PDA

View Full Version : artisan ranks equate to what numerically?

ElanthianSiren
12-08-2004, 05:03 PM
I suppose we should be happy we get a system at all in GS to tell us how far along we are in artisan ranks, but has anyone made a numeric comparison to the generic ranks vs. the actual required ranks to master a craft?

Almost makes me want to start over forging/fletching etc just to make one ... because I'm like that.

-Melissa

12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Woah!

Are you the pale, ghost, looks like a dead white woman Melissa? If so, send numerous lightning bolts in the general direction of Hammerrhead.

As for Artisan ranks, bleghumfehdoodle, I'll just pay somebody who actually had the time to acquire ranks to make me my ub3r l33t bane weapon with this Mandis Crystal shard that's been sitting in my locker collecting the dead sinew of drosophila melanogasters.

Thanks, much :heart:, Stanley.

ElanthianSiren
12-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
Woah!

Are you the pale, ghost, looks like a dead white woman Melissa? If so, send numerous lightning bolts in the general direction of Hammerrhead.

That would probably be me, yea. Sorry, I only deal in whips and chains though.

Welp, that was informative on the contents of Stan's locker, but not helpful! Anyway though, I'll be putting up a rank guide with rank numbers when I finish crafting and go to actual forging.

Since they both require 500 ranks within the same system (and relying on the fact that rudamentry systems are not very creatively diverse in GS -- which makes me wonder why we DON'T just have a system to tell us how many ranks we have since the current system is just as OOC), I'd assume they're comprable. Look for the guide soon enough.

-Melissa

Parkbandit
12-09-2004, 02:52 PM
It's stupid to have a system in place where you have to repeat things a certain number of times in order to become proficient in it.. yet no definitive way to actually measure it. I have made over 500 "perfect taper" arrows.. yet have zero idea if I actually mastered the skill because I didn't count every "aha" message.

StrayRogue
12-09-2004, 02:53 PM
WoW Artisan systems pwns GS Artisan system.

Parkbandit
12-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
WoW Artisan systems pwns GS Artisan system.

It sure as hell does. Can you imagine being able to make quality weapons, armor and other equipment in GS4 like you can in WoW?

Just another reason why I'm playing WoW right now and not GS4.

Jayvn
09-13-2005, 11:40 AM
So do we have a list yet of exactly how many aha's or you learned somethings = novice apprentice...etc... Just curious how far along I am since I wasn't counting months ago and I'm at apprentice fletcher and crafting.

hectomaner
09-13-2005, 12:49 PM
0-99 journeyman
100-199 novice
200-299 apprentice
300-399 skilled
400-499 higly skilled
500 master

i THINK thats the order of them, the #s are right, just not sure about label

Jayvn
09-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Cool thanks much