PDA

View Full Version : Brauden: Warning for no reason

Chadj
12-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Ok, so I'm sitting here, running Chadj on a hunting script, while writing a new one for Trali, and doing warrior guild stuff with a friend's character.

I notice Chadj keeps falling over in his script.. Ground shaking, wind blowing, etc. I assume it's part of an invasion or something, or someone being an asshole, so I just stand up, and resume the script.

Well, I miss him falling at one point, cause I'm busy with other things.. and Brauden pulls him, and warns him, without even saying something. Not a single thing.

So yeah, Chadj's knocked over, has been for about 15 seconds. Before I can type stand,
>e
You will have to stand up first or crawl there.
P>
You notice that a faint glow has manifested within your glimaerstone pendant.
P>

You sense that your script isn't a good as you'd like it to be.

P>
Chadj grows indistinct. Slowly it dawns on you that he isn't there anymore.
The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

[Scripting Violation Limbo]
You have been moved here because it appears you are in violation of GemStone IV policy. Scripting for the purpose of gaining experience or silver is a violation of policy and future warnings may result in time out from the game. In order to leave this area, you must state that you agree to abide by this policy and that you understand the consequences of failing to do so. Type POLICY 18 for complete scripting policy information. Type GO OUT for instructions.
You notice a fake leg of a zombie, a fake fire cat, the way out and a fake ugly supplicant.
Obvious exits: none
P> blink
This isn't an appropriate place to do that.
P>

Chadj, this is an official warning that long-term scripting is against policy in GemStone IV.

If you feel this warning was received in error, please speak to a GameHost by typing ASSIST REQUEST.

You can also learn more about GemStone IV policies online, by typing POLICY while in the game or by visiting http://www.play.net/gs4/gamepolicy.asp.

P>
You feel at full magical power again.
P>
* Keyren just bit the dust!
P>
You feel less drained.
P>
You are unable to renew your songs here.
Your sonic lance dissipates.
Your sonic barrier dissipates.
P>

A fake leg of a zombie glances at you and says, "Hahahahaha, yer busted!"

P> sigh
P>
Your spirits are no longer lifted by stories of Kai's Triumphs.
P>
You no longer feel a sense of protection.
P>
You no longer feel a sense of confidence.
P>
The mirror images surrounding you undulate and fade away.
P>
* Mistomeer just bit the dust!
P>
* Enoork just bit the dust!
P> 'Am not
Only a GM can hear you talk now.
P> smirk
P> sigh
P> gaze uyop
P> swear
P>
Your SIGN OF SMITING is no longer effective.
P>

A fake ugly supplicant turns to the fake fire cat and says, "Guess he's gonna be with us for a while."

P> report Umm, no, I'm not.
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

P>
Your SIGN OF STRIKING is no longer effective.
P>
Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
P>
Your SIGN OF SHIELDS is no longer effective.
You feel drained!
P>
Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.
P>
Your SIGN OF SWORDS is no longer effective.
You feel drained!
P> report I've been here since you pulled me, I just didn't think to report. I figured you'd see me trying to move.
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

P> snort
P>
[script aborted]

SEND[Brauden] Not a good AFK scripter? Yes, we're aware ;)

P> report I missed that last knockover due to running multiple accounts. How am I AFK if I have stood up just about every time up untill now?

P>
* Cydarin just bit the dust!
P> stand
You stand back up.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R> l

You have been moved here because it appears you are in violation of GemStone IV policy. Scripting for the purpose of gaining experience or silver is a violation of policy and future warnings may result in time out from the game. In order to leave this area, you must state that you agree to abide by this policy and that you understand the consequences of failing to do so. Type POLICY 18 for complete scripting policy information. Type GO OUT for instructions.
You notice a fake leg of a zombie, a fake fire cat, the way out and a fake ugly supplicant.
R> tap
...wait 2 seconds.
R> go out
Please ANSWER YES if you have read and understand the GemStone IV policy regarding scripting. By doing this, you agree to all restrictions and understand that you may only play in agreement to this policy (POLICY 18). If you fail to henceforth abide by these rules, you agree to surrender all payments rendered and to accept any consequences you may incur.
> answer yes
You will need to read policy 18 before answering.
> policy 18

GemStone IV player policy: Scripting Policy

=Any= experience gaining activity while being unresponsive to the gaming environment will be considered against policy. AFK scripting of =any= kind is entirely against policy and is an immediately warnable offense (If your attention is not in the game window, you should log out of the game or stop any experience, skill or money gaining activities to avoid being warned. The excuse that you looked away from the keyboard or left your desk only for a few minutes will not prevent you from gaining a warning since the staff will have no way of verifying that fact). In addition, =any= activity that allows you to gain =new= experience while using Rest Mode may result in a warning.

Warnings for scripting or any unresponsive activities are based on the staff's observation of the character, and the staff's judgment may vary from instance to instance. Therefore, each instance of long term scripting will be judged independently. Furthermore, GMs have the right to verify any and all characters are following this policy at any time.

Exceptions: In general, if you are running a script or are in Rest Mode and are not gaining any =new= experience, skills, money, or an in-game advantage, it does not fall under this policy. Being AFK or in Rest Mode while absorbing experience you have already gained is not a violation of this policy. However, =any= activity that's deemed by staff to be disruptive or not in the best interest of the game or its players can be warned when discovered. (E.g., if you script moving in and out of a room a warning may be issued because it causes undue screen scroll, if you are gaining skills passively a warning may be issued based on your being unresponsive to the gaming environment, if your "Rest Mode" message is determined to be inappropriate a warning may be issued based on the message being Out of Character or disruptive.)

For the purposes of this policy, all offenses by any character on an account can be treated as having occurred to the same character. As with other policy violations that lead to lockouts, accounts that are "linked" by any method including but not limited to name, address, or other billing information can be treated as the same account in regards to disciplinary action.

- First offense: Character receives a formal warning, is moved to a consultation room, loses =all= field experience (unabsorbed experience) in =all= skills, and must reread and agree to policy before being released.

- Second offense: All characters on the account, plus potentially all other related accounts, can be locked out of the game for 30 days. In addition, substantial penalties of experience points may be subtracted from any or all characters on the account(s).

- Third offense: The account, plus all of the other related accounts, can be locked out permanently.

Your next unread page is page #1.
> go out
You must agree to scripting policy (POLICY 18) and ANSWER YES to leave this area.
> answer yes
You have now agreed to abide to our scripting policy. Type GO OUT to leave.
> go out

******NOTE******

You have specifically agreed to play this game by abiding by the GemStone IV scripting policy. Please understand this has been noted for future reference.

[Maernstrike Caverns, Tunnel]
A large body of thick, black stagnant water rests directly in the center of this chamber, forcing you to inch cautiously along the edges of the pool. Huge ripples run silently and sluggishly across the surface of the water.
Obvious exits: east, down
>
The creature's jagged mouth opens slightly as it spits high into the air.
>
Its huge gaping mouth closes with a loud snap, as the worm-like creature sinks slowly back beneath the black water.
> report I'd love to speak to someone about this as soon as possible.

>
* Glatt just bit the dust!
>
You feel less drained.
>
>

SEND[Brauden] Then you'll need to ASSIST REQUEST. The warning will stand as you were clearly not attentive for an extended period of time while engaging in EXP gaining activities.

>
Loud clicking noises vibrate through you as a kiramon defender darts in.
>
A kiramon defender hisses sharply! Its long, piercing tongue comes shooting out at you...
A kiramon defender thrusts with its long tongue at you!
You evade the attack!
> report Yet I managed to stand up after you knocked me over? That's interesting, Brauden.

>

Brauden's revenge? That little fucking idiot just fucking gave me an AFK warning while I was at the fucking computer. What a fucking load of bullshit.

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by Chadj]

Chadj
12-12-2004, 03:29 PM
I report asking for the address to feedback, and this is the response:

***** The GemStone IV staff thanks you for reporting this problem. However, they feel it is more appropriate for you to use ASSIST for this issue. They wish to help all players fairly, in first-come, first-served order.

Soulpieced
12-12-2004, 03:33 PM
feedback@simutronics.com

HarmNone
12-12-2004, 03:33 PM
I think Brauden is interpreting AFK as being not only AT the keyboard, but attentive to what's going on in game. You were, for awhile, but then your attention strayed to other things and you were no longer paying attention to the action going on in game. That's when he caught you.

