PDA

View Full Version : Happy Martin Luther Thrak's Day!

Drew
12-24-2004, 04:00 AM
See how that's stupid? So is Thrakmas. Just don't do it.

Artha
12-24-2004, 04:20 AM
Preach on.

Soulpieced
12-24-2004, 05:35 AM
I always hated Thrakmas. And yes, I am awake at 5:30.

Nieninque
12-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah, but you think it's bad to call Klaive fat and ugly unless you post your own photo, so what do you know...

Thronsor
03-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Thrakmas never really bothered me. Not enough in game Holidays anyway.

Drew
03-07-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Thronsor
Thrakmas never really bothered me. Not enough in game Holidays anyway.

Big bump, anyway, you must be looking forward to Saint Thrakick's Day then.

theotherjohn
03-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Drew

Big bump, anyway, you must be looking forward to Saint Thrakick's Day then.

that is so horrible I might take a day off from work and spend it in game saying it over and over

Amaron
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
I wish folks would just use the real in game holiday names

Eve of the Reunion
Feast of the Immortals.

I also wish there were more documentation on what they mean and when they started as traditions.

Jo

Edaarin
03-07-2005, 11:05 AM
We don't celebrate that trouble maker's birthday in the South.

rupa
03-11-2005, 03:55 PM
We don't celebrate that trouble maker's birthday in the South.
Oiy...

On a lighter note (no pun intended) wouldn't it be Saint Thraktrick? I'm in total agreement on spending the day in game drinking way too much and hollering "Happy Saint Thraktrick's day!" as often as we have enough control of our text-based faculties to do so (between stumbling and singing drunken verse).

03-11-2005, 03:59 PM
I like it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, just like I ate a kitten.

- Arkans

Kainen
03-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I would love it if there were more in game IC holidays.

Kuyuk
03-12-2005, 08:59 AM
OMG, Thraks R Black?! And we've been hired to kill them all these years!? I knew simu was racists. Fuckers.

K.

Drew
12-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Bump: Tell your friends.

Sean of the Thread
12-07-2005, 03:05 AM
HAYZEUS BAD BUMP

Drew
12-07-2005, 03:25 AM
Relavant! I'm gonna bump it next year too. Gotta spread the word.

Latrinsorm
12-07-2005, 09:13 AM
If I could, I would have the first post in this thread be echoed to anyone who said "Thrakmas" in Gemstone every time.

Edaarin still makes me giggle.

Jayvn
12-07-2005, 10:36 AM
WTF it's Thrakwanzicka

FinisWolf
12-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Doesn't Winter Solstice address this, and if so, then why is there a need for Thrakmas within our gaming enviroment?

I understand folks wish to relate their holiday feelings that are out of the game, and bring them in the game, but I am sure it could be done differently.

:shrug:

Finis

Terminator X
12-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Jayvn
WTF it's Thrakwanzicka

I am imagining...

Thrakmas (miserable OOC GS translation of Christmas) + Kwanzaa + Hannukah = Thrakwanzicka..?

- The Termite

[Edited on 12-8-2005 by Terminator X]

ElanthianSiren
12-07-2005, 08:26 PM
There's a need for Thrakmas simply because of tradition. I think before GMs started naming concrete Elanthian holidays, the players had names of their own, Thrakmas being one of them.

I actually started writing up a story/lore for Thrakmas one year that I considered handing in for consideration to help smooth over this irritation. I never finished it though.

-M

Celephais
12-07-2005, 08:57 PM
I like Massive Luther King day better...
And Thraksgiving...
and we'd all sing "I'm dreaming of a wight carcerismas... "
and people who are in the "other" society would celebrate hobgoblaunukkah, when a single hours worth of massies lasted eight.

Edit:I can't spell hebrewish words

[Edited on 12-8-2005 by Celephais]

Jayvn
12-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Terminator X

Originally posted by Jayvn
WTF it's Thrakwanzicka

I am imagining...

Thrakmas (miserable OOC GS translation of Christmas) + Kwanzaa + Hannukah = Thrakwanzicka..?

- The Termite

yes.

