PDA

View Full Version : More of those Warm Fuzzy Moments

TheRoseLady
12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
You think that we could get any more nasty GMs on staff? We were standing there and this transpired in a matter of seconds. There wasn't even enough time to move to the exit before she turned on the bitch switch. I could understand if folks were dawdling around and not leaving - but hell - you couldn't get the command in fast enough to suit her.

I've been in a shop before that had to be closed, never seen this sort of reaction. I hope the upsells team are listening - you do 10 good things and it gets erased by a badge heavy GM who apparently is impressed with her authority.

----------

The voice of Vaschka says, "Hi folks, I need you to step out. We'll be open later."
J>
Moswell just arrived.
J>
Vaschka suddenly fades into sight beside you.
J>l
[Majekul Stoofs]
A bit of light is shed over the area inside this tent by a number of lanterns hung here and there. The light from each lantern seems to shift about and with a quick glance you notice that within each is a number of glowworms creating the effect. This spacious tent is almost completely barren and if not for the few personal trunks, a moving crate, and display tables, it would be. Off to one side is a tent flap; it appears to be the only means of egress. You also see the Brimzstone disk, a raffle table with some stuff on it, an old grey parchment hanging on the wall, an old tan parchment hanging on the wall, a brown marble table with some stuff on it, a pink marble table with some stuff on it, a white marble table with some stuff on it and a black marble table with some stuff on it.
Also here: Moswell, Archevald, GameMaster Vaschka, Balinworn, Great Lord Maeillwynn, Lord Brimzstone
Obvious exits: none
J>
Brimzstone whines.
J>look vas
J>
You see GameMaster Vaschka.
She appears to be a Human of the Tehir tribes.
She appears to be senescent and tall. She has twelve pupilless burnt umber eyes and rich chestnut brown skin. She has long, braided black hair styled in thick matted locks. She has a round face, a small flared nose and dark-tinted broad lips. She has three upward pointing chevrons inked on the front of her neck ending in a simple starburst on her chin.
She has a slithering leech tattoo on her arm.
She is in good shape.
She is holding some onion and grilled goat kibbeh in her right hand.
She is wearing some thong sandals, a rope-tied raw linen loincloth, a sleeveless airy brown robe, and a rope basket.
J>
Brimzstone nods to Vaschka.
J>'okay
You say, "Okay."
J>
Vaschka says, "Leave now."
J>blink vas
J>
You blink at Vaschka.
J>
Lord Brimzstone's group just went through a tent flap.
[Fairgrounds, Midway]
The packed dirt path that winds through the grass pasture comes to an end here against a brightly garlanded wooden fence. A small tree grows against the wooden posts, its sheltering branches serving as home to a family of songbirds. You also see a bright red and gold tent, a large wagon painted with images of various weapons and a large modwir wagon.
Also here: Lord Brimzstone, Lady Fossilona
Obvious paths: west
J>
Jaynah's group just arrived.
J>
A white cheetah saunters in.
J>
Archevald just arrived.
J>
Jaynah's group just went west.
J>
Great Lord Maeillwynn's group just arrived.
J>
Lady Fossilona just went west.
J>
Maeillwynn glances at Balinworn.
J>
Archevald just went through a bright red and gold tent.
J>whisper group they didn't have to get that rude
You whisper, "They didn't have to get that rude." to your group.
J>
A white cheetah scrambles out of sight.
J>
Maeillwynn melodically asks, "Whats that about?"
J>
Archevald just arrived.
J>
Balinworn grins at Maeillwynn.
J>
* Yean just bit the dust!
J>
Moswell just arrived.
J>
Brimzstone nods to you.
J>
Archevald just went through a large wagon painted with images of various weapons.
J>
Maeillwynn melodically asks, "Who done what?"
J>
Balinworn shakes his head.
J>

Soulpieced
12-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Simple solution, don't go to merchants and you don't have to deal with GM's :grin:

HarmNone
12-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Yikes! You gotta wonder what brought on an approach like that!:eek:

Jay
12-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone

She probably screwed up something in the shop and was angsting about fixing it.

HarmNone
12-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Heh. That was my feeling, Jay. ;)

12-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Obviously she took customer relation lessons from Brauden.

- Arkans

Brattt8525
12-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Jay

She probably screwed up something in the shop and was angsting about fixing it.

