opinion about Ardwen but some people I trust seem to trust him so I'm okay with him too.

Zaigh
03-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Ardwen and Whirlin are solid choices. And since my name came up, I'd step up to the plate if offered the position - I am usually around a computer in some form or another if I'm awake.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Also, who the hell is Durakar?

Zaigh
03-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Also, who the hell is Durakar?

Me

Tisket
I think mods have to be posters that have been around longer than five minutes.

Methais
I promise to moderate nothing if I were selected.

I nominate Tgo01 and time4fun to moderate the politics folder. :lol:

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Me

That doesn't tell me anything. I mean why are you being nominated. I don't remember anything about your posts here.

Mogonis
No hammers need to be dropped. We just need to remove spam threads and let people do their thing. That's why the PC works so well. It's why SF did not work well.

I doubt I would get the votes, but I am willing to be a moderator and would do the exact opposite of SashaFierce. I don't give a shit about anyone's information. I check the PC just about all day on my phone and at home.

SashaFierce
I think mods have to be posters that have been around longer than five minutes.

He's been around a while. Durakar has always been a stand up person.

Donquix
03-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Whirlin is a good choice as long as he doesn't wave his epeen around in the politics folder (more than usual anyway.)

I don't have much opinion about Ardwen but some people I trust seem to trust him so I'm okay with him too.

People can be dickwaving shitbags as long as they don't abuse the mod powers in doing so.

Donquix
03-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Gotta love gemstone / PC time scale.

Registered for 6 years with 2000 posts and it's like "wtf, who is this fucking noob?"

Taernath
03-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Ardwen and Whirlin

Tisket
He's been around a while. Durakar has always been a stand up person.

Maybe I'd be more familiar with him if I ever spent time in the merchant folder.

Zaigh
That doesn't tell me anything. I mean why are you being nominated. I don't remember anything about your posts here.

Mostly I stick to the Merchant's Market and Events forums, I've done posts updating what raffles were going on at festivals and when they were firing off. Made a map or two for Narost, and generally try not to stick my head into a wasp's nest of trouble.

Stumplicker
My vote goes to whoever makes the campaign promise to get rid of Alastir permanently for his many abuses of the smallest amount of power ever afforded to anyone, and for attempting to whitewash his history of being the exact sort of problem person he was elevated to moderator to address.

Tisket
Gotta love gemstone / PC time scale.

Registered for 6 years with 2000 posts and it's like "wtf, who is this fucking noob?"

lol

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:14 PM
My vote goes to whoever makes the campaign promise to get rid of Alastir permanently for his many abuses of the smallest amount of power ever afforded to anyone, and for attempting to whitewash his history of being the exact sort of problem person he was elevated to moderator to address.

Oh get the fuck over it. It's done. It's being corrected. Why should he slink off now. It's a fucking internet forum.

Ltlprprincess
03-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Mostly I stick to the Merchant's Market and Events forums, I've done posts updating what raffles were going on at festivals and when they were firing off. Made a map or two for Narost, and generally try not to stick my head into a wasp's nest of trouble.

Ahem, he also discovered how to source rep, so there's that?

horibu
03-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Ardwen/Whirlin for mod
Tillmen for admin?

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:16 PM
People can be dickwaving shitbags as long as they don't abuse the mod powers in doing so.

My post was in direct response to a joking rep comment Whirlin left me about what he'd do if he were a mod.

Donquix
03-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Ahem, he also discovered how to source rep, so there's that?

That was a good day.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Ardwen/Whirlin for mod
Tillmen for admin?

Oh yeah, Tillmen would be great as admin.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Elvenlady and Motley Crew would make good mods. Very active in the game.

Astray
03-06-2017, 03:23 PM
I'd be a great mod. Mainly because I'd build a wall.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:24 PM
EDIT: It was pointed out that this was a stupid nomination so I withdraw it.

Mogonis
I thought about Tillmen as admin as well. He can already steal our identities if he wanted, and he seems pretty busy, so it'd be perfect for him.

megadeth
Ardwen and Whirlin

+1

Donquix
03-06-2017, 03:25 PM
I'd be a great mod. Mainly because I'd build a wall.

We're going to build a firewall. And we're going to make Sasha Fierce pay for it.

Neovik1
03-06-2017, 03:26 PM
We're going to build a firewall. And we're going to make Sasha Fierce pay for it.

It's going to be HUGE!

Jhynnifer
I would also vote for Ardwen and Whirlin.

velderan
Rofl, neg rep is funny

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Basically anyone who understands that I will tell them to fuck off just as often after they get mod status as before they get it, is okay by me.

Taar
03-06-2017, 03:27 PM
+1
Ardwen/Whirlin for mod
Tillmen for admin

Astray
03-06-2017, 03:32 PM

No no no. We'll get Simutronics to pay for it and Wyrom will quality check it. It'll be great. The greatest firewall ever built.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:34 PM

Fixed this error of judgement. Stop scolding me via rep!

lol

Luftstreitkräfte
03-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Tillmen for Admin. Ardwen/Whirlin for mods please.

