PDA

View Full Version : Red Forest Herb Bounties - Need Information

MzFit Toy
09-06-2016, 02:16 PM
I am trying to update the Red Forest map for herbs in the Landing. If you get a Red Forest herb bounty (whether you traded it or not), let me know what it is so I can find it and add it to the map for future use. You can let me know here or in game, and as I am able to check out the map, I will add what I find.

-Dirvy

Around 37 herbs were added, most have been tagged in the first section of the Landing Red Forest map. However, all outside rooms are the same for the entire map, so all herbs found in the first section, will be found in all outside rooms in any section of the Landing Red Forest map. Tillmen said 1507 herb tags were recently added to the mapdb. Alisaire helped with this as well, so make sure you thank her when you see her.

Ulkov
09-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Dunno if you have this one already (probably) or if I'm even doing it right (probably not) but, figured I'd drop this here before I traded it in.

The healer in Wehnimer's Landing, Surtey Akrash, is working on a concoction that requires a sprig of wild lilac found in the Red Forest near Wehnimer's Landing. These samples must be in pristine condition. You have been tasked to retrieve 10 samples.

Ososis
09-15-2016, 06:56 PM
Which map are you updating?

Gnomad
09-15-2016, 09:10 PM
I am trying to update the Red Forest map for herbs in the Landing. If you get a Red Forest herb bounty (whether you traded it or not), let me know what it is so I can find it and add it to the map for future use. You can let me know here or in game, and as I am able to check out the map, I will add what I find.

-Dirvy

22 herbs were added with 2 rooms each.If you're talking about the mapdb, lnet automatically updates a room's herb tags when you find a new herb.

MzFit Toy
09-18-2016, 03:06 AM
Dunno if you have this one already (probably) or if I'm even doing it right (probably not) but, figured I'd drop this here before I traded it in.

The healer in Wehnimer's Landing, Surtey Akrash, is working on a concoction that requires a sprig of wild lilac found in the Red Forest near Wehnimer's Landing. These samples must be in pristine condition. You have been tasked to retrieve 10 samples.

I believe that one has been added already. I took a common herb list from another map and added everything I could find, and have only recently had a bounty for that area that the herb was not already added. But if you get any others that are not, let me know.

MzFit Toy
09-18-2016, 03:07 AM
If you're talking about the mapdb, lnet automatically updates a room's herb tags when you find a new herb.

If you checkout the mapdb, yes, it will add the herbs as they are foraged, which is what I have been doing. Tillmen said 1507 herb tags were recently added.

MzFit Toy
09-18-2016, 03:08 AM
Which map are you updating?

The Landing Red Forest map, but looking into possibly doing the EN Red Forest map, if someone fixes the map so that it does not register with Landing RF herbs.

Gnomad
09-18-2016, 09:12 AM
The Landing Red Forest map, but looking into possibly doing the EN Red Forest map, if someone fixes the map so that it does not register with Landing RF herbs.If/when I fix the EN map, since every room has the same herbs, it'll be dead simple to copy the herb data over in the process.

MzFit Toy
09-18-2016, 12:43 PM
If/when I fix the EN map, since every room has the same herbs, it'll be dead simple to copy the herb data over in the process.

Assuming EN doesn't have some weird herbs. I have not done many foraging tasks in any part of the Nations, so I have no idea if they have weird ones or not.

Schala
09-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Unless there is a plant that can be foraged in game that I'm not aware of - and is also not on any lich map tag in any region - the definitive list for each version of the Red Forest is as follows:

tree bark
luckbloom blossom (day)
stalk of bluebells
blueberries
wild chokecherry
bright red cranberry
fiddlehead fern
wild pink geranium
wild gooseberry
brostheras grass
acantha leaf
sassafras leaf
wintergreen leaf
bolmara lichen
wolifrew lichen
wild lilac
mistweed (Ta'Vaalor's Displaced Red Forest version ONLY)
ephlox moss
murdroot
blue trafel mushroom
soft white mushroom
white hook mushroom (night)
withered black mushroom
angelica root
tkaro root
valerian root
small wild rose
sweetfern stalk
pennyroyal stem
stick
bright red teaberry
broken twig
oak twig
slender twig
twisted twig
willow twig
yew twig
blue whortleberry (Wehnimer's Landing's Red Forest version ONLY)

The only difference between the two versions of the Red Forest is the the presence/absence of mistweed (TV only) and the blue whortleberry (WL only). Plants with standard time limitations on foraging still have that same limitation in both instances (luckbloom blossoms found only during the day, white hook mushrooms found only during the night). ALL rooms that appear on the map in both versions of the Red Forest have the exact same environmental conditions ("cold, damp climate" and "deciduous forest" terrain). In addition, the three rooms inside the main house in the Ilvari village has those exact same conditions AND is likewise an "outdoors" room. I believe I've already gotten all forageable plant types in the WL instance of the Red Forest (though I might've left off one of the time-specific ones). I haven't touched the TV instance of the Red Forest map yet pending any needed updates to recognize it as separate from the WL instance.

TL;DR - All mapped rooms in each instance have the exact same plant types that can be foraged, respective to their instance. This should make bounty tasks substantially easier.