Terminator X
12-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
There's a need for Thrakmas simply because of tradition. I think before GMs started naming concrete Elanthian holidays, the players had names of their own, Thrakmas being one of them.

I actually started writing up a story/lore for Thrakmas one year that I considered handing in for consideration to help smooth over this irritation. I never finished it though.

-M

I did not mean to offend! :-X

tx

ElanthianSiren
12-07-2005, 11:09 PM
You didn't at all; I didn't even see your post until after I had posted.

My take on it is this: You can't just REMOVE something from the popular culture of gemstone; that's a logistical nightmare. Does it suck that Thrakmas was established by some ignorant players? Hell yes. Since you can't remove it without disturbing tradition, however, the better way seems to be to incorporate it into tradition with something that is uniquely Elanthian, as people will continue giving gifts around that time anyway.

No offense taken tomato man :D

-M

FinisWolf
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
LMAO

Tomato man ... :lol:

Finis

FinisWolf
12-09-2005, 08:00 PM
[Rocksand (subdued)]: "In Celebration of a long family tradition that has been around far longer than the lands... Offering FREE Thrakukkah spell ups (Sorceress) at my Thrak Table! It is FREE so just walk to me. Happy Holidays from my family to each of my friends and your families."

There you have it, Drew went and done it ... he influenced them to do it MORE! :lol:

Finis

DeV
12-09-2005, 08:23 PM
It will never go away. Resistance is also futile.

Drew
11-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Speaking softly to Senglent, Emislity exclaims, "Why the holidays to give thanks just passed, and Thrakmas is around the corner!"

Holiday bump, thanks to Emislity for reminding me.

Snapp
11-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Ugh

Drew
12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
It's a Thrakmas miracle!

http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pictures/signs/Bump.jpg

Rue
12-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Yes, a sterile world without holidays would be so much better. Repress those that would have a little fun, just because some others find it degusting. How dare there be any reference to something ooc, No one does that on a daily basis.

No one talks of what they had for dinner, or where they went/been, no one wants to see others folic in pretend snow on a morning bright and full of cheer cause they did not get anything. They rather talk on Psinet and point out everything that is wrong and get some laughs that way.

Lets make enough noise and take the fun from those that enjoy the little things that lean a little towards ooc'ness cause they do not match your beliefs or because you can't handle others being a little silly. A few days out of the year is just to much to bear and we all need to speak out and suppress such horrible horrible things!

Such Cheer! Such Spirit! Such Asses.

A rose is still a rose no matter what you name it.

May all your holidays in game and out of game be bright, may you find the warmth in your heart to share with others, and have a Happier New Year then the last year.

Merry Christmas and Thraxmas.

Parkbandit
12-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Thraxmas is less annoying than someone who feels the need to make her font red to stand out.

It screams "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!11111ONEONEEoneone"

Methais
12-23-2008, 12:51 PM
What if they called it Martin Luther Dark Elf day?

People are gonna call it Thrakmas no matter what anyone says, because people are gay. Not Tayre gay. More like Haashek gay.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-23-2008, 01:15 PM
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
Yes, a sterile world without holidays would be so much better. Repress those that would have a little fun, just because some others find it degusting. How dare there be any reference to something ooc, No one does that on a daily basis.

No one talks of what they had for dinner, or where they went/been, no one wants to see others folic in pretend snow on a morning bright and full of cheer cause they did not get anything. They rather talk on Psinet and point out everything that is wrong and get some laughs that way.

Lets make enough noise and take the fun from those that enjoy the little things that lean a little towards ooc'ness cause they do not match your beliefs or because you can't handle others being a little silly. A few days out of the year is just to much to bear and we all need to speak out and suppress such horrible horrible things!

May all your holidays in game and out of game be bright, may you find the warmth in your heart to share with others, and have a Happier New Year then the last year.

Me

Or, you know.. people could actually RP, and celebrate the Feast of the Immortals which is the actual IG holiday. Instead of a cheap and annoying rip off of Christmas.

Methais
12-23-2008, 01:21 PM
How dare there be any reference to something ooc, No one does that on a daily basis.

Judging by the 4738240907 stories you write about your character I'm guessing you're all super into RP. If that's the case, then logic would indicate that just because people are OOC everyday doesn't make people doing the Thrakmas thing any less OOC.