Taernath
03-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Has Tillmen expressed an interest? Wouldn't mind him up there as well.

Ososis
03-06-2017, 03:48 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=edCqF_NtpOQ

Luftstreitkräfte
03-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Has Tillmen expressed an interest? Wouldn't mind him up there as well.

If Wyrom is LORD, Tillmen is like fetal Jesus. So he probably is. Also donate via tillmen@lichproject.org

Tgo01
03-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Tgo01 and Tgo01.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Tgo01 and Tgo01.

I'm worried that would open the door to extremely liberal posters! Equal time etc.

Allereli
03-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Ardwen, Zaigh (Durakar), and Velfi if they want a thankless shit job

SonoftheNorth
03-06-2017, 03:54 PM
I actually wouldn't mind tgo01 all jokes aside while he has strong opinions on politics etc I don't think itd interfere with his mod duties. He never bans people from spell ups etc if they argue with him on the pc. Also yes to tillmen whirlin ardwen

Tisket
03-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I actually think Tg01 would pull back from debating politics as much if he was a mod. At least for a while.

chalion
03-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Tillmen/ardwen/whirlin

Stumplicker
03-06-2017, 03:57 PM
I actually wouldn't mind tgo01 all jokes aside while he has strong opinions on politics etc I don't think itd interfere with his mod duties. He never bans people from spell ups etc if they argue with him on the pc. Also yes to tillmen whirlin ardwen

Dreaven is far too partisanly involved in too many things to ever be looked at as an impartial moderator, whether or not he actually moderated impartially. A lot of posters, myself included fit that description. That's why Ardwen is such a good choice. He doesn't and has never participated in any of the shit flinging, and he's widely regarded as a trustworthy person.

Tgo01
03-06-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm going to ban people from Dreavenings if they don't support me for mod.

See how impartial I am?

SonoftheNorth
Dreaven is far too partisanly involved in too many things to ever be looked at as an impartial moderator, whether or not he actually moderated impartially. A lot of posters, myself included fit that description. That's why Ardwen is such a good choice. He doesn't and has never participated in any of the shit flinging, and he's widely regarded as a trustworthy person.

Ban this man from spellups.

Whirlin
I'm going to ban people from Dreavenings if they don't support me for mod.

See how impartial I am?
'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

Stumplicker
03-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Ban this man from spellups.

I say SO much worse at the actual Dreavenings.

Wrathbringer
03-06-2017, 04:08 PM
I think wrathbringer would be good.

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Ardwen for sure.

Absolutely Tisket.

I would also go for Tillman, but I don't think he's that active.

Gelston
03-06-2017, 04:12 PM
No one.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Ardwen for sure.

Absolutely Tisket.

I would also go for Tillman, but I don't think he's that active.

Why do you hate me??

SashaFierce
03-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Oh get the fuck over it. It's done. It's being corrected. Why should he slink off now. It's a fucking internet forum.

Stumplicker/Wesley is just angry that his plans to have everyone move from the PC to his new forums are falling apart. One of his first posts on the new forum was, maybe we shouldn't announce the new forum so we don't get the undesirable people from the PC who no longer play but just post to be mean to each other.

Starting this thread just to voice a potential concern. I'm not a moderator here, nor an admin, so feel free to make up your own minds about it, but I think it would be prudent to share the new url for the forums, crystalamulet.com, as you know since you're here, in game only.

In my opinion, the majority of the trouble elements of the PC were players who quit long ago and just hung around to be horrible to one another. Again, in my opinion, sharing the new URL on the PC would just invite those elements over here to cause trouble.

I think the best way to encourage the migration is to just keep doing what we're doing, make in game announcements, switch our merchanting threads over here, and let people migrate slowly as they realize that this is where everything's being bought and sold now. Least headaches involved for everyone that way.

I don't exactly know why he's not liked, but he was very insistent that people stop using the PC.

Stumplicker
03-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Stumplicker/Wesley is just angry that his plans to have everyone move from the PC to his new forums are falling apart. One of his first posts on the new forum was, maybe we shouldn't announce the new forum so we don't get the undesirable people from the PC who no longer play but just post to be mean to each other.

I don't exactly know why he's not liked, but he was very insistent that people stop using the PC.

I don't have any new forums.

Taernath
03-06-2017, 04:20 PM
No one.

No mods, no masters.

Until you need someone banned and Kranar isn't responding.

Gelston
03-06-2017, 04:21 PM
No mods, no masters.

Until you need someone banned and Kranar isn't responding.

I never need anything banned.

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 04:22 PM
I don't have any new forums.

LOL..wut?

Are you denying you also post under "Wesley"?

Please say yes... because that would be awesome.

Maerit
03-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Why hasn't anyone nominated macgyver yet??

Astray
03-06-2017, 04:23 PM
The only reason I ever pushed (made sarcastic comments, more like) about moderation is because sometimes shit just gets out of hand and idiots need a good slap.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 04:24 PM

He's a thin-skinned cunt who uses too many words to make unoriginal points.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 04:27 PM
LOL..wut?

Are you denying you also post under "Wesley"?

Please say yes... because that would be awesome.

I think he's trying to imply that it isn't a new forum. He likes to stretch the truth.

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 04:28 PM
I think he's trying to imply that it isn't a new forum. He likes to stretch the truth.

Oh, his old shitty one.. but he's going to promise to upgrade it today to accommodate the heavy traffic from here!

Thank you Wesley! You saved the day again!

Tisket
03-06-2017, 04:29 PM
lol

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, as you know most of the mods/admins who helped build this site over the past two decades have left or are inactive (including myself to be honest) and while for the most part things have been fine, there was a recent wave of spam and trolling in the Merchant's Market folder that needed to be dealt with quickly and which I did not have time to take care of. SashaFierce offered to help out to take care of it and I accepted their offer. Unfortunately however, I failed to provide any guidance or advice to SashaFierce regarding the role/responsibilities as I would have done so in the past for other mods and as a result things quickly ballooned out of control. SashaFierce has been respectful in stepping down as a moderator as a result of this but it has made clear the need for a new wave of moderators and potentially a new admin to help keep the site clean, especially during periods where a new member joins and decides to create issues for everyone.

As I am not very active I would like to leave it you guys to pick 2 new moderators for the site. You may nominate such members in this thread and afterwards I will post up a poll to select them. The poll will strictly be for guidance but it is my hope that after the nomination process we come away with 2 members who have the clear and overwhelming majority support of the community. Depending on how this process goes we will then use it to nominate additional moderators for the forums.

I'm not sure about others but I know I have emailed you in the past over the absence of mods as well as suggestions for replacements (Fallen + Whirlin). Do you know longer have the kranar@hotmail.com?

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 04:31 PM

You suggested PB didn't you

SonoftheNorth
03-06-2017, 04:31 PM

Which one are you talking about.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 04:32 PM
You suggested PB didn't you

No, I was trying to suggest more women since nobody else was. I'd be okay with PB in the role though. If for no other reason than to watch the tears of liberal rage fall.

Gelston
03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
No, I was trying to suggest more women since nobody else was. I'd be okay with PB in the role though. If for no other reason than to watch the tears of liberal rage fall.

You suggested time4fun didn't you?

Tisket
Which one are you talking about.

I see what you did there.

SonoftheNorth

Hot female mods with tig bitties

Tisket
03-06-2017, 04:34 PM
You suggested time4fun didn't you?

God no. We don't need humorless idiots with mod status.

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Allereli? I think she'd be a good choice and it would be fun to watch the conservatives throw a fit.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Allereli? I think she'd be a good choice and it would be fun to watch the conservatives throw a fit.

Donquix
03-06-2017, 04:49 PM

a hugely liberal mod and a hugely conservative mod get reign over the politics folder, but they alternate who is in charge every 4 days.

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Whoever Kranar puts in place, a moderator is not needed to steer conversations or to tell us we're off topic or anything of the sort. Mod is needed to take out spam and be the liaison between Kranar and this community.

We don't need demerits, we don't need to be scolded.. just clear out the spam and not be noticed.

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 04:58 PM

God no.

And this isn't a "fit".

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
God no.

And this isn't a "fit".

Ahah, yeah, you and the other hardcore conservatives would most certainly bitch.

Thanos
03-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Ardwen = Merchant Market Mod, arguably the most sensitive and active folder.

Whirlin = Class and General Gemstone Folders

Zaigh = For everything else

Prefer a demarcation of forum duties by folder because it can get messy with two or more mods driving one folder or the whole forums.

mgoddess
03-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Ardwen, Whirlin, Zaigh(Durakar)

macgyver
03-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Please LORD KRANAR! Give me the Off-Topic forum just that one forum... PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!

http://rsmg.pbsrc.com/albums/v344/IdOlFaNaTiC89/GIF%20folder/ianbeg.gif~c200

Tisket
03-06-2017, 05:22 PM
SF dinged the PC. You as mod would kill it.

We are not quite that bulletproof.

SashaFierce
03-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Whoever Kranar puts in place, a moderator is not needed to steer conversations or to tell us we're off topic or anything of the sort. Mod is needed to take out spam and be the liaison between Kranar and this community.

We don't need demerits, we don't need to be scolded.. just clear out the spam and not be noticed.

I wouldn't mind some moderation when it comes to the merchant folders. There should be a small amount of civility required. I don't care about politics or any of the other places but when people post your IP address and say, hope you don't get killed. Followed by Stunseed saying, you deserve whatever you get... Keep the crazy people in check somewhat.