She needed to get that MASTERFULLY CRIT PADDED 10X ARMOR <sale price $20,000> OFF THE SHELF.

theotherjohn
12-12-2004, 12:36 PM

the GMs friends were not logged in yet to be the first to get services

TheRoseLady
12-12-2004, 02:27 PM
It would appear that the big crisis was that the bravery doodads (no I'm not kidding) the cyan ones were selling 2k for 10 rubs, which of course is a nice bargain. But it's definitely not something that was going to crash the game or even on the same par as the 6x mithril hauberks going for 10k or whatever it was...

The doodads are now 20k.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-12-2004, 02:29 PM
there is 6x mithril hauberk for sale?

TheRoseLady
12-12-2004, 02:44 PM
No, this was some other merchant a long time ago that made that mistake.

Sean of the Thread
12-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Either that or she knows the merchant whores and treats them as such.

Skeeter
12-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Why be surprised? She wasn't that nice when she was just a player. :shrug:

TheRoseLady
12-12-2004, 04:01 PM
I kind of expect the GM to not be the same as their character. That would imply that she is nothing but a dark little goth like person in game and real life. Oh wait! She is....

Xyelin - if that were the case re: merchant whores she would have done this when Tsin was filling his "weightless 250 lbs container" up. :lol: He actually said something like that in front of the merchant. But I'll pass on further commentary on merchant whores, it goes both ways. They exist and there are those who are jealous that they don't have the money, time, effort or whatever.

StrayRogue
12-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Isn't that Naamit?

Jay
12-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Isn't that Naamit?

Yes.

Rhymes with?

Tsa`ah
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
I rather liked Naamit when I did play.

I can understand getting upset over a GM being short with you, but when they say you need to step out ... type out. Not "look vas" or "whine" ... just go.

Chances are they were frazzled to begin with.

HarmNone
12-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jay

Originally posted by StrayRogue
Isn't that Naamit?

Yes.

Rhymes with?

Varmint, said by someone from Boston?

HarmNone slinks off

Sean of the Thread
12-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
I kind of expect the GM to not be the same as their character. That would imply that she is nothing but a dark little goth like person in game and real life. Oh wait! She is....

Xyelin - if that were the case re: merchant whores she would have done this when Tsin was filling his "weightless 250 lbs container" up. :lol: He actually said something like that in front of the merchant. But I'll pass on further commentary on merchant whores, it goes both ways. They exist and there are those who are jealous that they don't have the money, time, effort or whatever.

Whatever, there are merchant whores and thats what they like to do so more power to em. I am comfy with my wealth without being a merchant whore or muling.

Point is if you have time to "look vas" and "whine" you had twice that much time to "go out"

Don't take it personally but don't bitch about it either.

Artha
12-12-2004, 06:09 PM
That would imply that she is nothing but a dark little goth like person in game and real life. Oh wait! She is....

Excellent! "She said something I think was mean in GemStone so now it's time for real world insults!"

She told you to leave, it's not that big of a deal.

Parkbandit
12-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin

Whatever, there are merchant whores and thats what they like to do so more power to em. I am comfy with my wealth without being a merchant whore or muling.

Point is if you have time to "look vas" and "whine" you had twice that much time to "go out"

Don't take it personally but don't bitch about it either.

Yea, because typing LOOK VAS and WHINE takes all of 2 seconds.

The GM was clearly in the wrong here. She was in her GM character and as such should conduct herself in a professional manner when speaking with paying customers. She clearly didn't.

This wasn't a roleplay on the part of the GM.. this was simply piss poor customer service.

StrayRogue
12-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Artha

That would imply that she is nothing but a dark little goth like person in game and real life. Oh wait! She is....

Excellent! "She said something I think was mean in GemStone so now it's time for real world insults!"

She told you to leave, it's not that big of a deal.

The irony is, the reverse can be applied to Naamit.

12-13-2004, 09:33 AM
GMs do not need to be nice. The majority of the player base will take their piss poor attitude.

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
12-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Yea, because typing LOOK VAS and WHINE takes all of 2 seconds.

As does BUY [#][item][location], stow [item]

[up] enter
[up] enter
[up] enter

The GM was clearly in the wrong here. She was in her GM character and as such should conduct herself in a professional manner when speaking with paying customers. She clearly didn't.

