PDA

View Full Version : How is my outfit?

Jahira
12-11-2004, 01:23 AM
You are wearing a blood-stained linen empath's cloak, some void black kidskin field surgery gloves encrusted with blood and bone fragments, a rugged travelers medical kit strung with bloodied bandages, a translucent spidersilk backpack bulging and overflowing with fresh linen bandages, an embossed leather pouch, a primitive spiral tattoo, a blood-stained bandage, a blood-stained linen head bandage, a makeshift modwir splint, a torn leather eye-patch, an aloeas stem talisman and a crystal amulet.

The pouch that seems out of place holds 130 pounds so I need that. Other than that I need more bandage ideas. I RP a healer who wears a sign(I actually have an altered sign) that says "I am not healing right now" so I tend people with my bandages. I need more things though.

StrayRogue
12-11-2004, 01:24 AM
A bit too themed for my liking.

DeV
12-11-2004, 02:23 AM
I have a blood-stained canvas sheath if you're interested. Just send a U2U.

Lady Prisma
12-11-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Jahira
You are wearing a blood-stained linen empath's cloak, some void black kidskin field surgery gloves encrusted with blood and bone fragments, a rugged travelers medical kit strung with bloodied bandages, a translucent spidersilk backpack bulging and overflowing with fresh linen bandages, an embossed leather pouch, a primitive spiral tattoo, a blood-stained bandage, a blood-stained linen head bandage, a makeshift modwir splint, a torn leather eye-patch, an aloeas stem talisman and a crystal amulet.

The pouch that seems out of place holds 130 pounds so I need that. Other than that I need more bandage ideas. I RP a healer who wears a sign(I actually have an altered sign) that says "I am not healing right now" so I tend people with my bandages. I need more things though.

Somebody said they did not like it cause it was too themed... but that's what i love about the outfit, lol!

Very nice!

12-11-2004, 02:50 AM
That was like 2 posts up

Caramia
12-11-2004, 02:57 AM
Themed stuff is fine in moderation, but something with blood in the description for almost each item makes me want to say "We get it. You like blood, you're bloodied."

Drew
12-11-2004, 04:24 AM
I think themed stuff can go overboard but I'm all for everything being "blood" themed for an empath. All they do is spend all day dealing with people bleeding and bleeding themselves, I don't understand how everything on their person wouldn't be bloody. Great outfit for an empath!

EmpressBtch
12-11-2004, 06:22 AM
It doesn't seem very sterile.

Stunseed
12-11-2004, 09:33 AM
< It doesn't seem very sterile. >

Seeing as how the world of Elanthia is based, nothing is very sterile. I don't look at people's inventory, because most times I get slapped with a screen full of fluffed crap.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Does the backpack that is overflowing with bandages hold anything? I hope not, because it's overflowing with bandages.

Personally, I don't like it... but then, who am I :)

Snapp
12-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Does the backpack that is overflowing with bandages hold anything?
I was wondering that too. Interesting alters.. love the gloves. And the overall outfit isn't bad.

AnticorRifling
12-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Put it in order.

Jahira
12-11-2004, 01:57 PM
The backpack does hold whatever a normal translucent spidersilk backpack does. Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense but it was made on the Dhu when the alterers would do anything. Just like when they made me my "Ancient Tome" with a show calling it "The tome of Infinite Wisdom"

SpunGirl
12-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Wow, I guessed that you were an empath after like the first line, I must be psychic. Seriously, the gloves with bone fragments? Ew. My character wouldn't go near an empath looking like that. Unsanitary hospital, anyone?

A good outfit, IMO, doesn't need to scream "I R EMPATH!" or "I HEART MULAROS!!11!!" I mean, in real life, if you dig Aerosmith, are you wearing an Aerosmith t-shirt, a pair of Aerosmith-symbol stamped leather pants, a black jacket with the symbol of Aerosmith emblazoned on the back, and an Aerosmith pendant? I seriously hope not. Just my opinion.

-K

12-11-2004, 02:10 PM
I do.

- Arkans

SpunGirl
12-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah right Arkans! You're like the most fashion-aware male on these boards other than Edaarin. Don't lie, your wang will shrink. :P

-K

12-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Holy fuck. They wouldn't let me have rubber gloves when I provided a red rubber nose, but you get those gloves made, which merchant was it, and how many kabillioms of silver did you have to slip them?:?:

SpunGirl
12-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
which merchant was it,

I can't believe you even have to ask.

-K

Artha
12-11-2004, 02:57 PM
They wouldn't let me have rubber gloves when I provided a red rubber nose, but you get those gloves made, which merchant was it, and how many kabillioms of silver did you have to slip them?
Zimzum had them made by Sukara.

