PDA

View Full Version : Encumberance now effects DS

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Now in the new version of GS4, encumberance effects DS in the nature of when you are more encumbered, your DS drops. While this is realistic, it just seems an utterly baseless and pointless addition. It does not make it more fun.

It also goes along way to making this the warriors game. Con and Str determine our carrying strength, both stats which are traditionally dropped by the pures. Being able to hunt while encumbered was once a benefit shared by all pures over the squares. Not any more.

Plus, I now won't be able to pick up any loot in any of the grounds I hunt. Unless, of course, I underhunt. Now, I can survive a hit. Pures can't. Squares rejoice. Ah well, thank god my wizard is only 15.

Reyek
09-10-2003, 10:14 AM
that is utterly gay

AnticorRifling
09-10-2003, 10:40 AM
I've got a disk, I hardly ever get encumbered. I'm a pure and my ST and CO are 88 and 82 respectivly I don't seeing it huge issue. I do agree that it's kind of a pointless change though.

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 10:41 AM
I feel sorry for empaths and sorcerers. Not clerics; most of them are giantmen.

Tsa`ah
09-10-2003, 11:00 AM
It's not going to be that big of deal to pures that are up there in levels. The younger, mana deficient, characters are going to pay for it 100 fold.

My condolences to you.

Revalos
09-10-2003, 11:16 AM
They are also altering the AS of most critters to compensate for the changes. Afterwards the encumberance modifiers on DS will probably only truly detrimentally affect those who are very encumbered or more.

Now, I agree that this seems to be targeting the other professions besides warriors and rogues to a great degree, to which I imagine there may be some changes on the other end (such as the change to airwall) which will help with DS for pures.

As for Semis...well...as Melissa said...we're going to send you to Federal pound-me-in-the-ass GS4 for your crimes of not being a pure caster or swinger.

peam
09-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Halflings are dicked... harder.

Pallon
09-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
that is utterly gay

I concur

My main bard character is going to have even less CON and STR in GS4 given that I have to dump points into prime and mental stats to even think about training in all the crap I need.

Taernath
09-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I've got a disk, I hardly ever get encumbered. I'm a pure and my ST and CO are 88 and 82 respectivly I don't seeing it huge issue. I do agree that it's kind of a pointless change though.

You're also a giantman who has access to 509. ;)

Lord Whirlin
09-10-2003, 01:12 PM
The DS drop that I acknowledged after reading the information on the GS4 site was purely based on the decrease in the dodging skill (which does effect DS later on) Overall the increase of DS due to the dodging skill is not great, nor will the decrease with encumberance. While Yes, it will impact DS from now on, it will not be as massive as some of you are making it out to be

draconis nematoda
09-10-2003, 01:22 PM

Disks need to be changed to be able to hold more than 2 boxes.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by draconis nematoda]

Stinkypants
09-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Guess this means no more fluff whores who wear thirty pin-worn items.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-10-2003, 01:47 PM
What do empaths need to dodge for?

DCSL
09-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Stinkypants
Guess this means no more fluff whores who wear thirty pin-worn items.

If only...

theotherjohn
09-10-2003, 04:09 PM
I love this rules just because I hate all the fluff characters wear.

The only thing worse than the fluff these idiots wear is the way they use the act verb

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
I love this rules just because I hate all the fluff characters wear.

The only thing worse than the fluff these idiots wear is the way they use the act verb

While I agree I hate the fluff chars...

Speaking as a player of 90% halflings (one in every class except bard), I'm screwed. It takes NOTHING to encumber me, and while I'm getting marginally stronger in GS4, the cons OUTWEIGH (pun intended) the pro's of ever being a halfling.

Vesi
09-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by draconis nematoda

Disks need to be changed to be able to hold more than 2 boxes.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by draconis nematoda]

Actually, you can get three boxes in a disk. How you say? Look in disk. In the disk you see a chest. Put strong on chest. Then you can put another box in the disk. (normally) I didn't think it would work. Someone told me about it. It does. (unless all the boxes have lots of items in them) My disks are carrying three boxes now instead of two on the whole. (not a major difference but it helps a litte)

Vesi

Vesi
09-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Speaking as a player of 90% halflings (one in every class except bard), I'm screwed. It takes NOTHING to encumber me, and while I'm getting marginally stronger in GS4, the cons OUTWEIGH (pun intended) the pro's of ever being a halfling.