Matter of perspective I guess.

When a GM does a general broadcast to a room, telling those in the room to please leave. That tells me ... leave.

We don't know how long it was between broadcast, appearance, and mandate.

We do know that we read this

The voice of Vaschka says, "Hi folks, I need you to step out. We'll be open later."

We don't know how much time passes, what happens between that and the time she appeared. Could be a few seconds, could be a minute. Who knows? I do know it takes less that a second to hit "O" on the keyboard and then enter. How long should she allow?

So, she broadcasts the request, then appears. After that we have a look at the room, any reading during that look? Then we have looking at the GM, more reading?
Then we're acknowledging the request with "Okay".

Now all of the above is dawdling. The GM was obviously concerned about some of the pricing, it had to be fixed.

I know that while I worked closing at a cafe in college, if I said ... ok folks .... closing up, time to leave, and the customers started looking me and the store over as I stood there waiting for them to leave ... I would say "Now".

Rude? Sure. Out of line? Only if the customers showed signs of leaving. It was apparent in this case that they were not.

This wasn't a role-play on the part of the GM.. this was simply piss poor customer service.

Not stellar in either category no. Worth a post on a message board as a complaint? Probably not either.

We have seen worse, from complaint to post to treatment.

Parkbandit
12-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Because we have seen worse customer service from Simutronics does not change whether this was good or bad. The words "LEAVE NOW" will never be uttered at my place of business when I am conversing with a paying customer. Period.

There are much better ways of getting the point across without being rude to your guests.

Vaschka says, "Guys, please go so I can fix something quick."
Vaschka jokenly exclaims, "Don't make me throw you all out!"
Vaschka says, "I'm counting to 5.. whoever is still in here will be turned into DARK ELVES!"
Vaschka says, "It will just take me a minute guys.. please find your way out"
Vaschka says, "I have a whip and I'm not afraid to use it. OUT!"
Vaschka says, "The longer you hang out inside here, the longer it will take me to reopen it back up. Help me out!"

To simply say "Leave now" shows me that the GM has not been properly trained in customer service or simply doesn't care.

AnticorRifling
12-13-2004, 10:31 AM
When I was helped the guide find the shop in Vaalor and we went in and it wasn't ready she just asked if I could step outside til things were in order. I did, no big deal. Parkbandit is old Well it took alot longer to fix than what she thought. So I left to go handle some things and I got a send saying thanks for helping me find the store it's up and running now.

Easy enough.

Parkbandit
12-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
When I was helped the guide find the shop in Vaalor and we went in and it wasn't ready she just asked if I could step outside til things were in order. I did, no big deal. Parkbandit is old Well it took alot longer to fix than what she thought. So I left to go handle some things and I got a send saying thanks for helping me find the store it's up and running now.

Easy enough.

We are not discussing the fact that for once you didn't get lost going somewhere. We are also not discussing that for once you did as you were asked. You will get a big shiney happy face for being a good boy to give to your Mommy and she can display it proudly on your refrigerator door.

We are discussing whether or not the GM used proper customer service skills when communicating to guests. In this instance, she did not.

Tsa`ah
12-13-2004, 11:16 AM
With that I will agree, but as you know ... you get what you pay for.

She didn't get the CS she paid for, but the CS Simu is willing to pay.

Yes, the CS was bad. Then again piddle farting around after you've been asked to go ... well ... in this game that's asking for it.

It could have been handled better on both side, even you would agree with that.

TheRoseLady
12-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Yes, the CS was bad. Then again piddle farting around after you've been asked to go ... well ... in this game that's asking for it.

It could have been handled better on both side, even you would agree with that.

When a GM does a general broadcast to a room, telling those in the room to please leave. That tells me ... leave.

We don't know how long it was between broadcast, appearance, and mandate.

We do know that we read this

We don't know how much time passes, what happens between that and the time she appeared. Could be a few seconds, could be a minute. Who knows? I do know it takes less that a second to hit "O" on the keyboard and then enter. How long should she allow?

So, she broadcasts the request, then appears. After that we have a look at the room, any reading during that look? Then we have looking at the GM, more reading?
Then we're acknowledging the request with "Okay".

Now all of the above is dawdling. The GM was obviously concerned about some of the pricing, it had to be fixed.