Additionally, when the GMs tell you to ASSIST, it's best to do so. They're not going to react to your REPORTs, so it's useless to continue them. Just ASSIST. It's easier than fighting "city hall". ;)

Chadj
12-12-2004, 03:38 PM
But I was paying enough attention to be there when he warned me, and when I needed to stand up. I'll give the full log when I get back from the grocery store... it shows that I was at the computer and paying attention most of the time, as I am standing up (something my script can't do, simply because you don't get knocked over in kiramon).

I'm just really really pissed. Bloody fucking hell.

Methais
12-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Like I said.

Brauden's a cunt.

<<A fake leg of a zombie glances at you and says, "Hahahahaha, yer busted!">>

Clearly this guy got beat up a lot in school and this is his way of feeling good about himself to prevent jumping out in front of a bus over his sorry existence.

<<SEND[Brauden] Not a good AFK scripter? Yes, we're aware >>

Just tell him he sucks at life. Maybe one day he'll realize it and shoot himself in the face.

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by Methais]

Tsa`ah
12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Well, I miss him falling at one point, cause I'm busy with other things.. and Brauden pulls him, and warns him, without even saying something. Not a single thing.

Looks like he had every reason.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 05:30 PM
I didn't see Chadj fall, but I was looking at his script.

I was looking into why he was swinging 246 instead of 296, when he got pulled.

Tsa`ah
12-12-2004, 05:35 PM
What we don't know is how much time elapsed.

Honestly, when 9 out of 10 people complain about a warning, a lock out, an interaction, or anything else ... the full story is not there.

I got warned for no reason!

I was unjustly locked out!

I didn't deserve this!

When in fact, you probably did.

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Makkah
12-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Looks like you got busted... you admitted it yourself:

Well, I miss him falling at one point, cause I'm busy with other things.. and Brauden pulls him, and warns him, without even saying something. Not a single thing. >>

You should just quit GS

rht

Nieninque
12-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Ok, so I'm sitting here, running Chadj on a hunting script, while writing a new one for Trali, and doing warrior guild stuff with a friend's character.

Well, I miss him falling at one point, cause I'm busy with other things

P> report I missed that last knockover due to running multiple accounts. How am I AFK if I have stood up just about every time up untill now?

As the leg said...busted

Chadj
12-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Ok, umm, so I miss one line, and that means I'm AFK scripting. OBVIOUSLY.

Durr.

Mistomeer
12-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Actually, if Chadj fell over, and the script didn't account for it, he was not longer scripting. To bust for someone for AFK scripting, they have to actually be gaining exp or money, and if your character is lying on the ground, not moving, and not gaining any exp or money, then you're breaking no rules.

AnticorRifling
12-12-2004, 06:15 PM
If you're laying on the ground running a script akin to most it will continue to swing and chances are kill the creature(s) in the room thus gaining EXP. He's at fault for MA'ing and not giving his full attention to the script at hand.

I agree with Brauden on this one you're busted.

Mistomeer
12-12-2004, 06:21 PM
That's only if he was lying down killing things, and Chadj still hasn't come up off the full log, so we don't really know. I'm assuming that it hung up when it tried to move rooms.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Before the warn was even given, I blinked, and therefore was obviously paying enough attention. I also tried to move east to recalibrate my script before I got pulled in the first place.

Missing one line != Afk scripting. I miss one line all the time, even when I'm paying full attention to the game.

Nieninque
12-12-2004, 06:23 PM
You're more likely to miss one line when you are playing another character and writing a script, whilst afk scripting

Chadj
12-12-2004, 06:27 PM
I made a mistake, I was on the ground for less than 20 seconds before I got pulled. Here's the full log.

Today is Restday, day 12 of the month Eorgaen in the year 5104. It is 14:55 by the elven time standard. It is currently afternoon.
s> exp
Level: 36 Deeds: 0
Experience: 1431207 Deaths this level: 0
Exp. until next: 70793 Recent Deaths: 3
Mental TPs: 2 Fame: 3952357
Physical TPs: 183 Mana: 111/126 max

Your mind is numbed.
s>
s>
s>
s> time
Today is Restday, day 12 of the month Eorgaen in the year 5104. It is 14:56 by the elven time standard. It is currently afternoon.
s> exp

Your mind is numbed.
s>
You feel drained!
s>
You feel drained!
s> time
Today is Restday, day 12 of the month Eorgaen in the year 5104. It is 14:56 by the elven time standard. It is currently afternoon.
s> exp

Your mind is numbed.
s> time
s> exp
Experience: 1431235 Deaths this level: 0
Exp. until next: 70765 Recent Deaths: 3

