PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite people to RP with.

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:09 PM
This is where you post your favorite people to roleplay with.

I don't mean your best friends, I mean people that maybe you're friends with... people you run into and have good roleplay with.

Roleplay doesn't include OOC friendship!

I'd have to say some of my favorites are Mithumbras, Alisaire, Thrassus, Sepher, Aeillwyna, Malikary, Kadesha (after we stopped hating each other), Culvin, Jesae, Brakian, Aasterinian, Jamus, Kinshack, Kraydak, Galesmight (though he's a bit OOC), Mekthros, Pyrocite, Maliku, Cappurnicus, Divid, Brakian, and Stay.

There's more... but I'm low on brain power at the moment.

Edited to add: Inspired by the Platinum Kobold competition in the Golden Kobold folder on the official boards -- except that turned out like a best OOC friend/popularity contest. None of that!

And then edited to change format... Bleh.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Maimara]

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Maimara]

Bobmuhthol
09-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Maimara.

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:12 PM
You don't roleplay with me.

Bobmuhthol
09-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Sure I do.

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:23 PM
I think Maimara has met you like, once... we didn't RP... unless you're talking about another character, or just being a jackass.

DCSL
09-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Hm... sadly, the last interesting role-play I had was with Turinrond at the Artisan's Faire, but that's not like a continuous thing...

Damnit, Maimara, where do you hang that you get all the good RP?!

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Me! i'm so awesome ;o) actually i like roleplaying with lleonie

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:39 PM
I did a lot of RP in the Griffin Sword Saga, but most of the RP I get is way outside that, but tied in with Maimara's religion.

In the past few months, Maimara's been in a sort of self-imposed seclusion. She's been coming o ut of it, but it's not easy to find people that can roleplay. Which is why posting those you find to be good at it here might be nice. A little OOC, maybe, but when you see someone that someone has said is a good roleplayer, you may be more inclined to engage in roleplay with them... I really hate when I go out of my way to RP with someone and they go totally OOC about 10 minutes later.

DCSL
09-09-2003, 08:58 PM
I have a hard time initiating roleplay, I'm afraid, even as much as I love doing it. I mean, what am I supposed to do?

Cold, Haughty Nalfein says, "So. I see you are a filthy human. How is that going for you?"

None of my characters seem to be the type to reach out and initiate, and my current main character is such a cold piece of work, I think it puts people off. No one wants to put in the energy to find out more after that sort of introduction. Not that I blame them, heh!

Plus, everyone already has these immense storylines going... how the hell do I break into that? I don't want to IM someone outside the game and say, "Hey, could you introduce me to a few key people and somehow get me involved?" I really like the Solhaven group but they're all so... deep into their own thing, the thing they have with popular, well-established characters, that they're not real open (most.. not all!) to accepting new ties.

Blargh. Sorry for using your thread as a little ranting area. It's just so frustrating.

To be on topic... uh... I really liked role-playing with Timeroc's familiar. And Ekrem's familiar too. Lysistrata really seems to open up to familiars.

Zir
09-09-2003, 09:01 PM
I dont think I've ever roleplayed.

DCSL
09-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Zir
I dont think I've ever roleplayed.

You scrape by on Zir's boyish charm.

Betheny
09-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Maimara doesn't generally initiate RP either. It's really hard to play a character that's an introvert, and yet still convey their whole ordeal. Religion gave me a way to do that.

With my Nalfein, it's different. You have to find your niche. It could be a PRO, a place to hang out, a religion, a particular like or dislike...

Drew2
09-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Maimara doesn't generally initiate RP either. It's really hard to play a character that's an introvert, and yet still convey their whole ordeal. Religion gave me a way to do that.

With my Nalfein, it's different. You have to find your niche. It could be a PRO, a place to hang out, a religion, a particular like or dislike...
Hehe! Find your niche! Maimara owns Garden Niche. Bwahaha.

ok to be on topic um... Kasia, Alastrina, Kleyn, Khaitiff, various other people in Icemule. Some know how to handle conflict, and others are just plain fun to be silly with.

Hips
09-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by DCSL
To be on topic... uh... I really liked role-playing with Timeroc's familiar. And Ekrem's familiar too. Lysistrata really seems to open up to familiars.

Michi got "married" to a familiar once. Whirlin flipped out though, which was hysterical and quite possibly the best part of it all.

Betheny
09-09-2003, 09:47 PM
I would've said Tayre, but our characters don't really know each other very well. And they kind of hate each other.

Culvin
09-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Hm. I'd have to say my favorites are Nilandia, Maimara, Silunes, Eponyne, Hotep and Naela.