I know that while I worked closing at a cafe in college, if I said ... ok folks .... closing up, time to leave, and the customers started looking me and the store over as I stood there waiting for them to leave ... I would say "Now".

Rude? Sure. Out of line? Only if the customers showed signs of leaving. It was apparent in this case that they were not.

This wasn't a role-play on the part of the GM.. this was simply piss poor customer service.

Not stellar in either category no. Worth a post on a message board as a complaint? Probably not either.

We have seen worse, from complaint to post to treatment.

I will be the judge of what I consider worthy enough for me to post. It made me feel better to get this off my chest and you are free to disagree.

To be honest, your post really demonstrated to me that you simply did not read my commentary thoroughly to see that I said it happened in a matter of seconds. Would you just obey anyone that said anything in a room just because they said something? I looked at her to see who she was, that took a second.

Second, if you would look at the room you would see that's there's no, OUT. You have to read the room to find the exit. Anyone who has been in a merchant tent knows that this takes more than the nanosecond that you apparently think was all that was needed to obey a faceless voice from the shadows.

I realize that it's hard to judge a log, but I did expect you to be a bit more thoughtful and not rip off the usual - you must have done something wrong and therefore you shoulder the blame garbage.

There was no pissing around. It might be hard to imagine that on occasion that the player is actually correct. She could have and should have handled it differently - there was ZERO reason for her to be rude, there was no fussing or waiting around. It's just that simple.

Caramia
12-13-2004, 07:19 PM
If there was a problem of such a nature that people needed to leave in order for it to be fixed, then staying around, saying okay and still checking out what the GM looks like, I can understand her terse manner. When the police or a fireman tells you to move along, there's nothing to see or you're in the way, you don't continue to hang around and gawk.

Brimz
12-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Heh gotta love GM's they stick together all I gotta say... I will be writing to feedback however. Its not right how all of my money goes to bitches that who got a stick stuck up their ass 24/7

Heh where I work If I told someone to leave like that because something wasn't right I get a pink slip the same day...

I have removed the post copied below from the General Discussion topic
for being off-topic.

I definitely understand the concern contained in your post. However,
it's generally inappropriate to discuss your interactions with game
staff on the GSIV Forums. Instead, if you have a concern regarding an
interaction you've had with game staff, it's best to forward that
concern to GSFEEDBACK@SIMUTRONICS.COM, who will then forward that
concern to the staff member's SGM for review.

If you merely wanted to share the experience and comment on it, it
would have been best to remove the staff member's name from your log.

If you want to repost your message, you should feel free to do so after
having removed the name of the staff member.

If you have any questions about my action in removing your message,
please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your
satisfaction.

Sincerely,

~
Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
~

==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Four Winds Hall
Topic: General Discussion
Msg#: 914
Subject: Wow talk about rude...

Clair and I were shopping in that shop and testing out the items. this
happens

There is no reason at all to be this rude.

The voice of Vaschka says, "Hi folks, I need you to step out. We'll be
open later."

[Majekul Stoofs]
A bit of light is shed over the area inside this tent by a number of
lanterns hung here and there. The light from each lantern seems to
shift about and with a quick glance you notice that within each is a
number of glowworms creating the effect. This spacious tent is almost
completely barren and if not for the few personal trunks, a moving
crate, and display tables, it would be. Off to one side is a tent
flap; it appears to be the only means of egress. You also see the
Brimzstone disk, a raffle table with some stuff on it, an old grey
parchment hanging on the wall, an old tan parchment hanging on the
wall, a brown marble table with some stuff on it, a pink marble table
with some stuff on it, a white marble table with some stuff on it and a
black marble table with some stuff on it.
Also here: Moswell, Archevald, GameMaster Vaschka, Balinworn, Great
Lord Maeillwynn, Clair

(not even 3 seconds and she says this)

Vaschka says, "Leave now."

I won't even bother commenting about it, since there is nothing more to
say except that she is just plain rude.

==== END COPY OF POST ====

Caramia
12-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Amazing what a fuss people make over something so petty.

Brimz
12-13-2004, 07:26 PM
It doesn't matter what we do or say. WE are the consumers not them. She had no authority what so ever since she is just a worker. To kick us out like that. She wasn't some government person. She is a customer service person. Obviously one who didn't pass her customer service part of the job. I will see to it that she gets a warning or what not from her superiors. Think about it would you like to be shopping and someone tells you to get the hell out. Too bad swearing isn't common in gs or we we probably hear her say now get the hell out.