I could really care less either way about the whole thing, but that statement seemed kinda hypocritical.

BigWorm
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM
What if they called it Martin Luther Dark Elf day?

People are gonna call it Thrakmas no matter what anyone says, because people are gay. Not Tayre gay. More like Haashek gay.

It's Martin Luther Faendryl, dumbass

Methais
12-23-2008, 02:14 PM
O SRY

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-23-2008, 02:16 PM
It's Martin Luther Faendryl, dumbass

WHAT DID THE DHE'NAR EVER DO TO YOU TO BE EXCLUDED SUCH?

BigWorm
12-23-2008, 02:22 PM

Black Magick

Methais
12-23-2008, 03:29 PM

It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand.

Glatt
12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
hmmm OOC, IC.....Thrakmass, feast of the imortals.

well Im into Rp. My Main celebrates Thrakmass. Why? Because there is a PLAYER created history that says it is a real, and valid holiday in Elanthia.

Something folks seem to forget when it comes to basic RP. The Players and there character do creat history in our little fantasy world. That history is as defining, and even more binding than any documents.

The best way to deal with it in an IC manner. Is to accept it as real, realize there are two holidays for the same time of year. HEY just like RL. How amazing.

If you do some research you will find the Thrakmass was started Years ago by one of the major houses. So calling it OOC, only shows your lack of knowledge to the history of Elanthia. It is very IC.

RP away Folks, and have a happy Thrakmass.

CrystalTears
12-23-2008, 04:07 PM
They took an OOC concept and tried to give it an IC spin. That some person that no one ever sees leaves behind gifts in exchange for cookies and milk on the eve of the holiday just means that it's a GS converted Christmas.

I personally don't view it as a GS holiday but if others want to, I don't care, I just won't wish it back because my characters don't believe in it. Consider them agnostic.

Glatt
12-23-2008, 04:11 PM
<<<<I personally don't view it as a GS holiday but if others want to, I don't care, I just won't wish it back because my characters don't believe in it. Consider them agnostic.>>>>>

and I find what your character does to be perfect with in Rp. I wish more folks could take the same approach, as opposed to labeling everything that fits outside there lines as OOC.

CrystalTears
12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I find it to be OOC, but I don't bring them up in the game. I'm not one of those to point out spelling mistakes by saying "What's a thak?" or saying "that's not a real holiday". If they want to say it, fine. I'll think they're insane or drunk or a Zelia follower. But I'll make my distaste for it known outside of it though.

phantasm
12-23-2008, 04:21 PM
we three thraks do wander far
bearing gifts we traverse afar
field and fountain, moor and mountain
following yonder star

born to us on Melgorhens Reach
gold we bring to crown him again
king forever, ceasing never
over us all to rein

star of wonder, star of night
star with royal beauty bright
westward leading, still proceeding
guide us to they perfect light

no sense to offer have i
scents of burning are on nigh
screams and crying, thrak parts flying
worship him, his meteors most high

star of wonder, star of night
star is falling close tonight
thraks are pleading, still and bleeding
guided to his perfect plight

thefarmer
12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
well Im into Rp. My Main celebrates Thrakmass. Why? Because there is a PLAYER created history that says it is a real, and valid holiday in Elanthia.

Just because something is player created doesn't always make it IC or even good RP.

Durgrimst
12-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Thrakster?
Easter Thraker?
Cadberry Creme Baby Thrak?

Durgrimst
12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Cadberry Creme Thrak Fetus???

Methais
12-23-2008, 04:51 PM
People who celebrate Thrakmas are typically the type of people that say things like spellies, boxies, giggle 483407 times and bounce all over the place like someone just rammed an entire case of Mexican jumping beans up their ass.

thefarmer
12-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Cadberry Creme Thrak Fetus???

That image is disturbing..

Methais
12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
I just wanna see Santa Claus show up in Town Square, only to have some random super dark and evil scary Luukos sorcerer walk in and kill him, and then post on the forums asking why Santa Claus of all people had no loot.

