PDA

View Full Version : Weird (Tillmen's Fault)

Ceyrin
12-03-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm blaming Tillmen for this.

--- error: server_thread: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[lnet: connection lost]
--- error: server_thread: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Please explain?

Soulance
12-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Not weird. Happens every now and again - lnet goes down and you'll see this. But yes, we blame Tillmen.

Maybe if you donate him some monies it won't happen!

Gelston
12-03-2016, 04:00 PM
I blame the baby Jesus.

Tillmen
12-03-2016, 07:40 PM
That's not actually related to lnet. The "server_thread" part of the message indicates the error happened in the thread responsible for reading from and writing to the game server. The rest of the message just means that the connection to the game stopped working for some reason. The reason could be almost anything, such as the game server going down, your ISP sucking, or you hitting your router with a hammer.

Donquix
12-03-2016, 07:45 PM
That's not actually related to lnet. The "server_thread" part of the message indicates the error happened in the thread responsible for reading from and writing to the game server. The rest of the message just means that the connection to the game stopped working for some reason. The reason could be almost anything, such as the game server going down, your ISP sucking, or you hitting your router with a hammer.

Look, if the connection to lnet isn't router-hammer compliant, you didn't implement it according to the RFC properly.

Your fault.

Ceyrin
12-03-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Donquix, because I was definitely hitting my router with a hammer prior to this issue.

On a serious note, I figured I would pass this along in case it required any further investigation.

Thanks for the follow-up, Tillmen.