PDA

View Full Version : disappearing hard drives

Enuch
02-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Okay so I don't know dick about hard drives. But I know this morning I had a D Drive, and now I don't...I reset my entire PC and all I have is a C drive. I remember even having an E and F drive but for some reason they are gone. I would like to have more than GS, Heroes and HS on my laptop so if anyone needs any more laptop info or can provide any additional insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Tgo01
02-26-2017, 08:58 PM
What kind of laptop is this? Is it a stock laptop you bought at a store or was it a custom laptop? If it's a stock laptop that you haven't added anything to you can probably Google the computer specs to see how many harddrives its supposed to have.

Also USBs would show up as drives while they are plugged in and wouldn't show up while not plugged in, so maybe you're misremembering this?

As far as actual harddrives just disappearing that's really weird, unless they somehow became unplugged or were damage or something.

You can also try checking your BIOS to see if the harddrive is listed there, if it is then it sounds like a problem with Windows.

Enuch
02-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Its an Acer Predator 15. I'll attempt the BIOS thing. I had a D drive with all my Battle Net stuff on it and had my C drive completely clean of any video games. I had some kind of glitch today while playing HoTs and then when the PC refreshed my D drive was gone, and I couldn't play the games because they couldn't be located so my guess is maybe they are damaged? My video drive wasn't recognized or something either but I was able to follow bob google to disk management and update my video drivers but the D Drive never came back so I will try BIOS

Tgo01
02-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Yup it should have two harddrives

You can apparently enter the BIOS on an Acer by pressing F2 while the computer logo is on the screen during startup.

Obviously I wouldn't make any changes in your BIOS if you don't know what you're doing, but just looking at the info can't hurt anything.