PDA

View Full Version : How much do you make from hunts?

macgyver
11-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Regular hunting (no super jazzed up 5 man script hunting or some such nonesense) for 1 character how much do you make in 1 hour?

I make round about 80k an hour as a level 50 on average; seems quite low for some reason.. Doing something wrong?

Wrathbringer
11-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Regular hunting (no super jazzed up 5 man script hunting or some such nonesense) for 1 character how much do you make in 1 hour?

I make round about 80k an hour as a level 50 on average; seems quite low for some reason.. Doing something wrong?

Yes. Posting too much.

Taernath
11-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Depends almost entirely on what you hunt.

macgyver
11-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Depends almost entirely on what you hunt.

Skinning mostly. I heard skinning has the most bang for your buck. What has nice skins at level 50; mostly hunting mammoths, mastodons in pinefar.

Durgrimst
11-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Myklians

Viekn
11-22-2016, 04:26 PM
Skinning mostly. I heard skinning has the most bang for your buck. What has nice skins at level 50; mostly hunting mammoths, mastodons in pinefar.

I would imagine gems/treasure give you the most in the long run. And if you're hunting for good skins, those animals aren't the ones typically giving you good treasure.

macgyver
11-22-2016, 04:33 PM
I would imagine gems/treasure give you the most in the long run. And if you're hunting for good skins, those animals aren't the ones typically giving you good treasure.

This is what I'm thinking as well; especially since one unique boxfound worth millions can skew your income generation for the entire year.

bluecenterlight
11-22-2016, 04:44 PM

High value skins and rich hunting areas aren't typically discussed so it's highly unlikely that you will get a good answer to this, simply because naming it on the boards will send folks there, increasing the hunting pressure and decreasing the price. In my experience the best way to find good skins and nice drops is to go out and look. Open up some maps and look for areas that are out of the way or creatures that are difficult (aka nasty maneuvers). If you put in the work, you can definitely reap the rewards.

- Whill

Luftstreitkräfte
11-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Zul Logoth. All I'm gonna say.

Ososis
11-22-2016, 09:08 PM
High value skins and rich hunting areas aren't typically discussed so it's highly unlikely that you will get a good answer to this, simply because naming it on the boards will send folks there, increasing the hunting pressure and decreasing the price. In my experience the best way to find good skins and nice drops is to go out and look. Open up some maps and look for areas that are out of the way or creatures that are difficult (aka nasty maneuvers). If you put in the work, you can definitely reap the rewards.

- Whill

Asking McGyver to actually PLAY the game has yet to work out in any situation. Good thought though.

Enuch
11-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Rivers rest is quite prosperous. You just roll the dice on if you die as most of the time the town is pretty sparse.

macgyver
11-22-2016, 09:59 PM
Rivers rest is quite prosperous. You just roll the dice on if you die as most of the time the town is pretty sparse.

RR is hard mode GS style. I've decayed so many times there. If you have a cleric alt on another account it can be bearable; otherwise don't recommend it.

Neveragain
11-22-2016, 10:14 PM

It's ok skinning there, but the skins are too heavy in that area to maximize your carrying capacity. There's not a whole lot of areas that drop both good skins and treasure, most of them that do are in areas that make you feel like a hermit. Normally being a good treasure hunter requires you to choose between being involved or a life of solitude.

Hoodtralfeck
11-23-2016, 01:14 AM
hunting on my level 80 mage in minoturs . I make about 20-40k , more if i find some 4x or better gear

WRoss
11-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Zul Logoth. All I'm gonna say.

I've been hunting Zul off and on for a few years and it seems to be the brokest it's been that I've ever seen. There is a nice small community there and it's not poor by any means. It's just not rich like it usually is.

cholodeamor
11-23-2016, 11:21 AM
I just moved my character to RR, a level 18 cleric. So ... I'm a hero. If I got to play more. I'll rez you.