PDA

View Full Version : who bring you here?

Xcalibur
09-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Subject says it.. who bring you here? cause of who? google? someone?

Me, was anticor, on the www.the-spot.now.dead.com

Chadj
09-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Heh, a friend ingame showed me a post in here... long time ago now. :)

Artha
09-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Tayre, when he said 'No conflict on the conflict boards' after a few people were warned for using naughty language or something, then gave this URL.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Artha]

DCSL
09-09-2003, 07:06 PM
StrayRogue did, that dirty Brit. He told me about the massive amounts of flaming and I just had to see it for myself. I held out from actually signing up for a couple of weeks, but then I just had to say something and couldn't hold on.

Damn you, man. Damn you.

Scott
09-09-2003, 07:12 PM
I use to read everything on PC from hearing someone mention it in game over the amulet (can't remember who.) What got me to post though was when I saw Jim/Celtar bitching about how he was leaving. He posted it on the official boards but they removed it, so he brought it here. I've been posting ever since.

Kurili
09-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Pain/Hubris from Plat gave me a link here for the Nishima thread.

I stayed. I found religion. I am serene. Or is that insane?

Acolyte Kurili

Betheny
09-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Someone told me there was a better place to post than the official boards. I've read the boards off and on since I started playing, but I've never really been much of a poster. I guess times change. I remember being very surprised that Anticor is a mod.

AnticorRifling
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Back when Buckwheat was running the show there was a mod named Insomniac, he was my go to guy for scripting questions. He pointed me here. Before I was here I was posting on the spot.

GSLeloo
09-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Sintik actually. Because he showed me a post which dealt with Forus.

Taernath
09-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Uh... I've always been here. :)

When Buckwheet left the-spot and founded the other gsplayers boards I lurked for a month, then applied for a moderator position.

Back
09-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Same here, but without the mod app. I came over when it split from The-Spot. How I got to The-Spot? Maybe from a link at play.net, or a Yahoo search on GS sites? Not sure. Too many beers ago.

Soulpieced
09-09-2003, 09:12 PM
I think Maliku used to point me here.

Lord Deprav
09-09-2003, 09:22 PM
When the spot stopped character sales, I got to talking to Kranar and he was telling me that him and Buck were talking about starting this board together. And the rest is history...

Deprav

peam
09-09-2003, 09:38 PM
I've lurked here forever. I think the notion of talking shit unchecked is what kept me.

Hips
09-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Forus showed me the thread about him. Heh... I think he wanted sympathy.

HarmNone
09-09-2003, 10:18 PM
I came over when Buckwheet left The Spot and founded Player's Corner. I posted under a different name then, but have always been here in one form or another.

HarmNone

Praefection
09-09-2003, 11:20 PM
I think I found a link to this site on the official boards. I loved the idea of being able to come here to vent and basically bitch about people who pissed me off.

Tendarian
09-10-2003, 12:23 AM
I posted on the spot and then here when they moved under different names as i usually like to be the name of the character im playing most often. No one brought me over i read they were starting up at the spot and came then.

Caels
09-10-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey older gen people, here a name for ya to recall.

Kelood.

He invited me here in game one day when he saw my character and recalled my signature. I think this was about 2 months after the forums were started. And I still use the same siggy, though I cut out part of it. It used to also say, "May the fires of friendship light the path through darkness". I went for the less corny and much more serene sounding siggy you see now.

Tendarian
09-10-2003, 01:47 AM
Whatever happened to kelood anyway? I wasnt paying attention and then he disapeared. I always enjoyed his humor.

longshot
09-10-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

Who own The Chiefs?

I saw this board was discussed on the spot in the "These boards just bit the dust" thread.

I didn't know he also posted here, but I always like Taernath's posts. I guess that kinda got me to stay. Anticor too.

Now I'm a bastard.

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by DCSL
StrayRogue did, that dirty Brit. He told me about the massive amounts of flaming and I just had to see it for myself. I held out from actually signing up for a couple of weeks, but then I just had to say something and couldn't hold on.

Damn you, man. Damn you.

:lol:

Yes, its definately better than the sanitized goodness of the Official Boards. I don't even read them anymore beyond Marketplace, Rogues and Roleplay. I never have and never will post.

Hmmm, I think maybe it was Chica who brought me here, or a link from somewhere. I have to say I love em.

HarmNone
09-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Oh, I remember Kelood. Had not thought of him in quite awhile. I do hope he is doing well.

Now that you mention it, I remember that your old siggy was longer, Caels. I did not remember the second sentence until you posted it, though. :)

HarmNone

Xcalibur
09-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by longshot

Originally posted by Xcalibur

Who own The Chiefs?

I saw this board was discussed on the spot in the "These boards just bit the dust" thread.

I didn't know he also posted here, but I always like Taernath's posts. I guess that kinda got me to stay. Anticor too.

Now I'm a bastard.

Hey "chose"... c'qu'y sont les chiefs?"

chose: "À qui sont les chiefs, à qui sont les chiefs"

Goaly: "qui sont les chiefs, qui sont les chiefs".

chose:" el sais-tu moé"

French quebecois version rocks, though we don't see the gap between you and us...

Brang?

Skirmisher
09-10-2003, 09:17 AM
I used to read the BBS on Tsorans site and someone from the PC posted there with the link i think.

I was a bit shocked at some of the flames at first but also found the more witty retorts quite amusing as well as having both more information AND more posters in general so I stayed.:bounce:

Caels
09-10-2003, 02:45 PM
As far as I know, 'Lood's doin well. I think he broke away from the gaming community entirely after he quit the forums.

I always liked him, but he vanished into the dreaded real world some time ago. It's quite rare to find him online now.