12-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Blargh!

It was the Sukara who wouldn't do rubber gloves to match my lab coat, for me. :(

Anyway, she stole my rubber nose and I had to find a new one.

Jahira
12-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Yep it is true. The gloves were my very first item. I bought them for Zimzum. They hold my runestaff which is a bit odd.

The Cat In The Hat
12-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Wow, I guessed that you were an empath after like the first line, I must be psychic. Seriously, the gloves with bone fragments? Ew. My character wouldn't go near an empath looking like that. Unsanitary hospital, anyone?

A good outfit, IMO, doesn't need to scream "I R EMPATH!" or "I HEART MULAROS!!11!!" I mean, in real life, if you dig Aerosmith, are you wearing an Aerosmith t-shirt, a pair of Aerosmith-symbol stamped leather pants, a black jacket with the symbol of Aerosmith emblazoned on the back, and an Aerosmith pendant? I seriously hope not. Just my opinion.

-K

No, but replace Aerosmith with Backstreet Boys and that's pretty close to what I saw someone wearing yesterday.

You mean nobody's crashed their plane yet? Someone get on it!

HouseofElves
12-11-2004, 08:12 PM
But wait...where are your clothes? Are you just wearing bandages under the cloak? I didn't see any kind of footwear, pants or a shirt.

It has...potential?

Chelle
12-11-2004, 08:45 PM
some void black kidskin field surgery gloves encrusted with blood and bone fragments.... Uhhh If a doc came to me with other peoples blood and bone fragments on their "surgical gloves".. I would be like, "What's the point of having surgical gloves if you're not going to be sanitary and at least clean them after each use?" The outfit is okay, just a little too themed.

Nilandia
12-12-2004, 01:13 AM
So uh... yeah. I'll agree, that's a bit too themed. I can understand having your main clothing red or stained red, but other than that, much too much. Personally, I much prefer to let my RP speak for myself than my clothes. That's why I carry a lot of props but still dress normally. (Semi-normally. Nilandia's actually starting to dress more sexy because someone likes it.)

Bloodstained clothes are not comfortable at all, either. Once it dries, I'd imagine the clothes get stiff and scratchy. Not nice at all.

Same thing for the bloodied bandages. Why keep them bloody? If I had bandages like that, first thing I'd do is clean them. All the first aid I was taught is that you change the bandages once they get bloody like the ones you have.

I'm also curious about the splint. I would assume that your character currently has a broken bone or something? If not, maybe you could wear it when you do and take it off when you don't.

Also, I've always had a problem with the empath cloaks. What in the world is an "empath cloak?" Anyone tell me what they look like? (And no one tell me that they're pink and smeared with chocolate!)

The gloves? Sorry, hun, but they're not sitting well with me. If I see an empath with them, the first thing I'm going to think of is "Ew! They want to touch me with THOSE?!"

Yes, I'm getting picky, but the backpack doesn't make much sense to me, either. You'll be able to store much more bandages if you keep them in rolls, so unless the rolls are unraveling, the overflowing image isn't going to fit.

Overall, I'd have to say that I like your pouch and talisman most. The pouch is utilitarian and looks nice, while the talisman will tell people you're an empath without walking around smelling like dried blood.

Now, if you are going for the dried blood and gore look, it's a great start. Only thing I'd fix is to take out the "void black" bit in the gloves. Just call 'em black, we'll know what you mean. ;)

Nilandia

Shari
12-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey, Aerosmith is the shit.

Someone send ME some Aerosmith-stamped pants and pendant please, as I only have a t-shirt, bumpersticker, and keychain.

Thanks.

Amaron
12-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
Holy fuck. They wouldn't let me have rubber gloves when I provided a red rubber nose, but you get those gloves made, which merchant was it, and how many kabillioms of silver did you have to slip them?:?:

Just curious as to what you would do with rubber gloves you cannot do with normal ones...

J

whose mind is wandering into dark ugly places...

ducks

SpunGirl
12-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Har, har, Jesae. I <3 Aerosmith. But, uh, yeah. You know what I'm talking about, and if you don't... :sniffle: ... you're not the person I thought you were!!! :cry:

-K

Marl
12-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Nilandia

Now, if you are going for the dried blood and gore look, it's a great start. Only thing I'd fix is to take out the "void black" bit in the gloves. Just call 'em black, we'll know what you mean. ;)

Nilandia

yea but void black is in this year, just look at my char. if you ever run across him :duh:

Edaarin
12-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Yeah right Arkans! You're like the most fashion-aware male on these boards other than Edaarin.

WTF?

Shari
12-17-2004, 03:10 PM
:rofl: