reminion came on the isle starting trouble, results were me dueling
him

Twighlght sits down.
>
Twighlght says, "1."
>
Twighlght says, "2."
>
The boost to your fighting spirit fades.
>
Twighlght says, "3."
>
Reminion traces a simple rune while intoning a short, mystical phrase...
>war bellow remin
You glare at Reminion and let out a nerve-shattering bellow!
Reminion is startled enough to lose initiative!

Roundtime: 3 sec.
>war bellow remin
You glare at Reminion and let out a nerve-shattering bellow!
Reminion is startled enough to lose initiative!

>war growl remin
...wait 1 seconds.
>war growl remin
Your face contorts as you unleash a guttural, deep-throated growl at Reminion!
Reminion is overcome with a terrible rage!

>look rem
You see Reminion Ismiss.
He appears to be an Elf.
He appears to be advanced in years and average height. He has piercing steel grey eyes and tanned skin. He has shoulder length, thick auburn hair. He has thin pointed ears.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a kraken-etched long ebony runestaff with glossy black snakeskin wound about its shaft in his right hand.
He is wearing a blackened leather wand harness, an enruned dark mithril scroll case, some black serpent-crested leathers, a polished amethyst band, a silvery silk wizard's hat, a magenta samite armband, a crystal amulet, a fiery red armband, an onyx and beryl earcuff, some sharp-toed shiny black boots, a pair of simple black pants, a wraith talon-fringed sheath, a veniom-laced spidersilk cloak, a large sack, and a gold ring.
>
Erolus snickers.
>tac remin
[Roll result: 196 (open d100: 76) Penalties: 5]
You hurl yourself at Reminion and connect!
You knock Reminion flat and jump to your feet. Smooth!
Roundtime: 7 sec.
>
Erolus says, "Dun forget disarm."
>disarm remin
Erolus winks at you.
>
[Roll result: 168 (open d100: 93) Penalties: -10]
You swing your vultite mattock at Reminion's long ebony runestaff and connect!
Reminion's long ebony runestaff is knocked to the ground!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>sign of madness
You are filled with berserk rage! Attack! Attack! Attack!
>
Erolus says, "Now crush him."
>at rem
You swing a zorchar-edged vultite mattock at Reminion!
AS: +446 vs DS: +222 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +40 = +300
... and hit for 130 points of damage!
Blow to eye impacts the brain.
Reminion twitches violently, then dies.

* Reminion drops dead at your feet!

Reminion returns to normal color.
Reminion no longer bristles with energy.
The deep blue glow leaves Reminion.
Reminion becomes solid again.
The bright luminescence fades from around Reminion.
The light blue glow leaves Reminion.
Reminion seems a bit less imposing.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Reminion suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Reminion.
Reminion glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves Reminion.
Reminion appears somehow different.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Reminion.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
* Reminion just bit the dust!

GSLeloo
12-05-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't even know if he's the original player or not. I've seen him as Forus and I've seen someone else using him.

Divinity
12-05-2004, 01:06 PM
You had someone coach you through the kill? :?:

Meth
12-05-2004, 01:07 PM
lol nah, would seem like that though, i thought it would look funny, i knew id catch heat for it ;)

Meth
12-05-2004, 01:08 PM
ya talkin bout reminion?

Brattt8525
12-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Divinity
You had someone coach you through the kill? :?:

:lol2:

Chadj
12-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Unimpressed. I find guild moves in duels to be very cheap. However, a win is a win.

Meth
12-05-2004, 01:50 PM
cheap? all us warriors have our gld skills, what am i to do? swing at him as he stands in defense, then while im in rt he ewaves and bolts me? noooo thanks, ill take the 'cheap' win, i worked hard for my gld, gives me same types of skills others get normally

Nieninque
12-05-2004, 01:51 PM
You know you suck when Chadj tells you you suck

Jonty
12-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
I find guild moves in duels to be very cheap.

Why? What do you except them to do?

AnticorRifling
12-05-2004, 03:31 PM
My only beef with guild skills is the fact that I have to send 2 commands to the game to get off a spell in a duel where you only have to send 1 to get the guild skill off meaning if you're old enough to tag me with guild you win period.

Meth
12-05-2004, 04:06 PM
not really, doesnt psinet got that tool u can type in one command and it preps and casts at someone, I know u can incant spells too, which is obviously one command

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Meth]

Chadj
12-05-2004, 04:58 PM
I personally refuse duels with them. I think Reminion was an idiot to duel a warrior like level, cause guild will pwn almost every time.

Carl Spackler
12-05-2004, 05:26 PM
He should be quicker with an ewave or call wind.

Xenostrus
12-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Saying that guild skills are cheap in a duel is like saying that spells are cheap. Wizards/ clerics depend on spells and warriors/ rogues depend on guild skills. I find that pure fighters are still at a disadvantage because they have to actually go through the guild and gain there guild skills one by one. Unlike a caster who just levels and chooses which spell they want to learn.

In otherwords, hybrid professions own all.

Nieninque
12-05-2004, 05:48 PM
I personally refuse duels with them. I think Reminion was an idiot to duel a warrior like level, cause guild will pwn almost every time.

Then you suck.
Guild skills are like any other offensive skill.
You can beat them, just need to be quicker and smarter...but....nah

AnticorRifling
12-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque

Then you suck.
Guild skills are like any other offensive skill.
You can beat them, just need to be quicker and smarter...but....nah

Quicker? How can a profession that's reliant on two sends be quicker than a profession reliant on one?

Unless you're talking imbeds, or wands, or pre prepped spells which are all crap in a duel.