Your mind is becoming numbed.
s> stand
You stand back up.
> stance off
> look
You are now in an offensive stance.
>
[Seethe Naedal, Beneath the Pine]
The heavy boughs of the pine droop low as they fan out from the tree trunk, and the dense fur of the needles creates a raincoat for the sheltering pine. Stray beams of sunlight filter through the needles. A ring of stones surrounds a patch of blackened ground and a thick matting of fallen pine needles provides a comfortable bed for the weary traveller. You also see a gap in the branches.
> tap fils
What were you referring to?
> stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.
> go gap
[Seethe Naedal, Winding Path]
Several boulders are scattered across the emerald green grass that blankets the plateau. The path winds its way in between the larger rocks while smaller stones rest on the path itself. A pine tree towers over the path, its lower branches providing shelter against the elements.
Obvious paths: south, northwest
> nw
A jumble of oddly-shaped rocks litter the path. Some of the stones appear to have been worked by tools, but abandoned before finished. Patches of lichen have taken over some of the stones while others are strangely bare. A stream parallels the path before flowing off an overhang of rock to the west.
Obvious paths: southeast, up
> u
The gravel covered path veers to the west to avoid a cluster of trees. Tall grasses surround a fallen tree, a charred victim of a lightning strike. Nearby, a pebble-lined stream winds its way through the tall grass like a snake. Centered in the stream is a stepping stone aligned with the path.
Obvious paths: west, down
> w
Passing through a dense copse of trees, the path continues its journey along the mountainside. The trees' branches greedily invade the space of their neighbors, dueling for precious sunlight. Songbirds whistle the day away while a stream flows through the copse. The stream spills over a rocky outcropping before rushing under a hollow log.
Obvious paths: east, northwest
> nw
Situated a short distance off the path is an enormous pile of stone chips. Tall grasses have pushed their way up from pockets of soil in the pile. Above here, a range of rocky crags begin. You also see a well-worn trail.
Obvious paths: southeast, up
> u
[Seethe Naedal, Crags]
The path continues upward through a channel in the rock before changing to crudely carved steps that provide a precarious way up through the rocky terrain. A family of birds have built a nest not far off the path.
Obvious paths: up, down
> u
[Seethe Naedal, Crags]
Fallen stones have smashed the rock steps near the top of the crags. However, the stones provide an easier climb then the rocky terrain surrounding the path. Small rocks and clumps of dirt occasionally roll down the mountain, showering any unsuspecting climbers.
Obvious paths: up, down
> u
[Seethe Naedal, Crags]
Finding footholds along this steep path is difficult, as it climbs nearly straight up into the DragonSpine Mountains. You scramble to keep upright as loose rocks slip underneath your feet, and there is little to hold onto for balance. The path seems to disappear into silvery mists above. The downward direction looks somewhat safer, as you can see a rocky trail below that follows the mountain pass. You also see a rocky cliff face.
Obvious paths: north, down
> climb face
You climb up a rocky cliff face.
[Seethe Naedal, Crags]
The rocks provide a small resting place in the form of a narrow ledge jutting out from the sheer cliff. Far below, the city of Ta'Illistim spreads eastward, the valley below it a blur of verdant green. A large crevasse opens into the cliff's face.
Obvious paths: down
> go crevasse
[Maernstrike Caverns, Entryway]
A sun-bleached skull lies partially buried at the jagged opening of the cavern entrance with what appears to be a baby cave worm slithering in and out of the empty eye sockets. The rest of the skeletal remains are nowhere to be seen. A circle of rocks encases charred pieces of wood and ashes, apparently the surviving traces of an old campfire. Tattered and torn clothing hangs from two tree branches that have been buried deeply in the dirt.
Obvious exits: east, out
> sign of smiting
> sign of striking
You grip your sonic lance with renewed vigor!
>
> sign of swords
> sign of warding
>
Your dancing fingers weave a web of protection around you!
> sign of defending
> sign of shields
>
> e
A nice-sized hole runs the length of the southern wall of this chamber. Dozens of furry creatures scramble back inside of it, where they disappear into its depths. Their high-pitched cries are a clear indication that they are not happy with the intrusion.
Obvious exits: west, northwest
> nw
Unlit torches hang on both sides of the narrow opening in this section of the tunnel. Various tools lie discarded in one corner, their wooden handles warped and rotting, making them unusable. Without warning, an onslaught of pebbles and dust rains down from above making it quite difficult to breathe.
Obvious exits: north, southeast
> n
The metallic smell of dried blood permeates this area. Closer inspection of the walls reveals where blood was splashed by the bucketful and then dripped onto the floor. Shattered broadswords and wooden shields lie useless in the interior of the cavern space.
Obvious exits: north, south
> n
Hundreds of fire beetles dance hypnotically in the air. The eerie green light from their underbellies casts unsettling shadows on the far walls. The floor is littered with rocks and debris making movement dangerous and burdensome.
> n
Strange looking, thick bluish-green goop covers these walls. From within the sticky substance radiates an unearthly glow, which illuminates this space. Along the western wall, and at the top of a huge pile of dirt and rocks, a fair-sized roost of bats is visible. An earlier avalanche prevents further movement in that direction. Unrecognizable pear-shaped objects with a semi-hard outer casing are placed haphazardly on the floors of this chamber.
> n
More of the unknown pear-shaped objects are all around. Oddly enough, a scratching sound seems to be coming from inside several of them. The unmistakable sound of an insect-like chittering fills the air.
Obvious exits: south, northwest
> nw
Silken threads of a gigantic spiderweb completely ensconce the far right wall of this chamber. Some rusted, augmented chain mail armor and a visored helm, as well as the bones of various creatures, rest underneath this silent deathtrap. Huge, beady red eyes stare out from an orifice directly above the spiderweb.
Obvious exits: southeast, south, west
> s
Piles of thick greenish goop cover a few spots on the floors and walls in here. In one corner of the room, a skeleton is plastered against a wall by the sticky substance. An unbearable stench, accompanied by an odd clicking sound, seems to be coming from directly ahead.
Obvious exits: north
> n
Silken threads of a gigantic spiderweb completely ensconce the far right wall of this chamber. Some rusted, augmented chain mail armor and a visored helm, as well as the bones of various creatures, rest underneath this silent deathtrap. Huge, beady red eyes stare out from an orifice directly above the spiderweb.
Obvious exits: southeast, south, west
> w
Foul smelling air in this section makes breathing through the nose optional. Walking becomes difficult as the ground suddenly shifts underfoot. The serrated surface of the walls is covered with webs, and their owners stand their ground defiantly.
Obvious exits: north, east
> n
Resembling a plush carpet, chunky blue and green fuzzy mold covers the floors entirely, muffling the steps of anyone or anything that may be moving about. The mildew on the walls is thick enough to be scraped off with a fingernail, making the walls even denser. Emptied of its contents and almost buried in a small nook lies a corroded treasure chest.
Obvious exits: south, west
> w
A large body of thick, black stagnant water rests directly in the center of this chamber, forcing you to inch cautiously along the edges of the pool. Huge ripples run silently and sluggishly across the surface of the water.
> d
Overhead tremendous stalactites dangle perilously high above the cavern floor. A series of drawings are etched on the walls illustrating an ancient struggle. Elven runes appear to be underneath several of the depictions. Some are so old that they are almost indecipherable, while a few have obvious claw marks slashed through them. In one of the far corners can be heard the rustling noises of small creatures.
Obvious exits: up, down
> d
An unexplainable wind howls throughout this cyclopean chamber, kicking up and stirring huge clouds of dust. Columns of stalagmites dot the surface of the ground. They appear to have been artfully arranged by the creators of the caverns themselves. Some are so tall they seem to be connecting with the stalactites on the ceiling.
> d
The ceiling appears to be made of living black leather as a sudden gust of wind creates a ripple-like effect. Suddenly, the flapping of many wings and the high-pitched screeching cries of thousands of bats fills your very soul. From somewhere in the shadows comes the sound of something heavy crashing to the earth.
Obvious exits: northwest, up
> nw
The unmistakable cadence of rushing water fills the air. The water plummets from a considerably sized gap from above and crashes down into the depths of a seemingly bottomless chasm below. The spray from the underground waterfall creates a light mist, which covers the ground in this chamber.
Obvious exits: southeast, northwest
>
You hear a strange clicking that makes your hair stand on end as a kiramon worker arrives.
> nw
The pear-shaped objects that occupied other parts of the cavern line the floor. These stand empty now. Cracked and jagged pieces from their tops are scattered across the ground as if something fought its way out of their interiors. Beside the eggs are heaps of gnawed bones. On the very top of the bone-pile lies the skull of a human child.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast
> ne
Odd clicking sounds surround you, as they echo and bounce off the ceilings and walls in this section of the cavern, making it difficult to determine which direction the noise is truly coming from. What appear to be the skeletal remains of a gigantic insect are slumped against the wall in a corner. An inhuman stench wafts through the area.
Obvious exits: northeast, southwest
> ne
This vast cavernous space serves as the mausoleum for the inhabitants of these tunnels. Row upon row of oblong niches are cut deeply into these walls, stretching from the ground all the way to the ceiling to house the bones of those now long dead. The air itself is putrid.
Obvious exits: southwest, northwest
> nw
Both walls and floor seem to glitter and sparkle from pieces of ore which are embedded within them. Corroded carts are turned over on their sides not far from the tracks that were once used to carry the ore the miners freed to the outside of the cavern to be used in a nearby town. The tracks are bent and twisted, perhaps by a huge burrowing creature. You also see a huge pile of rocks blocking further progress.
Obvious exits: southeast
> se
This vast cavernous space serves as the mausoleum for the inhabitants of these tunnels. Row upon row of oblong niches are cut deeply into these walls, stretching from the ground all the way to the ceiling to house the bones of those now long dead. The air itself is putrid.
Obvious exits: southwest, northwest
> sw
Odd clicking sounds surround you, as they echo and bounce off the ceilings and walls in this section of the cavern, making it difficult to determine which direction the noise is truly coming from. What appear to be the skeletal remains of a gigantic insect are slumped against the wall in a corner. An inhuman stench wafts through the area.
Obvious exits: northeast, southwest
> sw
The pear-shaped objects that occupied other parts of the cavern line the floor. These stand empty now. Cracked and jagged pieces from their tops are scattered across the ground as if something fought its way out of their interiors. Beside the eggs are heaps of gnawed bones. On the very top of the bone-pile lies the skull of a human child.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast
> se
The unmistakable cadence of rushing water fills the air. The water plummets from a considerably sized gap from above and crashes down into the depths of a seemingly bottomless chasm below. The spray from the underground waterfall creates a light mist, which covers the ground in this chamber. You also see a kiramon worker.
> stance offen
> attack worker
>
You thrust with a sonic lance at a kiramon worker!
AS: +296 vs DS: +189 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +96 = +236
... and hit for 140 points of damage!
Massive blow punches a hole through the kiramon worker's chest!
The kiramon worker is stunned!

