PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help from the Gemstone Community

velderan
12-14-2016, 09:53 AM
Ok so I've been playing GS since it was on AOL. Like most of you, I have taken breaks here and there, but something about the magic of this game always pulls me back in; the complex mechanics, the interactive and passionate community, the history of the world, even the little flavor text echos like squirrels in the square throwing acorns just brings a brightness that you don't find in most games, and certainly not in graphical games. I am currently on such a break, but it hasn't been a large gap like other times, so many of you probably still know me.

I come to the community I have been part of for over 20 years for aid. Just over two weeks ago, my family discovered that my wife's dog (side note, she loves this animal more than she loves me) has canine osteosarcoma in her front right leg. For all of us, there was no question what decision had to be made, and we chose to amputate the leg, which happened two weeks ago today. It's never a good time to have this kind of news hit your family, but right as spending is expected to ramp up for the holidays, being hit with something like this is a special breed of damaging. I have older children (12-13) so they are very understanding of the the sacrifices the whole family has to make in order to afford this, however as a father, seeing their faces when they ask me for something for Christmas and I am forced to remind them that things are going to be pretty bare under the tree is a new kind of parental pain I'd have rather lived without.

Veterinary offices do not generally allow payment plans, so all costs had to be covered up front. If you can, please take the time to read more details here:

https://www.gofundme.com/32i4cr4

And if you feel so inclined, please spread the word through your social media accounts, facebook, twitter, instagram?

Thanks for reading,
Vayek/Ferliev--RL: Justin

velderan
02-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and the support I received from this. Aria Jade was put down earlier today after 10 days of rapidly declining health. The support I receive from this wonderful community and others allowed my family three more months with our beloved dog, and as hard as it was to watch my wife hold her and sob, I know that she is no longer suffering. Again, thank you all, those who helped and those who reached out with kind words.

Ltlprprincess
02-17-2017, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your dog.