PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever talk to yourself?

Betheny
09-09-2003, 07:59 PM
I catch myself carrying on an internal dialogue with myself, sometimes. I don't do it out loud... I occasionally will express outrage when I'm sitting alone reading the boards or playing GS or whatever, but I do often find myself carrying on a mental conversation...

Am I alone in my insanity?!

Back
09-09-2003, 08:11 PM

In that you are alone within your head? Yes.

In that other people do it also? No.

What I hate are the violent FUCK YOU outbursts ASSHOLE of profanity while I'm COCKSUCKER riding the subway. BITCH!

Bobmuhthol
09-09-2003, 08:14 PM
I have conversations that are less than normal. Out loud. But only when I'm alone. It's usually about something recent that's a nuisance.

"Fuck man, I can't find my keys."

"Dude, look for them."

"I am."

"Well look harder."

"Fuck you."

I then stop talking to myself.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Backlash

In that you are alone within your head? Yes.

In that other people do it also? No.

What I hate are the violent FUCK YOU outbursts ASSHOLE of profanity while I'm COCKSUCKER riding the subway. BITCH!

wouldn't that be considered Tourettes? :smug:

Halfsilver
09-09-2003, 08:20 PM
I talk to myself to the point where I find people giving me strange looks or asking me what I said.

Just thinking outloud...

-grays

:thumbsup:

edited: love you too, hunny.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Halfsilver]

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:21 PM
*growls gently* what a seksy butt ...

errr did i say that out loud, dangit!

edited: i love graysy

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 08:23 PM
I do admit to talking to myself... Especially when I'm writing something or pissed about something, I like talk it out with myself... It's not strange! it's just a way to speak openly to yourself... yep.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:24 PM
i love you leloo ;o)

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Okay, I should re-name this topic "Lover's Lane" instead of what it's about.

Wasn't it you two that are constantly whining about how everything's off topic?!

Scott
09-09-2003, 08:25 PM
When I play baseball I tend to mutter to myself. Nobody can really hear me but I mutter under breath a lot when I screw up. I started doing it when I starting playing college ball and I've been doing it ever since.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:26 PM
i could careless if something is off topic, don't get me confused with my hunny ;o) i can simply delete it if thats your wish

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:27 PM
I tend to talk to myself mentally when I'm in large crowds. I don't do well in crowds. But I also do it when I'm alone.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
When I play baseball I tend to mutter to myself. Nobody can really hear me but I mutter under breath a lot when I screw up. I started doing it when I starting playing college ball and I've been doing it ever since.

you know what? i do the same thing .. when i mess up on something i mutter ... cussing myself out basically ;o)

Betheny
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
i could careless if somethings off topic, don't get me confused with my hunny ;o) i can simply delete it if thats your wish

I was making a point. You ARE the pot calling the kettle black.

GSLeloo
I'm loved? I actually find that when I talk to myself I make a LOT more sense than when I try to convey the same idea to someone else.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:29 PM
maimara chill out for once ok? sheesh, this isn't something to get upset over.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
I'm loved? I actually find that when I talk to myself I make a LOT more sense than when I try to convey the same idea to someone else.
well of course you are! your my sweetest friend :cool2:

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:32 PM

1. I'm perfectly chilled.

2. Stop thinking everyone is a spazz like you are.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Maimara

1. I'm perfectly chilled.

2. Stop thinking everyone is a spazz like you are.

Then don't jump to my post out of the rest and pick at it like a nose :yawn:

Scott
09-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Alright, back on topic. We have enough Atheana flame threads out there that we don't need one here.

ElvenRangeress
09-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Alright, back on topic. We have enough Atheana flame threads out there that we don't need one here.

DANGIT ATHEANA THERE YOU GO AGAIN, WITCH!!! blah why can't I just keep that to myself *sigh* :P

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Actually I think he was referring to both of you... not just you, Atheana.

Drew2
09-09-2003, 08:58 PM
I talk to myself all the time. I always have. I'm the most interesting person I know. Why wouldn't I?

(omg that's that new thing called sarcasm. don't worry.)

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Well I don't think I'm so interesting that I have to talk to myself... I just think sometimes when I'm trying to figure something out it's easy to talk it out to myself to get it all straight...

Betheny
09-09-2003, 09:02 PM
I write... I tend to think to myself like the inside of my head was a freaking novel...

Drew2
09-09-2003, 09:02 PM
I don't talk to myself because I'm interesting.
I do like someone else mentioned.. if I'm thinking on a problem or if I'm looking for something... oh or if I get pissed off at a game. I talk to it. So I guess that's talking to me. I've started talking to myself a lot more since living alone too. Kinda sad. Maybe I'll be that crazy guy on the streets that's talking to rocks and stuff. That'll be neat.

theotherjohn
09-09-2003, 09:03 PM
You always talk to the smartest person in the room.

Back
09-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Backlash thinks, "Geez, this thread was hijacked. I hate that. Especially when I make them. Damn Klaive. Maybe a sympathy post for GSLeloo, yeah, good idea."

Don't you hate it when people hijack your threads?

Lesson: Thought drives action, which makes thoughts physical. Even though this is all electronic, my thought is not being tapped onto a harddrive somewhere.

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Um... I need sympathy?