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Who is Zaigh/Durokar?

Taernath
03-06-2017, 05:30 PM
For real though, this alt army of macgyver needs to be cleared out.

Mogonis
03-06-2017, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't mind some moderation when it comes to the merchant folders. There should be a small amount of civility required. I don't care about politics or any of the other places but when people post your IP address and say, hope you don't get killed. Followed by Stunseed saying, you deserve whatever you get... Keep the crazy people in check somewhat.
The stuff you're talking about doesn't happen regularly in the merchant forum. It was clearly an isolated situation in a specific thread about a specific moderator.

Ltlprprincess
03-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Who is Zaigh/Durokar?

My fiance.

Mogonis
Anyway, I told you Kranar was ziplining in New Zealand!

Tisket
My fiance.

Oh, I've dealt with him via PM. He'd be fine.

SonoftheNorth
03-06-2017, 05:34 PM
My fiance.

So you'd also basically be a mod.

Ososis
03-06-2017, 05:35 PM
For real though, this alt army of macgyver needs to be cleared out.

I always find it gross when he gives titles to regular people. "Lord Wyrom! Lord Kranar! I can smell your insides!"
Adding "kiss ass" to the list of things MacGyver is terrible at, above being a troll and below being a person.

InSplrE
03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Nominate Tisket for Social Forums. PB and Time4Fun duo for Politics. Ardwen for merchant. Zaigh for Gemstone related stuff including acting as our liaison to Wyrom.

Ltlprprincess
03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
So you'd also basically be a mod.

Nah, honestly, I don't care enough.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Nominate Tisket for Social Forums. PB and Time4Fun duo for Politics. Ardwen for merchant. Zaigh for Gemstone related stuff including acting as our liaison to Wyrom.

My first act would be to ban you for nominating me.

Jhynnifer
03-06-2017, 05:39 PM

Tisket would be the most hilarious moderator ever.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 05:40 PM
I hate you all.

InSplrE
03-06-2017, 05:42 PM
TISKET AS SOCIAL FORUM MOD

https://images.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_470,q_auto:good,w_620/p2ha6snhhvwn7stj5bt0.jpg

SashaFierce
03-06-2017, 05:44 PM
TISKET AS SOCIAL FORUM MOD

https://images.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_470,q_auto:good,w_620/p2ha6snhhvwn7stj5bt0.jpg

I hate that you actually make me laugh.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 05:45 PM
I want dining room chairs modeled after that throne.

Axhinde
03-06-2017, 05:59 PM
I want dining room chairs modeled after that throne.

Just saw a commercial for GoT themed drinking mugs.

"Drink like a wildling."

I'd rather drink like Tyrion

Astray
03-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Tisket would be a terribleeeeeeeee fun mod! Yeaaaaah, Tisket for Mod President.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Get ready to be banned, buddy.

Astray
03-06-2017, 06:10 PM
I am at half-chub with anticipation.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 06:11 PM
That will be my campaign motto:

"Time outs for everyone!"

SonoftheNorth
03-06-2017, 06:12 PM
That will be my campaign motto:

"Tit's out for everyone!" Fixed

Tisket
03-06-2017, 06:12 PM
lol

Tisket
03-06-2017, 06:16 PM
No seriously, I can't be mod because I don't want to replace my cool title with the much less cool "Moderator" title.

Fuck that shit.

Mogonis
03-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Fixed
You really need to learn how to use apostrophes!

<twitch>

SonoftheNorth
03-06-2017, 06:27 PM

<twitch>

Guilty.

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 06:27 PM

<twitch>

First order of business around here is to give you the title Grammer Police.

Stumplicker
03-06-2017, 06:28 PM
G'ui'lty.

Fixed that for you.

Mogonis
03-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Why did you have to sneak that in there? WHY

Gelston
03-06-2017, 06:56 PM
I'd throw rocks at Tisket

Tisket
03-06-2017, 06:58 PM
I'd throw rocks at Tisket

Just for that, I nominate Gelston.

He enjoys playing internet sheriff so let's make it official!

Gelston
03-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Just for that, I nominate Gelston.

He enjoys playing internet sheriff so let's make it official!

I wouldn't moderate shit and I'd let spam bots take over.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't moderate shit and I'd let spam bots take over.

You sound like the perfect mod to me.

Mogonis
03-06-2017, 07:00 PM
If I'm a moderator, I'm banning everyone and requiring you give me something containing krodera to have your username unbanned.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Anyone who wants to become mod can get my vote by promising to give Gelly the title, "Internet Sheriff"

Jhynnifer
03-06-2017, 07:04 PM
G'ui'lty.
Fixed that for you.

I read that and immediately wondered if his PC was in OT or something.

drauz
03-06-2017, 07:05 PM

<twitch>

http://i.imgur.com/Wa5tOWn.gif

Tisket
03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Ahah, yeah, you and the other hardcore conservatives would most certainly bitch.