** As you hit, your sonic lance unleashes a blast of sonic energy! **

... 20 points of damage!
Light blow to left leg.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R> attack worker
A sudden fierce gust of wind howls through the area!
You are buffeted by the wind and knocked to the ground!
P>
AS: +246 vs DS: +148 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +74 = +205
... and hit for 72 points of damage!
Elbow punctured, oh what pain!
> sta
...wait 4 seconds.
> stan
You stand back up.
> look
The unmistakable cadence of rushing water fills the air. The water plummets from a considerably sized gap from above and crashes down into the depths of a seemingly bottomless chasm below. The spray from the underground waterfall creates a light mist, which covers the ground in this chamber. You also see a kiramon worker that appears stunned.
> se
The ceiling appears to be made of living black leather as a sudden gust of wind creates a ripple-like effect. Suddenly, the flapping of many wings and the high-pitched screeching cries of thousands of bats fills your very soul. From somewhere in the shadows comes the sound of something heavy crashing to the earth.
Obvious exits: northwest, up
> u
* Greytear just bit the dust!
>
An unexplainable wind howls throughout this cyclopean chamber, kicking up and stirring huge clouds of dust. Columns of stalagmites dot the surface of the ground. They appear to have been artfully arranged by the creators of the caverns themselves. Some are so tall they seem to be connecting with the stalactites on the ceiling.
> u
[Maernstrike Caverns, Tunnel
Overhead tremendous stalactites dangle perilously high above the cavern floor. A series of drawings are etched on the walls illustrating an ancient struggle. Elven runes appear to be underneath several of the depictions. Some are so old that they are almost indecipherable, while a few have obvious claw marks slashed through them. In one of the far corners can be heard the rustling noises of small creatures.
> u
A large body of thick, black stagnant water rests directly in the center of this chamber, forcing you to inch cautiously along the edges of the pool. Huge ripples run silently and sluggishly across the surface of the water. You also see a kiramon worker.
> stance offen
> attack worker
AS: +296 vs DS: +169 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +71 = +231
... and hit for 87 points of damage!
Neck skewered, sliding past the throat and spine! That looks painful.
The kiramon worker is stunned!
R> attack worker
AS: +296 vs DS: +141 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +6 = +194
... and hit for 69 points of damage!
Strike pierces calf!
The kiramon worker is knocked to the ground!
R> attack worker
AS: +296 vs DS: +84 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +29 = +274
... and hit for 108 points of damage!
Impressive shot shatters wrist!
R>
A sudden fierce gust of wind howls through the area!
You are buffeted by the wind and knocked to the ground!
RP> attack worker
AS: +246 vs DS: +79 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +83 = +283
... and hit for 126 points of damage!
Strike to right arm shatters elbow and severs forearm!
The worker clicks its mandibles wildly and waves its mangled limb around uselessly.
The kiramon worker clicks one last time and dies.
RP> stance def
You are now in a defensive stance.
P> search worker
You search the kiramon worker.
It carried nothing of interest.
A kiramon worker crumbles away into dust.
P> look
>e
You will have to stand up first or crawl there.
P>
P>

You sense that your script isn't a good as you'd like it to be.

P>
Chadj grows indistinct. Slowly it dawns on you that he isn't there anymore.
The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

P> blink
P>

Chadj, this is an official warning that long-term scripting is against policy in GemStone IV.

If you feel this warning was received in error, please speak to a GameHost by typing ASSIST REQUEST.

You can also learn more about GemStone IV policies online, by typing POLICY while in the game or by visiting http://www.play.net/gs4/gamepolicy.asp.

P>
You feel at full magical power again.
P>
* Keyren just bit the dust!
P>
You feel less drained.
P>
You are unable to renew your songs here.
Your sonic lance dissipates.
Your sonic barrier dissipates.
P>

P> sigh
P>
Your spirits are no longer lifted by stories of Kai's Triumphs.
P>
You no longer feel a sense of protection.
P>
You no longer feel a sense of confidence.
P>
The mirror images surrounding you undulate and fade away.
P>
* Mistomeer just bit the dust!
P>
* Enoork just bit the dust!
P> 'Am not
Only a GM can hear you talk now.
P> smirk
P> sigh
P> gaze uyop
P> swear
P>
P>

A fake ugly supplicant turns to the fake fire cat and says, "Guess he's gonna be with us for a while."

P> report Umm, no, I'm not.

P>
P>
Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
P>
You feel drained!
P>
P>
You feel drained!
P> report I've been here since you pulled me, I just didn't think to report. I figured you'd see me trying to move.

P> snort
P>
[script aborted]

SEND[Brauden] Not a good AFK scripter? Yes, we're aware

P>
* Cydarin just bit the dust!
P> stand
You stand back up.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R> l

R> tap
...wait 2 seconds.
R> go out
Please ANSWER YES if you have read and understand the GemStone IV policy regarding scripting. By doing this, you agree to all restrictions and understand that you may only play in agreement to this policy (POLICY 18). If you fail to henceforth abide by these rules, you agree to surrender all payments rendered and to accept any consequences you may incur.
> answer yes
You will need to read policy 18 before answering.
> policy 18

GemStone IV player policy: Scripting Policy

=Any= experience gaining activity while being unresponsive to the gaming environment will be considered against policy. AFK scripting of =any= kind is entirely against policy and is an immediately warnable offense (If your attention is not in the game window, you should log out of the game or stop any experience, skill or money gaining activities to avoid being warned. The excuse that you looked away from the keyboard or left your desk only for a few minutes will not prevent you from gaining a warning since the staff will have no way of verifying that fact). In addition, =any= activity that allows you to gain =new= experience while using Rest Mode may result in a warning.

Warnings for scripting or any unresponsive activities are based on the staff's observation of the character, and the staff's judgment may vary from instance to instance. Therefore, each instance of long term scripting will be judged independently. Furthermore, GMs have the right to verify any and all characters are following this policy at any time.

Exceptions: In general, if you are running a script or are in Rest Mode and are not gaining any =new= experience, skills, money, or an in-game advantage, it does not fall under this policy. Being AFK or in Rest Mode while absorbing experience you have already gained is not a violation of this policy. However, =any= activity that's deemed by staff to be disruptive or not in the best interest of the game or its players can be warned when discovered. (E.g., if you script moving in and out of a room a warning may be issued because it causes undue screen scroll, if you are gaining skills passively a warning may be issued based on your being unresponsive to the gaming environment, if your "Rest Mode" message is determined to be inappropriate a warning may be issued based on the message being Out of Character or disruptive.)

For the purposes of this policy, all offenses by any character on an account can be treated as having occurred to the same character. As with other policy violations that lead to lockouts, accounts that are "linked" by any method including but not limited to name, address, or other billing information can be treated as the same account in regards to disciplinary action.

- First offense: Character receives a formal warning, is moved to a consultation room, loses =all= field experience (unabsorbed experience) in =all= skills, and must reread and agree to policy before being released.

- Second offense: All characters on the account, plus potentially all other related accounts, can be locked out of the game for 30 days. In addition, substantial penalties of experience points may be subtracted from any or all characters on the account(s).

- Third offense: The account, plus all of the other related accounts, can be locked out permanently.

Your next unread page is page #1.
> go out
You must agree to scripting policy (POLICY 18) and ANSWER YES to leave this area.
> answer yes
You have now agreed to abide to our scripting policy. Type GO OUT to leave.
> go out

******NOTE******

You have specifically agreed to play this game by abiding by the GemStone IV scripting policy. Please understand this has been noted for future reference.

>
The creature's jagged mouth opens slightly as it spits high into the air.
>
Its huge gaping mouth closes with a loud snap, as the worm-like creature sinks slowly back beneath the black water.
> report I'd love to speak to someone about this as soon as possible.

>
* Glatt just bit the dust!
>
You feel less drained.
>
>

SEND[Brauden] Then you'll need to ASSIST REQUEST. The warning will stand as you were clearly not attentive for an extended period of time while engaging in EXP gaining activities.

>
>
A kiramon defender hisses sharply! Its long, piercing tongue comes shooting out at you...
You evade the attack!
> report Yet I managed to stand up after you knocked me over? That's interesting, Brauden.

>

>
>
You evade the attack!

>
AS: +256 vs DS: +116 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +49 = +234
... and hits for 64 points of damage!
Off-balance slash to your left arm shatters your elbow.
*CRUNCH*

You are stunned for 5 rounds!
CS: +138 - TD: +108 + CvA: +25 + d100: +94 == +149
Warding failed!
You feel poison coursing through your veins.
!S> laugh
You are still stunned.
!S>
A kiramon defender claws at you!
AS: +256 vs DS: +106 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +36 = +227
... and hits for 44 points of damage!
Blow to head!
Look at the pretty stars!

!S>
A kiramon defender claws at you!
AS: +256 vs DS: +90 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +38 = +245
... and hits for 48 points of damage!
Deep slash to your right forearm!

White-blue bolts of electrical energy radiate outward from the defender!

... 5 points of damage!
Light shock to left leg. That stings!
The light blue glow leaves you.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The powerful look leaves you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 10 mins...
DEAD> 'Bloody hell.
* Chadj just bit the dust!
DEAD>
You say, "Bloody hell."
DEAD>

Edited to add in the part where I die just to show the full thing.

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by Chadj]

AnticorRifling
12-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
You're more likely to miss one line when you are playing another character and writing a script, whilst afk scripting

That you can't prove given you don't know someone's ability or inability to pay attention to the task at hand. That is a very generalized and blanket statement supported by nothing.

I still think, until shown via full log, that the warn wasn't too far out of line.

Nieninque
12-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

That you can't prove given you don't know someone's ability or inability to pay attention to the task at hand. That is a very generalized and blanket statement supported by nothing.

I still think, until shown via full log, that the warn wasn't too far out of line.

I would agree...my proof was drawn from the boy wonder's own statements:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Well, I miss him falling at one point, cause I'm busy with other things

quote:

The proof was his own account.