Drew
12-23-2008, 05:29 PM
If you do some research you will find the Thrakmass was started Years ago by one of the major houses. So calling it OOC, only shows your lack of knowledge to the history of Elanthia. It is very IC.

RP away Folks, and have a happy Thrakmass.

Back in the day my friend used to say the "Landing Dolphins" were 5-3, or whatever the record of the Miami Dolphins was that day. I guess this was also IC? I mean as long as a player did it a while ago and they just sort of vaguely disguise it.

You're also fine with Martin Luther Thrak day since I founded this holiday about 4 years ago?

Glatt
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Folks. This is what I love about the PC. Why I did not find this long ago is beyond my comprehension. Because it is so easy here. I do not like something, trash it. Someone does like it, Trash them.

but lucky for you. There is an even more simple equation there. Players ALONG time ago. I am not sure of exactly how long, but its been over 10 years. Developed a system of in game holidays. The game back then did not have this. Nor did it have militias. Nor did it have alot of things folks think some Simu developement team created. Including CHE's. The reason you do not get AID from the GMs for the OOCness of merry thrakmass is because it is a part of the game. Meaning IC.

One of the very nice things about Gemstone is the simple fact that the Characters we play write history. Even most of the DOCs you seem to like to refer to here, were in a very large part determined by what the player base was doing at that time. A very large part of the Giantman docs. that will hopefully be released sometime this century, were created by those of us that have played Giantkin ever since they were no longer called Highman.

there is how ever something for you to look forward to here. RP well. Make it believable, and stick with it on a daily, yearly basis. You could realistically see something you created become part of the game. Even a set of docs created to give it suport and history.

Drew
12-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Folks. This is what I love about PC noobs, so condescending while at the same time quite stupid.

The Ponzzz
12-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Happy Dhe'narukkah!

That Jay
12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
The reason you do not get AID from the GMs for the OOCness of merry thrakmass is because it is a part of the game. Meaning IC.

Aid? Like a RP bailout?

Just because they do not come on the boards and rail against something does not make it IC.

Although they did give snow elves the axe this year.

~Jay

Glatt
12-23-2008, 06:52 PM
LOL jay

Nice one. Rp bailout.

as much as I am for players having fun. And I agree I ejoyed the Snow elves, and invasions of Ginger bread men and sadistic Santa's.

yeah that stuff is way OOC.

But really. Is that bad to have a few hours of fun a few days a year?

Not defending this stuff. Again is way OOC. Anyone can say different but not honestly.

Durgrimst
12-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Is the Elanthian Jesus a human even? I want to see that nativity scene.

diethx
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Folks. This is what I love about PC noobs, so condescending while at the same time quite stupid.

I couldn't even get past the second sentence of that pile of douchewater.

Happy Dhe'narukkah!

LOL

diethx
12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Is the Elanthian Jesus a human even? I want to see that nativity scene.

Yes, Jesus is human:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=9644&highlight=jesus

Drew
12-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Yes, Jesus is human:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=9644&highlight=jesus

I didn't click the link, but a human cleric if I remember correctly.

diethx
12-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Yup.

Durgrimst
I didn't click the link, but a human cleric if I remember correctly.

Winner

Celephais
...and people who are in the "other" society would celebrate hobgoblaunukkah, when a single hours worth of massies lasted eight.
Man, I was fucking brilliant three years ago.

Happy third day of Hobgoblaunukkah!

AnticorRifling
12-23-2008, 08:03 PM
.... Players ALONG time ago. ...

Please let me know if anyone read past the all caps retard ALONG. If so what was this about and how wrong was it?

Welcome to the PC. Hopefully you get to stay ALONG time.

Apathy
12-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Folks. This is what I love about the PC. Why I did not find this long ago is beyond my comprehension. Because it is so easy here. I do not like something, trash it. Someone does like it, Trash them.

but lucky for you. There is an even more simple equation there. Players ALONG time ago. I am not sure of exactly how long, but its been over 10 years. Developed a system of in game holidays. The game back then did not have this. Nor did it have militias. Nor did it have alot of things folks think some Simu developement team created. Including CHE's. The reason you do not get AID from the GMs for the OOCness of merry thrakmass is because it is a part of the game. Meaning IC.