Incorrect. I suggested Warriorbird would make a good mod. It isn't someone's political stance that I might object to, it's their tendency to be batshit insane.

Peppwyn
03-06-2017, 07:07 PM
You're never going to get a nice friendly forum when you introduce a politics folder.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 07:08 PM
You're never going to get a nice friendly forum when you introduce a politics folder.

We weren't a nice friendly forum before the politics folder was created.

SonoftheNorth
03-06-2017, 07:09 PM
If I'm a moderator, I'm banning everyone and requiring you give me something containing krodera to have your username unbanned.
kro'dera

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Incorrect. I suggested Warriorbird would make a good mod. It isn't someone's political stance that I might object to, it's their tendency to be batshit insane.

I'd be on the fence with that pick. Generally seems like a good dude, when he's not trolling.

Wrathbringer
03-06-2017, 07:11 PM
I just want to be in the poll.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 07:14 PM

Fine, if it will make you happy: I nominate Wrathbringer (anyone that actually votes for him can expect a ninja attack in the middle of the night. I know people.)

Ltlprprincess

So needy...

Mogonis
Fine, if it will make you happy: I nominate Wrathbringer (anyone that actually votes for him can expect a ninja attack in the middle of the night. I know people.)
Is one of the ninjas you? Can we make reservations?

Tisket
03-06-2017, 07:15 PM

lolol

Wrathbringer
03-06-2017, 07:18 PM

Thank you, Tisket. When I win I promise to give everyone shart related titles.

Androidpk
03-06-2017, 07:20 PM

When she knocks on your door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGMbRRBMKt4

The Ref
Fine, I'll do it.

Tisket
@ pk: haha

Donquix
03-06-2017, 07:28 PM
We should all get a giftbox item for surviving this ordeal in game.

A fierce looking troll pin

-40 wisdom, -40 influence, -40 intuition

Lasts forever.

Gelston
03-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Anyone who wants to become mod can get my vote by promising to give Gelly the title, "Internet Sheriff"

My title is an Anticor Original, ho.

drauz
03-06-2017, 07:56 PM
My title is an Anticor Original, ho.

should be "Rusty Sheriff's Badge"

Methais
03-06-2017, 07:59 PM
If Tisket sends me her nudes I won't nominate her.

time4fun running the politics folder sounds like it would be entertaining as fuck until you realize 80% of it got deleted and the rest were links to Politifact. Because it says fact right there in the name.

Ardwen and Whirlin would be ok with me. Mogonis too.

And Tillmen for admin since he just sits around doing nothing all day long and I'm sure is looking for something to occupy his mountains of free time with.

Basically whoever would give the least amount of fucks about non-spam related shit. Basically they would need to be the total opposite of HarmNone.

What kind of contest can we have to determine who gives the least amount of fucks?

Besides me of course. I'd be an awesome mod because I'd be too lazy to do anything. I got hit up a long time ago to be a mod but said no because I was too lazy then too. That might have been on thespot, I can't remember.

Gelston
03-06-2017, 08:02 PM
If Tisket sends me her nudes I won't nominate her.

time4fun running the politics folder sounds like it would be entertaining as fuck until you realize 80% of it got deleted and the rest were links to Politifact. Because it says fact right there in the name.

Ardwen and Whirlin would be ok with me. Mogonis too.

And Tillmen for admin since he just sits around doing nothing all day long and I'm sure is looking for something to occupy his mountains of free time with.

Basically whoever would give the least fucks about non-spam related shit. Basically they would need to be the total opposite of HarmNone.

What kind of contest can we have to determine who gives the least fucks?

I would give so few fucks that I'd let spam bots do their thing. Bots are people too.

BigWorm
03-06-2017, 08:05 PM
To throw some more names out there, I think that Fallen, Riltus, m444w, and Archigeek would be good options if they are interested.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 08:09 PM
I think Fallen would be good because he's not very impulsively reactive. I wouldn't expect him to be heavy handed.

drauz
03-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Here is my stance on most everything.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/02993ffc4c9c001a817128f586d71967/tumblr_ntwkp2XmqX1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Neveragain
03-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Will you guys knock it off, it's impossible to keep up with the politics posts with all this nonsense.

[shifty eyes]

Mogonis
03-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Here is my stance on most everything.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/02993ffc4c9c001a817128f586d71967/tumblr_ntwkp2XmqX1tq4of6o1_500.gif

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d7/d748d4018cb471d357409c9306477a336645cce5cfa2bf8618 95546983b07703.jpg

Wrathbringer
03-06-2017, 08:27 PM
I think Fallen would be good because he's not very impulsively reactive. I wouldn't expect him to be heavy handed.