Wonder if the gnomes will have to hunt naked? Parry with my... nevermind.

Vesi

Scott
09-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Until some idiot decided to announce it on the official boards, you were able to put a lot more in there. What you could do was put a box in there and then stack boxes on the boxes in the disk. It worked for awhile until someone spoiled it.....

Tsa`ah
09-10-2003, 04:38 PM
It's the number of items. You can fit way more than three boxes in a disk... provided they're empty.

When those boxes are locked and containing items, that reduces the number of boxes one can fit. I'm not sure if weight affects a disk or not.

I agree that disk needs to be changed.

09-10-2003, 04:54 PM
I am a Dark elven Sorcerer with a strength of 90 and a constitution of 85.

The only time I'm NOT encumbered is when I am NAKED except for my armor and shield.

Are these people insane?

AnticorRifling
09-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Disks hold eight items regardless of weight A box with 1 gem and silvers is 3 items. I used to put claidhs from warfs in a disk then use the log/boot to go to hearthstone and use them for deeds.

Vesi
09-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Until some idiot decided to announce it on the official boards, you were able to put a lot more in there. What you could do was put a box in there and then stack boxes on the boxes in the disk. It worked for awhile until someone spoiled it.....

Oh. The stacking thing was new to me. I found out a week ago. Never knew you could do more than three boxes period. I do know sometimes a disk will hold 3 boxes if they only have coins in them. (though it did seem like when I first started GS 4 1/2 years ago disks held more)

Guess it is just the number of items now. I'm not going to say anymore about it. I don't want them to take anything else away. <flails>

Vesi

Scott
09-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Dark Elf Wizard

Strength (ST): 78 .... 14

You adjust your gear comfortably and feel satisfied that you are not encumbered enough to notice.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

>inv
You are holding a black silver-edged longsword etched with a green serpent coiled around the blade in your right hand and a small enruned golvern shield embossed with a sinister silver viper in your left hand.
You are wearing a gold ring, some black elven boots traced with two green serpents intertwined around Faendryl runes, some black snakeskin trousers, some shadowy black casting leathers etched with the image of two dark green intertwining serpents, a black pearl stud, a silver mayoral race button, a small white mushroom amulet, a lustrous deep golden amulet, a ruby-eye silver serpent flask, a twisted green skeleton key, a green serpent stitched pouch, a supple black suede bag, a midnight black cloak embroidered with shimmering runes of the ancient Faendryl, a pipe clenched between his teeth, a black scorpion tattoo and a Wizard Guild tattoo.

In the black cloak you see an oaken wand, a polished bloodwood wand, a pale thanot wand, a sinister black vultite falchion, a violet flecked dagger, some pothinir grass, some pothinir grass, a Mandis Crystal shard, a Mandis Crystal shard, a mirtokh potion, an ancient scroll, a pure potion, a bolmara potion, some woth flower, some wolifrew lichen, an antique gold-etched mirror, a white flask, some ephlox moss, an aged scroll, a piece of torn paper, a faded parchment, an ancient parchment, a sigil covered leathery parchment, some haphip root, a carved diamond pentagram, a pumpkin-shaped lollipop, an old scroll, a soft cloth, some haphip root, a white stone amulet, some opal and ruby bow, some woth flower, a light palimpsest, a sheaf of faded paper, a hard-boiled blue duck egg, some ephlox moss, a smeared scroll, a sheet of smeared vellum, a scowling skull pin, a glowing soulstone, some torban leaf, a torn scroll, a short sword, some acantha leaf, an ancient scroll, a scrap of dark papyrus, a Mandis Crystal shard, some ephlox moss, an old scroll and some ruby and black diamond dice.

CrystalTears
09-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Not sure if the stacking still works, but some do that to their expensive gems. Have a nice gem, put in your backpack or whatever and stack a regular unstealable item on it. Instant thiefproof. :D

09-10-2003, 05:38 PM
>encumbr
Your shoulders are beginning to sag under the weight of your gear, and your reactions are not very fast. Time to unload, perhaps?
>inv
You are wearing an elegant steel forging-hammer, an opaque glass amulet, a crimson-edged dark crystal crown, a braided leather collar, a cerulean-eyed black lizard, a black reinforced shield, a furry black goat pin, a glimaerstone engagement band, a slim dark silver Faendryl wristband, a polished brass cricket box, a translucent specter skin scabbard, a blackened mithglin chain, a pitch black kilt, a pair of astounding dark panther pelt boots, a silver crescent moon tattoo, and some shadowy black stalking leathers.
>

No containers.

