PDA

View Full Version : Please read!

AkMan
01-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Just a note for the Merchants folder. All items and characters are allowed to be sold here, either for RL cash or GS silvers. One thing I ask though is for people to not comment on the price of a sale unless an appraisal is being asked for. The merchant folder is not a place to start a debate about a specific item and its value, unless an appraisal is asked. What one person thinks is too much, another person may think is a good deal. So I ask, if you must comment on the price of an item, please take it to U2U or IM's.

Skirmisher
01-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Perhaps you could create a sub-folder with a sort of "What is this worth?" heading so if I or someone else thinks someone is charging an overly high amount or is asking too little and getting ripped off in that way.

Yes yes I know many feel that if you get ripped off you deserve it. Gotcha point noted and I agree with it to a point. I also know that I'm grateful when a friend who is more knowledgable points out a potential error to me.

I f someone wishes to point out such a discrepancy in price and worth, it's impossible to forsee who will be intereseted and thus U2U them all but a single post can be read by all who are interested.

By creating it in a sub folder we could allow discussion without creating a huge hullabaloo in the folder specificaly for selling.

Latrinsorm
01-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Out of curiosity, why don't you want people to debate the prices of an item? I can see how the official boards wouldn't like it (what with a probable descent into flamethrowing) but why not here?

AkMan
01-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Well let me begin by saying I screwed up. This thread was supposed to be locked but in my 4 a.m. daze I forgot to do it

Skirmisher: That is a wonderful idea and I will speak with Kranar about it. I'm all for it.

Latin: I don't care if people debate prices in this folder. The problem is, say I put an item up for sale for 1 million silvers. Lets say the 'market value' (which is debatable in itself) is 500k. What happens next is 50 posts slamming said would be seller for trying to 'rip people off'. Hell I know what it goes for, but if I can get a mil for it then why not. It's about supply and demand and the worth of an item fluctuates frequently.

From a buyers standpoint: There has been a few times I paid higher than market value for an item because it was available right this second.

In closing, I welcome price debates in appropriate threads, but if someone comes along tryin to sell his items (or account for that matter which really is subjective) we shouldn't be the ones to judge whether it's too expensive or not I don't think. What some thinks is too much others think is a good deal.

I hope I made sense. Feel free to IM or U2U me with any questions.

Edited to add: I'm leaving this thread open so feel free to leave your feedback. I also re-created my merchant guidelines post and locked it as it should have been from the start.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by AkMan]