PDA

View Full Version : macros?

Keller
05-26-2005, 03:31 PM
To those of you who are more in the know on things of this sort, how could I do some of the following ...

- Have an icon that when I click, it will automatically target my toon and bandage me?

- Have an icon that will automatically coldblood and then eviscerate -- all in one click!

Does anyone have an idea how do make macros like this? I tried to do gemstone style macros, but it failed miserably.

Guerrin
05-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Keller
To those of you who are more in the know on things of this sort, how could I do some of the following ...

- Have an icon that when I click, it will automatically target my toon and bandage me?

- Have an icon that will automatically coldblood and then eviscerate -- all in one click!

Does anyone have an idea how do make macros like this? I tried to do gemstone style macros, but it failed miserably.

CT_mod has a selfcast function. If you don't have a friendly targetted you'll auto-target yourself and use whatever skill/spell.

I hit 'esc' to detarget, bandage, then 'last target' key. Actually, I think as long as your target is clear you'll self-bandage.

No idea how to get CB and Evis on one button.

Toxicvixen
05-26-2005, 05:05 PM
My Boyfriend has a macro to invite his friends when we log in, so that he always gets to be group leader. :lol:

Trinitis
05-26-2005, 06:15 PM

I think you're macro would look like this:

/cast coldblood
/cast eviscerate

Keller
05-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin

I think you're macro would look like this:

/cast coldblood
/cast eviscerate

I tried that.

It did not work.

Trinitis
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Ok, being that I have no one with cold blood, I can't really test this.

How did it not work? Did it not do anything? Did it only do coldblood? Need more info :)

Keller
05-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin
Ok, being that I have no one with cold blood, I can't really test this.

How did it not work? Did it not do anything? Did it only do coldblood? Need more info :)

I had put cold blood as one word.

Now it casts cold blood, but then wont do the eviscerate.

Trinitis
05-26-2005, 07:12 PM
ok..so the problem is the cooldown process on skills. There is no way to pause a macro in wow..so the only thing I could think of to do is to add like 10 /cast eviscerate and one should go off as soon as the skill is open to use.

HarmNone
05-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Have you tried separating the commands with a semicolon?

*Edited to change colon to semicolon :rolleyes: *

[Edited on 5-26-2005 by HarmNone]

Keller
05-26-2005, 07:15 PM
I will try that.

Thanks.

HarmNone
05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Hope you tried the semicolon instead of the colon. That's the only thing I can think of that might work.

HarmNone
05-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Hmm...here's something that might help you. I know nothing of WOW, but there's quite a bit here. You might need an outside client to allow these to work properly. Someone more familiar with the game will probably know. :)

http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API#Action_Functions

Trinitis
05-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Yes, there is an outside client that allows for pauses in macros. Billzard opted not to allow them in the game because it allows for AFK Macroing of the game. Annoying yes, but I think it's helped a bit.

Nieninque
05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
you cant cast two spells/abilities in one go.
What you can do its bind a key to certain activities so you can get the same button to do coldblood first time round and eviscerate the next press.

try the official boards for some ideas of how to do it...I got some great druid ones from there

Guerrin
05-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Cosmos has a macro function that will add /in5seconds /cast (spell)...or something similar to that.

The problem you're having is probably related to having two /cast spells in one macro.

Nien, if you're playin a NE druid, pickup the totem killer macro...spams rank 1 moonfire on all totems in the area.

Artha
05-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Piggy backing the topic...

How would I make a macro to switch weapons?

Nieninque
05-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Artha
Piggy backing the topic...

How would I make a macro to switch weapons?

it used to just be /equip (then shift-click the weapon in your inventory...but I cant get shift-click to work any more :()

[Edited on 28-5-05 by Nieninque]