PDA

View Full Version : Animal Companion Summoning Help

SoulSeer
01-14-2017, 06:43 PM
I have tried 3 times now to summon an AC. They come out, I pet, feed, and interact with it for a few minutes then I get this message...

With a momentary backward glance, a riverine samoyed turns and slowly moves away, finally disappearing from sight.

What am I doing wrong?

Taernath
01-14-2017, 06:49 PM
BEFRIEND (critter) once you've summoned it and done the other stuff

SoulSeer
01-22-2017, 09:27 AM
I did that and then played/fed/spelled him up and after a bit he still left. Do you have to interact with him a lot before you hunt or tell him to leave?

Taernath
01-22-2017, 09:42 AM
You should feed/pet them before you befriend them. It shouldn't take too much, maybe a couple feed and pet commands. When you befriend you should get a message that's something like, 'the samoyed stares at you then nods in acceptance'.

Enuch
01-22-2017, 10:25 AM
This will be important for me in the near future, is there actual companion food? Or is the feed command alone sufficient?

Taernath
01-22-2017, 11:02 AM
Regular food is fine. FEED COMPANION or TELL COMPANION TO FEED, the latter has them hoover everything edible off the ground. There are companion treat bags but they are mainly for RP.

Enuch
01-22-2017, 01:41 PM
Would an herb count as food or will I need to go to a baker in a town?

Taernath
01-22-2017, 02:11 PM
They can eat them but I'm not totally sure they count as 'food'. I give mine sandwiches.

Enuch
01-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Perfect, thanks for the insight. Now I need to find cool outfits for either my beaver or lion *future beaver or lion of course* and a treat bag!

mgoddess
01-22-2017, 11:15 PM
For food, Willow Hall's Companion Park has an amazing selection of food-type things that are good for both Ranger and Companion alike to feed on. Also, you can get companion-happy food for free at the Ranger Guild (which is free to enter, once you're level 15 and get your character-specific trail-key).

Maerit
01-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Also, you can get companion-happy food for free at the Ranger Guild (which is free to enter, once you're level 15 and get your character-specific trail-key).

Pssst -- Unless you're F2P

SoulSeer
01-26-2017, 07:11 PM
I noticed that I befriended one and he nodded and all of that. I fed him and played with him a bit and then took him hunting. He left me same as before. Guessing you have to give them a lot of attention right away?

Thondalar
01-26-2017, 07:19 PM
Pssst -- Unless you're F2P

f2p aren't people.

Taernath
01-26-2017, 07:51 PM
I noticed that I befriended one and he nodded and all of that. I fed him and played with him a bit and then took him hunting. He left me same as before. Guessing you have to give them a lot of attention right away?

That's weird. You're befriending it after petting/feeding? I switched my companion a few months ago and didn't have any issues. Maybe try telling it to leave, then resummoning it before it goes away on its own? Could be a bug with affinity level.

Gnomad
01-26-2017, 10:01 PM
F2P can enter guilds, they just can't join them. Unless there's a trick to the ranger one.

edit: they can buy from normal stores, but not the alchemy stores.