Lady Prisma
12-12-2004, 06:44 PM
You say,

--Well, I miss him falling at one point, cause I'm busy with other things.. and Brauden pulls him, and warns him, without even saying something. Not a single thing.--

The policy says,

--=Any= experience gaining activity while being unresponsive to the gaming environment will be considered against policy. AFK scripting of =any= kind is entirely against policy and is an immediately warnable offense (If your attention is not in the game window, you should log out of the game or stop any experience, skill or money gaining activities to avoid being warned. --

Looks like the GM tagged you fair and square.

Mistomeer
12-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Dude, you seemed to be paying pretty good attention to me, at least looking at the log, you got knocked over right as you swung, the script tried to move after that, and then you got pulled, at which point you reacted promptly. However, telling them you weren't paying attention pretty much seals your fate. Even if you look away for a second, you've broken policy.

Bottom line, GM's are trying to put an end to script hunting altogether rather than just the AFK stuff they were after traditionally. At least that's the impression I got from my little chat with Khaladon not too long ago and from logs posted here with Brauden. I got a warning for afk scripting the tower after a few weeks worth of complaints. I got busted when I didn't notice like 5 little words that were the same color as everythere else. Even when Khaladon told me they were there, it took me about 10 minutes to find them, so of course I was going to miss them when out scripting.

Also, I made the log: * Mistomeer just bit the dust! and Brauden is a stupid cunt, but we all knew that already.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I was looking away from time to time, but the fact of the matter is, I had 90-95% of my attention on that script. I reacted quickly in every way shape and form. I shouldn't have even gotten pulled!

I'm STILL pissed that I got a warning, and have had thoughts of quitting come across cause of this bullshit.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I guess I get the feeling that this is partially due to a personal vendetta against me, due to things said here. Which is really annoying.

Nieninque
12-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Most of your posts here are "I cant be bothered to read all this thread but <3 [insert name here]"

I dont think it can be that.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Yes, clearly most of my posts consist of that.

You are a fucking retard.

Also, since I have openly posted many times how much I dislike Brauden, I think it very well could have to do with that.

Eiderfleur
12-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Most of your posts here are "I cant be bothered to read all this thread but <3 [insert name here]"

I dont think it can be that.

SHEESH Nein Stop being so mean to him... That was him paying attention to the thread!! *scolds Nien* lol

Makkah
12-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Someone needs to get a grip on reality ::coughChadjcough::

rht

Chadj
12-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Someone needs to take a cock out of their mouth.

Makkah.

12-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Paying attention while you script 100% of the time can avoid a situation like this.

- Arkans

Chadj
12-12-2004, 07:30 PM
The point is, Arkans, at that exact moment, I was there, and yet he still pulled me. That's a load of shit.

Nieninque
12-12-2004, 07:36 PM
So why did you tell us three times, and him once, that you were doing something else?

You deserve a warning just for that.

Fuck.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Read the fucking log you idiot. I responded IMMEDIATELY after being pulled, and was typing AS I was being pulled. And I was paying 90-95% attention to that, thus I was paying a lot, and most, of my attention to it. You dense jackass.

However, yes, I did have other things going on in the background, such as guild stuff with a warrior, and the beginning of a trali script. If you wanna tell me you've never done anything at the same time as a script running, then you are a fucking liar.

The fact of the matter is, I was there, and you are fucking retarded. So shut the hell up.

[Edited on 12-13-2004 by Chadj]

12-12-2004, 08:27 PM
You were scripting while not looking at the right window.
sucks but hes in the right and you're wrong Chadj.

Kainen
12-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Paying attention while you script 100% of the time can avoid a situation like this.

- Arkans

:yeahthat:

Chadj
12-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dave
You were scripting while not looking at the right window.
sucks but hes in the right and you're wrong Chadj.

... Again, when he pulled me, I was looking at that window.

Caiylania
12-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Look, I understand your pissed... but at the time he monitored you, the script was running Chadj, not you.

If a cop sees you drinking and driving, he can pull you over even if by then you have tossed the can out the window.

Soulpieced
12-12-2004, 09:08 PM
The only logical resolve I can see for this problem is make your crappy script better by putting a stand action in front of every attack, and also another place like a check when moving.

Mini-Spir
12-12-2004, 09:09 PM
After being knocked over multiple times you should have said Quit outloud or something. All you did was keep going so it didn't look like you were paying attention.

GSTamral
12-12-2004, 09:17 PM
So the basic gist of all of this is:

I was scripting my one character while doing guild stuff with my second character, while running a messenger script with my third character, and my fourth character was hunting rats, and my fifth character was hunting trali's and my sixth character was busy script hunting sand devils, but I was paying attention to the window that got pulled.

yea....

Brattt8525
12-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Well, I guess I am glad the only scripting I do is traveling between towns.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by GSTamral
So the basic gist of all of this is:

I was scripting my one character while doing guild stuff with my second character, while running a messenger script with my third character, and my fourth character was hunting rats, and my fifth character was hunting trali's and my sixth character was busy script hunting sand devils, but I was paying attention to the window that got pulled.

yea....

If that's what you got from it, you are retarded.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Here's what my screen looked like at the time that I got pulled..

Marl
12-12-2004, 10:16 PM
You are pissed you got caught just like someone is pissed when they get caught doing anything they shouldn't. You may have been watching at the moment, but, what about the other times your char was laying on the ground attacking critters? Would anyone NOT afk do that? Suck it up, stop bitching, and take getting busted like a man.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Another person who can't fucking read.

He was never on the ground attacking critters, except at the end, and that's cause I missed a line. I watched the thing happen. Oh noez. I got caught for being at the computer watching it as it scripted!!!

Marl
12-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
Another person who can't fucking read.

He was never on the ground attacking critters, except at the end, and that's cause I missed a line. I watched the thing happen. Oh noez. I got caught for being at the computer watching it as it scripted!!!

If you were watching you wouldn't have missed a line? Sound like anyone else who has gotten caught...I never stole anything, well except for....

Chadj
12-12-2004, 10:26 PM
So you are telling me that you have never missed something in gemstone cause it moved fast?

Cause if you are saying that, then you are a total fucking liar. Thanks for trying though.

Marl
12-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Never said you didn't miss it, never saying everyone doesn't miss stuff from time to time. But, you got caught doing it, live with it and don't whine about it. I also have been doing 4 or 5 things at once while scripting and you saying you are watching 90-95% of the time makes you a total fucking liar as well.

Chadj
12-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Look at how that screen shot is, and tell me I'm not able to pay 90-95% of my attention to it.

Also note, he has knocked me over at least 5 times more before that, and I stood up for all 5 times. Cause I was there when it happened. And I was there when this happened. And I was there the whole time in between. Therefore, I was in no way AFK scripting.

Marl
12-12-2004, 10:40 PM
How long did it take you to stand everytime he knocked you down? If it wasn't almost instantly they take that as AFK because anyone who gets knocked down, the first thing they do is stand up, before attacking again. Like I said before, sure I would be pissed at the warning too, but you got it rightfully so stop whining and expecting sympathy for it.

Nakiro
12-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Its a dumb reason to give a scripting violation.

CrystalTears
12-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Can't GMs see what it being typed in the game? I'm asking because I've heard say before that they can see all the commands entered, regardless of whether they work or not.

So if there was a delay in response, I can see why he would take action.

Kuyuk
12-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Ahaha. About time you got a warning for your blatant AFK scripting.

K.

Kuyuk
12-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Also; you've been using the same script for like, 6 months now. And it sucks.

a) learn how to script better
b) move areas once in a while.

K.

Makkah
12-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
Its a dumb reason to give a scripting violation.

Yea... breaking policy is a DUMB reason to get a warning...

rht

Methais
12-12-2004, 11:39 PM
SOME ASSHOLE PISSED ON MY LEG!

Jahira
12-12-2004, 11:59 PM
I got caught by Khaladon once. He was coming to me for a referral. My script was running so fast that I missed him fog in(yeah I was sorta checking the message boards at the same time ). He fogged in again quick and said stop. I didn't so he pulled me instantly. I reported seriously about 10 seconds after being pulled. He told me tough shit and take the warning.

Moral of the story: According to policy you can not run any script that is helping your character in any way without giving it 100% attention. Your 90% still is against policy. I really think it is dumb, but that is the way it is.

Methais
12-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Seems to me you were giving your script 100% attention. You just weren't giving Khaladon any.

Syberus
12-13-2004, 12:18 AM
This doesn't apply to movement scripts does it? Or do they consider moving to another town or area some kidn of personal gain to you.

