PDA

View Full Version : decent sorccerer type runestaff

beldannon5
01-24-2017, 01:01 AM
I don't want to pay a huge amount. Right now i just have an acid flaring runestaff.

My sorcerer is level 36 and I was hoping to find something better without breaking the bank.

I am usually a warrior so runestaffs and their works befuddle me some

drauz
01-24-2017, 01:30 AM
I don't want to pay a huge amount. Right now i just have an acid flaring runestaff.

My sorcerer is level 36 and I was hoping to find something better without breaking the bank.

I am usually a warrior so runestaffs and their works befuddle me some

There isn't a lot to them. Hold in right hand and cast.

beldannon5
01-24-2017, 01:33 AM
I meant which would be best harness power something that helps with cs mana flares etc

gilchristr
01-24-2017, 01:34 AM
Mana flares for low mana spells, acuity flares for high mana spells?

Grapple flares for everything?

drauz
01-24-2017, 01:43 AM
If I remember correctly earth might be the best because of the critical type it causes. I could be wrong though. It also doesn't set off any room abilities, but thats not for many levels anyways for you.

gilchristr
01-24-2017, 01:51 AM
Impact critical kill on a lower rank on head and neck than critical than other flares (rank 5 vs rank 6). But the total increase in lethality from this is probably low. Earth might be better than other common flares, but grapple is not a common flare.

beldannon5
01-24-2017, 01:53 AM
interesting

Whirlin
01-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Just to echo the sentiments... You're probably better off just using an e-bladed 0x runestaff to make it 4x with flares. If you attune a particular element, I think there's a 411 bonus if you use that same element now also.

While acuity seems good, for CS, it's an unknown correlation between endroll:Damage, there would be value in acuity if you are not hit-capped.
However, when we consider acuity for something AS/DS resolved, while hit capped, given the damage factor of spells, the end result in the additional damage usually does not outweigh the additional damage you would see in a standard elemental flare. Consider +10 AS at a .5 DF... that would result in +5 damage. While this can potentially stage up a critical tier, there's a few too many variables with that to analyze comprehensively and quickly without running a specific simulation, where the numbers may not be true outside of that particular simulation.
Conversely, a round of a standard elemental flare for 15-40 damage, and it's own critical. The end damage ends up being more substantial, and the actual critical implication of an elemental flare has a myriad of factors unknown to the community.

The other thing to consider is the order of operations for flares. Acuity will be observed more often than elemental flares due to activation prior to the cast, whereas elemental flares will only activate post-cast, if the creature is alive. I believe both have a flare rate of approximately 1 in 8 (+/- 1?).

So, the TL;DR version of this is unless you're planning on investing in like, a Nervstaff, greater elemental flaring, fusion, rotflaring, or dropping some nice money into a staff, I wouldn't worry too much about upgrading. A basic 0x, ebladed runestaff will go a long way.

Unless you're a cleric or empath with no easy access to e-blade, in which case just pick up a basic 4x flaring, which you've probably seen drop in Reim a couple dozen billion times.

liquiddrool
01-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Do the 411 flares run out on your runestaff? With 20 ranks of MnE it looks like you'll have 110 swings/casts. Might be helpful to save that mana for hunting at lower levels.

Gnomad
01-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Eblade two 0x runestaves while you're resting. Take them both with you.

Barble
01-24-2017, 07:53 PM
what you want for your acid flaring runestaff?