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 09:13 PM
I was simply stating that my ego is not so large that I believe I am the only important person there is and that talking to myself is all I can do cause everyone else sucks. You talk to yourself out of boredom or to sort through your thoughts, not cause it's stimulating conversation. And if it's because it's stimulating conversation... there's a problem.

Back
09-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
Um... I need sympathy?

Not that you needed it, just that I sympathize. I'm not empathizing.

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Ah... um... ok.

GS4Gurl
09-09-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm constantly talking to myself. Especially when I am alone. If someone pisses me of I find myself cussing them out like a drunken sailor. I always feel better afterword. And it saves me from saying it to their face and hurting their feelings! hehahe.

peam
09-09-2003, 09:40 PM
I swear to myself with regularity.

If I'm doing something tedious, I'll catch myself mumbling a bit.

Devil Ducky
09-09-2003, 09:41 PM
I live with two teenage girls, of course I talk to myself..someone has to be the voice of sanity around here :spin:

Betheny
09-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Do ducks talk to themselves.

I'm just wondering.

Hips
09-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Leloo roars to herself all the time, don't let her fool you.

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 10:18 PM
I have to say... I think Peam's little dancing banana thing is so adorable.

CrystalTears
09-09-2003, 10:56 PM
I talk to myself when I'm alone, mostly on the inside but it'll tend to creep out at times. At night I'm alone with the cat and I'll say something as though I'm talking to her. But who are we kidding here, I'm talking to myself. Of course once in a while she'll meow so that I don't feel that I've completely lost my mind yet. :D

Praefection
09-09-2003, 11:18 PM
I don't really talk to myself really except when I'm at work but that's another story. Nothing feels better than cussing out some asshole on the phone while I put them on hold for one thing or another. Makes my day to scream out nasty names.

Snapp
09-09-2003, 11:37 PM
I talk to myself too much.. At home I just tell myself "you're talking to the dog!"

Devil Ducky
09-09-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Do ducks talk to themselves.

I'm just wondering.

always!:tumble:

Hips
09-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I talk to the NPCs when I play Morrowind, or other PC/PS2 games. Greg says that I'm crazy and that I do it too much, but... he talks to his cat all the time, so I figure we're about even.

Lord Whirlin
09-10-2003, 12:00 AM
You are such a liar. Its my crazy mother that talks to my cat. Besides, you talk to your dog all the time, and don't deny it either. I'm just sane enough that yelling back at the computer isn't going to make a difference in what they're about to say

Hips
09-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Lord Whirlin
You are such a liar. Its my crazy mother that talks to my cat.

You do too!
And... I'm sure you talk to other stuff too, I just can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe your fencing gear? Or your car? I know there's something...

Tendarian
09-10-2003, 12:07 AM
I talk to myself so much i have to leave the tv on so i have something to listen to or else ill just sit in the dark and next thing i know three hours went by. (yeah i know thats weird, hush) Btw the news channels or the history channel are great to fall asleep to. Intresting enough not to be bored,boring enough not to stay up forever.

Also i feel the ducks pain,i live with two teenage daughters as well and it is quite the stress somedays.

HarmNone
09-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Yep. I talk to myself all the time. I work things through that way. If something is bothering me, I will talk it out with myself.

HarmNone

CrystalTears
09-10-2003, 12:18 AM
And how about married couples who talk to each other on a message board or in IMs when they are.. right.. there. :P

And as for talking to yourself, if you can't be good company to yourself, you won't be for anyone else.

Tendarian
09-10-2003, 12:21 AM
I agree i figure out a lot of my beliefs by talking it through in my head. However when im angry i usually need to find a person to talk to or ill just stew in my hate and get even more pissed which is a bad thing.

Tsa`ah
09-10-2003, 10:56 AM
I'll quote my cousin.

"If I didn't talk to myself, I wouldn't have a sane person to hold a conversation with."

Beastabana
09-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Hell yeah! Who the hell else would listen that intently to my own ramblings?

GSLeloo
09-10-2003, 03:07 PM
I do talk to my dog sometimes. But it's just cause she's so cute that you can't help but take to her like she's a little baby. But who doesn't talk to their pet?

Edaarin
09-10-2003, 03:18 PM
...I can't believe this thread has 3 pages worth of responses. You're all insane, heh.

GS4Gurl
09-10-2003, 05:19 PM
I like to scream, "DIE BITCH!!" right before I kill a spider.

Scott
09-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
...I can't believe this thread has 3 pages worth of responses. You're all insane, heh.

Better them talking on a message board then too themselves.....

Vesi
09-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I guess I have a running conversation in my head. I'm like someone else that posted... I do write it down at times.

If I stub my toe or something I will yell out an obscenity. I will also start saying no, no, no when something is about to fall off a shelf, cabinet, etc. Like saying no, no, no is going to stop it from falling.

Vesi

imported_Kranar
09-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Personally I debate all issues with myself when I'm uncertain about what side of an issue I stand on.

I just picture a nice big debating floor where I will debate all the pros, cons, counter arguments, and everything back and forth until I reach a conclusion that is elegant and consistent. Walking places, sitting waiting for an appointment, waiting in line for something... whenever I'm alone and I have to wait for something I find that time flies by when you just debate an issue with yourself.

Weedmage Princess
09-10-2003, 06:25 PM
I talk to myself lots.