Honestly we all pay the same amount we should all be treated with some respect. If she is in a bitchy mood 24/7 then she shouldn't of applied to be a gm. I know I suck at art So I won't try to be an artist.

Brim

Brimz
12-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Caramia

Obviously that can also go both ways.. It was obviously a fuss that they had to pull my post...

Brim

TheRoseLady
12-13-2004, 07:54 PM

I totally agree Caramia. She shouldn't have gotten so fussy over us actually taking more than a nanosecond to leave the tent. Thanks for your support.

Eiderfleur
12-13-2004, 07:56 PM

I totally agree Caramia. She shouldn't have gotten so fussy over us actually taking more than a nanosecond to leave the tent. Thanks for your support.

hehe :lol:

CrystalTears
12-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Naamit, eh? :lol: It makes so much more sense now.

Yeah, okay, someone says that they should leave and everyone should hop out like good, obediant children. Sorry, as much as we like to think the players are because of how many tards play, the game isn't composed of children, so stop treating them like one.

It was a voice so when she came out, they looked at her to wonder who the hell she was. Did she even introduce herself? Did people know she was a GM in charge of the shop in the first place?

Maybe you bounce out of a merchant shop when someone says so, but it doesn't have to be so abrupt and so rude. If she was in THAT much of a hurry, she could have just thrown everyone out. She wanted to use her big GM voice.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-13-2004, 09:30 PM
I met Naamit once, and given the circumstances she was actually pretty cool.

Nilandia
12-13-2004, 10:10 PM
I dunno bout you, but someone fading into sight next to me is the tipoff that we're dealing with a GM. That's my cue to run.

Nilandia

Caramia
12-14-2004, 02:47 AM
Please, some of you need to get over yourselves with this attitude that just because you pay to have access to a game that you dictate how the game is run. GMs keep the game running, they enforce policy, they create events, and they also fix problems.

Sure, maybe she could have been a bit more sugary-sweet in her words and candy coat it for you. You, in turn, could be a bit more understanding that there might have been a major problem that the GM needed to resolve and you were holding them up from doing so.

TheRoseLady
12-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Please, some of you need to get over yourselves with this attitude that just because you pay to have access to a game that you dictate how the game is run. GMs keep the game running, they enforce policy, they create events, and they also fix problems.

Sure, maybe she could have been a bit more sugary-sweet in her words and candy coat it for you. You, in turn, could be a bit more understanding that there might have been a major problem that the GM needed to resolve and you were holding them up from doing so.

:yawn:

Nieninque
12-14-2004, 07:07 AM

"Excuse us folks, we have a problem with the shop. Can you all leave for a minute while we sort it, please?"

How hard was that?

HarmNone
12-14-2004, 07:34 AM
I'm not one to bash staff on a regular basis. However, it certainly isn't difficult to say "please" in a situation like this. In fact, it's a basic of customer service. :shrug:

Brattt8525
12-14-2004, 07:34 AM
Good lord, 2 pages over a GM telling someone to get out? She said it nicely the first time, they took the time to look, then she faded into sight they looked at her, one of them whined. She needed to fix something before one of those in the shop bought something. Like others said, she could have "magically" thrown you out on your butts.

I have seen merchants kill people for less. I am not saying that is right, but sheesh all this over being told to "Leave Now?"

Sean
12-14-2004, 07:43 AM

The same could be applied to you continuing to reply and make a fuss about the people making a fuss, and continues etc.

/instigation

Tsa`ah
12-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I will be the judge of what I consider worthy enough for me to post. It made me feel better to get this off my chest and you are free to disagree.

As I will be the judge of what I consider frivolous. In this case I thought it rather frivolous.

"A GM was rude to me and told me to get out now!"

To me, that is frivolous.

To be honest, your post really demonstrated to me that you simply did not read my commentary thoroughly to see that I said it happened in a matter of seconds. Would you just obey anyone that said anything in a room just because they said something? I looked at her to see who she was, that took a second.

Never assume someone did not read. I read it from top to bottom 3 times in order to make the attempt to be empathetic to the complaint. Simply because I haven't placed you into the whiner category. Were you there, I wouldn't have bothered reading.

