PDA

View Full Version : non UAC builds

Enuch
09-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Just curious from the community since I still have 10 days to play around with some builds what might be some additional viable monk builds.

I would like to try some out, feel like open archer and tons of dodge would be viable, also maybe a maul, dodge and Mstrike.

Any sample builds out there for non UAC?

Donquix
09-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Open archer is probably the best build at mid levels+ when you can reliably aim shots, because turns out archery is really good. Easy to keep your RT minimal with perfect self + surge. Some extra AS from burst of swiftness as well.

THW with aimed shots is perfectly viable. 1207 and/or feint, ambush head, loot. Pick up 10-20 ranks of ambush early for aiming, made a world of difference on maul shots to the head when I was doing it pre-30

normal AS/DS attacks using TWC with any of the standard smaller TWC weapons (shortswords, katars, fist scythes, etc.) is fine. If you do a brawler it gives you the option of also having UAC as an alternate attack type.

never tried a heavy MoC + THW path. When I was THW I only ever had 5-10 ranks or so of MoC for a little FoF offset.

macgyver
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
I know I'm new but how about thrown? especially aimed throwing? Anyone know how thrown works with MoC? or it doesn't?

Androidpk
09-06-2016, 04:16 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?83510-New-monk-build-THW

Enuch
09-06-2016, 04:16 PM
No idea how it works with Moc but without a bandolier that creates thrown weapons I feel like it would be strenuous

Androidpk
09-06-2016, 04:49 PM
throw doesn't work with MOC

sentral
09-08-2016, 10:25 AM
thought lash rules! Well I have a UAC monk. 1207 punch head!

macgyver
09-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Shielded Brawler, i have no idea why we don't get this as monks, it seems obvious.

Also, is there a way to hit undead as a monk? Would I need to bless some handwraps?

Enuch
09-12-2016, 09:50 AM
If you are in voln and get step 10 you are able to hit undead with gloves without a bless it your gear becomes 0x

fallenSaint
09-12-2016, 09:55 AM
I went the route of THW + MOC myself. Not saying this is viable for all players but I found it entertaining.

macgyver
09-12-2016, 10:21 AM
If you are in voln and get step 10 you are able to hit undead with gloves without a bless it your gear becomes 0x

Hm, elaborate, I'm able to hit undead while wearing any kind of glove or has to be 0x? can it be 0x and flaring? can I hit undead which have both undead and magic flags up?

Enuch
09-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Okay so say you are wearing 4x Fire flaring gloves. Normally would not be functional. Step 10 makes those 4x Fire flares 0x with no flares but saves you having to hunt for a bless or swap gear.

20 unarmed AS isn't a real deal break IMO so I never bothered looking for a bless.

macgyver
09-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Okay so say you are wearing 4x Fire flaring gloves. Normally would not be functional. Step 10 makes those 4x Fire flares 0x with no flares but saves you having to hunt for a bless or swap gear.

20 unarmed AS isn't a real deal break IMO so I never bothered looking for a bless.

Ah, just read it again. It's step 8 and it looks like it's really useful when you run out of blesses in mid combat (no wasted attacks). Otherwise finding another pair of mitts and voln blessing them would probably be better. Which takes me to another question, can you voln bless or regular bless an ensorcelled handwrap?

Enuch
09-12-2016, 11:34 AM
I would assume if it was previously blessable yes

Donquix
09-12-2016, 09:04 PM
People always say that the UAF loss doesn't matter. They're wrong. Yes, you can hunt fine without it, just like a swinger could use a 0x weapon if they wanted, but I 100% notice when my bless runs out. It's nice if you're feeling lazy, or middle of a hunt, etc. but you should 100% get a bless when possible. If for nothing else the flares.

Enuch
09-12-2016, 10:00 PM
I was hiding from ambush and while I could notice the loss of UAF I still had no issues, I am sure open combat is different but for me I could sacrifice that.

It's like coach versus first class. If you always hunt 0x it's no bigs but once you make that step to blessed gear its hard to slum it back in coach with the 0x fists.

macgyver
09-13-2016, 04:58 PM
But it's not like you have to move heaven and earth to find a bless if you're in Voln, sinceyou can kinda do it yourself. Some plain 4x blessables or even 5x blessable handwraps are like what? 250k at most?