Hips
09-10-2003, 05:44 PM
How much does that chain weigh?

Neildo
09-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Heh, my pure gnome is gonna have a 20 str and 20 con. This outta be interesting to say the least.

- N

CrystalTears
09-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Neil playing a small character? No WAY! :D

Artha
09-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Let's all send melissa angry mail!

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Revalos
They are also altering the AS of most critters to compensate for the changes. Afterwards the encumberance modifiers on DS will probably only truly detrimentally affect those who are very encumbered or more.

Now, I agree that this seems to be targeting the other professions besides warriors and rogues to a great degree, to which I imagine there may be some changes on the other end (such as the change to airwall) which will help with DS for pures.

As for Semis...well...as Melissa said...we're going to send you to Federal pound-me-in-the-ass GS4 for your crimes of not being a pure caster or swinger.

Yes, it no longer provides +50. Instead it starts off at...+15 or something, and goes up with Minor Spirit training. God bless WarriorStone 4!

Neildo
09-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Neil playing a small character? No WAY!

Hey, I'll have a half-krolvin too. :P

- N

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Demon Lord Kage
>encumbr
Your shoulders are beginning to sag under the weight of your gear, and your reactions are not very fast. Time to unload, perhaps?
>inv
You are wearing an elegant steel forging-hammer, an opaque glass amulet, a crimson-edged dark crystal crown, a braided leather collar, a cerulean-eyed black lizard, a black reinforced shield, a furry black goat pin, a glimaerstone engagement band, a slim dark silver Faendryl wristband, a polished brass cricket box, a translucent specter skin scabbard, a blackened mithglin chain, a pitch black kilt, a pair of astounding dark panther pelt boots, a silver crescent moon tattoo, and some shadowy black stalking leathers.
>

No containers.

Lizard weighs 5? Lizard box weighs 5. What a sorcerer is doing in chain is beyond me, but that weighs a bit I bet.

I had to locker my lizard/box because of just that. Sad ain't it.

Tsa`ah
09-11-2003, 05:15 PM
He's in double leather "shadowy black stalking leathers". I believe originally from the second or third Jug.

The chain is not armor.

Kourdeliah
09-12-2003, 03:32 AM
That's going to be such an annoying change.. As a halfling I get weighed down easily enough as it is!!! Now I'll be heavy AND easier to hit...

HappyGuyJr
09-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Be careful around kobolds then.. as I hear if they catch you.. kobolds prefer 'halflin' luv' almost as much as punting them around the village.. aparently has something to do with the way they squeek?

Originally posted by Kourdeliah
That's going to be such an annoying change.. As a halfling I get weighed down easily enough as it is!!! Now I'll be heavy AND easier to hit...

Weedmage Princess
09-12-2003, 10:25 AM
That's what I was going to say...a sorcerer in chain

Also, what race are you?

HappyGuyJr
09-12-2003, 10:56 AM
move along.. nothin' to see here :lol:

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by HappyGuyJr]

AnticorRifling
09-12-2003, 10:20 PM
That chain is a ring holding chain, he's wearing stalking leathers folks. And I used to be training for torso chain before the armor changes :) it's not so far fetched.

Xcalibur
09-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Actually, i hunted my 61 claidh wizard with chain, just haste 2, with like 25% hinderance, claw were just doing small tap love

hail clonestones!

Artha
09-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Hey, Klaive...you know you have a hammer stuck in you, right?

You are wearing an elegant steel forging-hammer

Neildo
09-13-2003, 02:49 AM
That chain armor he's wearing is of no concern as it doesn't add encumberance unless it weights more than normal. You can have a halfling with a 20 strength and constitution wearing regular full plate and no armor training and he'll not be encumbered. He'll suck at dodging manuever attacks due to no armor use, yeah, but his encumberance will be fine. And if that plate is lightened, he can carry a lot more than usual.

- N