In no order, of course. And that's all I could think of.

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
and Stay.

You so want me.

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Evelith rocks.
Svardin is insane.
Maimara is interesting; just another person caught in my web.
Anmut knows not what she toils with.

A few others I am aquainted with.

Hey Dex, I have the same trouble. Mainly because Stay is a reclusive character of sorts, enduring a self-imposed exile in a town full of little idiots. Me and Maimara' pretty much started RPing together simply because we'd been talking OOG. Now this itself could be considered an OOC act itself, but if it leads to more fun, I feel we can be forgiven :D

Come to mule or "run" into Stay one day. I am sure we could have some fun.

HayanTsu
10-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Um... There's too many of them to mark them all here.. so i'll narrow my list to:

Morilinde, Siirmal, Yukito, Tierus, Maimara, Charna, Aramana, Kinshack, Juspera, Jacina, Divid, Mekthros, Dreen, Siwas, Songowl, Alisaire, Alexiel...

That's it for tonight. So many more characters i'd like to meet, tho.

[K e e p]
[Frozen]

Betheny
10-03-2003, 07:46 AM
Hopefully some fun people will come to Illistim.

I find Stahks to be infinitely amusing, there. I haven't really talked to anyone else in the area, though, sadly.

AnticorRifling
10-03-2003, 08:57 AM
When I get settled with this new job and stuff I'll be in more and I am all about Illistim.

Miss X
10-03-2003, 08:57 AM
Stahks is funny..... but I think he thinks Chica has a crush on him cos she wont accept his tips! :lol:
Vx

10-03-2003, 11:29 AM
well I quite enjoy role-playing with myself. saberwolv is always an amusing one to get riled up, and yukito... the mute is enjoyable at times to pick on.... only problem is he never says anything back and Edine is to lazy to read what he writes. augie is a fun one to try and step on as well as Taffie, Taffie Sunbeam when she is about ill have to toss Emberbrite in there to, where would Edine be without a partner in crime to add to he deliousions

Wezas
10-03-2003, 11:36 AM
I hate to agree with Edine, but Saberwolv is one of the main characters I enjoy RPing with. Along with Saber, I would include:

Basso (Wish he was around more)
Barumples (Takes an idea to the limit)

and yes....

an Edine

Jolena
10-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Hmm.. I had the pleasure of interacting with Mekthros, Tierus and Yukito last night.. it was a lot of fun. Even though Tierus hated Jolena I think and wanted to eat her like some fresh piece of meat on a hook lol I also enjoy rping with Michiko, Ariond, Whirlin and Stun. There are a lot of folks out there I have heard about that I would love to get involved with but haven't been able to as of yet unfortunately..oddly enough most of them are rumored to be associated with DA or just evil people haha. What can I say..I enjoy a good bad guy.

Kestrel
10-31-2003, 12:43 AM
Cutting myself off at five individuals, I would have to say that among my favorite ones to roleplay with are Aramana, Charna, Jacinto, Ruhk, and Ysharra -- not necessarily in that order and certainly not all-inclusive. I name these ones due to the fact that interactions with them have not only left a meaningful and lasting impact on my character(s), but they have also left a meaningful and lasting impact on *me*, leaving me with only the desire to interact with them further.

Hips
10-31-2003, 01:23 AM
RPing with Edaarin (to some extent, anyway) is fun because he's super. And because he beats up Yetere. -snicker-

And now it's bedtime. Hurray.

Shari
11-25-2003, 01:13 AM
I was nominated! <shocked>

Well, I'm very honored that you would think of me to add to this post.

I must say you put me to shame whenever I try to rp with you because you're so damned good at it, Mai.

I think I need to head to Illistim again because Jesae has no one to start trouble with lately and she's getting bored.

Fraidycat
11-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Edine, Saberwolv, Chadj, Larailia, Ravishina (hate that we can't hunt together anymore, I fucking hate whoever deeded her previous character).
No particular order . . and I know I have fergotten lots.

Shimm

11-27-2003, 10:17 PM
but i was put at the start for a reason right?

Betheny
11-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
I was nominated! <shocked>

Well, I'm very honored that you would think of me to add to this post.

I must say you put me to shame whenever I try to rp with you because you're so damned good at it, Mai.

Aww, I feel flattered. But really, you should come out to Illistim. Who better to start trouble than a freaky half-insane Mularosian and a wicked temptress Ivasian?!

Shari
12-03-2003, 03:25 PM
You know the more I think about that the better it sounds.

Maybe I'll make a trip out there.