Now, would I have stepped out without looking?

I wouldn't have to look, just go based on your own log.

J>
Moswell just arrived.
J>
Vaschka suddenly fades into sight beside you.

I would have just gone.

Second, if you would look at the room you would see that's there's no, OUT. You have to read the room to find the exit. Anyone who has been in a merchant tent knows that this takes more than the nanosecond that you apparently think was all that was needed to obey a faceless voice from the shadows.

Anyone that has paid attention to the working of GS and merchant tents should know that if there is not an obvious direction of out, you go flap. It is a tent you know. The entire time I did play, I never had to look at a tent description to find my way out. It was type out or type go flap. Simple.

I realize that it's hard to judge a log, but I did expect you to be a bit more thoughtful and not rip off the usual - you must have done something wrong and therefore you shoulder the blame garbage.

Never assume I do not put thought into my post. To me it appeared, and still does, that you were farting around, the GM got pissy and you decided to post a complaint here.

There is nothing wrong with any of that. When you post a complaint, or anything, on a message board ... you should never expect everyone to be empathetic. You should expect people to point out what they felt you did wrong and not be empathetic.

This is happening now.

There was no pissing around. It might be hard to imagine that on occasion that the player is actually correct. She could have and should have handled it differently - there was ZERO reason for her to be rude, there was no fussing or waiting around. It's just that simple.

And I did agree that the situation could have been handled better on both sides, you just failed to quote that and apparently did not read it or even take it into consideration.

I'm not the one guilty of not reading it seems.

[Edited on 12-14-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Eiderfleur
12-14-2004, 10:23 AM
>>Vaschka suddenly fades into sight beside you.

Do you not get that message when a wizard comes out of invisibility too? I'm sure it's the same.

Nieninque
12-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Its ***** fades into visibility I think

Nieninque
12-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
Good lord, 2 pages over a GM telling someone to get out? She said it nicely the first time, they took the time to look, then she faded into sight they looked at her, one of them whined. She needed to fix something before one of those in the shop bought something. Like others said, she could have "magically" thrown you out on your butts.

I have seen merchants kill people for less. I am not saying that is right, but sheesh all this over being told to "Leave Now?"

So says the woman who got her knickers in a twist because someone laughed at her when she got the name of an arkati wrong at a merchant...

Brattt8525
12-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque

So says the woman who got her knickers in a twist because someone laughed at her when she got the name of an arkati wrong at a merchant...

At least I know you will never fail to disappoint me Nien. I did not post more then one time on the subject, I didn't rant and rave, say OH MY GOD HOW RUDE. I made a post about an event that happened to be while I was trying to get something done for a friend.

I was pointing out how people can be jackasses at times at merchants. I was more concerned with ruining a good friends item because I didn't spell a gods name right. How does this apply to this? Hmm in no way I guess, its just you being the kind spoken person you always are! :lol:

Nieninque
12-14-2004, 05:19 PM

I was pointing out how people can be jackasses at times at merchants. I was more concerned with ruining a good friends item because I didn't spell a gods name right. How does this apply to this? Hmm in no way I guess, its just you being the kind spoken person you always are! :lol:

Touching...
Didnt you throw a paddy and leave the merchant?
Isnt that a silly thing to get your knickers in a twist about?
QED

Brattt8525
12-14-2004, 05:39 PM

Touching...
Didnt you throw a paddy and leave the merchant?
Isnt that a silly thing to get your knickers in a twist about?
QED

I guess I need to clarify this again, I did not get my knickers in a twist, I did not throw a paddy. I posted in a folder that was about Ebon gate merchants, and how we were enjoying ourselves/not enjoying.

I posted one time I didn't whine, didn't rant, I stated I was a bit miffed over people being silly and not just dropping an OBVIOUS typo on my part. I was upset about the chance of messing up a friends alter, NOT because a merchant told me to leave.

Nor did I post more then once about well shit you all should feel for me, etc blah blah blah. So again Nien, what and how are you comparing my post and this? Oh wait nevermind your just the type who likes to throw out stupid one liners about shit that has no bearing on the present topic. By all means carry on. :lol:

TheRoseLady
12-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Anyone that has paid attention to the working of GS and merchant tents should know that if there is not an obvious direction of out, you go flap. It is a tent you know. The entire time I did play, I never had to look at a tent description to find my way out. It was type out or type go flap. Simple.