Jahira
12-13-2004, 12:21 AM
I am not sure, but I bet if you caught a GM in a really pissy mood they would pull you for it. You are technically benefiting your character without actually being there.

Syberus
12-13-2004, 12:26 AM
I would think the benefit would have to be tangible, you could easily make the argument that moving to another town isn't exactly beneficial.

Jahira
12-13-2004, 12:37 AM
The way I understood it was that the reason the trip was so long between areas was for a person to be there to walk it and for it to be a roadblock for the lazy people. Running a movement script AFK does benefit you as you don't technically have to be at your computer for the long walk. At the same time, I don't think a GM would do anything to it. They could just watch the path to the EN and pull people all day. Sorta like a cop could technically pull over anyone going 1 mile over the speed limit but that is ridiculous.

Syberus
12-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Reading the policy, it does say =any= AFK scripting, however they seem to then go on to focus on just exp, skill and monitary gains. I had thought it read that any scripting that is beneficial to your character is against policy, in which case scripting to another location could not full under it. Logically speaking, they'd have to then assign a goodness value to each place.. so that if you're going from the landing to Illistim it'd be considered "beneficial" to your character, however if you were then going from Illistim to the Landing, it would in fact be detrimental given that Illistim would have to be "better" if you're following me..

Methais
12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
<<=Any= experience gaining activity while being unresponsive to the gaming environment will be considered against policy. AFK scripting of =any= kind is entirely against policy and is an immediately warnable offense (If your attention is not in the game window, you should log out of the game or stop any experience, skill or money gaining activities to avoid being warned.>>

Seems pretty clear to me. AFK scripting that grants money, skills, or exp. Entrance to another town's gates or wherever your travel script is going isn't any of those 3 things.

Jahira
12-13-2004, 01:01 AM
AFK scripting of =any= kind is entirely against policy and is an immediately warnable offense (If your attention is not in the game window, you should log out of the game or stop any experience, skill or money gaining activities to avoid being warned.>>

You put it up there yourself. Scripting to a town AFK is a warnable offense and you should log out if you can't pay attention to the game. It is settled.

Sean
12-13-2004, 01:13 AM
<<or stop any experience, skill or money gaining activities to avoid being warned.>>

Travelling isn't any of those.

But anyway. I figure Chadj probably deserved what he got. It's not even 1st complaint we've seen about Chadj's scripting:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=6974

Tsa`ah
12-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Someone should chime in with a pwnd right now ... oh ... wait.

Snowman
12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
So, let me get this straight.....you were basically being a zombie hunter, contributing NOTHING to the enviroment other than your own needs, got called on it and this somehow is a problem?

Sorry bud, no sympathy, your part of the problem, not the solution.

~Snowman

oh, and as an aside....to quote Stifler, from American Pie.....

Fuck the Fucker!

heh

[Edited on 12-13-2004 by Snowman]

Fengus
12-13-2004, 04:12 AM
...I was at the computer and paying attention most of the time...

I think attentive is to mean that when faced with any strange occurance you would *always* react.

That is 100% attention to what you are doing, if you are gaining experience or money and for some reason you are not able to give 100% then you should remove yourself from the experience or money gain, and then do whatever the hell was about to distract you.

No one is out to get you, and even if that was true, its *still* your fault for scripting. He can have a vendetta and want to sacrifice your first born, but you and *only* you are giving him the oppurtunity to fuck you, so dry those eyes baby.

Also IMO that seems really tame, he gave you lots of chances to come clean, but your script sucks and your brain does too. How many times are you going to get knocked over by strange wind and not stop to wonder what the hell is going on? The secret is, scripts are unable to recognize strange occurances, and thus will trudge on ahead as if nothing happened. If you run around acting as stupid as a script then you should get used to reading policy and getting warnings.

Lyonis
12-13-2004, 04:16 AM
Look at how that screen shot is, and tell me I'm not able to pay 90-95% of my attention to it.

I fully believe you were able to pay 90-95% of your attention to the 30-40% of the game window you could actually see at the time. Still doesn't get you too far though.

theotherjohn
12-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Looks like he had every reason.

agreed.

I dislike Brauden like I dislike most about the current Simu staff but you were AFK.

You are should be very happy you were not banned and be more attentive while scripting in the future.

12-13-2004, 06:23 AM

FUCKING PWNNNEND! 1, by an inanimate object I might add.

Ilvane
12-13-2004, 07:09 AM
:lol: I find it funny that you break policy and somehow it's Brauden's fault you get caught?

Hmm.

-A

Nieninque
12-13-2004, 07:47 AM
I cant be bothered to read through all this thread but I am going to comment anyway
/Chadj

The gist of it is, Chadj fucked up...but he didnt
Brauden was doing his job...but he wasnt.
People who agree with Chadj are intelligent and observant
People who disagree with him are blind and retarded.

Eiderfleur
12-13-2004, 07:48 AM
I cant be bothered to read through all this thread but I am going to comment anyway
/Chadj

The gist of it is, Chadj fucked up...but he didnt
Brauden was doing his job...but he wasnt.
People who agree with Chadj are intelligent and observant
People who disagree with him are blind and retarded.

LOLOLOL

Miss X
12-13-2004, 07:52 AM
LOL.

If I get knocked over and fall down while I'm hunting I know, because guess what? I'm paying attention to my screen.
I seriously doubt Brauden warned you because of what you said here, he probably didnt even fucking read it, or care. I doubt I would either.

AnticorRifling
12-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Dude I gotta go buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye 4 this B A CONSPIRACY!

Parkbandit
12-13-2004, 08:26 AM
You said it yourself.. you got knocked down 5 times. Not one of those 5 times did you respond to what was happening around you. To the GM, it simply looked like you had a semi-smart hunting script that had "put stand" in it.

I would highlight that wind blowing phrase.. and attach a sound to it so you know when the GM is checking on you.

Sorry Chadj.. you did deserve the warning though.

Methais
12-13-2004, 05:20 PM
I was running a script once at the lake in Solhaven that would pretty much just plow through everything, skin, search, etc., but the script was so complex that I had to use some 3rd party FE to run it (this was before Stormfront), and just barely caught one of those "Please <insert verb here> within the next X seconds to show that you're not afk, blah blah blah."

Since the FE didn't suport any text highlighting, I was pretty much blind (I've been playing with assloads of highlights for years now, I'm sure most of you could relate to going to NO highlights after being used to having several), but I got lucky and saw the message for a split second, scrolled up to see what the hell it was, then responded to it, and the GM left me alone from there.

Had I not noticed that one line, I'm sure I would have been pulled to the lounge and warned too, despite the fact that I wasn't AFK scripting and the GM would have told me I was full of shit about not being AFK and to go fuck myself. So yeah I can understand why Chadj is pissed off at Brauden, assuming he's not leaving out any facts. Shit scrolls by so fast even when you're NOT running a script most of the time, it's easy to not see some GM sent shit on your screen.

Chadj went wrong when he stood back up those 5 other times and did nothing but let his script resume instead of saying "Quit fucking with me asshole, I'm not AFK," again assuming he's not leaving anything out of his story.

CrystalTears
12-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Chadj can't seem to find the time to read the entire thread before replying, I doubt that he would read everything going on in the game window either.

Mistomeer
12-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Lake scripters suck. If it wasn't for them, skinning wouldn't have been nerfed.

Soulpieced
12-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Lake scripters suck. If it wasn't for them, skinning wouldn't have been nerfed.

LMAO. You weren't around when fire cat claws and warcat whiskers were 500 and 700 apiece.

Jonty
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Marluxian
Would anyone NOT afk do that?

Yep, I've done it, and didn't notice I was on the floor for more than one swing since the critters were still dying.

Methais
12-13-2004, 06:38 PM
<<Lake scripters suck. If it wasn't for them, skinning wouldn't have been nerfed.>>

Wasn't it YOUR script I was using? Or was that Calael's? Skinning would have been nerfed regardless, I seriously doubt it was solely because of lake hunters. Otherwise they would have just nerfed skin prices of lake critters only.

I didn't usually script it anyway, I mostly just macroed everything. I get bored too easily running a script that does everything.

You can thank them for nerfing Charge Item and Mana Leech. After they nerfed that, I went to the lake to make money.

<<LMAO. You weren't around when fire cat claws and warcat whiskers were 500 and 700 apiece.>>

Lake skins would range anywhere from 300-1200 each. Probably closer to 500-1200 if you skipped over fenghai since their skins usually sucked.