+1. #NeverArdwen

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 08:30 PM

I couldn't disagree more. If I were to suggest a liberal, I would say Kembal, Whirlin and Archgeek would make far better moderators.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 08:33 PM
I couldn't disagree more. If I were to suggest a liberal, I would say Kembal, Whirlin and Archgeek would make far better moderators.

I didn't expect you'd agree with Warriorbird as mod. I mean, I'm not insane. Not much anyway.

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 08:34 PM

Not active enough.. at least on the Fallen login account.

http://i.imgur.com/UwN9ous.gif

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 08:36 PM
I didn't expect you'd agree with Warriorbird as mod. I mean, I'm not insane. Not much anyway.

I would say I would be a bad moderator too.. so it's nothing personal.

Warriorbird would be like Harmnone 2.0.. shit would go to his head.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 08:37 PM

You do have to admit that Warriorbird and Fallen aren't likely to go apeshit and delete posts and threads or exhibit other traits that are less than desirable in a moderator.

Tisket
03-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Maybe I just live in a fantasy land bubble :(

Donquix
03-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Maybe I just live in a fantasy land bubble :(

we already knew you were conservative. you don't have to remind us :D

Tisket
03-06-2017, 08:46 PM
haha, touche

Parkbandit
03-06-2017, 09:03 PM
You do have to admit that Warriorbird and Fallen aren't likely to go apeshit and delete posts and threads or exhibit other traits that are less than desirable in a moderator.

If that is the measurement you go by to pick a new moderator.. the only one I would say would do something that stupid is SF.

ETA: Klaive too.. and probably Wesley just because he's so gung ho for people to join his forums so he can play admin.

Neveragain
03-06-2017, 09:33 PM
If that is the measurement you go by to pick a new moderator.. the only one I would say would do something that stupid is SF.

ETA: Klaive too.. and probably Wesley just because he's so gung ho for people to join his forums so he can play admin.

No idea why anyone would want to admin, swimming in shit sounds more inviting

drauz
03-06-2017, 09:59 PM
I'd do it. Wyrom loves my jifs, so we already have a good rapport. I won't tell him anything about you! I also won't do much of anything else. Vote for the laziness you know!

Vote drauz for student body president. Why? Because I heard those other guys made fun of you!

Tisket
03-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Too bad a mod can't be assigned to single threads. I'd vote for you to moderate the gif threads.

Mogonis
03-06-2017, 10:18 PM
jifs
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1209805/3286ac7f9fc4028fa5c5b3337dbe6630_width_600x.jpg

Wyrom
03-06-2017, 10:22 PM
http://curiousfridays.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/pbjtime.gif

Donquix
03-06-2017, 10:35 PM
http://curiousfridays.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/pbjtime.gif

You're a monster.

Tyronebiggums
03-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Too bad a mod can't be assigned to single threads. I'd vote for you to moderate the gif threads.

He basically does it now already

BigWorm
03-06-2017, 10:44 PM

Maybe. But I think it is also important to keep in mind that posting a bunch isn't the only way to be active on the forums.

JNewhall
03-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Ardwen, Whirlin, or ClydeR

Mogonis
03-06-2017, 10:53 PM
ClydeR
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535

macgyver
03-06-2017, 11:02 PM
You know when you feel around with your fingers inside your girl's vagina against the wall separating it from the anus and feel bumps... is that her poop? am I feeling her poop through her vagina?

Nathala Crane
03-06-2017, 11:06 PM
You know when you feel around with your fingers inside your girl's vagina against the wall separating it from the anus and feel bumps... is that her poop? am I feeling her poop through her vagina?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/16715/3033870-wat.jpg

drauz
03-06-2017, 11:12 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HoUwFYB.gif

Rikus
03-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Clearly Methais should be the moderator maybe even have Wyrom make him a CO-APM as well.

Fortybox
03-06-2017, 11:19 PM
Admin:
Tillmen4lyfe

Moderaters:
Ardwen for sure (even though he is a big whiny liberal)
Tisket - because she is awesome and posts like everywhere

Ban List:
SashaFierce - because you can't trust him and he is a turd
Macgayver - because he is annoying
time4fun - because in all my years playing GS, I've never met such an idiotic, liberal, radical, penis collecting, vegan know-it-all with 8,576 PhD's

Astray
03-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Ban List:
time4fun - because in all my years playing GS, I've never met such an idiotic, liberal, radical, penis collecting, vegan know-it-all with 8,576 PhD's
Invalid options. A rule needs to be broken to ban them.

Neveragain
03-06-2017, 11:21 PM

You're doing it wrong, just say'n.

Fortybox
03-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Invalid options. A rule needs to be broken to ban them.

They broke my rules. Does that count?

Astray
03-06-2017, 11:25 PM
They broke my rules. Does that count?

No, bad Forty. Bad.

Fortybox
03-06-2017, 11:27 PM
No, bad Forty. Bad.

This is why I could never be a mod.