Sorry Tsa'ah but this is just utter bullshit. You go to one town and the locker is a curtain, you go to another it's a curtained opening with the activator opening. You are implying that the world of Gemstone is coded the same, and you are absolutely wrong. There are shops that you go in with go shop, there are ones that require you to say - steps, building, store, door. So your comment about the tent is incorrect.

[A Crimson and Silver Silk Tent] -- does not use trading skills
The cavernous tent is comfortably airy, its crimson silk walls so translucent that even the slightest illumination gives them a subtle glow. Silver silk the color of pale moonlight serves as a roof, streaked with ora threads for an extra touch of glitter. Centered on each wall, giant wreaths of black and silver ribbons interwined with white gardenias and glossy magnolia leaves add a decorative touch. You also see an ebonwood accessories case, an ebonwood accessories display, an ebonwood costume rack with some stuff on it, a silver beverage tray with some stuff on it and a small silver cart with some stuff on it.
Obvious exits: out.

[Ambra's Couture] (a black spidersilk tent, CS) -- no trading discount
The interior of this spindly tent is draped in deep midnight black spidersilk. A group of bony old women sit on large cushions scattered across the room. They bend towards one another occasionally to whisper bits of gossip behind their black lace fans, as their eyes follow the shop's other patrons. You also see the tent flap, an elegant silver case, a wood-framed mirror, a large maoral armoire, a low thanot table with some stuff on it and a slim display rack with some stuff on it.
Obvious exits: west

[Fliter's Finery] (An Open Field, an exquisite silk tent)
Adorning the flimsy looking walls of this disheveled square-shaped tent are various fabrics and tailoring tools that seem to have been hung haphazardly by the owner. In the far corner of the tent, a large makeshift table made from stacked boxes and crates offers various wares for sale to the visitors. You also see a large hand-painted sign and the tent opening.

There is nothing wrong with any of that. When you post a complaint, or anything, on a message board ... you should never expect everyone to be empathetic. You should expect people to point out what they felt you did wrong and not be empathetic.

I have no problem with that, I posted and I feel better. The people who's opinion that I actually respect have pretty much backed up what I saw and felt. You surprised me, but then again - I think that you would never admit you were wrong or that you mistook a situation.

And I did agree that the situation could have been handled better on both sides, you just failed to quote that and apparently did not read it or even take it into consideration.

And I'm telling you that I wouldn't have reacted any faster. Period. End of story. I will add that I didn't say anything offensive, - so even intimating that it could have been handled better is implying that I did something wrong, I didn't. She should have been more courteous, that is a fact - even if I did take more than a few seconds to vacate the tent. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, plain and simple.

Nieninque
12-14-2004, 05:49 PM

I guess I need to clarify this again, I did not get my knickers in a twist, I did not throw a paddy. I posted in a folder that was about Ebon gate merchants, and how we were enjoying ourselves/not enjoying.

I posted one time I didn't whine, didn't rant, I stated I was a bit miffed over people being silly and not just dropping an OBVIOUS typo on my part. I was upset about the chance of messing up a friends alter, NOT because a merchant told me to leave.

Nor did I post more then once about well shit you all should feel for me, etc blah blah blah. So again Nien, what and how are you comparing my post and this? Oh wait nevermind your just the type who likes to throw out stupid one liners about shit that has no bearing on the present topic. By all means carry on. :lol:

Did you get all in a paddy and leave the merchant because someone laughed at you?
I rest my case your honour

CrystalTears
12-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Perhaps I'm biased, but since TheRoseLady is not one to create threads to complain about something, I reconsidered her point of view a bit more seriously.

I don't think it was out of line that she request that a GM be nicer in their means, regardless of the urgency of the situation. To some I'm sure being get told "leave now" from a store is okay with you, but others will take a little longer to leave an area rather than bolt out on command. If it was THAT serious of an issue, she could have just said "sorry gang" and kicked everyone out. I personally would prefer that tactic than to say "leave now" within seconds of a request, but that's just me.

TheRoseLady
12-14-2004, 05:50 PM

:lol: Some people will never change.

Brattt8525
12-14-2004, 05:56 PM

:lol: Some people will never change.