One of the very nice things about Gemstone is the simple fact that the Characters we play write history. Even most of the DOCs you seem to like to refer to here, were in a very large part determined by what the player base was doing at that time. A very large part of the Giantman docs. that will hopefully be released sometime this century, were created by those of us that have played Giantkin ever since they were no longer called Highman.

there is how ever something for you to look forward to here. RP well. Make it believable, and stick with it on a daily, yearly basis. You could realistically see something you created become part of the game. Even a set of docs created to give it suport and history.

What the fuck is going on with your grammar? I don't usually complain but you need to learn how to write a simple fucking sentence.

Glatt
12-23-2008, 09:25 PM
oh ouch. a person that can not write two sentences with out two highly desicriptive words is compaining about my gramar.

Somehow this doesnt seem to wound be very deeply.

Ignot
12-23-2008, 09:28 PM
oh ouch. a person that can not write two sentences with out two highly desicriptive words is compaining about my gramar.

Do you know what a red line under a word means?

Glatt
12-23-2008, 09:33 PM
if I dont are you going to tell me?

Miscast
12-23-2008, 09:33 PM

Somehow this doesnt seem to wound be very deeply.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/fail3.jpg

Glatt
12-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Um? what did I fail at again?

Ignot
12-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Um? what did I fail at again?

that you don't know is even funnier! :rofl:

Nilandia
12-23-2008, 09:44 PM

Merry Christmas and Thraxmas.
I'll have to disagree, somewhat. As I posted on the officials, I've noticed that many people who advocate Thrakmas and other player-founded holidays that, player history or not, appear to have just a thin veneer of IC-ness over an OOC holiday will at times claim that the holidays are 'just a little fun for a few days a year' and 'if you don't like it, you can go somewhere else.' They also sometimes claim that it's just a little fun one time of year where there is a lot of OOC-ness going on in the every day.

I'm all for fun, but it seems to me like the Thrakmas advocates imply that we can't possibly have fun with holidays with an in-game basis. They also seem to say that it's alright to go OOC in the name of fun and other people will just have to accept it, but we can't allow it for other stuff people do every day.

I'm sorry, Rue, but I'll respectfully disagree with these premises. If we can have fun while remaining IC, why not? If we complain about rampant OOC-ness in game or if we want to promote good RP in the game, why should we allow more OOC-ness? We have an IC holiday already during the same time of the year, the Feast of the Immortals. What's so wrong with that one?

Gretchen

Apathy
12-23-2008, 09:46 PM
What is your first language?

We really need a "Hi I'm ____" thread around here so people can introduce themselves and we can all be prepared.

Glatt
12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
well I thank you all for the entertainment tonight.

Afraid I have run out of time. If you think I failed, Pay attention to the last post I make. You might figure it out, you might. This is defently the largest population of social geeks I have seen in a long time, so I'm sure the intelegence level is very high. You will most defently have it figured out before I even get out of my seat.

Nilandia. You of course came in late, and none of this post pertains to you. If you want to discuss the Feast of Imortals you know how to contact me.

Night folks, and again thank you. The Laughs are always easy to find here.

Ignot
12-23-2008, 10:06 PM

No, no. Thank you.

Miscast
12-23-2008, 10:16 PM

Afraid I have run out of time. If you think I failed, Pay attention to the last post I make. You might figure it out, you might. This is defently the largest population of social geeks I have seen in a long time, so I'm sure the intelegence level is very high. You will most defently have it figured out before I even get out of my seat.

Nilandia. You of course came in late, and none of this post pertains to you. If you want to discuss the Feast of Imortals you know how to contact me.

Night folks, and again thank you. The Laughs are always easy to find here.
Holy shit.

thefarmer
12-23-2008, 10:29 PM

Afraid I have run out of time....

When you get finished stalking those women you met in the BBW chatrooms, you should come back and post more. We could all use a little more entertainment!

Miscast
12-23-2008, 10:42 PM
By the way is this Thrakmas officially on the 25th and historically are there quite a few players logged in on this day?

diethx
12-23-2008, 10:46 PM
By the way is this Thrakmas officially on the 25th and historically are there quite a few players logged in on this day?

