PDA

View Full Version : Take the Polar Plunge for Talador!

Maylan
01-15-2017, 01:02 PM
A hastily scrawled note is pinned to a tree. The handwriting is barely legible, and the edges are frayed by what appears to be bite marks made by some manner of rodent.

To the good people of Icemule Trace and all friendly neighbors:

As you know, the lands of Talador were recently devastated by the evil forces of Chaston. Lady Kasendra Chandrennin has been overseeing ongoing relief efforts, but reports that progress has been hindered by the harsh winter weather. It is time to extend a helping hand and show the people of Talador that Icemule is home to a friendly, hearty, and caring folk.

You are cordially invited to House White Haven’s Polar Plunge: A benefit for the people of Talador. Show your solidarity by braving the ice slide on Penguin Hill, and plunge into the icy pool below. THE LESS YOU WEAR, THE MORE YOU CARE! After the plunge, warm up with our merrymaking, hot beverages, and delectable delights.

Donations of food, clothing, supplies, and silvers will be accepted on behalf of Lady Kasendra.

Who Should Attend: Icemule Trace residents, residents of neighboring towns, representatives from the great houses and associations of Elanthia, and politicians looking for easy publicity.

When: Feastday the 21st at 9pm elven.

Where: Penguin Hill in Icemule Trace (from the Temple go up the steps, then up one block)

~Respectfully submitted by Land Pirate Maylan, master of the healing arts and financier to house White Haven.

(OOC: This event will occur on Saturday, 1/21 at 9pm eastern. Penguin Hill is room #2357)

Viekn
01-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Lol, this is awesome! Hope I can come.

Maylan
01-15-2017, 01:20 PM
I hope you can too! All are welcome :)

Maylan
01-21-2017, 10:32 AM
The Polar Plunge is tonight! I hope you all join us!

Stumplicker
01-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Anyone that doesn't go is a HUGE DORK!!

Yeah! Take that, fence sitters. Come sit your buns on an ice slide instead!

Maylan
01-22-2017, 10:14 AM
I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who came out to take the Polar Plunge last night. You donated over SIX MILLION SILVERS and a sizable stockpile of food, clothing, and supplies for the Talador relief fund. And, a special thank you to the representatives from CHE's and MHO's - your donations made a very large impact.

We will formally present your donations to Solhaven officials at the next opportunity (likely during the next court session or supply run). The people of Talador now know that they are not alone. Icemule stands with you!

~Land Pirate Maylan~

P.S. If you were unable to attend last night but still wish to donate, it's not too late. I can add donations to the fund until we are ready to present it to Solhaven officials.