PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Does Not Know What Aleppo Is

ClydeR
09-08-2016, 10:21 AM
That's it for the independent candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgwhADPcwnk

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 12:45 PM
That's it for the independent candidate.

Good lord, Gary Johnson, what the hell! :gawk:

Taernath
09-08-2016, 12:56 PM
He probably thought the guy said "a leppo".

Astray
09-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Later he addressed this. My facebook feed won't shut the fuck up about it.

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 01:28 PM
He probably thought the guy said "a leppo".

http://www.zuwee.com/cst/beer1/cst-beer1-LEPPO.jpg

Taernath
09-08-2016, 01:44 PM
"Mr. Johnson, what is your policy on Updog?"

Candor
09-08-2016, 03:02 PM
It's disappointing Gary Johnson didn't understand the reference. But I expect if folks were to go around asking people what they thought about Aleppo, a lot of them would have a similar reaction.

Gelston
09-08-2016, 03:03 PM
It's disappointing Gary Johnson didn't understand the reference. But I expect if folks were to go around asking people what they thought about Aleppo, a lot of them would have a similar reaction.

Good thing most folks aren't trying to run for President then, right?

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 03:14 PM
"Mr. Johnson, what is your policy on Updog?"

"We're gonna make American beer great again I tell you, great. We'll have so many awesome beers even Russia will be jealous."

Menos
09-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Johnson is the smart one on the ticket too. This is the VP nominee on guns... I did not think one could actually be less informed on guns than Democrats or Media personalities. I was wrong, I was so wrong.

William Weld:

“The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses. That is when they become, essentially a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/libertarian-vp-nominee-calls-rifles-weapons-of-mass-destruction

Gelston
09-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Johnson is the smart one on the ticket too. This is the VP nominee on guns... I did not think one could actually be less informed on guns than Democrats or Media personalities. I was wrong, I was so wrong.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/libertarian-vp-nominee-calls-rifles-weapons-of-mass-destruction

5 shot rifle? Attaching clips? Firing shells? Removing the firing pin? ....... What the fuck man. I definitely don't want that dude as the VP. I'd probably go democrat over this ticket.

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 04:24 PM
“The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if
you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses."

Dude, I've seen some ignorance in my time but this.. holy shit.

Clunk
09-08-2016, 07:57 PM

I didn’t understand the reference to Aleppo, and had to go look it up. After that, I went and reviewed the Libertarian Party platform section on international affairs. It seems to me that his answer was consistent with the party platform goal to ‘We would end the current U.S. government policy of foreign intervention …’, including intervention for humanitarian reasons.
Some people prefer a policy where we keep our noses out of other nation’s affairs, others prefer that we be the policemen for the world.

Either way, because it got the reaction it did, I would expect more questions along this line. It would highlight one of the differences between the various party principles and positions.

Clunk

Methais
09-08-2016, 07:59 PM

By golly

Gelston
09-08-2016, 08:01 PM
I didn’t understand the reference to Aleppo, and had to go look it up. After that, I went and reviewed the Libertarian Party platform section on international affairs. It seems to me that his answer was consistent with the party platform goal to ‘We would end the current U.S. government policy of foreign intervention …’, including intervention for humanitarian reasons.
Some people prefer a policy where we keep our noses out of other nation’s affairs, others prefer that we be the policemen for the world.

Either way, because it got the reaction it did, I would expect more questions along this line. It would highlight one of the differences between the various party principles and positions.

Clunk

Just because their idea is to end foreign intervention, doesn't mean the party leaders should stick their head in the sand and pretend the world doesn't exist past the US borders. It is a fairly important place, throughout history and currently.

Androidpk

Clunk

Did you see what his VP pick said about guns? Those on a government watch list should have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. Libertarian my ass.

Methais
“The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if
you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses."

Dude, I've seen some ignorance in my time but this.. holy shit.

Maybe he's catering to the "The AR in AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle!" crowd.

Gelston
09-08-2016, 08:03 PM
when is Thondalar going to come in here and defend him?

Clunk
09-08-2016, 08:10 PM
If you're saying ignorance is no excuse, I would agree. The position is mre understandable when stated in a manner that shows a deliberate and conscious decision to keep our noses out of it.
All I'm pointing out is that his answer was consistent with the stated party platform. That aspect probably should be elaborated on in debate.

Clunk
09-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Did you see what his VP pick said about guns? Those on a government watch list should have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. Libertarian my ass.

I did not. Mostly I'm not following all the individual news statements because they get presented without the background indicating whether the statements would be consistent with expectations for a candidate from that party. Instead, news presentations typically come across as 'oh my god! did you hear what so and so said about this?!?!' as if the stated response should not be expected.

Gelston
09-08-2016, 08:19 PM
I did not. Mostly I'm not following all the individual news statements because they get presented without the background indicating whether the statements would be consistent with expectations for a candidate from that party. Instead, news presentations typically come across as 'oh my god! did you hear what so and so said about this?!?!' as if the stated response should not be expected.

Oh, the part where it is shown, in his own words and in context, that he is a gun ignorant anti-2a idiot?

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 08:57 PM
I took every single pin out of my MK 4000 shell launcher and added 3 banana clips. It shoots grenades out of the illegally lubricated barrel so fast that I had to stock up on milspec petroleum jelly just to keep it cool and fresh.

:lol:

Gelston
09-08-2016, 09:05 PM
You'd use LSA for that. Just FYI.