Then again things cost a lot less back in the fire cat / warcat days.

[Edited on 12-13-2004 by Methais]

Snapp
12-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Methais

You can thank them for nerfing Charge Item and Mana Leech.

Just curious.. how did they "nerf" mana leech? The only change I can think of (dropping it to 1 mana if successfully warded) seemed to make it a much more viable spell.

Methais
12-13-2004, 06:44 PM
When they implemented the 1 mana on success thing, they also implemented the cooldown. If you kept leeching before the cooldown was up, you'd keep getting less and less mana until eventually you would get no mana at all until you wait a while before casting it again.

I'd take the old version over the current version anyday.

[Edited on 12-13-2004 by Methais]

Mistomeer
12-13-2004, 06:49 PM
I was being sarcastic.

Methais
12-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Oh. Carry on then.

Galleazzo
12-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Damn, I like how Chadj calls everyone who doesn't kiss his pucker a tool and an asshole. Now Brauden is a prick, no error, but he gotcha dead to rights. Just fucking nut up and get that most of us think writing a script while yer AFK hunting is AFK hunting, 'kay? Whereja get the idea we were a bunch of suckups who'd agree with everything ya said?

:rolleyes:

Tsa`ah
12-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
LMAO. You weren't around when fire cat claws and warcat whiskers were 500 and 700 apiece.

It was tails and whiskers wasn't it?

But ya, those were great until dip shits started scripting them for hours or a gank squad of level 50+ characters decided they were going to pwn the caves.

AnticorRifling
12-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Mana leech was better the old way, sure it cost 16 mana a success but you could pull more mana and you could do it over and over. The new style you see a slow down on the mana you get back until "You are no longer feeling the effects of mana leech"

Under the old style you could, if you had a good major CS, go find critters and get all the mana you could ever need to charge items which is what Methais did.

Askip
12-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Fire rats give the tails.

:D

Fengus
12-14-2004, 02:15 PM
I haven't been to rats and cats in 10+ years, but even then it was loaded with campers. Course the only reason I ever went there was for the society, too freeking boring to hunt skins.

Methais
12-14-2004, 04:14 PM
<<Under the old style you could, if you had a good major CS, go find critters and get all the mana you could ever need to charge items which is what Methais did.>>

Not to mention I could stay out hunting as long as I wanted too, as long as there were leech friendly critters nearby. I was able to stay out hunting in OTF until I felt like going in to rest (aqueduct critters made great mana batteries), not when the game forced me to.

All that blue crystal/ruby amulet money I made was nice too :P

AnticorRifling
12-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Hell yeah I used to buy blue crystals off of you like they were going out of style. I had a macro just for using them bitches. And all the fresh ones I found I just gave you because I knew I'd be buying them back nice and charged.

Caramia
12-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Chadj can't seem to find the time to read the entire thread before replying, I doubt that he would read everything going on in the game window either.

::laughs:: Too funny. Points for CT.

Caramia
12-14-2004, 07:06 PM

It doesn't say you were AFK, it says you were inattentive. By your own admission, you were somewhat inattentive, not only with Chadj, but with the character doing guild work, which is also worth the same warning.

I can create a script that stands me up when I'm down, blinks in spots, even speaks. It's the response to what is going on around you that's a tip-off.

Busted clean you were.

[Edited on 12/15/2004 by Caramia]

Dionisius
12-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Ok, Brauden needs to pull his thumb out of his ass. He basically just had it out for you Chadj. Usually if a GM thinks your AFK scripting they will send you multiple messages (usually 3) telling you that they think you are AFK scripting and to report so they know that you arent. Brauden basically skipped all that and just pulled you and issued the warning. The fact that he knocked you over TWICE while you were hunting and then proceeded to rub it in after he pulled you just shows that he gets none at home, has no children, and will be a virgin till the day he dies. He clearly whacks off while looking for people to ban from GS.

AnticorRifling
12-15-2004, 06:10 AM
If by twice you mean five times... Do you even read the other posts before you reply?

Kainen
12-15-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Dionisius
Ok, Brauden needs to pull his thumb out of his ass. He basically just had it out for you Chadj. Usually if a GM thinks your AFK scripting they will send you multiple messages (usually 3) telling you that they think you are AFK scripting and to report so they know that you arent. Brauden basically skipped all that and just pulled you and issued the warning. The fact that he knocked you over TWICE while you were hunting and then proceeded to rub it in after he pulled you just shows that he gets none at home, has no children, and will be a virgin till the day he dies. He clearly whacks off while looking for people to ban from GS.

I am so tired of people breaking rules then getting in trouble and THEN having the nerve to whine about it.. here's a tip... stop breaking the rules!!! When you get TRUELY get in trouble for no reason THEN whine.. untill then SHUT THE FUCK UP! And as for people who are talking shit about someone who is actually doing something against people who break rules.. I notice it's usually people who have admitted to breaking rules themselves.
/end rant

Nieninque
12-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
If by twice you mean five times... Do you even read the other posts before you reply?

He is replying to a thread started by Chadj, maybe he is just getting in the spirit.

Dionisius
12-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Yes I was replying to chadj's post and if I remember correctly, scripting while at the keyboard and watching isnt against policy. First of all, they can only give you a warning if you are UNRESPONSIVE. How does Brauden know he was unresponsive if he didnt send him a warning message asking him to report if he is there. Also, the fact that he answered when he was pulled shows that he was responsive and Brauden STILL gave him the warning. That just shows he is ignorant and was just acting like a complete asshole. And yes I am against AFK script hunting but I am also against people like Brauden who are given a position of power and abuse it. Thank you and have a nice day.

Nilandia
12-15-2004, 06:54 PM
How does Brauden know he was unresponsive if he didnt send him a warning message asking him to report if he is there.
Brauden used the wind to blow him over to see if he was responding. I've had it happen to me once while I was in a shop with other people. Wind only blew me over, so it was safe to assume that it was a GM.

Most people don't hunt while lying down (least I hope not), so when Chadj didn't stand up immediately, Brauden might have assumed that Chadj was afk scripting.

It's easy to yell at Brauden, saying that you really were paying attention and that you just missed that one. Taking it from Brauden's point of view, however, Chadj could easily have set up a highlight string to correspond with getting pulled and associate a sound file with it, getting his attention if he gets pulled so he can look like he really was paying attention to the screen.

Easy to make it look like you were paying attention, though not to say that's what you did, Chadj. I get the feeling that Brauden had actually been watching for a while to observe your patterns, someone had reported or something else. I just don't think that this was an isolated incident that you were being watched.

Nilandia

Nieninque
12-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Yes I was replying to chadj's post and if I remember correctly, scripting while at the keyboard and watching isnt against policy. First of all, they can only give you a warning if you are UNRESPONSIVE. How does Brauden know he was unresponsive if he didnt send him a warning message asking him to report if he is there. Also, the fact that he answered when he was pulled shows that he was responsive and Brauden STILL gave him the warning. That just shows he is ignorant and was just acting like a complete asshole. And yes I am against AFK script hunting but I am also against people like Brauden who are given a position of power and abuse it. Thank you and have a nice day.

Brauden > Dionisius + Xenostrus + Chadj

Chadj
12-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Pile of shit > Nieninque

Methais
12-15-2004, 07:40 PM
A pile of rotten assholes in a moldy ziploc bag > Brauden

Fengus
12-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Give it up Chadj, take your medicine and dry your eyes.

Chadj
12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
Give it up Chadj, take your medicine and dry your eyes.

Uhh.. give what up?

HarmNone
12-15-2004, 08:22 PM
A GM may blow you over with wind, cause a rabid rat to crawl up your leg and nibble your chin...any number of things. He/she may, or may not, give you a SEND to let you know they suspect you of AFK scripting. This is because they are well aware that the scripts check for SENDs.

If you're not attentive to the script while it's running, you may miss certain subtle hints that there's a GM on your ass. That's your fault, not theirs. They're just doing their jobs.

Duel
12-15-2004, 09:08 PM
GMs like Brauden make mistakes...they just will never admit it. Also, they can do whatever they want, according to their holy policy.

Galleazzo
12-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Yes I was replying to chadj's post and if I remember correctly, scripting while at the keyboard and watching isnt against policy. First of all, they can only give you a warning if you are UNRESPONSIVE. How does Brauden know he was unresponsive if he didnt send him a warning message asking him to report if he is there. Also, the fact that he answered when he was pulled shows that he was responsive and Brauden STILL gave him the warning. That just shows he is ignorant and was just acting like a complete asshole. And yes I am against AFK script hunting but I am also against people like Brauden who are given a position of power and abuse it. Thank you and have a nice day. Chadj, you showed us a fucking screenshot, okay? You were writing a script while you were script hunting. You got bagged, so nut up and shut up.