Change for who? You because I happen to think one way and you don't? I do not have to change for anyone here on a message board. If I were disruptive, spamming or blantley flaming people for my own jollies you might be right.

Nieninque
12-14-2004, 05:59 PM

Change for who? You because I happen to think one way and you don't? I do not have to change for anyone here on a message board. If I were disruptive, spamming or blantley flaming people for my own jollies you might be right.

I think she means the condescension and hypocrisy that you seem obliged to include in your posts.

HarmNone
12-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Let's meander back over to the topic, mmmk? :D

Nieninque
12-14-2004, 06:00 PM
awwwwww

:pouts:

Caramia
12-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
The same could be applied to you continuing to reply and make a fuss about the people making a fuss, and continues etc.

/instigation

Coming from the master instigator, I'll take that as a compliment, Tijay :lol:

DeV
12-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Perhaps I'm biased, but since TheRoseLady is not one to create threads to complain about something, I reconsidered her point of view a bit more seriously.

I don't think it was out of line that she request that a GM be nicer in their means, regardless of the urgency of the situation. To some I'm sure being get told "leave now" from a store is okay with you, but others will take a little longer to leave an area rather than bolt out on command. If it was THAT serious of an issue, she could have just said "sorry gang" and kicked everyone out. I personally would prefer that tactic than to say "leave now" within seconds of a request, but that's just me. Yeah.. instead of type a reply cause I'm currently too lazy I'll just agree with CT.

Brattt8525
12-14-2004, 08:37 PM
awwwwww

:pouts:

Aww is right, god forbid you take this to a U2U but then oh my you wouldn't get the drama affect would you?

To stay on topic, how do we know how many people had already been in there and not leaving when she asked "nicely?" We know TRL's side but we do not know what assholes she had to deal with before they walked in. While that would still not give her the right to be so abrupt, it would maybe give us an insight to why she was short in her second request that they leave.

CrystalTears
12-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Are you saying TRL deleted information from the log, that it's not accurate?

Or are you saying the goth was a brat because of something that happened before TRL and gang showed up?

[Edited on 12/15/2004 by CrystalTears]

Brattt8525
12-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Are you saying TRL deleted information from the log, that it's not accurate?

Or are you saying the goth was a brat because of something that happened before TRL and gang showed up?

[Edited on 12/15/2004 by CrystalTears]

I didn't mean that TRL deleted anything, I have seen her post enough to know she is not that kind of person. I meant that we don't know what twits were in there before TRL and Brim got there. We all know there are asses in GS who do not listen period. Still I am not trying to say the GM was right, just hey we all have to deal with idiots and by the time we get to honest people who will leave, like TRL and Brim we have lost our good nature.

TheRoseLady
12-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Pretty much Brim was was checking to see the number of charges on the cyan doodads. He then checked a maroon one (disk) (I'm always stockpiling disk items.) There were at the most maybe 5 people in there at a given time? It was earlier in the morning if I recall.

It's possible that something else was happening before that, but I am guessing - based on the fact that the price rose from 2k for 10 rubs of the cyan doodad to 20k for 10 rubs ...that was really the reason that the tent was closed. But it could have been something else, certainly.

Sean
12-14-2004, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Tijay

/instigation

Coming from the master instigator, I'll take that as a compliment, Tijay :lol:

;) Gotta pride ourselves in something!

Makkah
12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Wah Wah Wah. Looks like something was being abused (2k for 10 rubs of 211... that's a bit extreme) and she asked you to leave, you didn't she told you to leave.

Put more energy into getting over it and less into stringing this nonsense on. As for attacking the person behind the GM over this? That's pretty low, even for the PC crowd.

rht

Naomi Chan
12-17-2004, 02:58 PM
I agree it was unprofessional. But she probably got a talking to because of the debate on the official boards. Isn't she new? Has to be expected.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Couldn't you change the price on an item without having everyone leave the room? I don't know, just curious.

Eiderfleur
12-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Naomi Chan
I agree it was unprofessional. But she probably got a talking to because of the debate on the official boards. Isn't she new? Has to be expected.

Oooh Where abouts is the debate on the officials going on?

Naomi Chan
12-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Discussions, Complaints perhaps, or Four Winds, merchants? :)

12-17-2004, 10:17 PM
FUCKING PWNNDDED!!@@@!@!@21