Astray
03-06-2017, 11:28 PM
This is why I could never be a mod.

It's okay.

Fallen
03-06-2017, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. I'm not Clyder. Way too much work.

I'd vote for Ardwen for all things merchanting, Whirlin for all things merchanting and GS related, and Tillmen for Lich specifically and as a general backup.

Velfi
03-06-2017, 11:50 PM

I'd vote for Ardwen for all things merchanting, Whirlin for all things merchanting and GS related, and Tillmen for Lich specifically and as a general backup.

Whatever you say Harden.

http://i.imgur.com/MPWletg.gif

Tisket
03-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Admin:
Tillmen4lyfe

Moderaters:
Ardwen for sure (even though he is a big whiny liberal)
Tisket - because she is awesome and posts like everywhere

Ban List:

Did you just call me a post whore?

lol

Geijon Khyree
03-07-2017, 12:03 AM
I joined in 2009. I've rarely seen a need to moderate much outside of 2011. We can get heated in some things, but it's relatively civil around here as far as the internet goes. If we need moderators we're going to need more than 2 or some kind of yearly mechanism to keep two active-ish.

At the same time if I was moderator you take the lazy approach and just do it when necessary then forget. It keeps you aware, but detached from trolling people.

drauz
03-07-2017, 12:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/b8dyrkU.gif

Stumplicker
03-07-2017, 12:12 AM
What makes a man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?!

Velfi
03-07-2017, 12:14 AM
What makes a man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?!

Maybe he's Swiss.

Stumplicker
03-07-2017, 12:15 AM
Maybe he's Swiss.

Kissin' a egg is no kinda style. Feel the rhythm. Feel the rhyme. Get on up. It's bobsled time!

RSR
03-07-2017, 12:15 AM

Exactly the sort of thing ClydeR would say!

Fallen
03-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Exactly the sort of thing ClydeR would say!

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/no_damn_happy_gilmore.gif

Fortybox
03-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Did you just call me a post whore?

lol

My comment was purely intended to connote positive, active participation to the atmosphere of the PC and as such would be ideal for purposes of moderating a forum.

https://i.imgflip.com/19kccs.jpg

Tisket
03-07-2017, 12:25 AM
My comment was purely intended to connote positive, active participation to the atmosphere of the PC and as such would be ideal for purposes of moderating a forum.

https://i.imgflip.com/19kccs.jpg

I just enjoy teasing you. Always have, always will.

Fortybox
03-07-2017, 12:27 AM
I just enjoy teasing you. Always have, always will.

I love being teased. Does that make me a whore?

drauz
03-07-2017, 12:31 AM
I love being teased. Does that make me a whore?

Only if she's paying you. Otherwise you're just a slut giving it up for free.

Tisket
03-07-2017, 12:33 AM
lol

Ravenwood
03-07-2017, 12:50 AM
My vote would be for Whirlin, Methais and Tyrant-201. His choice of forum handle notwithstanding, Ive always found him to be a voice of reason and a calming influence on the political forums.

Ive nothing against Ardwen but I am not sure giving him even more power and influence is a good idea. The man is already worshiped as a God in game as-is.

Fortybox
03-07-2017, 01:19 AM
Only if she's paying you. Otherwise you're just a slut giving it up for free.

Mind is blown:

http://images1.tickld.com/live/697154.jpg

Candor
03-07-2017, 03:58 AM
My choices for moderators would be Ardwen and Whirlin.

Parkbandit
03-07-2017, 07:18 AM
At the same time if I was moderator you take the lazy approach and just do it when necessary then forget. It keeps you aware, but detached from trolling people.

Um, no thanks.

Wrathbringer
03-07-2017, 08:15 AM
My choices for moderators would be Ardwen and Whirlin.

If anyone decides to start caring what you think, we'll let you know. Till then you can stop posting.

Gelston
03-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Candor likes banana bread.

Astray
03-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Candor likes banana bread.

God damn it. I have something in common with Candor.

tacos
03-07-2017, 02:35 PM
do moderators get free tacos?

https://cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com/images/chihuahua-taco-holder.jpg

Zaigh
03-07-2017, 02:36 PM
do moderators get free tacos?

https://cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com/images/chihuahua-taco-holder.jpg

I'd rather have chimichangas

Ltlprprincess
03-07-2017, 02:41 PM

We are so going to get chimichangas when I'm up there now.

Taernath
03-07-2017, 02:45 PM

https://football-40ba.kxcdn.com/images/image/football-soccer-red-card.jpg

Tenlaar
03-08-2017, 02:22 AM

https://media.tenor.co/images/6b0c230df191e95bc6cc02a877768b3f/tenor.gif

Tisket
03-08-2017, 02:26 AM
https://media.tenor.co/images/6b0c230df191e95bc6cc02a877768b3f/tenor.gif

There are worse fates.

drauz
03-08-2017, 02:50 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/23/01/2F93FBDD00000578-3371340-image-m-10_1450834319539.jpg

Warriorbird
03-08-2017, 02:52 AM
I'do support most of the people who didn't nominate themselves, PB included. The goals are mainly to stop spam or severely inappropriate stuff like sharing people's account info. We should be so lucky as to have Tillmen as another admin.

