PDA

View Full Version : Tombstone Pendant - Creates a tombstone over your corpse when you die

shad0ws0ngs
03-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Selling a tombstone creating item. This was released at EG'16 in the shop with the death masks, Playing Dead (https://gswiki.play.net/Ebon_Gate_2016_shop_listing#Playing_Dead) for 50k. When worn and active it will create a tombstone when you die. The writing on the tombstone will include your name, as you are wearing it(in my example it has my main characters name on it). The inscription can be customized by merchants, but I do not know how restricted it is. I believe the description of the tombstone itself can also be altered, but am not 100% sure on this.

a small silver tombstone pendant

Look (When activated):
Faintly visible on the face of the pendant is the image of an ethereal grey tombstone.
There appears to be something engraved on the tombstone. It reads, "Here lies Japhrimel. May he rest in peace."
The image of the tombstone currently shines brightly.

Look (When Dormant):
Faintly visible on the face of the pendant is the image of an ethereal grey tombstone.
There appears to be something engraved on the tombstone. It reads, "Here lies Japhrimel. May he rest in peace."
The image of the tombstone is currently cast in shadow.

Analysis:
You analyze your tombstone pendant and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
This item will summon a tombstone upon your death, to remain there until you breathe once again. TURN will toggle this ability.

You get no sense of whether or not the pendant may be further lightened.

Example of Item in Use (Copied from Maylan's thread 'cause I didn't feel like getting killed today (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?106562-New-Years-Happy-Time-Locker-Sale/page4)):

>turn my ring
You turn your diamond-inset ring slowly, causing the image on your ring to glow briefly.

>l ring
>
Faintly visible on the face of the ring is the image of an ethereal grey tombstone.
There appears to be something engraved on the tombstone. It reads, "Here lies Maylan. May she rest in peace."
The image of the tombstone currently shines brightly.

You gesture.
You concentrate inward upon yourself and a pulse of pearlescent energy begins to cascade around you!
The dull golden nimbus surrounding you flares into life as it glows brightly for a moment.
CS: +485 - TD: +390 + CvA: +10 + d100: +42 == +147
Warding failed!
You shudder with sporadic convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop your body.
You are smashed for 48 points of damage!
... 30 points of damage!
Hard blow to your temple scrambles brain!

You also see an ethereal grey tombstone, an obese drunken chinchilla, a snowbank and the South Gate.
Obvious paths: east, west

>l tombs
You see nothing unusual.
There appears to be something written on it.

You ask, "Can you tell me what that tombstone says?"
Brokkrsten says, "It says "Here lies Maylan. May she rest in peace"."

Brokkrsten is trying to drag you. If you want to prevent this type "GROUP CLOSE".
Brokkrsten grabs you and drags you east.

Your grey tombstone arrives silently, following you closely.

Brokkrsten gestures at you.
With each passing moment during Brokkrsten's slow chant, his eyes flutter rhythmically. He folds his right arm and rests his chin upon his hand, then gazes down at you, as if contemplating your very existence. Blinking once, Brokkrsten thrusts his hand over you, and crackling, raw power flows from Brokkrsten's fingertips into your body, jolting you back to life.
You feel the touch of the hand leave your soul.

Your diamond-inset ring glows brightly for a moment.
>
The grey tombstone ripples once before disappearing completely.

MB: 75k CB: 1.5m to Viekn and SOLD

Viekn
03-03-2017, 07:23 PM
mb

Ltlprprincess
03-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Does the tombstone follow you around or is it stationery in where you die?

Velfi
03-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Does the tombstone follow you around or is it stationery in where you die?

It's following the corpse as it's dragged in the log.

Ososis
03-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Looks like it follows like a disk. This could be helpful for finding my body when critters hide it in the snow.

Ltlprprincess
03-03-2017, 07:38 PM
It's following the corpse as it's dragged in the log.

That's why I thought but I needed to confirm because someone had said otherwise a while back.

Viekn
03-03-2017, 07:38 PM

Ltlprprincess
03-03-2017, 07:39 PM

Viekn
03-03-2017, 07:41 PM
1.5 mil!

Ososis
03-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Tap tap tap.

Jesus, I left for like ten minutes!

shad0ws0ngs
03-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Tombstone follows you around. I tested it.

>
Japhrimel exclaims, "Time for murder!"
>
Japhrimel hums an obscure Faendryl tune.
>
Japhrimel skillfully weaves another verse into his harmony, directing the sound of his voice at you.
CS: +410 - TD: +10 + CvA: +25 + d100: +48 - +30 == +443
Warding failed!
Waves of sonic vibration wash over you with tremendous force!
Sound waves disrupt you for 232 damage!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

...departing in 16 mins...
DEAD>
Japhrimel appears to be preparing to attempt dragging you.
DEAD>
A flash of light surrounds your tombstone pendant. Suddenly, an ethereal grey tombstone appears before your lifeless body.
DEAD>
The rosy pink sprite wails in dismay. "I'll try to find help!" she exclaims.
DEAD>
Japhrimel is trying to drag you. If you want to prevent this type "GROUP CLOSE".
Japhrimel grabs you and drags you southeast.
[Monsoon Jungle, Interior]
Blooming flowers in a multitude of colors adorn a thicket of deep green brush. The ground beneath the plants is damp from mist and percolating groundwater. Small animal tracks are frozen in the soft ground, creating a fanciful pattern. Nearby are small piles of animal droppings.
Also here: Lord Japhrimel
Obvious paths: east, northwest
DEAD>
DEAD>
Japhrimel is trying to drag you. If you want to prevent this type "GROUP CLOSE".
Japhrimel grabs you and drags you east.
Dozens of orchids hang from a cluster of beech trees, the dangling blooms cascading downward in a sweeping curtain of color. Bees and butterflies by the score visit the blossoms, gathering pollen to continue the cycle of life. The beeches that offer the flowers a home themselves stand sturdy and strong, their massive trunks buttressed firmly against the earth as if to mark their own sure position in the natural order of the rainforest.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, west
DEAD>
DEAD>
Japhrimel grabs you and drags you southeast.
Several types of mangroves share space in this small area. Moisture on many of the leaves gathers in small pools, dripping down to the ground when the liquid becomes overly burdensome. The trees' intricate roots cluster together to make footing hazardous, yet at one point a small break in the natural support systems grants relatively easy access to a sandbar to the east.
Obvious paths: north, west, northwest
DEAD>

shad0ws0ngs
03-04-2017, 12:24 AM
updated

shad0ws0ngs
03-04-2017, 02:47 PM
once

Headless
03-04-2017, 02:54 PM
just -- cool

shad0ws0ngs
03-05-2017, 03:28 PM
twice