Only those who celebrate hobgoblinukkah and who didn't go for a movie and Chinese food.

Miscast
12-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll give out presents tomorrow then.

AnticorRifling
12-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Glatt = Xlcalibur?

lord girran
12-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Bring on the toy elfs!

lord girran
12-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I kinda like the sound of ST. tharktricks day, where is my ale?

That Jay
12-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Now, I have to try to use "defently" in an ACT.

phantasm
12-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Snow elves aren't gone from the game. Just last week a GM gave out some snow elf finger puppets.

That Jay
12-23-2008, 11:44 PM
He or she must not have got the memo.

Methais
12-24-2008, 01:02 AM
You can't have a memo without emo.

Elvenlady
12-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Snow elves aren't gone from the game. Just last week a GM gave out some snow elf finger puppets.

I want a finger puppet dammit!

That Jay
12-24-2008, 11:00 AM
How about just the finger?

I KID!

Lilabell
12-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Why were the snow elves removed from the game? I have been looking in the forums and can't seem to find the explanation.

Years ago (back when Manny was chair of Twilight Hall) there was a myth of a Thrak that lived in the labyrinth at Twilight Hall. People left cookies and food for him. There were also old-ish stories that Icewhite used to recite around the same time as the ornaments were hung on the tree. There was a ball as well. People did call it Thrakmas, and I agree that the name is much like Christmas.

The thing is, no one ever told any of the players that the word was ooc, so it was commonly used. (At least, not that I can ever remember) Now, a group of older players still use the word because they recall the Thrak and those events.

CrystalTears
12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I believe the snow elves were removed because they were essentially OOC. I can't say I remember them so no opinion on their loss there.

As far as Manny's story, that's the only story on Thrakmas that I know of. Creating an IC story for an OOC holiday doesn't automatically make it a sanctioned holiday. GMs aren't going to go out of their way to say it's not because there's nothing against policy to call some dreamed up holiday Thrakmas, just like they're not going to come down on people who hold up imaginary signs that say "Picker open" or honestly believe they're bunnies or roltons or pregnant.

Not being told to use or not use the term doesn't mean that it's a GS holiday.

Drew
12-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Seasonal bump. Also Toy's avatar is still just as weird as it ever was.

Danical
12-22-2010, 04:04 AM
whatever happened to her?

Drew
12-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Bump.

Hulkein
12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
hi

Drew
12-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Hey babe.

Tgo01
12-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Let's start our own War on Thrakmas.

Mathari
12-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Kuonzaa > Thrakmas

Drew
12-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Kuonzaa, brilliant.

shad0ws0ngs
12-23-2011, 03:32 PM
As far as Manny's story, that's the only story on Thrakmas that I know of. Creating an IC story for an OOC holiday doesn't automatically make it a sanctioned holiday.

From what I learned on my brief time as an officer in Twilight, thrakmas is just something Manny and the like started and everything evolved from there, but that it is a twilight "holiday" that got generalized. So, part of documentation or not, there is an IG tradition of thrakmas, at least for some, despite it's obvious OOC references.

MotleyCrew
12-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Seriously? This again?

I think the bigger problem is someone having an issue with a simple greeting in a text based game and having to repost about it for seven years. Take it for what it is and move on already.

Reminds me of the whole Seasons Greetings/Happy Holidays versus Merry Christmas greeting debate. Fuck the whole politically correct thing.

PS. Merry Thraksmas!

Some Guy
12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Thrakmas is stupid but so is most roleplaying in general. 90% of roleplaying is coming up with IC explanations for OOC bullshit.

The best way to stay in character is to constantly act like you have no idea what the fuck anyone is talking about.

Khariz
01-14-2018, 10:11 PM
Bumping this one. Because tomorrow.

Taernath
01-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Kuonzaa

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FeistyGrimAsiaticmouflon-max-1mb.gif

Gizmo
01-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Bumping this one. Because tomorrow.

My birthday is Martin Luther King Jrs birthday too, and since they always recognize it the Monday after, I would always have off school. Woohoo

Drew
01-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Thank you for celebrating this wonderful holiday.