(Dionisackoshit ain't a real person. Chadj's logging in from the librayr to make it look good).

Galleazzo
12-16-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Duel
GMs like Brauden make mistakes...they just will never admit it. Also, they can do whatever they want, according to their holy policy. Jesus fucking Christ, Chadj, and Budda and Allah too for all I care. Inventing new accounts to make it look like people agree with you's fucking pathetic. Cut it out.

:loser:

Kainen
12-16-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
so nut up and shut up.

:lol: Someone been told.

Dionisius
12-16-2004, 03:50 AM
Galleashitto can like my ass after I take a shit. Thank you

Dionisius
12-16-2004, 03:52 AM
And Nieninque can get the left overs once Galleawhore is done.

Tsa`ah
12-16-2004, 04:01 AM
Back to the topic. Everything else can go in a new thread or hammer it out in U2Us.

Nieninque
12-16-2004, 04:38 AM
And Nieninque can get the left overs once Galleawhore is done.

Eeesh...I wouldnt touch you with Chadj's tongue. :spaz:

Chadj was AFK.
Chadj was slammed
Chadj cried.

Business as usual

[Edited on 16-12-04 by Nieninque]

Chadj
12-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Uhh, I have accessed two accounts in the past few months.

Chadj
isweartokoarimnotchadj

Anyways, Gall, you are a fucking retard.

BigBadBonar
12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Maybe some preparation H would help?

Either that or vagisil, sometimes i wonder with Chadj

Fengus
12-17-2004, 03:15 AM
He invented the trailing j on the GS name, definately vagisil.

Here is why GS is dying: just turned level 8, and I have to gain 20000 exp to get another level. Hello n00b, our goal, bore you to death.

Methais
12-17-2004, 03:31 AM
WTF 20k exp from level 8-9 now?

Thysan
12-17-2004, 04:18 AM
-- Look at how that screen shot is, and tell me I'm not able to pay 90-95% of my attention to it.

Also note, he has knocked me over at least 5 times more before that, and I stood up for all 5 times. Cause I was there when it happened. And I was there when this happened. And I was there the whole time in between. Therefore, I was in no way AFK scripting

Chadj --

I feel your pain Chadj, when I script hunt both my accounts I watch both of them at the same time. You have to look out for yourself. So that means, when you see you got called winded in Kiramon, you say WTF? Then you go to yourself, must be some GM prick (read: Brauden). So you do the following.

report I am at the keyboard and would appreciate it if you stopped call winding me, it really makes it hard to hunt, I am paying to enjoy a game.

If you were the one who in fact stood up each time that is. If you were actually the one doing the standing, you are dumb for not reporting to get them to stop. If it was your script, I'd say you are BSing. In the future, highlight and put a sound on being call winded so you can report to get them to knock it off.

Galleazzo
12-17-2004, 04:37 AM
Uhh, I have accessed two accounts in the past few months. Anyways, Gall, you are a fucking retard. Nah, I'm fucking dead on the money. I ain't the one who made a post and then have n00b accounts crawling outta the woodwork to say what a helluva guy I am.

'Sides which you still got pwned. So give it a rest.

:stfu:

Dionisius
12-17-2004, 05:34 AM
Listen crackhead fucker, I forgot my damn password and the computer its saved on is at my dorm room in college. Im currently at home on my laptop and guess what, I didnt remember the password since I only had to type it once. So, I made another account and named it after my other character which everyone knows me as.

Next time you decide to talk shit, bring a napkin so you can wipe it off your lips... BEOTCH!!

CrystalTears
12-17-2004, 12:34 PM
If you forget your password, you can request it be sent to you, as long as you remember the email you signed up with, rather than needing to keep creating new user names. You and Warclaidhm should get together and go bowling.

If you forget your login for Gemstone, do you create a new account and character? I mean geez people, use your noggin for something other than bashing it on the walls.

Parkbandit
12-17-2004, 12:39 PM
LOVE CT and her new sig.

LMAO

Askip
12-17-2004, 04:21 PM
<< just turned level 8, and I have to gain 20000 exp to get another level. >>

I do not see a problem with that. In GS3 you needed 20k to get from level 5 to 6. In GS4 you need 30k less EXP to reach title, and novices can reach GS4 level 5 faster than GS3 level 3.

:D

Fengus
12-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Askip
<< just turned level 8, and I have to gain 20000 exp to get another level. >>

In GS3 you needed 20k to get from level 5 to 6.

And GS3 was such a big hit they had to throw it away and make a new one.

I wouldn't compare exp from 4 to 3, 3 had lots of tricks to help that.

As for faster low-low-levels, who really cares? That prolly a worse thing for new players who don't know a damn thing about skills, you force them to do it repeatedly in an hour of play, but then 3-4 short hours later they won't be seeing a level up for weeks.

Michaelous
12-17-2004, 09:40 PM
At least khaladon didnt show up 5 hours later, and ban you, like he does to some other innocent people.

Originally posted by Thysan
report I am at the keyboard and would appreciate it if you stopped call winding me, it really makes it hard to hunt, I am paying to enjoy a game.

why do i get the feeling that wouldnt work for me.

Stunseed
12-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Because dual-scripting requires intelligence, and the mental capacity to either use a mouse to click on the windows, or the ability to hit ALT + TAB.

You have none of those.

12-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Michaelous
At least khaladon didnt show up 5 hours later, and ban you, like he does to some other innocent people.

:stfu: :thanx:

Kainen
12-17-2004, 10:39 PM

Oh I don't know.. maybe it's because..
YOU AREN'T INNOCENT?!?!?!

Chadj
12-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
If you forget your password, you can request it be sent to you, as long as you remember the email you signed up with, rather than needing to keep creating new user names. You and Warclaidhm should get together and go bowling.

If you forget your login for Gemstone, do you create a new account and character? I mean geez people, use your noggin for something other than bashing it on the walls.

I give anyone permission to go ahead and post my IP. I also request that a moderator verify that myself and Dionisus are quite not the same people. Baseless arguments such as that are nearly as stupid as someone who claims to be done with me, and then continues on badgering me. Sorry, CT, you still lose at life.

[Edited on 12-18-2004 by Chadj]

Tsa`ah
12-18-2004, 12:43 AM
I will confirm that it is not the topic at hand, so for the second time ... make another topic or take it to U2Us.

And no, a conclusive match using the available data is not possible.

Any further derailments will be deleted.

Silent_Willy
12-23-2004, 09:50 PM

You are mixing up the word innocent person with "fucking retarded piece of shit who should be boiled in 1 month old menstruation blood". Not even Bobmuthol is as dumb as you...but he tries with his big bad level whatever female character....

On topic, you (Chadj) weren't technically AFK, but neither were you paying attention to the window. Brauden is a dick, but I think you got what you deserved. What the fuck is the point of AFK scripting. If the game is so tedious, why the fuck do you play it. If the game has turned into a job for you, stop playing. A game is meant to be fun, not an obsession. Why get to level 100, PvP in this game is a joke, storylines are for ass-kissers 99% of the time, uber equipment is bought by the same 3 or 4 people over and over and over.

And, yes, I am 100% sure Brauden not only did it because you probably fucked with too many people, but because you insulted him on these boards. I know for a fact he reads these boards, as do most well-known GM's. They will deny it, of course, but if you post a character name here, and an insult towards a GM, expect your ass to be blacklisted for big events, RP or otherwise.

Naomi Chan
12-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Scripting is unfair to other players and disruptive to the illusion of Elanthia.

Artha
12-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Not even Bobmuthol is as dumb as you...but he tries with his big bad level whatever female character....

That he does not have anymore.

Parkbandit
12-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Artha

Not even Bobmuthol is as dumb as you...but he tries with his big bad level whatever female character....

That he does not have anymore.

He sold Shay?

Nieninque
12-27-2004, 02:35 PM
yup

To Nagod? Someone like that who is playing her like an eejit from all accounts

Parkbandit
12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
yup

To Nagod? Someone like that who is playing her like an eejit from all accounts

Damn.. I should sell Falgrin. He has no warnings at all.. AND owns a park.

Silent_Willy
12-28-2004, 01:57 AM
If he sold Shay, how is he going to abuse poilicy and log on a high level character to attack people? Aww, that's too bad.