Taernath
09-08-2016, 09:21 PM

Pssst... I don't think the Mk 4000 is a real weapon!

Gelston
09-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Pssst... I don't think the Mk 4000 is a real weapon!

Even a fictional full auto would use LSA.

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Even a fictional full auto would use LSA.

Spoken like someone that's never used milspec petroleum jelly.

~Rocktar~
09-08-2016, 09:39 PM

How does that compare to Ballistol?

Gelston
09-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Spoken like someone that's never used milspec petroleum jelly.

Milspec just means lowest bidder.

Gelston
09-08-2016, 09:43 PM
How does that compare to Ballistol?

Ballistol is fine for semi auto, you use LSA for fully auto because it is thicker.

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 09:48 PM

you must be a blast at parties

Gelston
09-08-2016, 09:50 PM
you must be a blast at parties

I've just never understood why people like milspec shit, it just means it is cheap.

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 09:57 PM
i know what milspec is, that's not the point. And people say I have no sense of humor.

drauz
09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
i know what milspec is, that's not the point. And people say I have no sense of humor.

You just miss jokes like Shaq shooting free throws.

Luftstreitkräfte
09-08-2016, 10:31 PM
how the fuck don't you know what Aleppo is? didn't people study the globe growing up?

Warriorbird
09-08-2016, 10:33 PM
He definitely doesn't have the "they don't study Geography in school any more" excuse.

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 10:37 PM
You just miss jokes like Shaq shooting free throws.

I'm also terrible at shooting free throws.

drauz
09-08-2016, 11:23 PM
how the fuck don't you know what Aleppo is? didn't people study the globe growing up?

My first thought was that it was dog food.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplus/detail-page/Aplo_PC_lamb_lg.jpg

Androidpk
09-08-2016, 11:28 PM
See what happens when I stop posting my world war posts? Are you happy now gelstone?

Jarvan
09-09-2016, 12:01 AM

This is not an excuse.

IF you ask a random person on the street who the VP is.. and they don't know, that doesn't mean they are still qualified to be the President.

Jarvan
09-09-2016, 12:05 AM

Milspec means Lowest Bidder and Highest Actual Cost.

Carsyn
09-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Sarah Palin thought Aleppo was one of the Marx Brothers.

Gelston
09-09-2016, 12:59 AM
Sarah Palin thought Aleppo was one of the Marx Brothers.

Good thing she isn't and has never run for President of the US right?

Jarvan
09-09-2016, 04:06 AM
Good thing she isn't and has never run for President of the US right?

Well.....

Maybe he just forgot what it was...

you know, like how Clinton Forgot she got a Briefing on how to handle Classified info.. or what Classified info was. These things happen after all.

Candor
09-09-2016, 04:31 AM

William Weld:

“The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses. That is when they become, essentially a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15.”

Impressive...so much pure BS crammed into three sentences.

Parkbandit
09-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Clunk

Being a isolationist doesn't mean you can be completely ignorant about world affairs and just say "derp, derp.. Let's just talk about the USA!"

Clunk
09-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Agreed.

Being a isolationist doesn't mean you can be completely ignorant about world affairs and just say "derp, derp.. Let's just talk about the USA!"

(You can quote me on this next part) Typically when someone asks a question about the 'BlahBlahBlah' that concerns them, the response is '"What is 'BlahBlahBlah'"?

We are human after all and should not be expected to know everything.

Fallen
09-09-2016, 06:28 PM
What's odd about it is Aleppo isn't an obscure place. It is constantly in the news in the last few years. It makes you wonder where he gets his news from. Does he not listen/read the news at all? It isn't even a right/left issue.

Gelston
09-09-2016, 06:45 PM
What's odd about it is Aleppo isn't an obscure place. It is constantly in the news in the last few years. It makes you wonder where he gets his news from. Does he not listen/read the news at all? It isn't even a right/left issue.

I don't understand how you couldn't know what Aleppo is even if it wasn't in the news. It has a fairly big historical significance. Maybe he failed history.

Jarvan
09-09-2016, 09:38 PM

Well.. Obama doesn't watch the news.... except when he learns about huge important news stories regarding fuck ups in his administration... then he hears about it when we do, in the news.

Parkbandit
09-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Agreed.

(You can quote me on this next part) Typically when someone asks a question about the 'BlahBlahBlah' that concerns them, the response is '"What is 'BlahBlahBlah'"?

We are human after all and should not be expected to know everything.

I agree and you would have a very valid point if Aleppo was just an insignificant blip on the single news cycle.

Not knowing what the name "Aleppo" even was should be concerning.

Methais
09-10-2016, 01:26 PM
My first thought was that it was dog food.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplus/detail-page/Aplo_PC_lamb_lg.jpg

I asked my dog what Aleppo was and she got all excited and made me feed her.

Latrinsorm
09-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Who doesn't know Aleppo is the capital of Ubekibekibekistanstan?

Tgo01
09-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Who doesn't know Aleppo is the capital of Ubekibekibekistanstan?

Is that one of the nations with Sharia Law that doesn't outlaw homosexuality?

Latrinsorm
09-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Is that one of the nations with Sharia Law that doesn't outlaw homosexuality?No need to ask me, just look at the table then make up whatever answer fits your preconceived notions.

Again.

:yes:

Warriorbird
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM
No need to ask me, just look at the table then make up whatever answer fits your preconceived notions.

Again.

:yes:

Politics Folder Progress Quest is real yo.