Hide maybe? Not so much show me a wizard that is 1x hide at any decent lvl and I'll tip my hat but you don't see that often.

My best bet is to get my cman off before their guild skills but remember I'm a freak and you won't find many (if any) other wizards that have 5 ranks in a cman since it's ohh 54 lvls worth of 1x CM to do so.

Nieninque
12-05-2004, 06:01 PM
916 [enter]

of for those without psinet

incant 916

AnticorRifling
12-05-2004, 06:08 PM
I always forget about incant. I used it once and never again heh. Yeah incant would work. When I dueled I had a macro for 916.

I would, sit, prep 916, cast, stand, 506, 912, att target.

The sit was because at the age I was dueling most warriors had mastered tackle but not warcries. So I'd sit, they'd try to tackle and be like uh he's on the ground ahole, then I'd inviso and it was go time. Same for the rogues, negated their sweep. Of course at this age I doupt that's their first move but it was fun in the lvl 25-30 range.

Nieninque
12-05-2004, 06:16 PM
And that would be the smarter part kicking in.

Jonty
12-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah, before the duel starts... target your opponent, then incant your spells.

12-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Duels to the death should be anything goes. Unfortunately, this also makes all duels into a general "Whoever strikes first, wins"

- Arkans

AnticorRifling
12-05-2004, 10:04 PM

I don't think it's smarter I think it's more informed. I've never had a reason to ever incant anything so I'd forgotten it's inseption.

Sean
12-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Way to abuse the mentally retarded.

Lyonis
12-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Unimpressed. I find guild moves in duels to be very cheap. However, a win is a win.

I'm sure you would never be so bold as to assume your Bard spells would actually work in a duel. For clarity's sake I mean the minority of people Chadj's actually old enough to hit.

DeV
12-06-2004, 01:24 AM
I personally refuse duels with them. I think Reminion was an idiot to duel a warrior like level, cause guild will pwn almost every time. My Sorcerer dueled a warrior about 5 trains over him and your cs will get them everytime If you're quick enough. The guid skills do kick ass but they aren't impossible to beat. Quite the opposite. They honestly need those skills, especially going up against a caster of like level or even a little lower.

Methais
12-06-2004, 04:17 AM
GS duels should give everyone a temporary boost to 10000 HP so they last more than first hit wins.

Nieninque
12-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

I don't think it's smarter I think it's more informed. I've never had a reason to ever incant anything so I'd forgotten it's inseption.

I meant the sitting down stuff to negate tackle/sweep. Thats being smart.

AnticorRifling
12-06-2004, 08:29 AM

Yeah that was sexy stuff :) When did the incant option enter GS?

Nieninque
12-06-2004, 10:48 AM
A few months ago. Back when they were trying to match Jamus's tricks on Psinet, but failing miserably.

Sean
12-06-2004, 04:40 PM
When I was in voln I found one of the best ways to neutralize a warriors guild skills was symbol of calm. They can break it but it atleast gives you a little edge in the reaction time especially since it doesn't require a prep and a cast.

AnticorRifling
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
When I was in voln I found one of the best ways to neutralize a warriors guild skills was symbol of calm. They can break it but it atleast gives you a little edge in the reaction time especially since it doesn't require a prep and a cast.

Not bad, wouldn't do me any good as I'm not a volner. Man I bet that pissed off some rogues and warriors heh :cool:

Back before incant I couldn't think of many ways to negate the 1 send vs 2. At least now there is one more option for people that didn't think of the less obvious routes.

Meth
12-06-2004, 07:09 PM
incant is good for some situations, but Ive killed people i was hunting with by using incant, i guess it just mistargets sometimes, i killed a critter, moved a room and it targeted the guy hunting with me, so i just set macros, after all the years callin people who hunt with macros lazy :)

Sylph
02-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Ive had a lot of warrior vs. warrior duels that were... nasty... long... engagements.

allen
03-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Owned, period.

FinisWolf
03-19-2005, 06:57 PM

Sorcerers, Empaths, Clerics, and even wiards can snatch a warriors ass with CS spells, so in answer to that, we have guild skills.

It boils down to who acts first then.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-19-2005, 06:59 PM
You know you suck when Chadj tells you you suck

Chadj sucks if he really believes what he posted. --THE END!--

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-19-2005, 07:00 PM
My only beef with guild skills is the fact that I have to send 2 commands to the game to get off a spell in a duel where you only have to send 1 to get the guild skill off meaning if you're old enough to tag me with guild you win period.

I disagree. Both target their enemy. Then one gld skillz the other, or the other incants. 2 commands for each. If the caster decided to use 3 commands, thats his/her problem.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-19-2005, 07:02 PM

Still..., it depends on who gets froggy first and jumps.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-19-2005, 07:07 PM

I think the sit to compete against tackle/sweep is righteous, way to use your bean Anticor.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Meth
incant is good for some situations, but Ive killed people i was hunting with by using incant, i guess it just mistargets sometimes, i killed a critter, moved a room and it targeted the guy hunting with me, so i just set macros, after all the years callin people who hunt with macros lazy :)

That shoulda been fixed. If you are still getting that, you should assist, as tehy claimed it was fixed.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

Tsa`ah
03-19-2005, 08:25 PM
You do realize that this thread is 3 months old ... sans the last bump a month ago.

FinisWolf
03-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Nope, it showed up as new when I logged in...

..., and Allen re-opened the thread today, thats why it showed up as new to me.

::shrug::

LOL

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

allen
03-20-2005, 06:40 AM
I felt a need to get the dueler's arena kicking again, been so dead lately, so let's see some duels!