PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Solo Hunt a 50's Cleric?

fallenSaint
12-11-2004, 11:59 AM
So with the fixskill I moved to brawl and shield and disgustingly overtrained cleric spells to boost my 302, and I hunt bane ... level 56 and cant quite seem to hold my own anywhere I go. Anyone have some suggestions for hunting grounds? Im not much for hunting with others and just want to pull some more levels as I wait to convert him to paladin.

Miss X
12-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Come to EN and try the glacier or the black forest hon, I'm happy to show you around the hunting areas, but you know that already. ;)

Alarke
12-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Put up your training plan please? It'll be easier for me to get an idea of what you're doing and give me an idea of where you can hunt.

fallenSaint
12-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Right trying to prevent posting my training as I got a bit overzealous in an attempt to raise my CS... but yeh:

Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Shield Use..........................| 157 57
Brawling.............................| 157 57
Physical Fitness..................| 105 25
Arcane Symbols..................| 157 57
Magic Item Use...................| 157 57
Harness Power...................| 190 90
Spirit Mana Control.............| 157 57
Spiritual Lore - Blessings....| 50 10
Spiritual Lore - Religion.......| 156 56
Perception..........................| 90 20
Climbing.............................| 78 17
Swimming..........................| 78 17

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 27

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 30

Spell Lists
Cleric................................| 85

If anyone is curious ... wasnt worth it....

Alarke
12-11-2004, 03:02 PM
If this were me personally, i would lower religion lore to 50 (unless you're planning on going to 100 with it), drop HP to 1x, since you dont use 111 the excess mana really isnt needed IMO, lower MIU and AS to something reasonable (since you aren't using a runestaff, unless you use this skills a LOT 1x in each is excessive i feel. I would suggest raising your armor to brig (35 ranks), but doubles will work if you dont want to change, and put all your extra points into your cleric circle. You can never have too many cleric spells. At your training i would guess i had about 100-102 cleric spells, and im currently overtrained in cleric by 60 spells and would highly suggest it.

Just my thoughts on the plan, it really does look good as a whole, and you'd be fine hunting the glacier in illistim and the blighted forest with deaths every so often (charges).

fallenSaint
12-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Do you hunt undead any yourself? The one problem I had with my plan is Im pretty much stuck hunting living consistantly. Not that Im so sure Ill stick with him as a cleric when I get the chance to convert.

Also suggested ranks on MIU and AS? I kinda pulled him out of retirement for the fixskills and didnt even think too much before jumping at the brawl and shield option.

[Edited on 12-11-2004 by fallenSaint]

Alarke
12-11-2004, 03:44 PM
The AS and MIU thing is up to you, i personally have 24 ranks MIU and i dont read scrolls, seeing as i never use them at an urgent time. I bane, which is also what i would suggest for 50+ in order for quicker easier hunting, but at the same time either in the rift or tower there are always undead i can use 312 on and kill them in two shots.

Mistomeer
12-11-2004, 04:09 PM
What's your CS?

I hunted the glacier at the level, with a similar training plan, although at that point, i don't think I had any lore, MIU, or AS. My Harness power has always been 1x, and I had 24 ranks of SMC at that point. I also hunted vor'taz around then.

Flurbins
12-11-2004, 04:59 PM
You can tear the illistim glacier apart solo hunting starting at 48 trains easy.

Smite aligned, 1x harness power, 2x spells, 2x spell aim, no problem.

[Edited on 12-11-2004 by Flurbins]

fallenSaint
12-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Alarke
The AS and MIU thing is up to you, i personally have 24 ranks MIU and i dont read scrolls, seeing as i never use them at an urgent time. I bane, which is also what i would suggest for 50+ in order for quicker easier hunting, but at the same time either in the rift or tower there are always undead i can use 312 on and kill them in two shots.

Esh, appreciate your insight made me feel a bit less stupid with this training! Wish I had checked on the forums before using the fixskill so ive got about a month to get all the final steps tweaked but from what it seems I can be hunting the glacier fine in the meantime.

Appreicate everyones responce greatly!

fallenSaint
12-17-2004, 11:21 AM
In case anyone cares tweaked the training up and ran a hunt out on the glacier the other night and I did quite well. Was a relief to actually get a hunt in! 317 turned out to do exceptionally well on the morphs I critted most of them first or second cast which impressed me greatly. Anyhow appreciate the input I got from everyone.