Androidpk
03-08-2017, 02:56 AM
PB included

:lol2:

No

Tenlaar
03-08-2017, 02:57 AM
There are worse fates.

http://images.cdn.starpulse.com/news/bloggers/300409/blog_images/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-mac.jpg

Androidpk
03-08-2017, 02:59 AM
There are worse fates.

https://media.giphy.com/media/4Yd8LkFp0jZew/giphy.gif

Luftstreitkräfte
03-08-2017, 11:11 AM
I'do support most of the people who didn't nominate themselves, PB included. The goals are mainly to stop spam or severely inappropriate stuff like sharing people's account info. We should be so lucky as to have Tillmen as another admin.

Agreed. This method is also most compliant with the leadership selection guidelines of Islam.

Nieninque
03-08-2017, 11:28 AM

GRAMMAR, you fucking illiterate foreigner.

I would say I would be a bad moderator too.. so it's nothing personal.

Warriorbird would be like Harmnone 2.0.. shit would go to his head.

I'd make a great moderator. It would be like colonial rule all over again. Hurrah!

Mogonis
03-08-2017, 11:32 AM
GRAMMAR, you fucking illiterate foreigner.
Whoosh!

Nieninque
03-08-2017, 11:34 AM

To be fair, cunt is a reasonable substitute for most words.

Kranar
03-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I will leave the nomination process open until Sunday and then there will be a round of voting.

Neveragain
03-08-2017, 12:03 PM
I will leave the nomination process open until Sunday and then there will be a round of voting.

Voter fraud will happen. :scared:

Gelston
03-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Calling Putin.

Tisket
03-08-2017, 12:17 PM
I'd make a great moderator. It would be like colonial rule all over again. Hurrah!

I'd vote for you. Among other things.

Gelston
03-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Just give everyone on the board mod powers.

Nieninque
03-08-2017, 12:31 PM
My manifesto pledge is that I would make everyone's title "Cunt"

I'd vote for you. Among other things.

Tisket
03-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Just give everyone on the board mod powers.

We can title the resulting melee, "Deathmatch 2017"

Last one standing wins it all.

Whirlin
03-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Thank you Kranar;
Hopefully when this is all said and done, it will be smooth sailing for you after this headache.

Gelston
03-08-2017, 01:37 PM
It was smooth sailing before Sasha was modded. We don't need any.

InSplrE
03-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Strongly recommend that the votes be made public, just to avoid any potential bullshit that some people may want to try.

Astray
03-08-2017, 01:43 PM
We can title the resulting melee, "Deathmatch 2017"

Last one standing wins it all.

I'm bringing a gun.

Parkbandit
03-08-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm officially removing my name from nomination.

But, in return, I officially nominate SashaFierce as Moderator.

Just because for the past week, this forum has been awesome.

Taernath
03-08-2017, 01:46 PM

Keep an eye on votes coming from the same IP.

Whirlin
03-08-2017, 01:55 PM
I'm bringing a gun.
I'm Mr Rogers.

Gelston
03-08-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm Mr Rogers.

Mr Rogers was not a sniper or a Marine.

Whirlin
03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Mr Rogers was not a sniper or a Marine.
Sorry, I thought you were from the internet. Here's an almost 10 year old video that you missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA

Gelston
03-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Sorry, I thought you were from the internet. Here's an almost 10 year old video that you missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA

I was in Iraq 10 years ago :(

Androidpk
03-08-2017, 03:12 PM
I was in Iraq 10 years ago :(

Who deploys without internet access?

Gelston
03-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Who deploys without internet access?

Everyone but the Air Force.

Astray
03-08-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm Mr Rogers.

Well, I quit.

Androidpk
03-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Everyone but the Air Force.

Peasants

SashaFierce
03-08-2017, 03:42 PM
I'm officially removing my name from nomination.

But, in return, I officially nominate SashaFierce as Moderator.

Just because for the past week, this forum has been awesome.

Thank you for the nomination.

As your Forum Moderator I promise to make the PC Great Again.

Mogonis
03-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Thank you for the nomination.

As your Forum Moderator I promise to make the PC Great Again.

God dammit. We said a week or two, not a day or two.

SashaFierce
03-08-2017, 04:01 PM
God dammit. We said a week or two, not a day or two.

Your feedback has been noted. Thank you.

Mogonis
03-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Your feedback has been noted. Thank you.
I see that you learned absolutely nothing.

Jhynnifer
03-08-2017, 04:38 PM
I see that you learned absolutely nothing.

I kind of lol'd when I read it.