PDA

View Full Version : Hunting, 55-65ish?

Arqueto
12-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Got a quick question about hunting ideas for the same level 57 warrior. He's a two-hand/brawl Volner... any suggestions for regular and undead creatures? He wears full plate, obviously. I'm interested in all suggestions regardless of location. Thanks for your help.

StrayRogue
12-10-2004, 03:25 AM
Teras - Pyro's and the like, maybe even mages.

Lomoriond
12-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Soul golems...

My 2 handed/brawl elf took those on early on in IV, and I was only 48 at the time.

Just watch out because they ignore stuns (meaning kick twice and stance back, kick once if you have bad lag, they run 8-9 second attack intervals)

What are they nowadays anyways? 63?

Nieninque
12-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Wind Wraiths

Parkbandit
12-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Wind Wraiths

Wind Wraiths? Did they stop casting spells?

Sorry.. my square avoided wind wraiths at all cost.

Nieninque
12-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Nieninque
Wind Wraiths

Wind Wraiths? Did they stop casting spells?

Sorry.. my square avoided wind wraiths at all cost.

hmmm...they do cast spells but dont seem to be very good at it (I havent been warded by them yet) but then I have spells for defences so maybe thats why. Having said that, I am uphunting a lot by being there and fu is great for killing them.

Hadnt thought about the spells for squares though, so maybe wraiths are not so good.

12-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Be a man and take on the Stronghold.

- Arkans

Czeska
12-10-2004, 10:47 AM
I'd say kick wind wraiths. If they can't ward my 38 train bard much, you should be ok. Besides, there are almost always spellcasters at the statue willing to give blues out.

Parkbandit
12-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
Be a man and take on the Stronghold.

- Arkans

Stronghold is the absolute worst hunting area in the game today. It's rediculas that a level 65 rogue that is:

1) Completely unencumbered
2) Has wizard strength
3) Has ranger strength
4) Has 96 Dex stat
5) Has 95 Agl stat
6) Wears armor that he is over trained in

usually gets hit with 50% of the bullshit maneuvers in that area. I can take the fact that he gets warded by shamen and the occasional mystic.. but fuck me.. he's not quick enough to move out of the way when a giant stone mystic falls towards him???

The worst hunting area mechanics bar none.

Drew
12-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Aww PB, I hunt stronghold with my guy who is Sithral's age, maybe you are just doing something wrong? :smilegrin:

Parkbandit
12-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Aww PB, I hunt stronghold with my guy who is Sithral's age, maybe you are just doing something wrong? :smilegrin:

What exactly am I doing wrong when I walk into a room and get immediately stone fist fucked?

Sorry.. but a level 65 rogue who is maxed out on his combat skills and who has done everything that the makers of the game say he should.. should NOT GET CONSISTENTLY FUCKED there.

And I thought there was a level type restriction from climbing over the stairs there?

Trinitis
12-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Your a dwarf. Question answered :P

:saint:

Drew
12-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

What exactly am I doing wrong when I walk into a room and get immediately stone fist fucked?

Sorry.. but a level 65 rogue who is maxed out on his combat skills and who has done everything that the makers of the game say he should.. should NOT GET CONSISTENTLY FUCKED there.

And I thought there was a level type restriction from climbing over the stairs there?

No level restriction, just a climbing check. Anyway, the point of Stronghold is that it's supposed to REALLY HARD, if you could avoid all the attacks because you did everything the game told you to it would cease being hard thereby defeating the point. There are plenty of other much easier options for hunting at that train, if the Stronghold was the only one, you would have a complaint. As it is the area was designed to be able to kill anyone who hunts there a good bit and is working as promised. Believe it or not some people like it that way.

Parkbandit
12-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't have problem with it being hard.. but to die at the frequency I was at the end was simply not fun. And it's the only hunting area in the landing, which gives me very few options other than relocating to another town if I want to learn anything.

Drew
12-10-2004, 06:06 PM
That's more of a system wide problem, you can't really hunt any town 0-100, but like I said, there are a lot of hunters there who love the area and would just scream if it got turned down at all, this discussion happens a lot on the officials.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin

I'm older than Falgrin, a halfling and maxxed dex/ref, and I get fucked by it way to often myself. The stronghold is fucked up.

Trinitis
12-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Originally posted by Adredrin

I'm older than Falgrin, a halfling and maxxed dex/ref, and I get fucked by it way to often myself. The stronghold is fucked up.

My responce had nothing to do with being factual. Just me pokin at Falgrin, and dwarves at general ;)