PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still playing?

Narthsin
02-08-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm curious if anyone else is still playing. I dusted off my old accounts a few days ago and managed to rescue my stranded carrier that had been left logged out in null in a POS 4-5 years ago. I lucked out and the current residents did me a solid after blowing up my alt as I tried to escape the system.

I msged him from Jita and asked if he wanted to buy a carrier. He lol'd and after explaining a bit, he had me get on TS and got me situated with a cyno, blue to their alliance, etc.

Was pretty nice of them. Now I've spent the last few days trying to remember everything I've forgotten, and figure out all the changes while mining some ice.

Still pondering selling out, 103m SP char with around 5b in assets I think, but we'll see what pans out. It's nice to be able to have accounts able to be active as a free alpha clone now. Pretty limiting to only be able to use certain skills, but it's a positive change.

chalion
02-08-2017, 09:09 PM
sorry for your loss

Soulance
02-12-2017, 10:28 PM
I just signed up. I remeber when this game was first coming out I think. There was a demo that was pretty cool but limited.

Having fun with it at the moment and am glad it's free!

Taernath
02-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Damn, I had no idea it went f2p. I know technically it was before, but it needed some isk investment.

*edit* looks like skills and ships are heavily restricted though. No ratting in my tech 2 battleship.

Taar
02-12-2017, 11:21 PM
yeah definitely a ton of restrictions. I still have a few active accounts though I haven't played much in the last few months.

Damn, I had no idea it went f2p. I know technically it was before, but it needed some isk investment.

*edit* looks like skills and ships are heavily restricted though. No ratting in my tech 2 battleship.

Soulance
02-13-2017, 11:10 AM
yeah definitely a ton of restrictions. I still have a few active accounts though I haven't played much in the last few months.
There does seem to be quite a few restrictions but I don't blame them. It's still a pretty cool game and I like the idea of being able to "learn" skills even while you sit there and do nothing! Just wish I had more time to play.

velderan
02-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Yeah I'm still active and playing. Have a 30m sp character in goons. Just got my first carrier but haven't undocked it yet cause I can't afford to replace it, nor can I fully t2 fit it.

Taernath
02-13-2017, 01:32 PM
PLEX is a little over 1b isk now, I wonder how long it would take to earn that being restricted to Ventures and cruisers.

Gelston
02-13-2017, 01:46 PM
PLEX is a little over 1b isk now, I wonder how long it would take to earn that being restricted to Ventures and cruisers.

Be easier to just pay for 1 month and earn it while on that.

chalion
02-13-2017, 02:24 PM
I have shit tons of isk I could offload for silvers. like 30 billion liquid last I checked. Thats before I get rid of assets. If you want isks for silvers make an offer.
Also have a 120+ mil sp toon I could sell.
Maybe I bump old thread

Taernath
02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Be easier to just pay for 1 month and earn it while on that.

I know, this is mostly a thought experiment. It was doable in a tech 2 BS a few years ago, but the PLEX price has increased by about 25%.

Gelston
02-13-2017, 02:40 PM
I know, this is mostly a thought experiment. It was doable in a tech 2 BS a few years ago, but the PLEX price has increased by about 25%.

Are they? Last time I sold a PLEX I got 1.4b... This was quite a few years back.

velderan
02-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Plex has dropped to what previous poster said. about 1.1b. If I had any silvers, I might be willing to buy some of dat dank isk. Trades available in the form of ensorcell mayhaps?

Taernath
02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Are they? Last time I sold a PLEX I got 1.4b... This was quite a few years back.

There are spikes and dips. Eve being what it is people have tried to manipulate the market before. You can track the price history pretty easily through a few websites.

Gelston
02-13-2017, 03:17 PM
They should make GS sub time an IG tradeable item, lolz.

velderan
02-13-2017, 03:19 PM
That's not a bad idea...like a safer way to sell GoA.

Gelston
02-13-2017, 03:26 PM
That's not a bad idea...like a safer way to sell GoA.

They could call it a tax certificate.

Narthsin
02-15-2017, 11:51 AM
They could call it a tax certificate.

Seems like it would be pretty easy to make possible via the current Simucoin system...

I was actually surprised to see Plex at 1.1bil. When I stopped playing last time they were still under 500million and I was easily Plexing 2 accounts by just ratting a few hours on weekends.

Stumplicker
02-15-2017, 01:54 PM
I was considering picking Eve back up. It's one of the few MMOs I can play on my shitty satellite connection. I tend to gravitate towards the larger ships regardless, so there's always a hefty lag time making things happen.